“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#678954 Dec 18, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not failing to recognize that you have no proof of your god.
I'll prove that I'm not failing to recognize that.
Prove there's a god.
You can't.
You have no proof.
prove that there's a carl sagan!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#678955 Dec 18, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my gosh! You mean we're both posting comments on threads about religion/atheism!
Oh dear! What were the odds!!!
Get over yourself, kitten.
all hail caesar/pope and long live rome!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#678956 Dec 18, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way - nice dodge on your claim that Helen Keller "heard and saw" the evidence of god.
LOL
Next!
just like a good catholic boy - siding against the true Body Christ to gain power in the world!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#678957 Dec 18, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Erupting volcanoes are proof of erupting volcanoes.
You have no proof your hell exists.
well we don't hafta call it "hell"; we can call it fire and brimstone, lava or valcano stuff if you prefer but it do come from somewhere within the earth....

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#678958 Dec 18, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
When did you become Protestant?
It's hard to believe you haven't even seen a preview of Hobbit 2.

Do you like the LOTR movies?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#678959 Dec 18, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
You demonstrate a lack of proof.
You don't have any.
It's a fact.
Correct.

A fact I've told you repeatedly.

You you still PTAG me like we've never had this discussion.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#678960 Dec 18, 2013
timn17 wrote:
Your assertion that you like nacho cheese is well enough. You see, we live in a world where we know that nacho cheese exists, and we know that people have preferences for certain things, so your claim can be taken at face value as it is rather ordinary. You are attempting to compare this scenario to the god\evidence debate, and it doesn't work. Your preference for nacho cheese needn't have a high threshold as far as evidence and proof are concerned, as opposed to the god question, which necessitates an incredibly high standard of proof. To put it another way, your nacho cheese claim would be subject to the "preponderance of evidence" threshold in court (at most), and the god claim would be subject to "proof beyond a reasonable doubt" (at the very least).
Hold on there, pardner. Not everyone knows nacho cheese exists. If you were talking to one of them, it's likely they'd doubt you like you like nacho cheese.

We live in a world where some of us know nacho cheese exists.

We live in a world where some of us know God exists.

The hypothetical isn't about the existence of nacho cheese, just my enjoyment of it. That is a fact I CANNOT prove to you.

By Hukt's logic, since I can't prove my liking of nacho cheese, I must not like it.

I can't prove it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#678961 Dec 18, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
That would have been the time when Paul fell on his - sorry, OFF his ass on the road to Damascus.
Now tell me, was anyone with him, or was he alone? And if there were any witnesses, did they hear anything, or see something ?
That's called hitting one's head.
Thanks for sharing your opinion.

My opinion is that he conversed with God.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#678962 Dec 18, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
Which god?
God.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#678963 Dec 18, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And it is your opinion that a god exists outside of peoples' minds.
It is also your opinion that people have evidence.
Why?
Because I have personally experienced God's power.

I know He is real.

That is my evidence, my anecdote.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#678964 Dec 18, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
prove that there's a carl sagan!
What Carl Sagan?

Why is it my burden to provide proof of Carl Sagan?

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#678965 Dec 18, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe Earth's horizon will dip past my eye-to-Sol line-of-sight in the morning.
At that time, weather permitting, and if I'm alive, I believe I'll see the sun.
Got no proof I'll see it.
Have reasons to believe I'll see it. They range from mundanely practical to extremely dependent upon a catastrophe unlike anything ever experienced or during human existence happening in the vicinity of this planet and it's solar system.(and occurring during a time-frame that renders the proposal as absurdly unrealistic and whimsical).
Have virtually every reason to believe I will see the sun in the morning... and virtually no reason to believe I won't.
It's a comforting belief (as if that matters).
That's good enough for me.
Your line of sight view of the sun will be an illusion. It will be about 2 degrees higher in the sky than what you think you see. It sneaked up on you and left an illusion.

Your thinking is based upon illusions.

Everything you see or hear is after the fact. Your thinking is even slower than that as it processes that which you thought you saw or heard.

That's a scientific fact.

Don't be so sure about things, Hukt. Life is based upon assumptions of what you think you heard or saw. You could have missed something while you were "thinking".

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#678966 Dec 18, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
well we don't hafta call it "hell"; we can call it fire and brimstone, lava or valcano stuff if you prefer but it do come from somewhere within the earth....
Now you're just being naive... or pretending to be, at the very least.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#678967 Dec 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to believe you haven't even seen a preview of Hobbit 2.
Do you like the LOTR movies?
No TV.

Well, got a TV... no cable or satellite service.

My TV is used as a monitor.

Yes, I do enjoy LOTR.

When did you become Protestant? And Why?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#678968 Dec 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
A fact I've told you repeatedly.
You you still PTAG me like we've never had this discussion.
Actually, RR, about your lack of god proof...

It's a fact YOU'VE been told of repeatedly... and despite my best efforts, you continue begging the question.

You can't wiggle out of it. Don't even try.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#678969 Dec 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your line of sight view of the sun will be an illusion. It will be about 2 degrees higher in the sky than what you think you see. It sneaked up on you and left an illusion.
So what?
Your thinking is based upon illusions.
Really? What's your thinking based on?
Everything you see or hear is after the fact. Your thinking is even slower than that as it processes that which you thought you saw or heard. That's a scientific fact.
I'm well aware of that, Dave.

So what?
Don't be so sure about things, Hukt. Life is based upon assumptions of what you think you heard or saw. You could have missed something while you were "thinking".
The sun's up, Dave.

Enjoy it while it last. Tonight, we're gonna have to convince ourselves we'll see it gain tomorrow morning.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#678970 Dec 18, 2013
darksoul wrote:
<quoted text> no i got her, her point was that thru her studies or understandn that she has not found any evidence of GOD, therefore she does not believe, she mentioned 2 or 3 times about her "piece of paper" like it made her some kinda authority about it, true, i'm not well learned n the book's but life experiences and situtations are a great classroom also that u can't get from book's, altho i have read alot book's on religion, spirituality, mythology and just stuff like that, i just don't have the "piece of paper" but even if i did, it wouldn't mean nuttn, there's also reason to assign it to supernatural experience simply because, we don't know! every1 has their theory on how it can/can't be! i don't think it can be proved either way really, it is something of faith and belief, either he is, or he isn't! my ignorance keep's me open minded enuff to not dismiss any thought of GOD or not of GOD! like i said before science explain's the machine and how it work's but nuthn of the builder because they don't know!! science can study a rock and say it came from wherever and been here this long but they can't tell u who thru it, well u get i mean i guess! i am just on a personnal journey of discovery! peace!
My belief or otherwise in god was not really discussed, I did however state some facts including that there is no evidence of god, and no evidence that cro-magnon man worshipped gods.

Actually you started the dising a piece of paper BS, I simply carried on with your allusions. I also mentioned that none of my pieces of paper were in any way related to my hobby. What did you do? Dised my qualifications without even knowing what they were.

I also said right at the start that it was a hobby. I have never said I was an authority on the cro magnon period, you made that assumption based on what you believe, not on what I said. The fact that the knowledge I imparted did not gel with what you have heard on television is not my problem.

It seems that knowledge in a subject intimidates you and knowledge that contradicts you favourite cable TV documentaries really screws with your mind.

Io Saturnalia

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#678971 Dec 18, 2013

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#678972 Dec 18, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
No TV.
Well, got a TV... no cable or satellite service.
My TV is used as a monitor.
Yes, I do enjoy LOTR.
When did you become Protestant? And Why?
I don't know that I ever "became" Protestant.

I've never paid too much attention to denominations.

Hope that answers your question, that's all I got.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#678973 Dec 18, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, RR, about your lack of god proof...
It's a fact YOU'VE been told of repeatedly... and despite my best efforts, you continue begging the question.
You can't wiggle out of it. Don't even try.
What am I trying to wiggle out of?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keystone pipeline wins Senate vote in victory f... 3 min eyeful 33
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Concerned in Brasil 568,661
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 39 min cheer the f up 120,778
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 41 min WasteWater 267,613
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 54 min Student 39,400
Newest Android Phones 54 min jack webber 1
Best Smartphone For Business 55 min jack webber 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr The Truth from S... 607,256
Scientific proof for God's existence 7 hr let your brother rip 647
More from around the web