Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#677528 Dec 6, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine that....you didn't answer the question.
You believe in a 'God' without evidence....imagine that.
<quoted text>
So, you still don't answer the question.
Typical theist run around.
Atheists DO have beliefs....we believe that there are no gods, and we know that there is no evidence for gods.
Ahem.

"You believe in a 'God' without evidence"

Is a statement, not a question.

You're welcome.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#677529 Dec 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What else do you think aliens should do to Americans?
Mow yards.

Pick strawberries.

Wash cars.

You know, the "hard" labor.
Fatman

Hamilton, Canada

#677531 Dec 6, 2013
Any confirmed sightings of this god in the last 2000 years.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#677534 Dec 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good!
The ultimate spirit guide.
We have discussed that before.
We have discussed it - but it doesn't require one to be a so-called "Christian" to believe this.

Shoot - most of Christianity doesn't even believe half of what Jesus taught - the half that speaks about this transformation.

They are so high on their horse with what certain men chose for them to believe, they choose not to believe this other half.

I starting to think that Jesus did not want anyone to "follow" him, but just listen to him and his theory.

Albuquerque, NM

#677535 Dec 6, 2013
darksoul wrote:
<quoted text>it's not about seeing something that no one else see's, it's about spirituality and bn n touch with one's self and his surrounding's!! karma if u will and it will smack u right n the face!!
If you believe this, then you believe in teh Self.

This is not Christianity, so that would make you a supposed "heretic" in their world - just like me.

Well not really, because I don't believe anyone is a heretic, but only those who use this term to describe others - using arrogance and ignorance.

Welcome to the real world.

“The Topix Legend of "GS8"!”

Since: Sep 10

Manalapan, FL

#677536 Dec 6, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text> mean he is going to force it to happen
Hello Skombolis. I hope all is well with you and yours.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#677537 Dec 6, 2013
darksoul wrote:
<quoted text>that's not pagan my friend, it is the word!!
The bird is the word.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#677538 Dec 6, 2013
darksoul wrote:
<quoted text>jesus had to know there was another spiritual realm to so eagerly go to his own death! the man was definitely n touch with something or someone that most of us will never know or understand!
You mean that guy that forsook him?

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#677539 Dec 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
We have discussed it - but it doesn't require one to be a so-called "Christian" to believe this.
Shoot - most of Christianity doesn't even believe half of what Jesus taught - the half that speaks about this transformation.
They are so high on their horse with what certain men chose for them to believe, they choose not to believe this other half.
I starting to think that Jesus did not want anyone to "follow" him, but just listen to him and his theory.
That was a pretty serious commitment just for an audience.

People corrupt everything. Has to do with the unique perspectives we tend to have.

You see or hear and it clicks with you or not. But you can't see or hear unless it is there. The history of Christianity kept it there for later generations. Absent it and you still have the as*holes that corrupt anything. The book has been edited, which all books have to be, but it is a collection of different perspectives you can sort through yourself. And it has stayed fairly true for a long time.

Most of the Topix atheists here are reacting to the teaching of it, and the hierarchy of those formalized methods. But they make a mistake by rejecting everything just because of those weaknesses of man.

You will get the same abuses, thought control, and hierarchies with anything. Give any new thought, such as human secularism and communism, time and you will get a priesthood develop from it. That is just the way things work.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#677540 Dec 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
The bird is the word.
Verily, verily I say unto you -

Papa-ooma-mow-mow.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#677541 Dec 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Half?

The Gnosis half?

Albuquerque, NM

#677542 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Half?
The Gnosis half?
Does it matter on what label you give it?

It still supposedly came from Jesus, and Christianity supposedly follows what Jesus said.

Those texts are the facts that show they don't.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#677544 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Mow yards.
Pick strawberries.
Wash cars.
You know, the "hard" labor.
Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action.

Goethe

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#677546 Dec 6, 2013
<quoted text>
It still supposedly came from Jesus, and Christianity supposedly follows what Jesus said.
Christianity follows that Jesus is the son of God and God in human form. Christianity also follows Jesus' atonement for sin.

Gnosticism doesn't.

You must understand that Christians don't follow Gnosticism no more that Gnostics follow Christianity.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#677547 Dec 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action.
Goethe
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.

Huxley

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#677549 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
wordofme wrote:
"I believe in the possibility of aliens..."
I responded:
"You believe there are aliens out there, without any evidence."
Where was this elusive "once again" dishonesty?
I used to think you would ask because you wanted to waste my time, but maybe I was wrong and you are asking because your IQ really is this low.

You changed "I believe in the possibility of aliens" to 'there positively are aliens out there when there is no evidence for it.'

Believing that it is possible for aliens to exist is not the same thing as asserting aliens exist. And then you ridiculed him for your misunderstanding; that he believes some things with out evidence while refusing to believe your God claims with out evidence.

Science has no evidence that alien beings exist but it is likely that they do.'Likely that they do' is not saying that definitely they do exist.

I still want you to drink a quart of Drano.

Location hidden

#677550 Dec 6, 2013
Ben Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. John started the vampire and cannibal crap.
Billions of people will believe anything some charismatic lunatic tells them.
Exactly, just look at all the people who believed Bush and his weapons of mass destruction.

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#677551 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Huxley
Perfect line for an evolution denier to spring forth out his mullet. lol

Location hidden

#677554 Dec 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Alan, I am just proving you need some intervention.
Rather, I am aiding you in proving such.
BTW, what color robe do you use out on the street?
You do wear sandals of course?
Bible in hand to show the flock where the errors are? Handy little bugger to thump for emphasis, eh? What with no pulpit. They are heavy to lug around.
Have you ever posted something relevant?

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#677555 Dec 6, 2013
<quoted text>
It is my understanding those Gnostic texts were just collections of sayings of Jesus and interpretations of what he said. They were part of the early disparate views of evidently something that happened with a figure known as Jesus. They weren't the real deal, but what some followers interpreted as the real deal. There was as much different schools of religious thought then as now. There were meldings and spins put on to suit.

There were evidently many sects that sprang to life with differing views. That should put to rest that such a figure didn't exist. Too much commotion for a something not to have happened.

The New Testament of today appears to be a sincere effort to maintain as much accuracy and reliable accounts as possible as far as the event that happened. It is very Pauline, but Paul claims to have met Jesus, and he was involved in the religion very early on.

Too much time and history has passed, and too little survived it to say what is absolute truth. But something did happen.

All you can do is read and pick out that which appeals to you. A scholarly or literal approach is not going to work. Such is pretty much what has been happening for the last 2000 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dirty k,.k 2 min Lick4609 3
Malay Janda Baik Punya (Sep '09) 6 min jom sex 7
Gay Grantham. 9 min Plumz3898 4
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 13 min Gurlee4766 88
Wife's worn panties 16 min Lixy9187 4
Looking for someone GOOD to take my online clas... (Sep '13) 20 min Treat8086 8
why do atheists have to be so stupid! (May '12) 23 min Kisser6414 811
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 70,128
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr marge 658,419
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 2 hr Twizzler4158 4,937
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr BonBon6156 282,874
More from around the web