Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#677358 Dec 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't the point and you know it.
You readily accept what historians and scholars say about Plato, Socrates, Julius Caesar, Alexander the Great, etc.
Then you deny them when it come to 'the Jesus!'.
That's hypocritical and biased, plain and simple.
There is one huge difference, and you are either missing it because you are being dishonest or because you are so dedicated to your cause that you are capable of easily deceiving yourself.

Jesus is claimed to be a god. None of those other men are. An entire religion does not depend on the life of plato. The alleged salvation of billions of souls does not depend on socrates. None of these other men would have had the capability to make their existence known to history with a snap of their fingers. I can easily think of many reasons why the jesus character might have been manufactured, intentionally or unintentionally. There is no way to differentiate your jesus from other psuedo historical god-men. In short, when we are dealing with such an extraordinary claim, we require extraordinary proof.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#677359 Dec 5, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The two "states" are inseparable. Christianity ties both to the same story, and asserts that the Jesus was a "man-god".
If you simply want to argue that the Jesus! existed and leave off any of the "god" claims, then it's still a hearsay story, much like Plato, just based upon the terms and evidences used within historical "verification". Both are tenuous at best.
Here's the thing.
Nobody claims that anyone who doubts Plato's existence is looking for an excuse to live an immoral life, "avoid" morality or be avoid being responsible for the choices they make.
Nobody is saying that Plato died for anyone's sins and that everyone who thinks differently is going to burn in hell, forever.
Someone that thinks Plato never lived might be considered odd, but he is not considered unrighteous, or damned.
Yet, many if not most of the Jesus! believers will claim at least one of those to be true if you say you doubt the Jesus existed(either as a "god" or a man).
Christianity does that.
It certainly does and there is a vast difference between religion and philosophy.

I like this thread, it's like reason balm.

Hi Scar :D

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#677360 Dec 5, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't "pick n choose" historical "facts", and only give them the relevance they warrant, as pointed out in an earlier post and in previous posts.
It could be discovered that all of Plato's works were actually written by a scribe named "Earl" and it wouldn't bother me in the least.
Hey! I like Earl :p

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#677361 Dec 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You readily accept what historians and scholars say about Plato, Socrates, Julius Caesar, Alexander the Great, etc.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#677362 Dec 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*See previous post above*
YTube

Marietta, GA

#677363 Dec 5, 2013

coming Great & TERRIBLE Day of the Lord ---

http://youtu.be/s0aOSffFVYM

“CHRISTIANITYIS AMENTAL DISEASE”

Since: May 10

"---TOO BAD IT'S NOT FATAL"

#677364 Dec 5, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
You are using the bible as evidence in favor of itself. That dog doesn't hunt.
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I was quoting the Talmud which is not the Bible Kait. The Talmud agrees with many things that were written in the Bible, but it describes it from a different perspective than the Bible. It was written in and about the time of Jesus but does not describe him the way we do today.
They describe him as a Rabbi with false teachings etc etc which is why Christians don't use the Talmud as proof of his existance.
I choose to use the Talmud because if Jesus did not exist at that time or actually did what the Bible stated, it (the Talmud) would have emphatically said so. Instead it speaks of a Rabbi that disagrees with the teachings of Jewish law. It speaks of his disciples and that he was hung by the Romans for false teachings.
It is an outside source that confirms his existance albeit from other perspectives that vehemently disagreed with his teachings.
Unless I am greatly mistaken, the Talmud is the Old Testament, yes? That's the bible. The bible cannot be used as proof of the bible's inerrancy.

Plus, the way the bible has been written and rewritten over the centuries, all kinds of extra stuff has been added to it or subracted from it in order to make the OT look "prophetic," when in reality it's just interpolation.

#677365 Dec 5, 2013
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text> There's no winter solstice down here at this time of year.
You think like a flat earth man thinks.
Did I say anything about a location?

Are you attempting to deny that winter days are short and summer days are long, no matter where one lives?

You didn't think this out very well, did you?

Bugger off.

#677366 Dec 5, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Submit or BURN!
Such a loving, caring religion….
<quoted text>
You believe the stupidest things.
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
" You believe the stupidest things."
You believe you are a witch.
Just saying.
I don't believe I'm a witch, I *know* I'm a witch. Your problem is, you don't know what witchcraft is. And if I were to explain it to you, you would deny it and redefine it for your own purposes.

Bugger off.

#677367 Dec 5, 2013
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text> "I don't know a thing about it; therefore, l have no opinion on "dark matter." "
Really?
Wow, just wow. Thanks for that. I suggest you start learning, and real fast, but then again, it is not something you can learn, it is more about experiencing .
Good luck with that.
If it cannot be learned, why do you suggest I learn about it?

The concept of "dark matter" does not affect my life, so I have no real interest in it.

You're not real big on thinking things through, are you?

#677368 Dec 5, 2013
Observable evidence obtained via the Hubbel Telescope shows that all galaxies are moving outward from a central point.
Deal with it.
<quoted text>
Their effects are observed.
<quoted text>
I don't know a thing about it; therefore, I have no opinion on "dark matter."
<quoted text>
Are you saying you are unfamiliar with the concept of recurring dreams?
<quoted text>
Are you claiming a belief in psychic phenomena? Isn't that forbidden by your religion?
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>. "Observable evidence obtained via the Hubble Telescope shows that all galaxies are moving outward from a central point"
So, is this your evidence for the big bang theory?
If so , than why is the Universe still expanding ? It should of stopped expanding long ago it should of started to collapse back into itself, but guess what ? She keeps on expanding.
Why do you think that is ?
You won't get an answer if you rely on the big bang theory, but there is an obvious answer to this question.
Inertia operating within a vacuum; look it up.

#677369 Dec 5, 2013
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize that "black holes" are really donut shaped, they are more like a torus.
The actual "hole" is the zero point for standing waves of energy, it is where everything and nothing is happening at the same time.
It is the alpha and omega.
Yeah, right. Whatever....

#677370 Dec 5, 2013
Gerald wrote:
prove theres not a >>>GOD<<<
Prove there are no >>>LEPRECHAUNS.< <<

#677371 Dec 5, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, no Christ/Redemption (whatever that is supposed to mean) for anyone…so my happiness level is really the same as before...
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
as much as i hate disapointing haters(;-), there IS salvation for those who simply receive the testimony of Jesus the Christ.
therefore, you're gonna hafta bear your misery all by your lonesome....
Is that why you steal from your boss, cheat on your wife, lie to people here, and just all-round refuse to practice what you preach?

#677372 Dec 5, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't even know what you are trying to say in your first paragraph....sounds kinda' wacky to me.
Regarding Jesus and the LIGHT....you're hallucinating.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
because you assume i'm hallucinating, you'll NEVER understand those who've been born of the spirit because we're literally a different species
Unlike you, we're human. You're hallucinating.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>and talk a different language than you
You're babbling.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>and this is why you're kind cannot tolerate our kind; i.e., humankind are either cains or their abels:)
You're ranting, and you're barely semi-literate. Your spelling sucks, you consistently use the wrong form of "your" and "they're," and you're a bloody wanker idiot.

"I don't need no education; I got jesus!" ~ waaasssuuup ~

#677373 Dec 5, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
sure...yeah...i guess. you actually don't hafta to do anything if you don't want to and just continue to believe everything 'they say'.....
That is exactly what you do.

#677374 Dec 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Neither have you; there is no such redeemer.
Spiritually speaking, you are ugly as as a mule's ass.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
kait kait kait....don't be jealous, just come on over:)
Are you related to Jim Jones? Just wondering...

#677375 Dec 5, 2013
<quoted text>
HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!!
Says you, whom I've busted as a fake and a fraud and a fucking lying hypocrite over a million times!
I hope you and nanoanalboy will be happy togehter sucking each other's dicks.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
just out of curiosity (and assuming nano was male)- what's the diff between nano and i going at it and you and steph???
hypocrites say the darndest things!:)
I'm not the one who says that homosexuality is a sin, hypocrite; *YOU* are.

#677376 Dec 5, 2013
You don't get to define soul; you are a christard idiot.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i did a pretty good job at defining 'soul' tho didn't i?
you'll pick it up and use it yourself after a cpl months - you always do;-)
I was posting to RR, not you. And you have never defined "soul." You can't.

#677377 Dec 5, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
kait ='5-7", 110lbs, 32-24-? brown eyed brunette....mmmmmm;)
Yup, that's all you have to say in response to:

So who is the hypocrite here?
<quoted text>
When at work, on your boss's time, using his computer, letting him pay for the electricity...
"Thou shalt not steal." "God."
"I can steal like a sonofabitch, I'm a perfect christian and I'm forgiven!" Waaasssuuup
<quoted text>
Translation: "I'm not going to address what she said, because she's always right and I hate her for it."
I never claimed to be perfect. And no, I don't need your mythical christ and your book of lies.

And you got my measurements wrong. What a surprise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 5 min ChristineM 1,960
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 min Burke Devlin 6,421
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 599,507
News Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 12 min Burke Devlin 151
Is Obama Really Black? (Jul '09) 19 min Burke Devlin 33
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 29 min rohit 447
Rajkot gay Topix 30 min sam 195
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Great Day of Arma... 612,898
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 272,404
More from around the web