I'm
Not wearing a uniform...
Condom?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#678074 Dec 9, 2013
AustinY wrote:
There is rarely Physical truth. The truth is spiritual, a feeling, a freeness that only God can offer.
Since there is no such thing as God it is unlikely God can offer anything.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#678075 Dec 9, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I saved the post where you admitted beating your kids. Because I thought you would pull this kind of stunt. I don't know about your wife, have you stopped beating her?
If you saved the post then post it.

I'm calling your bluff.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#678076 Dec 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are locked into a Skydaddy sitting on a throne and looking down.

No I am not. First off, I don't think there is some "SkyDaddy" even on a throne, let alone know things like you - specific details of some unknown entity.

You are projecting again.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>A totally separated entity from its creations.

This part of your post - IMO - is true. Your "God" has no control over this world.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>It has to move its finger to make something move here. What very primitive thinking in this day and age.
Then show me other legitimate "movements" your "God" did. Please be sure to back them up with a link to the evidence and support for your claim.

Otherwise, your speak is only bullshite, and not much more.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>You sit there blindly accepting dark energy, dark matter, virtual particles as invisible forces at work in this universe that are part of and what created your magnificent self. Yet there is not the slightest possibility of some intelligent design involved in those hidden forces.
No - I sit here on this planet watching all of those things be spoken of, talked about, and being attempted to duplicate.

And yes - there is intelligence behind these efforts, you just don't want to acknowledge them. That Dave - is a choice you made.

Self.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>You just go ahead and do what you think you want to do because you are here.
Okay I will. Thanks for giving me your approval. I feel so refreshed and excited now that you have.

Damn this free will stuf is AWESOME!! Do you feel it too?
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Get some Loctite thread locker, have those loose screws in your head tightened up, and then go back and read up on your physics and how things are put together and work.
I'm sorry.....but it appears you think that my body has some sort of metal hardware involved. Nope - wrong again. Your analogy of my mind again, seems to be a projection of yourself.

I have no loose screws not anything "loose". You do have an odd sense of reality, if you think things like this.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>"Self" was created, most definitely on the material end of it. It is within a closed system where a push and pull have to exist before you can do a damned thing.
Untrue. I can do something without an outside interaction - required or not required.

Self was created, by learning and understanding the many facets of life. Internally - we contemplate those aspects of our being - good and bad. Externally - we commit those aspects to actions (verbally or physically, which in turn, is a direct response from something we thought of or chose to do.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#678078 Dec 9, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
Like there was only one! You Christians have 233 Gods, who are you kidding.
God is a version/translation of the Bible.
Reverend Alan wrote:
You Christians have 233 Gods
This right here is why you can't debate.

You're retarded.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#678079 Dec 9, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
Atheists are the true and real Americans.
You forgot the TradeMark logo....

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#678080 Dec 9, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am not. First off, I don't think there is some "SkyDaddy" even on a throne, let alone know things like you - specific details of some unknown entity.
You are projecting again.
<quoted text>
This part of your post - IMO - is true. Your "God" has no control over this world.
<quoted text>
Then show me other legitimate "movements" your "God" did. Please be sure to back them up with a link to the evidence and support for your claim.
Otherwise, your speak is only bullshite, and not much more.
<quoted text>
No - I sit here on this planet watching all of those things be spoken of, talked about, and being attempted to duplicate.
And yes - there is intelligence behind these efforts, you just don't want to acknowledge them. That Dave - is a choice you made.
Self.
<quoted text>
Okay I will. Thanks for giving me your approval. I feel so refreshed and excited now that you have.
Damn this free will stuf is AWESOME!! Do you feel it too?
<quoted text>
I'm sorry.....but it appears you think that my body has some sort of metal hardware involved. Nope - wrong again. Your analogy of my mind again, seems to be a projection of yourself.
I have no loose screws not anything "loose". You do have an odd sense of reality, if you think things like this.
<quoted text>
Untrue. I can do something without an outside interaction - required or not required.
Self was created, by learning and understanding the many facets of life. Internally - we contemplate those aspects of our being - good and bad. Externally - we commit those aspects to actions (verbally or physically, which in turn, is a direct response from something we thought of or chose to do.
Amusing.

Look at your fingernail, guru.

According to the BBT ALL of the universe was packed into something that size. That includes the "space" in the universe.

I betcha your "Self" was pretty damned cramped in there and kinda limited on its doing what it felt like doing.

That's hardcore physics, spiritual leader.

Looks like something gave you some space to breathe, eh?

Just imagine, everything you see and you know, including this planet, solar system, trillions of galaxies, and the path to them fit on your fingernail.

Are you God?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#678082 Dec 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
One of your finest posts ever.
Aren't you sweet...

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#678083 Dec 9, 2013
darksoul wrote:
<quoted text>don't u think all the bickering gives some revelence to the existence of some form of a higher power?
If there was a God, we'd all be in agreement about what it wanted and how we should behave. There would be no war. There would be no petty bickering; we'd all be helping one another do the right thing.

Christians had to invent free will to explain why there is antisocial behaviour or what you call sin, and the 33,000 different, opposed to one another, Christian sects. But church inventions are just that, inventions having nothing to do with biblical teachings.

Christians can not even get along with each other so how does that prove there is a God?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#678084 Dec 9, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what a hypocritical, unkind and immoral of a thing for you to say!:-(
pot/kettle

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#678086 Dec 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Yet there is not the slightest possibility of some intelligent design involved in those hidden forces.
Dave, if you have some evidence to support intelligent design please share it with us.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#678087 Dec 9, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
To the contrary....all the petty bickering leads to only one conclusion--there is NO God.
A real honest to goodness God would leave no doubt as to his existence and dominion over earth. ALL the evidence would lead to only one end.
Sadly for you and all the theists in the world, the real honest evidence leads us to believe that your Christian "God" is merely an illusion....a con game on the human race.
Nicely said and exactly right. How can there be a God when Christians kill each other for believing differently from each other about it?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#678088 Dec 9, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
If there was a God, we'd all be in agreement about what it wanted and how we should behave.
Why would you assume that?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#678090 Dec 9, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what if i could tell you how you can be assured that even tho you're not living your life according to God's perfection, God will accept you as tho you are?
Finally a Christian admits that God accepted Hitler just the way he was.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#678091 Dec 9, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i TOTALLY understand that we need to be guarded against opening ourselves to anyone on the internet who claims to know some of the deep things in God's Word, but you are welcome to ask me to see if it strikes a chord w/u and reject it if it doesn't:-)
the answer to the question of why God forsake Jesus on the cross is one of those revelational truths designed to set us free:
"and you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free!" Jesus
blah blah blah.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#678092 Dec 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you saved the post then post it.
I'm calling your bluff.
Whoa, hold on there Mr. Grumpy. I asked you for several things you have yet to deliver on.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#678093 Dec 9, 2013
The Ugly American wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids need spanking, makes them better adults.
Are you implying parents who discipline their children through spanking also practice domestic violence, communist?
I imply nothing! I quote the Bible:

Punishment of children is one thing; child abuse is another. And, unfortunately, many biblical verses can be easily used to justify the former by means of the latter:
Prov. 23:13-14 ("Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell"),
Prov. 22:15 RSV ("Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline drives it far from him"),
Prov. 20:30 RSV ("Blows that wound cleanse away evil; strokes make clean the innermost parts"),
Prov. 13:24 RSV ("He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him"),
Prov. 19:19 ("Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying"),
Prov. 29:15 ("Thy rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother"),
Prov. 26:3 ("A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back <children are often foolish>"), and
Deut. 21:18-21 ("If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son, who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they chastise him, will not give heed to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city...and they shall say to the elders of his city,'This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard. Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones; so you shall purge the evil from the midst").

And, then, there are those verses which demean and degrade children by looking upon them as little more than beings to be punished for the misdeeds of others:
Ex. 20:5 ("I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me"),
Lev. 26:22 ("I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children...."),
Hosea 13:16 ("Samaria shall become desolate: for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword; their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up"), and
Isa. 13:16-18 ("Their infants will be dashed in pieces before their eyes; their houses will be plundered and their wives ravished.... Their bows will slaughter the young men; they will have no mercy on the first of the womb; their eyes will not pity children").

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#678094 Dec 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
This right here is why you can't debate.
You're retarded.
You are trying to find a distinction where none exists. You know your God is really your Bible and that is all God is; a bunch of silly stories you do not understand. And you know there are 233 Bibles in English because I told you there are.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#678095 Dec 9, 2013
darksoul wrote:
<quoted text>really? but if there was no doubt to his existence then this bickering and free will to choose between believing or not would not exist! that would be like him demanding our love! what kinda world would that be? we'd all be robot's! i think when u look around at the different personalites of people and all the wildlife is a pretty good arguement n itself about the existence of something higher than us! he supposly loves us enuff that he gives us the choice to love and worship him or not! i think alotta the religion's have turned it into a "con game" a money making scheme to profit for themselves and have forgotten the true msg of what was/is ment by the BIBLE and teaching's of JESUS! the truth is out there and the debate will go on as it has for thousand's of yrs. peace!
Tell me if anyone has seen God's face and lived.

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Versus

Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#678096 Dec 9, 2013
darksoul wrote:
<quoted text> and not hiding our tear's from him and so on,...
The ears and eyes of God are in everyplace, how do you hide your tears from a being that is alleged to be everywhere?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min USA Born 582,897
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 27 min James 442,487
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 33 min isfahan 3,005
pound your pud and release your seed for Emma W... 41 min Someone 3
ac compressor diagnose 53 min lightbeamrider 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 54 min Freebird USA 176,373
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 1 hr lightbeamrider 70,128
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 98,832
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Senecus 611,755
More from around the web