“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#678968 Dec 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
A fact I've told you repeatedly.
You you still PTAG me like we've never had this discussion.
Actually, RR, about your lack of god proof...

It's a fact YOU'VE been told of repeatedly... and despite my best efforts, you continue begging the question.

You can't wiggle out of it. Don't even try.

When did you become Protestant?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#678969 Dec 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your line of sight view of the sun will be an illusion. It will be about 2 degrees higher in the sky than what you think you see. It sneaked up on you and left an illusion.
So what?
Your thinking is based upon illusions.
Really? What's your thinking based on?
Everything you see or hear is after the fact. Your thinking is even slower than that as it processes that which you thought you saw or heard. That's a scientific fact.
I'm well aware of that, Dave.

So what?
Don't be so sure about things, Hukt. Life is based upon assumptions of what you think you heard or saw. You could have missed something while you were "thinking".
The sun's up, Dave.

Enjoy it while it last. Tonight, we're gonna have to convince ourselves we'll see it gain tomorrow morning.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#678970 Dec 18, 2013
darksoul wrote:
<quoted text> no i got her, her point was that thru her studies or understandn that she has not found any evidence of GOD, therefore she does not believe, she mentioned 2 or 3 times about her "piece of paper" like it made her some kinda authority about it, true, i'm not well learned n the book's but life experiences and situtations are a great classroom also that u can't get from book's, altho i have read alot book's on religion, spirituality, mythology and just stuff like that, i just don't have the "piece of paper" but even if i did, it wouldn't mean nuttn, there's also reason to assign it to supernatural experience simply because, we don't know! every1 has their theory on how it can/can't be! i don't think it can be proved either way really, it is something of faith and belief, either he is, or he isn't! my ignorance keep's me open minded enuff to not dismiss any thought of GOD or not of GOD! like i said before science explain's the machine and how it work's but nuthn of the builder because they don't know!! science can study a rock and say it came from wherever and been here this long but they can't tell u who thru it, well u get i mean i guess! i am just on a personnal journey of discovery! peace!
My belief or otherwise in god was not really discussed, I did however state some facts including that there is no evidence of god, and no evidence that cro-magnon man worshipped gods.

Actually you started the dising a piece of paper BS, I simply carried on with your allusions. I also mentioned that none of my pieces of paper were in any way related to my hobby. What did you do? Dised my qualifications without even knowing what they were.

I also said right at the start that it was a hobby. I have never said I was an authority on the cro magnon period, you made that assumption based on what you believe, not on what I said. The fact that the knowledge I imparted did not gel with what you have heard on television is not my problem.

It seems that knowledge in a subject intimidates you and knowledge that contradicts you favourite cable TV documentaries really screws with your mind.

Io Saturnalia

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#678971 Dec 18, 2013

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#678972 Dec 18, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
No TV.
Well, got a TV... no cable or satellite service.
My TV is used as a monitor.
Yes, I do enjoy LOTR.
When did you become Protestant? And Why?
I don't know that I ever "became" Protestant.

I've never paid too much attention to denominations.

Hope that answers your question, that's all I got.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#678973 Dec 18, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, RR, about your lack of god proof...
It's a fact YOU'VE been told of repeatedly... and despite my best efforts, you continue begging the question.
You can't wiggle out of it. Don't even try.
When did you become Protestant?
What am I trying to wiggle out of?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#678974 Dec 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know that I ever "became" Protestant.
I've never paid too much attention to denominations.
Hope that answers your question, that's all I got.
If you were born Catholic, and are now Protestant... well, somewhere along the way, you became Protestant.

Did you become Protestant before or after learning what a Protestant is from a non-believer here on Topix?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#678975 Dec 18, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
My mother said that the Loch Ness locals encouraged the story of the monster, so that more tourists would come to their area. Canny Scots.
:-)
Of course they do!

I grew up in the West of Ireland. We used to invent ancient legends and folklore and ghosty stories at the drop of a hat. For the tourists. It's an ancient and honourable tradition.

The Borderland of Sol

#678976 Dec 18, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he hit his head on a rock? Then he would have been stoned off his ass.
*helpless laughter*

The Borderland of Sol

#678977 Dec 18, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard this same thing several times over the last few years, books of historical and scientific interest especially seem to have a limited market.
I have quite a few books with the sentence “Not for sale in the USA or Canada” on the cover
*sourly*

So have I.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#678978 Dec 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What am I trying to wiggle out of?
The fact that you are only recently (a day or two) saying that you lack proof of your god (only once or twice so far) and are still being timid and demure about it. I'm not sure the few times you have weren't simply slip-ups. Either way, you still constantly beg questions with your assertions.

Ever since you showed up, from day one, you've CLAIMED TO HAVE PROOF of your god... and I've challenged you to provide it.

You can't just pretend that hasn't been the general ongoing theme of our relationship here on this thread... and expect me to pretend too.

Westcliffe, CO

#678979 Dec 18, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
<quoted text>
Really? What's your thinking based on?
<quoted text>
I'm well aware of that, Dave.
So what?
<quoted text>
The sun's up, Dave.
Enjoy it while it last. Tonight, we're gonna have to convince ourselves we'll see it gain tomorrow morning.
I know you fancy yourself scientifically and technologically hip. You can probably even read schematics.

Yet you don't seem to apply those same transfers of force and energies to yourself.

It's just a big so what. You accept living in the past and planning on it for anything you do in the future. Oh, and their ain't no intelligent force behind this machine you are a part of. Just yours living in this circuitry.

You made yourself an independent bubble in this maelstrom of existence. You will be happy with it until it gets burst, and enjoy ridiculing those that believe in a higher force until then. You will just go poof.

Bubbles leave residue of that which was. Just not as what you call coherent as it was. It isn't going to float along as "one", just fragments of its former self.

This speed of light and time delay of energy transfers that we are constructed of should should readily ring a bell in a sharp technician re the material mind and thinking of it. It is slave to the forces impacting it. The material mind would be totally incapable of second guessing the origin of those forces, or to even anticipate what will cone next, unless there was a cyclic pattern to events that it could learn to anticipate. That is just hard physics. Timing and processing. How we create machines.

You are sharp. You understand Ohm and Kirchoff and the properties of EM. Make a schematic of your material self, Hukt, then figure how accurate your current assessment of "reality" is. Try to leave the "emotional" component out of it.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#678980 Dec 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you fancy yourself scientifically and technologically hip. You can probably even read schematics.
Yet you don't seem to apply those same transfers of force and energies to yourself.
It's just a big so what. You accept living in the past and planning on it for anything you do in the future. Oh, and their ain't no intelligent force behind this machine you are a part of. Just yours living in this circuitry.
You made yourself an independent bubble in this maelstrom of existence. You will be happy with it until it gets burst, and enjoy ridiculing those that believe in a higher force until then. You will just go poof.
Bubbles leave residue of that which was. Just not as what you call coherent as it was. It isn't going to float along as "one", just fragments of its former self.
This speed of light and time delay of energy transfers that we are constructed of should should readily ring a bell in a sharp technician re the material mind and thinking of it. It is slave to the forces impacting it. The material mind would be totally incapable of second guessing the origin of those forces, or to even anticipate what will cone next, unless there was a cyclic pattern to events that it could learn to anticipate. That is just hard physics. Timing and processing. How we create machines.
You are sharp. You understand Ohm and Kirchoff and the properties of EM. Make a schematic of your material self, Hukt, then figure how accurate your current assessment of "reality" is. Try to leave the "emotional" component out of it.
Okee dokee, Dave!

I'm an emotional train wreck, I know.

I'm trying.

Prove there's a god.

Westcliffe, CO

#678981 Dec 18, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Okee dokee, Dave!
I'm an emotional train wreck, I know.
I'm trying.
Prove there's a god.

You are a techie, figure how the switch could have been thrown powering this puppy up.

Get past the "it just happened".

Bipolarity of the universe, son. It's everywhere.

Even the BB created a bipolarity, the creation of an energy flow and a return path. Light and gravity transverse space, you know. They "flow" across it, so to speak.

You are more empty space than material energy, after all.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#678982 Dec 18, 2013
Dave...

This post isn't intended to rile you... just questions...

Were you ever a Christian?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#678983 Dec 18, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
What Carl Sagan?
Why is it my burden to provide proof of Carl Sagan?
i don't know...cuz he's famous for being a gaytheist???

why should i prove God to you when you could prove Him just as well to me?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#678984 Dec 18, 2013
If so, why aren't you Christian anymore?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#678985 Dec 18, 2013
If not, why not?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#678986 Dec 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a techie, figure how the switch could have been thrown powering this puppy up.
Get past the "it just happened".
Bipolarity of the universe, son. It's everywhere.
Even the BB created a bipolarity, the creation of an energy flow and a return path. Light and gravity transverse space, you know. They "flow" across it, so to speak.
You are more empty space than material energy, after all.
What switch?

The Borderland of Sol

#678987 Dec 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing your opinion.
My opinion is that he conversed with God.
That requires that you make a couple of assumptions in your premise - that God exists, and that he talks to people.

Apparently, only very SPECIAL people.

Are you Special?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 9 min Seentheotherside 457
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min Scaritual 87,943
Renzenberger : STEALING MILLIONS from their dri... (Feb '15) 39 min rocko 44
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 284,496
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Gods r Delusions ... 665,168
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Peace_Warrior 619,170
isibumbu esimnandi (Feb '15) 2 hr Allstylz 12
The Future of Politics in America 21 hr Insults Are Easier 176
More from around the web