Prove there's a god.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#677481 Dec 6, 2013
darksoul wrote:
<quoted text>i think you just proved that yourself!! he is not my invisible man, look around you, he is not invisible!! your just to blind to see! air is invisible but it's there! peace dude!
"How much then is a man better than a sheep?" (Matt. 12:12)

versus

"...and I lay down my life for the sheep" (John 10:15) and
"I am the sheperd, and know my sheep" (John 10:14) and
"Feed my lambs" (John 21:15) and
"Feed my sheep" (John 21:16).(See also: John 10:11,26,27 Matt. 10:16 and Mark 6:34).

Jesus says men are better than sheep, yet repeatedly calls his followers sheep.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#677482 Dec 6, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Do you believe "he" does? Prove it.
No, I don't believe that.

God isn't a male in the sense that you are.

God is an entity.

You made the claim that God doesn't have balls.

Your claim your onus.

Go.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#677483 Dec 6, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
You have presented no evidence of your god, only buybull stories, fairytales, personal rants and other lies.
Ignored as such.
It would please me if you actually ignored me.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#677484 Dec 6, 2013
The Ugly American wrote:
How come Star Trek never puts seat belts in their spaceships?
Would save a lot of future lives.
They do use seat belts.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Seatbelt
Me Myself and I

Abington, PA

#677485 Dec 6, 2013
darksoul wrote:
<quoted text>i think you just proved that yourself!! he is not my invisible man, look around you, he is not invisible!! your just to blind to see! air is invisible but it's there! peace dude!
You see people that no one else can see ?

You need to be in a mental ward.

You invisible man is useless.

Location hidden

#677486 Dec 6, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no "sacrifice" in a religious sense. There is however a match to only one Levitical "offering"... one Christianity has denied for 1700 years. All offerings except one were sacrificed then either burn to cinders or cooked and eaten.
In no gospel is Jesus burn to a cinder nor cooked and eaten. Thus, he can NOT be a sacrifice under the OT Law.
Thank you for your explanation. I guess we'll have to eat Jesus raw.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye shall have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day" (John 6:53-54)

"He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me and I in him.... So he that eateth me, even he shall live by me" (John 6:56-57).

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#677487 Dec 6, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
RiversideRedneck the Paris Hilton of Christ-insanity.
Why is it RR that when ever I say something serious you ignore it and instead only want to participate in the insults and petty bickering?
Have you ever had a serious discussion with anyone?
That depends on what you mean by cereal.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#677489 Dec 6, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he loves them for breakfast, on toast with a cup of coffee
African soufflé?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#677490 Dec 6, 2013
1212fell wrote:
Riverside Redneck - Yes indeedy - I DO believe in Aleins. In this town there is a woman who gives annual seminars on the subject of Aliens, and has ex-Air Force people who have experienced the phenomenon. Two years ago, there was a totally honest and sincere male guest who was abducted. He's an ordinary guy, married with 3 kids, and just happened to be in a place where he was taken aboard, totally examined in the nude, and was able to communicate with them.
How come aliens only abduct Americans?

Location hidden

#677491 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A big difference between atheists and theists is that theists admit they have beliefs.
Atheists admit to believing things. I believe I'll have another margarita for lunch.

Theists may believe somethings but they do not apply their beliefs to their daily lives. For instance, theists say they believe Jesus is the son of God and that they are following him.

The reality is that theists do not love Jesus because they do not follow his commands, indeed they give Jesus the finger when they do not want to do what Jesus commands them to do.

This means all Christians are hypocrites who want other people to do things they flat out refuse to do.

First, a true follower of Jesus would have to be extremely poor--as poor as the proverbial churchmouse. The Bible makes this quite clear:

"...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" Luke 14:33
"If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" Matt. 19:21
"Sell your possessions and give alms" Luke 12:33
"But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" Luke 11:41
"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Matt. 6:19-21
"How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" Mark 10:23
"Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" Matt. 19:23-24
A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21

Why do you hate Jesus RR?

John 14:15 KJV, "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

You do not keep his commandments, therefore you hate Jesus.

Location hidden

#677493 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A big difference between atheists and theists is....
The biggest difference of course is that theists believe just any old tale told to them by their mommies where non-theists do not believe; they question, investigate and then use reason and logic to come to a conclusion.

This means that theists are lazy and stupid whereas non-theists are intelligent fact finding dynamo's.

In your heart RR you know this is true.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#677495 Dec 6, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
Every mention of Jesus outside the four contradictory gospel accounts has been shown to be a forgery.
Sure they have.

You're teaching me.

Carrion.

Location hidden

#677496 Dec 6, 2013
Me Myself and I wrote:
<quoted text>
You see people that no one else can see ?
You need to be in a mental ward.
You invisible man is useless.
His invisible man does allow con-artists to rob the pew warming rubes.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#677497 Dec 6, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:

Once again RR you are being completely dishonest. What wordofme wrote was:
"I believe in the possibility of aliens simply because there are trillions of stars and planets 'out there' and I doubt that life arose 'just' on planet earth."
What?

wordofme wrote:

"I believe in the possibility of aliens..."

I responded:

"You believe there are aliens out there, without any evidence."

Where was this elusive "once again" dishonesty?

Location hidden

#677498 Dec 6, 2013
darksoul wrote:
<quoted text>jesus came as THE LAMB OF GOD, his sacrifice ended all the old testament sacrifises, because "HE IS THE WAY, THE TRUTH, THE LIGHT, NO MAN SHALL COME TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THRU ME".
So, all the fetus's for whom it would be impossible to accept Jesus are roasting in hell as we type through no fault of their own. As are all children who die too young to know what accepting Jesus is about. As are all the American Indians before the arrival of Columbus.

The Bible says God is just, but where is the justice?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#677499 Dec 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:

Well that answers the question. If you went to college or studied you would know what evidence is and what is taught.
You needed to go to college to learn what evidence is?

Hooray for you, dude.

That's a waste of money.

Location hidden

#677500 Dec 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It would please me if you actually ignored me.
This discussion is not about what pleases RR, it is about giving RR [and the other rubes] an opportunity to prove this insane murdering Bible God actually exists.
Ben Adam

Abington, PA

#677501 Dec 6, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your explanation. I guess we'll have to eat Jesus raw.
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye shall have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day" (John 6:53-54)
"He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me and I in him.... So he that eateth me, even he shall live by me" (John 6:56-57).
Yep. John started the vampire and cannibal crap.
Billions of people will believe anything some charismatic lunatic tells them.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#677502 Dec 6, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
RiversideRedneck: Yes but people like you & scar don't believe Jesus was a god of any kind.
ALAN: How many kinds of gods are there?
RR: So the debate is not whether or not He was a god, but was His existence real?
ALAN: There is no evidence outside the 4 gospel accounts to suggest Jesus ever walked the earth.
RR: It's very hypocritical to sit there and say that Plato was real because historians say then turn around and disagree with the same historians about Jesus.
ALAN: Had you of pondered what you have already been told by 3 different people RR you would not repeated your baseless assertion. There are no historical accounts of Jesus outside the biblical text.
There are many historical references to Jesus outside of biblical text.

I've already posted them to you several times, you know they exist, you just choose to ignore them.
Ben Adam

Abington, PA

#677503 Dec 6, 2013
darksoul wrote:
<quoted text>jesus came as THE LAMB OF GOD, his sacrifice ended all the old testament sacrifises, because "HE IS THE WAY, THE TRUTH, THE LIGHT, NO MAN SHALL COME TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THRU ME".
You babble like a pagan. Small wonder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 39 min Russian Amb Grope... 2,630
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 hr Trump Worshiper 119,219
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr Trump Worshiper 679,164
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr earthly science f... 445,839
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr Holy Jehowa Witness 46,214
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 4 hr Trumps worshiper 33,216
Melania Trump's hair shines in Saudi sun 4 hr Trumps worshiper 5
More from around the web