Prove there's a god.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#677579 Dec 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is my understanding those Gnostic texts were just collections of sayings of Jesus and interpretations of what he said. They were part of the early disparate views of evidently something that happened with a figure known as Jesus. They weren't the real deal, but what some followers interpreted as the real deal. There was as much different schools of religious thought then as now. There were meldings and spins put on to suit.
There were evidently many sects that sprang to life with differing views. That should put to rest that such a figure didn't exist. Too much commotion for a something not to have happened.
The New Testament of today appears to be a sincere effort to maintain as much accuracy and reliable accounts as possible as far as the event that happened. It is very Pauline, but Paul claims to have met Jesus, and he was involved in the religion very early on.
Too much time and history has passed, and too little survived it to say what is absolute truth. But something did happen.
All you can do is read and pick out that which appeals to you. A scholarly or literal approach is not going to work. Such is pretty much what has been happening for the last 2000 years.
Ah yes....the choices of men always seem to rule. No "God" involved there.

Unless......you can point me in the direction that has "God" specifically stated which texts are of "His inspiration" and which are not.

You seem to know. SO please post the link or citation to this information.

Albuquerque, NM

#677580 Dec 6, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that Jesus had a human spirit and that it transcended to another spiritual world? How many spiritual worlds are there and how do you know?
I don't know. But what has been written does indicate this theory.

"M" Theory or String Theory posits multiple dimensions.

Albuquerque, NM

#677581 Dec 6, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
There are numerous saviors, from different periods, from all over the world, which subscribe to these general characteristics.: why these attributes, why the virgin birth on December 25th, why dead for three days and the inevitable resurrection, why 12 disciples or followers? To find out, let's examine the most recent of the solar messiahs.
<snipped in order to respond>

Maurice Cotterell's book "The Supergods" describes seven different "saviors" that had existed on Earth. Good read and a wonderful look into the Mayan world.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Supergods-They-Miss...

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#677583 Dec 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes....the choices of men always seem to rule. No "God" involved there.
Unless......you can point me in the direction that has "God" specifically stated which texts are of "His inspiration" and which are not.
You seem to know. SO please post the link or citation to this information.
"All you can do is read and pick out that which appeals to you. A scholarly or literal approach is not going to work."

You appear to have missed that.

Do you feel you are unique in some way?

If so, why are you looking for a herdmaster to show you the way? Or tell you what is true?

Do you feel you are heading for the slaughterhouse, or into a new existence?

Find what resonates within you. Let others do the same.

Get past the one size fits all for humanity.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#677584 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but people like you & scar don't believe Jesus was a god of any kind.
So the debate is not whether or not He was a god, but was His existence real?
It's very hypocritical to sit there and say that Plato was real because historians say then turn around and disagree with the same historians about Jesus.
You can't separate jesus the man from jesus the god. I apply a stricter standard of proof to god-men. Jesus may or may not have existed, and plato may or may not have existed, but when evaluating these claims, it doesn't make sense to ignore the most important aspect of the jesus character - his godhood. When considering plato, I do not have to wonder whether or not his existence is propped up by falsifications and interpolations and wishful thinking, because an entire religion does not hinge on his existence. I am not saying that jesus didn't exist, just that the case is not foolproof.

Anyways, all of this is besides the point. The point is that we are willing the entertain the notion that plato did not exist if you are willing to apply the same standard of proof to jesus. And you are not. Why is that? If the case for plato's existence is "bad," then surely the case for jesus's existence is worse - with no extant writings personally ascribed to him, and with no contemporary historians making any mention of his great deeds and revolutionary rhetoric. And again, we can't separate jesus from his godhood, which casts even more doubt on his existence. Couldn't a deity have made himself an inextricable and undeniable part of history? Or does your god like making things so obscure that billions are doomed to hell?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#677588 Dec 7, 2013
darksoul wrote:
<quoted text>i DO NOT think a person who live's their whole lives doing evil will have it that easy, like a baby raper, which there is nuttn lower, i think justice will b carried out! i think there is alot more to it than just rushing thru a dyn breath askn forgiveness! but i'm sure it's a start..
is whole life committing evil
No one cares what you "think".

Location hidden

#677589 Dec 7, 2013
darksoul wrote:
<quoted text>it seem's u have a personnel and mayb some issuses that need to b addressed but that's on u, the constitution gives me the freedom of speech so i don't really need ur permission to give my opinion now did i...
Your lack of comprehension is astounding. Your lack of an ability to write in English is also astounding. English must be your first language because no one could butcher a language more than a native speaker.

Location hidden

#677590 Dec 7, 2013
darksoul wrote:
<quoted text>for 1 it is writtn n the bible, i think they say that he was transparent, which would mean that he had transcended, he asended to heaven, which mean's, taken up! he said to them "as u see me rise up, so shall u see me return"
Anyone who can't spell Bible correctly is not going to tell me about what verses in the Bible mean.

Location hidden

#677591 Dec 7, 2013
darksoul wrote:
<quoted text>for 1 it is writtn n the bible, i think they say that he was transparent, which would mean that he had transcended, he asended to heaven, which mean's, taken up! he said to them "as u see me rise up, so shall u see me return"
Salvation by works, for example, is clearly shown in Matthew 19:16-21, where a man asked Jesus what he must do to have eternal life:

Matt. 19:16-18 "And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me."

Clearly, according to Jesus salvation is obtained by works. Good works, good deeds, following the commandments are all that is necessary. Jesus said nothing about believing in anything. Faith or belief isn't even mentioned. Robert Ingersoll correctly stated:"(In the 19th Chapter of Matthew we find) a child of God is asking God what is necessary for him to do in order to inherit eternal life... Now, if there ever has been an opportunity given to the Almighty to furnish a man of an inquiring mind with the necessary information upon that subject, here was the opportunity...(And yet Jesus) did not say to him: You must believe in me- that I am the only begotten son of the living God. He did not say: You must be born again. He did not say: You must believe in the Bible. He did not say: You must remember the Sabbath, to keep it holy... What right has the church to add conditions of salvation?" What Must We Do To Be Saved?, Ingersoll's Works Vol. 1 p 465.

Incidentally, only five of the Ten Commandments were listed and "Love thy neighbor is not even a commandment. It's actually found in Leviticus 19:18.

Mark 10:17-19 repeats the essential message of Matthew 19:16-18 and also lists a commandment-defraud not that doesn't exist. Again, five of the Ten Commandments were omitted.(See also: Luke 18:18-22, 10:25-28, Acts 10:35 Ezek.18:4-9, James 1:25, 27, 2:21, 25, Romans 2:13, 1 Cor. 7:19, Luke 19:8-9, John 5:28-29, Deut. 10:12, Ecclesiastes 12:13). All the above verses resemble Micah 6:8 which says:

Micah 6:8 "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

All of them state one is saved by good works; none mentions anything associated with belief or faith. Good deeds alone are sufficient.

Location hidden

#677592 Dec 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Who says you have to follow any religion to follow what Jesus taught?
In fact, if you want to know what Jesus taught, or better yet, what the teaching is, you must experience it and make it your own.

What did Jesus teach? What is the whole purpose of the teaching? How do you fit into the teaching? I do not ask because I do not know, I ask because I do know. What do you know about what Jesus taught?

JESUS: Luke 19:27, "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them, bring them here and kill them in front of me."

JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters  yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple."

JESUS: Matt. 10:34, NIV "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

These three verses really piss our resident biblicists off because they do not have a clue what they are all about, so they suffer from their literal unconscious mechanical "understanding".

“Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.”(Luke 17:21)

If the kingdom of God is within us, then why do all Christians stand outside?

Location hidden

#677593 Dec 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh, I'd say about 99% of all Christians.

Location hidden

#677594 Dec 7, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't know. But what has been written does indicate this theory.
"M" Theory or String Theory posits multiple dimensions.
Please quote "what has been written" so I can take a look at what it indicates.

Rocky Ford, CO

#677595 Dec 7, 2013
darksoul wrote:
<quoted text>it is the choice of men chosen by the free will given by GOD!
As I have a tendency to look at things in a designed circuitry fashion, I see that individuality, and free will, as an effect of the separation of components that make the total structure and what it does. People are not individual girders or water molecules, all made the same. They have to be different to make things move. Differences of potential.

That is why there is a different resonance for each.

When you move an arm you have individual components, such as cells, that are guided by applications of energy. There is also resistance to those applied energies. This is what gives structure, motion, and manifestation.

You can't have a monolithic substance get up and do something all on its own.

We are facets of something larger. To maintain this sense of self identity on another plane you have to follow your basic vibes so you will fit in.

Humankind is made of individuals. We are now taught all humans are equal. They are, but they aren't. They are all necessary as the cells that make up an arm, but they all work differently to get that arm to move.

When you study electricity and other flows of mass and energy you get this picture of things just flowing. A simple transfer of here to there to balance things out. But the reality is there are gradients along the way because of that individual breakdown of components. Speaking electrically, you can measure across the circuit and get a total voltage, but when you start measuring from one pole to different locations along the circuit, or across individual or groups of components, you will get a different reading. This is true of measuring pressure of running water or anything else.

Right now, as material thingies, we are not in a good position to measure the whole thing.

Location hidden

#677596 Dec 7, 2013
<quoted text>
<snipped in order to respond>
Maurice Cotterell's book "The Supergods" describes seven different "saviors" that had existed on Earth. Good read and a wonderful look into the Mayan world.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Supergods-They-Miss...
Many of our resident biblicists like to pretend, and insist that we pretend right along with them, that Jesus alone is the savior God. When they see where literally hundreds of earlier myths are virtually identical to their Jesus myth it puts it in the proper perspective; Jesus is the latest version of an ancient myth that has been rewritten over and over again; Jesus is just one of many.

To remain a Christian they have to ignore the overwhelming evidence and continue to live a life of dishonesty, deceitfulness and deceptiveness; all the while complaining and whining that they are not the ones deceived.

"O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived...." (Jer. 20:7).

Rocky Ford, CO

#677597 Dec 7, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I'd say about 99% of all Christians.
Anal, why don't you do us all a favor?

Lick a few more acid papers and take a break for the day.

Put your best robe and sandals on first.

Location hidden

#677598 Dec 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You appear to have missed that.
Do you feel you are unique in some way?
pot/kettle

Rocky Ford, CO

#677600 Dec 7, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
pot/kettle
ding/ling

Location hidden

#677601 Dec 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
why are you looking for a herdmaster to show you the way? Or tell you what is true?
Do you feel you are heading for the slaughterhouse, or into a new existence?
Find what resonates within you. Let others do the same.
Get past the one size fits all for humanity.
There is an ancient saying I heard in Turkey when I lived there for a short while:

"May God kill he who teaches what he does not know."

He is looking Dave because he is honest enough to admit that he doesn't know and needs help like we all do, help from someone who knows not some charlatan like yourself who is divorced from understanding the reality of our existence here on the surface of the planet earth.

There is only one true way Dave, one size does fit all.

You speak from a complete and total ignorance of the operation of the flesh and blood machine you call yourself. Your biggest delusion is that something inside you can make a decision and you can do it. Man can not do. You are also further deluded by the false belief that you are a singularity of perfect harmony while the reality is you are just a stream of little contradictory ego i's each taking their turn speaking as if they were the only one.

Because it appears to you that you are one and this one changes its mind and forgets blah blah blah you live your life as if you were this singularity.

Until you discover the reality and truth about what you are and how you operate you will never be interested in making the repairs necessary to become a real man. You are not a real man you are a Pinocchio.

One of the oldest ideas to survive on the earth today is the idea that one should "know thyself". You do not know yourself and you do not know how to know yourself and indeed you are so unconscious and mechanical that I doubt there is anything in you that is interested in waking up and repairing yourself.

I do not care that you want to live a mechanical unconscious life but to tell others it is acceptable is criminal Dave. While you do not care about yourself please do not try to drag others down with you.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#677603 Dec 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Perfect line for an evolution denier to spring forth out his mullet. lol
You'll have to find that evolution denier you're taking about.

Tell him.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#677605 Dec 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Christianity says that, not me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 min bad bob 184,758
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 9 min bad bob 115
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 28 min Eye no u 445,796
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 39 min PadMark 675,755
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 48 min andet1987 6,231
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 50 min Aura Mytha 110,398
I know there are ladies here who love married men 3 hr Kojak3141 1
More from around the web