“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#677288 Dec 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No one ever told me that, either.
Weird.
What is weird RR is you ignoring the clear biblical commands that you claim your God inspired people to write down in the world's most contradictory book for you, er I mean, other people to follow.

What again is the reason you do not have to follow biblical commands?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#677289 Dec 5, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
Honestly Dave, I really don't think you should concern yourself with marijuana and LSD.
The government is pushing medical care as healthcare, but the more prescriptions one takes, the worse one's health becomes, says Dr. Richard Ruhling, retired physician who taught Health Science at Loma Linda University. He became board-certified in internal medicine, but says [legal pharmaceutical] drugs create illness due to Adverse Drug Reactions that make medical care a leading cause of death. Journal of AMA, 4-15-1998.
Adverse Drug Reactions are defnied as from a drug "properly prescribed and administered." It's not an overdose or a bad prescription. It's just the way that patient reacted unexpectedly.
Ruhling says we should expect it: "Drug action always represents artificial interference with the natural functioning of the organism. In the widest sense of the word, every drug is by definition a poison, pharmacology and toxicology are one, and the art of medicine is to use these poisons beneficially." ** Drill's Textbook of Pharmacology in Medicine, Chapter 5: Intimate Study of Drug Action.
"Pharmacology and toxicology are one"? Ruhling says pharmacology evolved from toxicology, as it studied what dose of a chemical would kill half the animals and now we're the animals--it's just not reported in mainstream media--they like drug money for ads!
Marcia Angell, MD, former editor of the New England Journal of Medicine and author of The Truth About the Drug Companies: How They Deceive Us and What to Do About It, decried the drug ads in the media. She told 60 Minutes 10+ years ago that drug companies spend $400 million on congressional re-election campaigns; by now it's a billion? Ruhling says a US senator, confronted with medical literature that drugs are a leading cause of illness and death said, "You're wasting your time. They own us!"
**We might wonder how or why a doctor "might use these poisons beneficially," but if a person's blood pressure is sky-high from eating chittalings (hog intestines), it's better to take a drug to get the blood pressure down than to have a stroke (burst blood vessel in the brain resulting in paralysis).
Nathan Pritikin reported to the American College of Cardiology that 186 of 218 patients got off their drugs for blood pressure with a low fat diet and that a high fat diet makes rouleaux (blood cells become sticky and the heart has to pump harder to circulate the blood).
You've suggested that if God was real, He'd post on Topix....

LSD is not your friend, big guy.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#677290 Dec 5, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
<The Dave Nelson> " hmmm.. I'll claim that atheists use drugs in lieu of any real or substantive argument today..."
How old were you when you started getting drunk or stoned, scar?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#677291 Dec 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Studies have also shown the bacon is healthy for you....
Do you know why the studies done by the bacon industry show bacon is healthy? Do you know why the studies done by vegetarians show that bacon is not healthy?

Is there any independent, objective and impartial source that we can trust to give us the best information?

Bacon can be healthy when the pork is raised in clean healthy conditions where the animals are allowed to roam as they would in the wild and are not shot up with growth stimulants, hormones, antibiotics and all kinds of horrible pharmaceuticals and fed GMO corn and soy, something they would never eat on their own. Then the bacon is subjected to artificial colors and flavor enhancers and other neuro-toxins including excito-toxins.

Bacon from pigs raised on organic farms free of pharmaceuticals is a healthy food. We raised our own pigs and we produce a completely natural, healthy product.

Do you know that milk is bad for you and when it is healthy?

What about beef. What kind of beef am I talking about? In the context I am speaking I can say that beef is not beef and milk is not milk, and even if you did understand what I am saying you will still look for a way to ridicule what I wrote.

Our cow produces milk. She lives on an open field eating natural grass with out artificial fertilizers used to get it to grow. We milk the cow and we refrigerate the milk, it is a healthy product. No pharmaceutical drugs.

For school lunches the field the cows are raised on are fertilized with artificial fertilizers, the cows are fed grains like GMO corn and soy, the cows live in cramped crowed and filthy conditions and are fed antibiotics and growth hormones and other stimulates to make them produce more milk. This milk is then heated to kill every thing good in it, then it is homogenized and refrigerated. This cooked milk is what most people are drinking and it is not good for you.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#677292 Dec 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Dark matter can't be tested, measured, verified and repeated.
Not yet, but you and your Bible can both be tested. Please note that because you are RR I have to say that the following is not about testing God, but about testing if you really trust your Bible and we all already know you do not.

One of great weaknesses of the Bible lies in the fact that it contains tangible mechanisms by which to refute its truthfulness. Within it pages are verses which can be used to test the book's validity. They can be generally grouped under two broad headings--those involving tremendous powers given to believers and those involving powers attendant to prayer and requests. The most prominent verses within the first category are Mark 16:17-18, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them: they shall lays hands on the sick, and they shall recover." Many true believers have handled deadly snakes and drunk deadly poisons only to find the Bible is both erroneous and dangerous. Courts in Illinois, Tennessee, and elsewhere have repeatedly stopped practices of this nature because of the treat to life. Ask believers to drink poison or handle deadly snakes and one will quickly realize the extent to which even they do not take the book seriously. Mark 16:17-18 clearly states what they can do if they believe. Put them to the test, however, and you will witness a lot of rationalizing.

Other verses within the first category promise unbelievable powers to those with faith: "If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place, and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible to you"--Matt. 17:20 and "If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamore tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you"--Luke 17:6. Also note Matt. 21:21. Yet, despite promises of tremendous strength, those with the strongest faith are often the weakest, the most helpless individuals in society. They often resort to faith because all else has failed.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#677293 Dec 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither.
Just demonstrating that people, atheists included, believe in lots of things without having any evidence.
Atheists will consider new evidence against their "beliefs" but you RR refuse to consider any of the evidence I have presented against your Bible.

That does not prove God exists RR. What else besides God do you believe in for which you have no evidence?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#677294 Dec 5, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:

Not yet, but you and your Bible can both be tested.
God said "Let there be light" and there was light.

Take that to your study hall and get back to me.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#677295 Dec 5, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists will consider new evidence against their "beliefs" but you RR refuse to consider any of the evidence I have presented against your Bible.
You've presented no evidence.

Only yahooanswers gibberish.

Ignored as such.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#677297 Dec 5, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
glad you can keep it light, sweetheart:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#677298 Dec 5, 2013
Some Stoner Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you admitting you're a repugnant little wanker?
no! where did you and i go wrong, pal?:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#677300 Dec 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Face it you're an idiot, religion just boosts your ego to thinking you're not. I not bigoted against Christianity in any way.
But I am opposed to ignorant christian bigots, BTW I'm not gay or a theist. I simply am not the sucker who bought into the things you did hook line and sinker.
you've obviously bought into something since you're not a believer in the creation account of our origin.

what, may i ask, theory did you buy into and why?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#677301 Dec 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, I get all that.
The only point I'm making is the hypocrisy of the Topix Atheist! that claims only to believe in things that are evidenced.
Like Plato, ghosts & aliens.
I've not seen anyone use the arguments that are used for the existence of the Jesus!- by Christians - to support the existence of Plato, "ghosts", or, "aliens".

There is no primary, first hand, contemporary evidence for the Jesus! There is no document that is known to have been written by anyone who knew the Jesus!

It's accepted by historians that the NT is compiled from accounts taken from other accounts, that are not first hand accounts.

If you want to assert the same for Plato, I'll respond:

We have writings that are attributed to and that have been written by Plato - personally - and historians agree upon that point.

We have writings that are attributed to people who said they claimed to be relaying what the Jesus! supposedly said - as told to them by others - and historians agree upon that point.

To the best of my knowledge, no one claims the Jesus wrote one word in the NT, or otherwise.

So, let's say neither the Jesus! or Plato existed. Throw both of them out as being real persons. Let's just say that someone else was responsible for what was attributed to both of those people.

I'm fine with that.

Are you?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#677302 Dec 5, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
sure, sure, I understand
Keep it to yourself, I am a heterosexual
most all of my closest friends are hetero, pal, what's the rub?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#677303 Dec 5, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you force it on the female whether she wants it or not.
i.e. rape…and rapists are obnoxious perverts
The fact that you babble also tells to not to covert (i.e. dribble and drool) over another mans wife and you “show your appreciation” whether the female is marries of not simply highlights your own hypocrisy
To any normal man,(i.e. one who is not a obnoxious and perverted mental rapists) a kick in the nuts usually means no.
sorry, i didn't know that i was conversing with a butch-dike - my apologies for being male....:-(

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#677304 Dec 5, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
What wwwaaasssuuuppp doesn't realize is that there are FIVE, yes count them FIVE different and contradictory salvations presented with in the pages of the Bible.
The Bible is multiple guess. Even if waassuupp want to get his ass saved and he turned to the Wholly Babble he still could not get a clear concise answer as to how in the hell he gets saved.
Instead of dealing with this issue they will make up some other issue to deal with so as to avoid confronting the fact that their religion, their Bible, indeed all of their beliefs are a myth, a fiction, a rehash of an ancient story with no basis in reality at the literal level they take it at, the literal level being the only level they have of understanding anything.
Salvation by works, for example, is clearly shown in Matthew 19:16-21, where a man asked Jesus what he must do to have eternal life:
Matt. 19:16-18 "And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me."
Clearly, according to Jesus salvation is obtained by works. Good works, good deeds, following the commandments are all that is necessary. Jesus said nothing about believing in anything. Faith or belief isn't even mentioned. Robert Ingersoll correctly stated:"(In the 19th Chapter of Matthew we find) a child of God is asking God what is necessary for him to do in order to inherit eternal life... Now, if there ever has been an opportunity given to the Almighty to furnish a man of an inquiring mind with the necessary information upon that subject, here was the opportunity...(And yet Jesus) did not say to him: You must believe in me- that I am the only begotten son of the living God. He did not say: You must be born again. He did not say: You must believe in the Bible. He did not say: You must remember the Sabbath, to keep it holy... What right has the church to add conditions of salvation?" What Must We Do To Be Saved?, Ingersoll's Works Vol. 1 p 465.
Incidentally, only five of the Ten Commandments were listed and "Love thy neighbor is not even a commandment. It's actually found in Leviticus 19:18.
Mark 10:17-19 repeats the essential message of Matthew 19:16-18 and also lists a commandment-defraud not that doesn't exist. Again, five of the Ten Commandments were omitted.(See also: Luke 18:18-22, 10:25-28, Acts 10:35 Ezek.18:4-9, James 1:25, 27, 2:21, 25, Romans 2:13, 1 Cor. 7:19, Luke 19:8-9, John 5:28-29, Deut. 10:12). All the above verses resemble Micah 6:8 which says:
Micah 6:8 "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"
All of them state one is saved by good works; none mentions anything associated with belief or faith. Good deeds alone are sufficient.
what Al doesn't realize is that all he's accomplishing here is that he's storing more wrath upon himself for the judgment to come....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#677305 Dec 5, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point! Me too! waaassswwwiiipppeee does more to damage Christ-insanity than a hundred Atheists could ever hope to.
if i'm doing damage to christianity as you insist, can i assume that you'll repent and believe based on the testimonies of those who aren't doing damage?

i'm for, not against you, Al and that's why i come back in your grill after your absurd comments:-)

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#677306 Dec 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
How old were you when you started getting drunk or stoned, scar?
The first time I got drunk was around 15-16. It wasn't a regular occurrence.

The first time I smoked was around 15-16, and that wasn't a regular occurrence, either. Not daily or weekly.

I moved away from alcohol early on. I found I could drink like a fish, and was aware enough to know if I continued, it'd be a matter of time till I wrecked a vehicle, received a DUI, etc.

Neither have been a "relied" on substance in my life.

I don't, nor have I ever been a fan of pills. I even avoid aspirin and such. That's not to say I never tried them. Much like alcohol, they just weren't my thing.

How about you?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#677307 Dec 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You, and most other Topix atheists are carrying his babies in your minds.
And he gets paid for it.
He is a father figure.
There is no originality in your thinking about religion.
More projection. I have no special regard for dawkins.

Location hidden

#677308 Dec 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither.
Just demonstrating that people, atheists included, believe in lots of things without having any evidence.
No, you're not. There is plenty of evidence for emotion, and I have absolutely no idea how you fail to understand this. Again, do you imagine that to provide evidence for emotion we would have to photograph a love beam or some other such nonsense? What do you consider evidence?

Location hidden

#677309 Dec 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so that's the criteria for whether or not a historical person is real? If they call themselves a god?
No, the point is that no extraordinary claims are made about plato, and there are no potential ulterior motives for his existence to be fabricated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 1 hr thetruth 9,308
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr truth 611,844
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 583,978
What country has the best culture in your opinion? (Jul '08) 1 hr rajesh 247
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 1 hr any- h 258
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr gundee123 442,815
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr Classic 2,260
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr Justice League 3,345
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 hr WasteWater 98,969
More from around the web