Prove there's a god.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#677411 Dec 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical Topix atheist belief in formal training creates intelligence.
You watch the stars enough days and you can figure what direction is where.
Especially if you have a map and know how to read it.
Hard to get lost on the Florida peninsula, lovey. 100 miles wide. Turnpike and interstate on the east, interstate on the west. Plus the road numbering denotes N-S or E-W orientation even on the local levels. Generally odd for N-S. It ain't hard to find the Turnpike.
I am glad that the person the post was addressed to saw the humour even if it was way beyond davesword intellect

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#677412 Dec 6, 2013
Riverside Redneck - Yes indeedy - I DO believe in Aleins. In this town there is a woman who gives annual seminars on the subject of Aliens, and has ex-Air Force people who have experienced the phenomenon. Two years ago, there was a totally honest and sincere male guest who was abducted. He's an ordinary guy, married with 3 kids, and just happened to be in a place where he was taken aboard, totally examined in the nude, and was able to communicate with them.

#677413 Dec 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You've never been in the 'Glades at night, have you?
I have.
The man (and I use that word in the loosest possible sense) gets lost when he staggers between the local bar and the border with davesworld.

He has been known to wonder around for 4 days after saying he was popping out for a packet of cigs…

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#677414 Dec 6, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text> There is plenty of evidence for emotion, and I have absolutely no idea how you fail to understand this.
I suspect that RR is terrified of the fact that he finds himself alive in this biosphere with out a clue as to what he is and what he is for and with no interest in what he could become.

Inventing God for himself is comforting and self-calming.

RR is emotion led. His emotions are like a neglected hungry horse kicking. RR's horse does a lot of kicking at the expense of his mind and his body. He is lopsided in that his horse runs his show while his driver is drunk and his carriage is broken and in need of repair.

I repair broken machines.

#677415 Dec 6, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, that is what explains the 50,000 children who die horrible deaths each day from starvation and horrible illness.
Jesus loves all the little children of the world, can you imagine if he hated them?
Maybe he loves them for breakfast, on toast with a cup of coffee

Location hidden

#677416 Dec 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I don't have the limited and parochial view of it you do.
Nor do many if not most that identify as Christians.
I see it in a much different light than you do. A lot more detached from the "religious" aspects of it. You let your reaction to a fundamentalist view of it blind you.
So in other words, you just believe what ever suits your fancy at the moment and you are not going to get serious about any of it. Because? What? You like to argue?

Dealing with you Dave is like trying to push a rope.

Location hidden

#677417 Dec 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry bub, but someone who "rests(twists) the scriptures to their own destruction" as peter puts it, doesn't "prove" anything but their own destruction:-(
Please show me how I have twisted the following, I only added one word "versus" the rest of it is what you claim is God's word.

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Versus

Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."

Location hidden

#677418 Dec 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. There are so many details that show the Bible to be inaccurate.
There is no way an infallible being could have ever been involved.
Christian apologists simply claim the autographs were perfect and with out error and that God is so stupid that he went on vacation while stupid evil man translated his perfect and error free words into the contradictory, error filled Bible we have to day.

Christians are always quick to thank God when good things happen but they will never blame him for the bad things. Clearly Christians are divorced from reality.

They insist we are silly or evil, because we do not believe them when they repeat the silly stories their mommie told them.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#677419 Dec 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You've never been in the 'Glades at night, have you?
I have.
Yes, I have. I grew up down there. Gets very dark and overwhelming with stars.

But it isn't real difficult determining direction from them. Or, in this day and age, seeing the glow of the cities of the east coast.

The moon tends to be the dead giveaway, too. Orion is real good, too. Love its belt.

You should be a tourist guide. Gator Mac. Grizzled man of the swamps.

Location hidden

#677420 Dec 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Moses speak about himself in the third-person?
It just doesn't add up to me, but seems like it does, but only to those who are gullible and uninformed or refuse to research that which has been presented.
Catholics and Protestants alike, fall into this classification.
Exactly! Moses would not write about his own funeral. And those who believe this with out doing the research are who St. Paul calls "the simple minded." Hey, if anyone should know he should know right?

Location hidden

#677421 Dec 6, 2013
waaasssuuup: you said "There are no "Christians" who do not do damage to Christianity"
well there you have it! why should i jump through your hoops to act like you insist then?

ALAN: It is not my hoops you refuse to jump through but the hoops that you believe God put in the Bible that you are not jumping through.

waaasssuuup: you said - "However if you can find one Christian on the earth who is willing to obey the commands of Jesus I'll stop quoting the Bible"
i say - well Jesus perfectly obeyed His/God's commands and still you don't believe...

ALAN: So, Jesus is the only real Christian who has ever lived. You are wrong about Jesus being perfect and we can go into that. I have quite a lot about why Jesus is not qualified. You believe because you are ignorant of the facts. I suspect you are too "simple minded" to even know how to investigate them. And if you would mind your own business I would not quote the Bible to prove you are wrong about everything.

waaasssuuup:... but instead justify yourself by mis-quoting things.

ALAN: Another false accusation. Show one quote I have posted that I "mis-quoted". Inserting words into the text is something Christians do not Atheists.

waaasssuuup:do you REALLY think that you're more right than anyone else by doing this? if so, please demonstrate for all how well YOU can keep these wonderfully good statutes written in the Bible!

ALAN: I am not the one claiming that with God all things are possible. I do not claim to have the holy spirit in me guiding me in how to behave and understand Scripture. You claim you do and then you act like a tard and expect we won't notice that what you say and how you behave are not in harmony with biblical teachings.

Location hidden

#677422 Dec 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
True.
There's no doubt he wasn't a god.
Among those beliefs crucial to Christianity few are of greater importance than that of the Resurrection. Paul went so far as to allege the very foundation of Christianity rests upon its occurrence.

1Cor. 15:14 "And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain." ( also: 1 Cor. 15:17)

Yet, why should the Resurrection be of such significance? Elijah raised a child from the dead (1 Kings 17:17, 21-22); Samuel said to Saul, "Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me" (1 Sam. 28.7, 11, 15); Elisha raised the dead son of a Shunammite ( 2 Kings 4:32, 34-35); a dead man being lowered into a grave revived when he touched the bones of Elisha (2 Kings 13:21); Moses and Elijah revived at the time of the Transfiguration ( Luke 9:28, 30 );the saints arose at the time of Jesus' death ( Matt. 27:52-53 ); Jairus' daughter rose from the dead (Matt. 9:18, 23-25 ); the widow at Nain's son rose from the dead (Luke 7:11-15 ); and Lazarus rose from the dead ( John 11:43-44 ). All of these people ascended from death and all did so before Jesus. So why attribute so much importance to the event. By the time Christ rose from the dead this was a rather common occurrence. Moreover, people not only before Jesus rose from the dead but after as well. Peter raised Tabitha and Paul raised Eutychus.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#677423 Dec 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence has the upper hand. Did you go to college ?
Did you study?
sigh....yet another response talking about "evidence", proof, education...etc, but providing NOTHING!

how long, oh Lord, must we tolerate this insolence?! please come quickly.....

Location hidden

#677424 Dec 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So do priests.
And churches.
The good that scientists do is much more widespread and has fewer strings attached.
Good reply. Dave has a very bad habit of condemning people of the very thing he is guilty of.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#677425 Dec 6, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, no Christ/Redemption (whatever that is supposed to mean) for anyone…so my happiness level is really the same as before...
<quoted text>
Is that why you steal from your boss, cheat on your wife, lie to people here, and just all-round refuse to practice what you preach?
stale! don't those accusing demons in your head drive you nutz? i'm sure that they do everyone else around you....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#677426 Dec 6, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't even know what you are trying to say in your first paragraph....sounds kinda' wacky to me.
Regarding Jesus and the LIGHT....you're hallucinating.
<quoted text>
Unlike you, we're human. You're hallucinating.
<quoted text>
You're babbling.
<quoted text>
You're ranting, and you're barely semi-literate. Your spelling sucks, you consistently use the wrong form of "your" and "they're," and you're a bloody wanker idiot.
"I don't need no education; I got jesus!" ~ waaasssuuup ~
"and you're a bloody wanker idiot"

OH OH - kait's been busted as the 'stoner dude' sock!;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#677427 Dec 6, 2013
<quoted text>
HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!!
Says you, whom I've busted as a fake and a fraud and a fucking lying hypocrite over a million times!
I hope you and nanoanalboy will be happy togehter sucking each other's dicks.
<quoted text>
I'm not the one who says that homosexuality is a sin, hypocrite; *YOU* are.
i don't even believe that you're bi unless you send me a pic of you attached to steph like the human centipede!(ever see that flick?)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#677428 Dec 6, 2013
You don't get to define soul; you are a christard idiot.
<quoted text>
I was posting to RR, not you. And you have never defined "soul." You can't.
what are you doing this weekend?

Location hidden

#677429 Dec 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence has the upper hand. Did you go to college ?
Did you study?
Isn't it strange how evidence is so unnecessary to the average Christian. I watched The Crucible with Wanona Ryder the other night and it is amazing how stupid and abominable Christians behave.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115988/

Christians believe in witches because their God tells them they should not suffer them to exist.

GOD: "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." Ex. 22:18

What about "Do not kill"?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#677430 Dec 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Yup, that's all you have to say in response to:
So who is the hypocrite here?
<quoted text>
When at work, on your boss's time, using his computer, letting him pay for the electricity...
"Thou shalt not steal." "God."
"I can steal like a sonofabitch, I'm a perfect christian and I'm forgiven!" Waaasssuuup
<quoted text>
Translation: "I'm not going to address what she said, because she's always right and I hate her for it."
I never claimed to be perfect. And no, I don't need your mythical christ and your book of lies.
And you got my measurements wrong. What a surprise.
what are your measurements again and are you ticklish?:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Chess 104,525
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr RiversideRedneck 672,928
Speedway- Have You Purchased a Money order and... (Sep '09) 2 hr Neil1210 28
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr bad bob 184,571
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 4 hr Pres Mr Donald J ... 392
the BIGGEST "LIE" LAPD's Tom Lange EVER told! 5 hr Pres Mr Donald J ... 2
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr Holy Child Jehova... 445,843
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,299
More from around the web