“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#676976 Dec 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Misogyny will be "seven."
Seven.
If you actually read my post you would've understood that it was not misogynistic.

I did only refer to women that I personally know, not women in general.

You can only handout that seven if it's Seven of Nine, tertiary adjunct to Unimatrix zero.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#676977 Dec 3, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but you said it as if the haircut in and of itself might be responsible for changes in thinking. Now you are broadening it to impaired thinking because of social discomfort.
Hairstyling, not haircut.

Bobby pins, hair spray, too thick hair, anything that doesn't let the hair lay natural. You get stress on the nerves in the scalp, overheating, perhaps having to pay extra attention so it doesn't come undone. Of course such distraction will interfere with the thinking process.

Those are social conventions, and a lot of brainpower is exerted in keeping the do in place that would otherwise be free to "think".

Like wearing shoes too tight.

Women's brains according to that study wire more directly from hemisphere to hemisphere, whereas men tend to a more lateral orientation and then crossover. Zigzag versus a more horned pattern.

I think bobby pins can pick up EM and interfere with the brain.:-)

Anyhow, the free flow of information between hemispheres can be interfered with by hair style or hats.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#676978 Dec 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually read my post you would've understood that it was not misogynistic.
You can only handout that seven if it's Seven of Nine, tertiary adjunct to Unimatrix zero.
Seven

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#676979 Dec 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably read that in a FemiNazi magazine.
Lol
I don't personally know any women that understand simple cardinal direction.
Interestingly enough, Men (myself included) do not like to have directions given to us by women (when driving that is) yet we will go out and spend a nice grip load of money and purchase a turn by turn GPS with a womans voice on it....... Why do we do this to ourselves.....????

#676980 Dec 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeri..........

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#676981 Dec 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>Misogyny will be "seven."

Seven.
Can't be a good Christian without a little misogyny.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#676982 Dec 3, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"the people with one accord (humankind, including you) shouted "crucify Him""
it's up to you to prove that this historical documentation is false and many more powerful and educated people and governments than you have been trying for over 2,000 years now but to no avail;-)
So you didn't prove there was a god. Noted.
You didn't prove he had a son. Noted.
And since you couldn't prove either of those you, of course. could not prove that I killed him

(although…your theory seems to involve a time machine…just…wow…)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#676983 Dec 3, 2013
1212fell wrote:
timin17: All I'm saying is that it doesn't matter to me really.
Organized religions are OK for some, but I'm tired of them.
1212fell
Welcome heretic!

You are not alone.

:o)

#676984 Dec 3, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be 'documented history' if it were documented somewhere besides the Bible....fact remains that it isn't. Roman records have no mention of what you are talking about.
Those 'educated people and governments' you speak of....only want proof, not some hearsay or anecdotal evidence.
Historically it's actually up to the person claiming something is true to prove their position
Most modern Historical scholars today agree that Jesus did indeed exist. Several facts cannot be disproved such as:

1. Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist.
2. He called disciples.
3. Jesus was crucified by the Romans near Jerusalem.
4. Jesus was a Galilean.
5. His activities were confined to Galilee and Judea.
6. After his death his disciples continued.
7. Some of his disciples were persecuted
8. He had a controversy at the Temple.

The existence of Jesus was never denied by those who opposed Christianity (Encyclopedia of theology: a concise Sacramentum mundi by Karl Rahner 2004) and It's als no great secret that the Sanhendrin disliked Jesus as he also mentioned in the Talmud (though not in a positive light) where it is written "Jesus the Nazarine did magic and led Israel astray"

Just the Fact alone that Jesus's life was documented more than any of his contemporaries is cause to strongly consider that Jesus DID indeed exist and walk and talk among the people.

Scholars have identified the following references in the Talmud that some conclude refer to Jesus, regarded as the messiah of Christianity:[79]
Jesus as a sorcerer with disciples (b Sanh 43a-b)
Healing in the name of Jesus (Hul 2:22f; AZ 2:22/12; y Shab 124:4/13; QohR 1:8; b AZ 27b)
As a torah teacher (b AZ 17a; Hul 2:24; QohR 1:8)
As a son or disciple that turned out badly (Sanh 193a/b; Ber 17b)
As a frivolous disciple who practiced magic and turned to idolatry (Sanh 107b; Sot 47a)
Jesus' punishment in hell (b Git 56b, 57a)
Jesus' execution (b Sanh 43a-b)
Jesus as the son of Mary (Shab 104b, Sanh 67a)

Not pretty Christian proof but even as ugly as that proof is, to ignore all the evidence is silly.

Albuquerque, NM

#676985 Dec 3, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be 'documented history' if it were documented somewhere besides the Bible....fact remains that it isn't. Roman records have no mention of what you are talking about.
Those 'educated people and governments' you speak of....only want proof, not some hearsay or anecdotal evidence.
Historically it's actually up to the person claiming something is true to prove their position
One could use this logic and make a case for the Knights Templar coming to America well before Columbus.

Just because it isn't written, doesn't mean the history is correctly written.

http://www.kensingtonrunestone.com/default.as...

FYI - history is rewritten everyday. What may have been said to happen yesterday, doesn't necessarily mean it actually happened.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#676986 Dec 3, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
you said - "fact remains that it isn't"

then you said "it's actually up to the person claiming something is true to prove their position"

let's have your proof that there isn't any documentation of Christ apart from the Bible OR you can just admit that you're a lying believer of anything antichrist - your choice:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#676987 Dec 3, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
So you didn't prove there was a god. Noted.
You didn't prove he had a son. Noted.
And since you couldn't prove either of those you, of course. could not prove that I killed him
(although…your theory seems to involve a time machine…just…wow…)
i guess you win - NO CHRIST/REDEMPTION FOR YOU!

happy now?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#676988 Dec 3, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Most modern Historical scholars today agree that Jesus did indeed exist. Several facts cannot be disproved such as:
2. He called disciples.
4. Jesus was a Galilean.
The existence of Jesus was never denied by those who opposed Christianity (Encyclopedia of theology: a concise Sacramentum mundi by Karl Rahner 2004) and It's als no great secret that the Sanhendrin disliked Jesus as he also mentioned in the Talmud (though not in a positive light) where it is written "Jesus the Nazarine did magic and led Israel astray"
Just the Fact alone that Jesus's life was documented more than any of his contemporaries is cause to strongly consider that Jesus DID indeed exist and walk and talk among the people.
Scholars have identified the following references in the Talmud that some conclude refer to Jesus, regarded as the messiah of Christianity:[79]
Healing in the name of Jesus (Hul 2:22f; AZ 2:22/12; y Shab 124:4/13; QohR 1:8; b AZ 27b)
As a frivolous disciple who practiced magic and turned to idolatry (Sanh 107b; Sot 47a)
Not pretty Christian proof but even as ugly as that proof is, to ignore all the evidence is silly.
nice try Al, but it seems that you're talking to someone who prefers darkness over Light - probably just another gay(theist) trying frantically to legitimize their insatiable appetite.....

Albuquerque, NM

#676989 Dec 3, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i guess you win - NO CHRIST/REDEMPTION FOR YOU!
happy now?
None for you either - as you refuse to believe in what Jesus taught.

Bummer, huh?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#676990 Dec 3, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Alan, you are not a rational man.
BTW, what you described is Christianity. You just changed some terms and left some linkage out. You seem to think you can do it all by yourself.
What you call Christianity is actually a rehash of a system of idea that have been on the earth for tens of thousands of years.

You are the one who is not rational refusing to start at the beginning. Let me ask you Dave, do you eat and shit?

Are you going to dismiss the question as irrational?

You do not realize that something is up to you. I know it is painful when I remind you of this and if all you can do is insults then insult.

Location hidden

#676991 Dec 3, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
And you call people crazy?
What you just said is a fancy way of you blaming a lizard for your poor decisions........
Did you even try to consider what I wrote to you or did you dismiss it because I wrote it?

If you are incapable of verifying your own existence then there is no point in trying to have a discussion with you.

Do you have a body? Does it eat and shit? I know the answer is yes and yes, but you are not man enough to admit it.

Do you breath in, and exhale? Is your heart beating? Are you your heart or is it something that operates automatically with out any input from you?

And if the heart and the breathing and the digestion are all automatic, where are you in all of this? What are you in all of this?

Location hidden

#676992 Dec 3, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
You're kidding right?????
Oh!!!! I get it ..... The Lizard made you do it.......
And you say Christians are crazy..... Riiiiiiiiight...!!
Bwaaahhaaaahaaaaa!!!!!!!
Dude.... You're on crack.....
Revenge is very unbecoming Al. What is it in you that can't let go and move forward?

I told you not to believe me. What part of don't believe me didn't you understand?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#676993 Dec 3, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Interestingly enough, Men (myself included) do not like to have directions given to us by women (when driving that is) yet we will go out and spend a nice grip load of money and purchase a turn by turn GPS with a womans voice on it....... Why do we do this to ourselves.....????
Because most men are too damn egotistical to ask for directions.

They want to be known as Mr Knowitall.

Catcher reminds me of one of them.

I think we use a girls voice because we prefer the sound over a man's voice. I use a female, Australian sounding voice for my Siri, Mrs RR uses the new male voice.

#676994 Dec 3, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
nice try Al, but it seems that you're talking to someone who prefers darkness over Light - probably just another gay(theist) trying frantically to legitimize their insatiable appetite.....
Perhaps he was told (and frankly believes) that there really is no proof of Jesus outside the Bible much like we were told (and believed) that George Washington crossed the Delaware standing up.
thewordofme

Tucson, AZ

#676995 Dec 3, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
2. He called disciples.
4. Jesus was a Galilean.
Jesus the man MAY have existed, but he was not a son of God.

Jesus is said to have mentioned Adam and Eve and the Noachian flood (he had access to the Torah), both of which we know never happened, and the evidence that they didn't is overwhelming.

Another problem is that all the writings about the man are well after his death....and in the case of the 4 Gospels we know they are anonymous, not written by the named authors, and the writers were not eyewitnesses to Jesus and what ultimately happened to him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min It aint necessari... 48,540
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 min Rider on the Storm 182,646
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min New Age Spiritual... 646,555
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 min ChristineM 445,715
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 min Toby 105,574
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 22 min Steve III 44,682
Gay Skype 23 min Buied1985 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr here 281,251
More from around the web