Prove there's a god.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#676387 Nov 27, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
sweetheart, you can be perfect in Christ just by receiving Him too!:)
Is he coming fed ex, UPS or just regular mail?

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#676388 Nov 27, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
yes it is - depending on what one imagines!
I'm imagining that package was lost in the mail.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#676389 Nov 27, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don’t know, I just remembered that first line of the Ceasar work from school. however I think it’s something along the lines of he-um, he-vi, he-em
Laffin.

Jesuit boarding school, I had.

Long time ago, and very far away.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#676390 Nov 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
That's how the Japanese say "Lilo"...
Okay, that was funny.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#676391 Nov 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sarte was the "original", the motif goes "to hell in a hand basket" from there. LOL
"No Exit" was more about how people choose to stay in abusive relationships that they could easily walk away from... like Topix threads. <smile>
Ok, whatever. That behavior must fill some need or they wouldn't do it.

Location hidden

#676392 Nov 27, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>The BBT show is horrible. Terrible, terrible dreck made to appeal to "nerds." `
Nerds need "targeting" too. xD

It's a dumb show but at least it's not another boring CSI spinoff or a mind numbing reality show.

Location hidden

#676393 Nov 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
The English word soul as used in the English translations of the Bible is for the Hebrew word 'nephesh' which simply means "living thing". The same Hebrew word is used for animals BUT the translators translated it is "living creature" for them.
Just another error (or deception) among hundreds in the Bible.
There ARE verses in the bible that state that all creatures ARE souls. "Being" a soul is differentiated from "spirit", or, in other words, "life force". The soul has a will of its own and the life force does not.

Location hidden

#676394 Nov 27, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LADIES LADIES - can't we all just get along?:)
Nope. Not gonna happen.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#676395 Nov 27, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, whatever. That behavior must fill some need or they wouldn't do it.
We all come here for different reasons; attention (good and bad), venting, sharing and, for some of us, just hearing different points of view on things spiritual.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#676396 Nov 27, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>There ARE verses in the bible that state that all creatures ARE souls. "Being" a soul is differentiated from "spirit", or, in other words, "life force". The soul has a will of its own and the life force does not.
Agreed. I just avoid the word "soul" as it has no equivalent in Hebrew. In Genesis, humans are just another animal.
LIVE EVIL

Portsmouth, VA

#676397 Nov 27, 2013
Prove there's a dog.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#676400 Nov 27, 2013
Subliminal Criminal 1 wrote:
Lets reverse it.
What proof would atheists require to believe in God?
Not to be cruel or nothing but I believe it will have to take DEATH. That may be the only proof that they will receive. There hasn't been anyone to come back from death to confirm that there is "Something" on the other side but there HAVE been documented accounts of people who have come back from "NEAR" death and have confirmed "Something" on the other side...even people who were devout athiests have had their experiences recorded. So for the athiests who are locked in their mindset, it will take them to have to leave this realm for them to get their proof!!

Memphis, TN

#676401 Nov 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
We all come here for different reasons; attention (good and bad), venting, sharing and, for some of us, just hearing different points of view on things spiritual.
Yup, agreed!!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#676402 Nov 27, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Nerds need "targeting" too. xD
It's a dumb show but at least it's not another boring CSI spinoff or a mind numbing reality show.
I agree, but there are better shows out there for a similar demographic.

Sadly, I also agree, it is still better than reality TV and the CSI spinoffs, and that's saying something.

Location hidden

#676403 Nov 27, 2013
Lets reverse it.
Anything?

Location hidden

#676404 Nov 27, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Not to be cruel or nothing but I believe it will have to take DEATH. That may be the only proof that they will receive. There hasn't been anyone to come back from death to confirm that there is "Something" on the other side but there HAVE been documented accounts of people who have come back from "NEAR" death and have confirmed "Something" on the other side...even people who were devout athiests have had their experiences recorded. So for the athiests who are locked in their mindset, it will take them to have to leave this realm for them to get their proof!!
If they came back, they weren't dead. The mind can do some funny things when it's very distressed.

Location hidden

#676405 Nov 27, 2013
<quoted text>Not to be cruel or nothing but I believe it will have to take DEATH. That may be the only proof that they will receive. There hasn't been anyone to come back from death to confirm that there is "Something" on the other side but there HAVE been documented accounts of people who have come back from "NEAR" death and have confirmed "Something" on the other side...even people who were devout athiests have had their experiences recorded. So for the athiests who are locked in their mindset, it will take them to have to leave this realm for them to get their proof!!
Are atheists "locked" in a certain mindset though? For me, I am willing to entertain any evidence for a god. None has been forthcoming. For the average religious person, their god is the one true god and that's that. Who's locked in a mindset again?

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#676406 Nov 27, 2013
Lets reverse it.
Empirical, repeatable, observable ...AKA: "Tangible".

Memphis, TN

#676407 Nov 27, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Are atheists "locked" in a certain mindset though? For me, I am willing to entertain any evidence for a god. None has been forthcoming. For the average religious person, their god is the one true god and that's that. Who's locked in a mindset again?
Maybe U're the exception...most athiests ARE locked-in and their minds are set. There is NO god to them, I mean nothing...no demons, no supernatural phenomena, no afterlife, no predetermination, no accountability, no inner "soul", no purpose, shit, just no NUTHIN'!..but themselves and ourselves!! By the way, have U researched any documented records concerning "near-death experiences"?! If not then maybe U're not the exception being that U probably don't believe in events such as these anyway, right?!

Location hidden

#676408 Nov 28, 2013
<quoted text>Maybe U're the exception...most athiests ARE locked-in and their minds are set. There is NO god to them, I mean nothing...no demons, no supernatural phenomena, no afterlife, no predetermination, no accountability, no inner "soul", no purpose, shit, just no NUTHIN'!..but themselves and ourselves!! By the way, have U researched any documented records concerning "near-death experiences"?! If not then maybe U're not the exception being that U probably don't believe in events such as these anyway, right?!
There are no "demons, supernatural phenomena... etc" to atheists because we have no proof for these things. I did not say that I believe in the supernatural, I said that I would be open to proof. And, again, there is none.

Yes, I have researched NDEs. No good proof.

I believe you are quite mistaken about atheists. Requiring proof for your beliefs does not make you "locked in," it makes you a reasonable human being.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Slaughterhouse 100,144
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Peter Ross 445,651
Any hot teen girl wanna email me (Mar '12) 2 hr idk 8
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr RCC Biblical Beas... 670,271
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr NIST 286,454
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,287
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 4 hr Halle Berry Sister 4,032
More from around the web