Prove there's a god.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#676312 Nov 27, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians have been rewriting it for 1700 years.
i read a version that was "translated from the original tongues" by a team of linguistic experts, hon. if the Bible wasn't valid, why on earth would the devil and his band of butt-munchers hate it so much???

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#676313 Nov 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
RR is jealous of anyone who has an education.
<quoted text>
Translation: "We're indescribably stupid and ignorant, and proud of it!!"
translation - kait got a thang 4 me;)

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#676314 Nov 27, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it works out for both of then because I have no interest in trying
You also can not prove God doesn't exist
Let me guess, you consider yourself somewhat of an empirical thinker right?
Do you believe it is possible there is higher intelligent life in the universe?
You should be able to see where this is heading. The contradiction is from you as I would bet you don't rule out one yet rule out the other. And based on nothing than your predjudices
how is that related to your juvenile beliefs and false gods?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#676315 Nov 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Blow it out your ass.
Oh, wait; you just did!
Never mind.
btw- i'm confused; are you and steph broken-up or just taking a break from each other?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#676316 Nov 27, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t know, a new woman appears on the thread and waaasssuuup is there, tongue dangling and dribble running down you chin
don't be jealous, babe, brit ecklund is one of my all-time favorite looks!;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#676317 Nov 27, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
As a christian you would not know the true meaning of moral it sat on your face and farted.
i'm not sure that i'd mind you sitting on my face, but can we do it sans fart?;)

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#676318 Nov 27, 2013
I see Waasssuupp is still stalking women against their will and begging them for sex.

Such a fine Christian !

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#676319 Nov 27, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
don't be jealous, babe, brit ecklund is one of my all-time favorite looks!;)
I don’t do jealous. I just find your sexist grovelling quite tiresome.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#676320 Nov 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
I see Waasssuupp is still stalking women against their will and begging them for sex.
Such a fine Christian !
That’s the waaasssuuup we all know and loathe

Fine upstanding christian for sure

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#676321 Nov 27, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t do jealous. I just find your sexist grovelling quite tiresome.
typical hypocrite - prudish to the Christian, but immoral to the gaytheist!;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#676322 Nov 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
Such a fine Christian !
just cuz your junk don't work no more....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#676323 Nov 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
Such a fine Christian !
YES - my faith in Christ vs my faith in me/man IS THE ONLY THING that makes one a perfect Christian:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#676324 Nov 27, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
That’s the waaasssuuup we all know and loathe
Fine upstanding christian for sure
ooopps - meant this for you:

YES - my faith in Christ vs my faith in me/man IS THE ONLY THING that makes one a perfect Christian:-)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#676325 Nov 27, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you assume it is a mistranslation?
Because there is no Ancient Hebrew word for "evil", that's why.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#676326 Nov 27, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Never mind about the make up stories of funnymentalist apologists’ sites, try real evidence.
Because there is actually physical evidence for Julius Caesar existence in carvings, coinage, roman archives, his writings, contemporary witnesses. I own several coins from the time of Caesar and I realise that it was a long time ago but even the Romans were not up to putting fictitious characters on the coins of the realm that held there empire together.
Whereas there is actually no evidence for Jesus Christ other than a book with no provenance that was written 300+ years after his supposed death.
Coins? Ugh again.....

For Jesus we have the eye witness accounts of the Apostles which they committed to writing, we have the written accounts of Paul the former Jew called Saul,then we have the accounts from the very early church fathers and also of Josephus in his epic study of the History of the Jews along with many other recorded Roman historians.

You accept the evidence for Caesar and conveniently ignore the evidence for Jesus, that is wrong and and pure bias.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#676328 Nov 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Omnia Gallia in partes tres divisa est..."
You accept it as fact that Caesar wrote that.

Congratulations.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#676329 Nov 27, 2013
CONTINUED:

"The Birds

We put our minds together as one and thank all the Birds who move and fly about over our heads. The Creator gave them beautiful songs. Each day they remind us to enjoy and appreciate life. The Eagle was chosen to be their leader. To all the Birds - from the smallest to the largest - we send our joyful greetings and thanks.

Now our minds are one.

The Four Winds

We are all thankful to the powers we know as the Four Winds. We hear their voices in the moving air as they refresh us and purify the air we breathe. They help to bring the change of seasons. From the four directions they come, bringing us messages and giving us strength. With one mind, we send our greetings and thanks to the Four Winds.

Now our minds are one.

The Thunderers

Now we turn to the west where our Grandfathers, the Thunder Beings, live. With lightning and thundering voices, they bring with them the water that renews life. We bring our minds together as one to send greetings and thanks to our Grandfathers, the Thunderers.

Now our minds are one.

The Sun

We now send greetings and thanks to our eldest Brother, the Sun. Each day without fail he travels the sky from east to west, bringing the light of a new day. He is the source of all the fires of life. With one mind, we send greetings and thanks to our Brother, the Sun.

Now our minds are one.

Grandmother Moon

We put our minds together and give thanks to our oldest grandmother, the Moon, who lights the night-time sky. She is the leader of women all over the world, and she governs the movement of the ocean tides. By her changing face we measure time, and it is the Moon who watches over the arrival of children here on Earth. With one mind, we send greetings and thanks to our Grandmother, the Moon.

Now our minds are one.

The Stars

We give thanks to the Stars who are spread across the sky like jewelry. We see them in the night, helping the Moon to light the darkness and bringing dew to the gardens and growing things. When we travel at night, they guide us home. With our minds gathered together as one, we send greetings and thanks to all the Stars.

Now our minds are one.

The Enlightened Teachers

We gather our minds to greet and thank the enlightened Teachers who have come to help throughout the ages. When we forget how to live in harmony, they remind us of the way we were instructed to live as people. With one mind, we send greetings and thanks to these caring Teachers.

Now our minds are one.

The Creator

Now we turn our thoughts to the Creator, or Great Spirit, and send greetings and thanks for the gifts of Creation. Everything we need to live a good life is here on this Mother Earth. For all the love that is still around us, we gather our minds together as one and send our choicest words of greetings and thanks to the Creator.

Now our minds are one.

Closing Words

We have now arrived at the place where we end our words. Of all the things we have named, it was not our intention to leave anything out. If something was forgotten, we leave it to each individual to send such greetings and thanks in their own way.

Now our minds are one."

http://www.firstpeople.us/html/A-Haudenosaune...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#676330 Nov 27, 2013
Hey dopey "judge":

You forgot to judge the first half as "nuts", you friggin' loon.....

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#676331 Nov 27, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
When I snip your posts it doesn't matter because I am not taking that partial quote and lying and presenting it in a dishonest way like it was really part of something else and saying things I never said.
Like i said, some people I have no problem when they do it because they can be trusted because they have ethics. You do not
And your "translation"? LOL, does that troll psychology really work on anyone? Tell yourself whatever you need to! Considering you have been caught repeatedly plagiarizing information you clearly don't know, there is no logical reason to discuss it with you.
If someone severally mentally retarded knew enough to copy and paste literature by Thoreau and Emerson, I wouldn't then sit down and compare and contrast their writings with that person. That is not an insult to them. It is just a realistic view on their limitations. While I am proud of you for being able to copy and paste, indulging you further on stuff you don't know is just silly
Blah blah blah, the Bible is contradictory, unreliable and can not be trusted, get over it.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#676332 Nov 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Josephus
The first and probably the most notable comes from the Jewish historian, Josephus, who allegedly said, "Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man, for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews, and many of the Gentiles. He was the Christ, and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men among us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him; for he appeared to them alive again the third day; as the divine prophets had foretold there and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him. And the tribe of Christians so named from him are not extinct at this day" (Jewish Antiquities, Book 18, Chp. 3, Sec.3). The problems inherent in this paragraph are numerous and fatal to its credibility:(1) The alleged author, Josephus, was a devout Jew which would cause anyone familiar with the basic principles of Judaism to ask: Would a devout Jew imply that a man was not a man, that he was divine? Would he say that a man did miracles, was the Christ, and rose from the dead? And would a devout Jew say the messianic prophecies expressly referred to a man at that time?(2) The works of Josephus are voluminous and exhaustive. They comprise nearly 20 books. Whole pages are devoted to petty robbers and obscure seditious leaders. Nearly 40 chapters are devoted to a single king. Yet,Jesus is dismissed with a mere dozen lines.(3) The passage is not found in the early copies of Josephus. Not until the Ecclesiastical History of Eusebius (320 A.D.) do we come across it. This is the same Eusebius who said that it is lawful to lie and cheat for the cause of Christ: "I have repeated whatever may rebound to the glory, and suppressed all that could tend to the disgrace of our religion" (Chp. 31, Book 12 of Prae Paratio Evangelica).(4) The early Christian fathers such as Justin Martyr, Tertullian, Clement of Alexandria, and Origen were acquainted with what Josephus wrote and it seems reasonable to conclude that they would have quoted this passage had it existed. Apparently Eusebius was the first to use it because it didn't exist during the 2nd and 3rd centuries. Chrysostom often referred to Josephus and it's highly unlikely he would have omitted the paragraph had it been extant. Photius did not quote the text though he had three articles concerning Josephus and even expressly stated that Josephus, being a Jew, had not taken the least notice of Christ.(5) Neither Justin in his dialogue with Trypho, the Jew, nor Origen against Celsus ever mentioned this passage. Neither Tertullian nor Cyprian ever quoted Josephus as a witness in their controversies with Jews and pagans and Origen expressly stated that Josephus, who had mentioned John the Baptist, did not recognize Jesus as the messiah (Contra Celsum, I, 47).(6) The famous historian Gibbon claims the passage is a forgery as do many theologians.(7) The passage interrupts the narrative. Immediately before it Josephus tells of a rising of the Jews due to bitter feeling at the conduct of Pilate, and its bloody suppression by the ruling power. The words immediately following the passage are: "Also about this time another misfortune befell the Jews" and we are told of the expulsion of the Jews from Rome by Tiberius on account of the conduct of some of their compatriots. What is the connection between the reference to Jesus and these two narratives? That there must be some connection if Josephus wrote the passage about Jesus goes without saying in view of the character of the writer. Josephus was always careful to have a logical connection between his statements and from a rational standpoint there is no occasion whatever to put the passage about Jesus in the connection in which we find it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min waaasssuuup 31,514
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min kent 687,401
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Wisdom of Ages 6,493
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 2 hr HFCS - What It Is 2
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 7 hr Doctor REALITY 31
News Abortion issue looms over Supreme Court choice (May '09) 8 hr Ricky F 2,335
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 8 hr Ricky F 39,263
More from around the web