“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#675759 Nov 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
If I hear footsteps and a towel dropping I will just start running and dropping lotions and cucumbers behind me to slow him down!
I guess I have to go buy some now. I will keep them in a little bag labeled "Catcher Repellent"
LOL
Haha!

His great, ethnically diverse, naked man-friends won't like that...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#675760 Nov 24, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Christians say it is the Holy Spirit but to me it is all the same nonsense.
I don't know why you think I would care

And as for believers, if they did believe and weren't simply using it for political propaganda, the Bible is clear they can fall away and not be covered by the sacrifice.

Hebrews 10:26
26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,

Hebrews 6:4-6
"For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Spirit, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the age to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance, seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put Him to an open shame."

2Peter 2:20-22
"For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire."

So what is your point about Hitler? Who cares? Either he wasn't really a believer or he was and fell away

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#675761 Nov 24, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread is not about beating off RR. It is an opportunity that with God you can do the impossible and prove that such an impossible being actually exists.
I think you are beating off way too much and it clouds your perception of what this discussion is about.
We weren't talking about beating off.

Typing with one hand again?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#675762 Nov 24, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you doing, changing people's posts to make yourself look better?
Jesus wants you to lie for him, does he?
If the biblicists don't lie they can't hold their religion together, it becomes just another dog and pony show.

The unscientific aspect of biblical teachings is also shown in the fact that many mythological creatures are spoken of as if they were, in fact, real. The manner in which they are described and the context within which this occurs show biblical writers felt they actually existed. Some of the prominent examples are:

cockatrices (Jer. 8:17, Isa. 11:8 59:5),
unicorns (Deut. 33:17, Psalms 22:21. 29:6, Job 39:9-10),
satyrs (Isa. 34:14, 13:21)
fiery serpents (Num. 21:6),
and flying serpents (Isa. 14:29, 30:6).

Location hidden

#675763 Nov 24, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>

EDITED FOR SPACE

The world's language didn't evolve but appeared suddenly (Gen. 11:6-9; and
A fetus can understand speech (Luke 1:44).
Some statements are so vague that apologists can often evade dilemmas by creative rationalizations. As Ingersoll said: "If the holy writer uses general terms, an ingenious theologian can harmonize a seemingly preposterous statement with the most obdurate fact.(Ingersoll's Works, Vol. 5, p. 37). For instance, Gen. 1:7-8 says: "And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament;... And god called the firmament Heaven." Realizing the scientific implausibility inherent in this narration, some apologists attempt to portray the firmament as nothing more than the atmosphere separating the moist clouds above from the oceans below.
*Some biblical allegations are not only erroneous but have been fatal to their adherents.
For instance, Mark16:17-18 says: "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils;.... They shall take up serpents and if they drink any deadly thing it shall not hurt them.".
Any book claiming a woman turned into a pillar of salt (Gen. 19:26), the sun went backward 10 degrees on the sundial (2 Kings 20:11), and quails came from the sea (Num. 11:31) is going to have great difficulty demonstrating its scientific precision to any reasonably scientific mind.
I won't be responding to any more plagirized posts

In fact, you have demonstrated your personal knowledge is very poor and i see little reason to continue in general

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#675764 Nov 24, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>What do you expect from an asshat who admitted, "The truth does not serve my purpose."?
It makes me wonder what prescriptions he's taking.:}
Prov. 6:16 says, "there are 6 things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him" and the 19th verse says one of these is, "...a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#675765 Nov 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, as usual.
When my dog wants a treat, I require that he first sit.
No sit, no treat.
My dog is smart.
He sits, and gets his treat.
You? Not so smart.
But there's more. As you know, the Catcher white sheet is sometimes drawn on posters. Once it's drawn, the poster, to me, no longer exists. I have resisted a recurrent urge to drop it on you. Don't ask me why. But I can no longer resist the urge. In your case, my problem is that I have determined you have serious mental disturbances, and you are, in effect, non compos mentis. For those who like country music, this means not of sound mind. For those who like Toby Keith music, it means cuckoo.
Catcher white sheet drops.
He's not wrong, he quoted you verbatim.

"As soon as you, or Thing Two, reposts the last statement of my long-ago post that Thing Two has cited."

I did as you asked.

And you didn't keep up your end of the bargain.

What are you afraid of, Catch?

And how can I get that bitchy white sheet dropped on me? Is love it if I no longer existed to you.

Location hidden

#675767 Nov 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha!
His great, ethnically diverse, naked man-friends won't like that...
I think the whole thing is hilarious

Not just because every day he decides to try messing with me again and goes just like the day before but he is supposedly a Harvard attorney. Yet he can't answer us a simple question that we have asked hi repeatedly. And we know he doesn't mind lying. So how weird must the answer be that he can't even think of a way to answer it after all this time? We know he isn't gay. He even has a kid. So it is a curious thing why that was such a point of interest to him. I guess he is just gonna leave us guessing!

Although I hate to disagree but I think his man-buds would like it. Not only it keeps him loyal to their company if he can't catch anyone else but he will have all sorts of extra cucumbers and lotion to share!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#675768 Nov 24, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text> Hypocrite.
pot/kettle

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#675769 Nov 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He's always been weird.
pot/kettle

Location hidden

#675770 Nov 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, as usual.
When my dog wants a treat, I require that he first sit.
No sit, no treat.
My dog is smart.
He sits, and gets his treat.
You? Not so smart.
But there's more. As you know, the Catcher white sheet is sometimes drawn on posters. Once it's drawn, the poster, to me, no longer exists. I have resisted a recurrent urge to drop it on you. Don't ask me why. But I can no longer resist the urge. In your case, my problem is that I have determined you have serious mental disturbances, and you are, in effect, non compos mentis. For those who like country music, this means not of sound mind. For those who like Toby Keith music, it means cuckoo.
Catcher white sheet drops.
LOL

Again, you simply lied and broke your word again

"I'll be happy to answer.
As soon as you, or Thing Two, reposts the last statement of my long-ago post that Thing Two has cited.
Just the last statement.
Then I'll have what I need in order to respond."

And maybe you get some guys to sit for cucumbers and lotions or by telling them they are just being bashful but you have me confused with one of your spa buddies

And the dorky refer to himself is first person Catcher White Sheet? LOL, oh no! But that doesn't explain why didn't answer the last 12 times you were asked or the excuses you made in here. I know you plan it to save face but you already gave goofy excuses and broke your word so it is obvious why you aren't answering

And as for that white sheet, was it black before you brought it into the sauna?

~snicker

Location hidden

#675771 Nov 24, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
He posted his objective and impartial observation of what you posted. I have to agree with it as 99% of what you post is nothing more than posturing and petty bickering with a sprinkling of false accusations.
You plagiarized all those posts and I linked it and proved it

What false accusations?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#675772 Nov 24, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Well, the Holy Bible says that the Lord Jesus Christ created everything on earth and in the universe.
Why did Jesus create evil, disease, hunger, starvation, rape, murder etc. Why the polio virus. I have a cousin who suffered polio, why did Jesus do that to her she was just a child.

Do you know that children's song, Jesus loves all the little children of the world, black and white, etc.

If Jesus loves them why does he let 50,000 of them die each day from disease and starvation?

Can you imagine if Jesus hated them?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#675773 Nov 24, 2013
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
thnx for sharing your fantasy
try using more then 3% of your brain next time
I believe that 3% is about what the average Christian uses of his brain refusing to accept that with training it is possible to use more. Good post.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#675774 Nov 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank God.
God does not exist therefore God has nothing to do with the fact that I recognize my lack of perfection and ability to make errors.

As usual you avoided dealing with the fact that you claim the Bible is perfect and error free just like this God you allege exists.

The bat is a bird (Lev. 11:19, Deut. 14:11, 18);

Tell me again why the bat is a bird.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#675775 Nov 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, yeah you sure showed me!
Yes, I did. But there is nothing funny about it.

Just like there is nothing funny about teaching children that the earth rests on pillars.

The earth rests on pillars (1 Sam. 2:8);

Or the sun went backwards in the sky.

The sun went backward 10 degrees on the sundial (2 Kings 20:11)

Or that eating shit and drinking piss is normal.

2 Kings 18:27, " ...that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?"

Is that really something you teach to children in Sunday School?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#675776 Nov 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
If I hear footsteps and a towel dropping I will just start running and dropping lotions and cucumbers behind me to slow him down!
I guess I have to go buy some now. I will keep them in a little bag labeled "Catcher Repellent"
LOL
That explains it then, that's how your lipstick got on the cucumber!
You left a trail of practice cucumbers for him to follow.
Are you sure you were trying to get away?
You should stop flirting with him.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#675778 Nov 24, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>'There is no God'?! Only because He doesn't live in your heart and soul. And that's because you are a child of Beelzebub the Wicked One!!
GOD: "Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys" (1 Sam. 15:3).

Can you find a verse where God does something kind and decent? You know, a "boy scout" kind of act?

Waiting, waiting, waiting,...

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#675779 Nov 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know why you think I would care
I know you do not care, no one cares what the Bible says, sure some of you simple minded pew warmers pretend you care but that is just on Sundays, the rest of the week most of you behave like normal people. Sure there are some extreme members of your invisible friend cult who pretend all week, but thank goodness they are few and far between.

You do not trust or believe the Bible and neither do I. See we have something in common.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#675780 Nov 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>So no matter what someone posts instead of replying about anything in their post you just ask them that question because they are in this room?
Um...ok
I didn't realize that was the role you took on. That you ask any poster that comes in if they can prove God exists. Has anybody told you they can prove it?
And as you can clearly see most conversations on Topix don't stay on topic. How many times can someone discuss providing proof for something that can't be proven? It seems rather silly for someone to want to discuss nothing but that. But you made it clear you were not interested in why I think that is. Had I known before you had no interest in anything else someone has to say then obviously I would not have explained my position. You are the first person on Topix I have run into that cut things off because it expanded past the title of the room.
A lot of people have come to this discussion and said, quite seriously and earnestly, that they can prove god exists. They tend to not stay around very long when people start asking about their "proof."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Dr_Zorderz 267,563
Do white girls like Hispanic guys? (Girls who a... (Jan '14) 22 min lexi 15
sexy hot chats 25 min heythere 8
Are afghans and turks white? (May '09) 25 min Zalah 423
contagion what ails the system (Oct '08) 40 min MakeworldPeaceUi... 740
Keystone pipeline wins Senate vote in victory f... 54 min MakeworldPeaceUi... 11
body to body massage abu-dhabi.massage at abu d... (May '13) 1 hr amir 63
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 568,577
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Ugly Truth from ... 607,283
Scientific proof for God's existence 1 hr eyeful 642
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 22 hr Ntakudyaunya 12
More from around the web