Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#676133 Nov 26, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. Just an attempt to kick start the flood of money back into the Vatican coffers by throwing a few scraps to the chumps afflicted with a god-need. I will grudgingly admit the new pope knows how sell to this crap. Kissing that derelict with the skin tumors was pure genius. Blech. It would take six months of therapy before I could even think about solid food again had I done that.
I guess he has something you haven't.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#676134 Nov 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess he has something you haven't.
Maybe so... I guess kissing pus is an acquired taste, huh?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#676135 Nov 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>This place is a paradise compared to all the other planets, the only hell that exists here is the one that humans cause themselves or dish out to others. You can choose to call this place heaven just as easily as you can choose to call it hell. Funny how you choose hell. You are welcome to try life somewhere else to see the irrationality of that choice.
i've been to uranus and trust me, the place is a pit!

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#676136 Nov 26, 2013
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
Just think about it for a minute - if there was a god, how would someone begin to prove that it was a god (as opposed to some sort of alien poser for instance)?
Define "a god" first (including how to test that it really, truly is a god).
Then you can ask about proving there is or isn't one.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#676137 Nov 26, 2013
Berserker wrote:
<quoted text>
This palce, this hellish planet that we choose to come back to again and again...thi is the hell. Not somewhere beneath the earth or on some other plane of existence. We choose this place to experience all that is bad. If all e knew was bliss and nothing else, then how would we know it?
God sent peices of himself and gave these peices all the power tht he himself has, for he is all their is and there is nothing else. We are all a part of this one God.
So, like God these peices of God have unlimited choices and infinite possibilies and God is experiencing these all at once in the ever present now! Eventualy we will merge with the creator and once again experience all that there is through his creations or many aspects of himself.
Go on...

Location hidden

#676138 Nov 26, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ehm…
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.(Isaiah 45:7, KJV)
Perfect response!
The bible is full stuff that either makes no sense or disagrees with itself.
Some of the bible sounds weird.
Some of it sounds very nice and wonderful.
The problem is that too many people wrote the different books and they didn't always agree with each other on meanings (they probably never even considered the problem of contradicting each other actually).
I am pretty sure that is why there are so many different Christian denominations - each one focusing on the pieces of the story they prefer.

Location hidden

#676139 Nov 26, 2013
kmsoileau wrote:
<quoted text>
"the universe is determistic" (sic) And you know this, how?
I don't "know this," I am suggesting that *if* a god exists like the one described by the bible, the universe must be deterministic. If everything is known and can be changed, then all events are willed by god.

Location hidden

#676140 Nov 26, 2013
kmsoileau wrote:
<quoted text>
Similarly, the idea that the Newton's Laws of Motion will continue in force in the future can be dismissed out of hand until such time that *any* credible proof is found for it.
:D
BTW, the fact that the laws have held in the past is not "proof" that they will continue to do so.
Now you're just being silly. What does this have to do with the resurrection story? Also - yeah, one of the central assumptions of modern science is that the laws are universal... what's your point?

Location hidden

#676141 Nov 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What if they are known, can be influenced, but are not influenced?
<quoted text>
No.
"It doesn't matter" because it's devastating to your argument.
No, it's not. It is irrelevant to my argument. If everything is known, and everything can be changed, then everything is willed by god. If it wasn't his will, it wouldn't happen.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#676142 Nov 26, 2013
ChristineM wrote:

Ehm…
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.(Isaiah 45:7, KJV)
Six_Of_One wrote:
Perfect response!
A mistranslation is perfect?

Lol

The KJV is a medieval translation, full of errors.

It's no wonder atheists love it so much.

That verse reads as such:

I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord, do all these things.

Location hidden

#676143 Nov 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, timn.
You think that God allows you to go to hell.
Admit then, that God allowed you that raise at work.
Go.
If he is as described by the bible, then everything that happens, good and bad, is his will. And if this is the case, then you have to wonder why he allows such horrible things to happen to his "loved ones." Mysteriousness?

Location hidden

#676144 Nov 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
ChristineM wrote:
Ehm…
<quoted text>
Lol
I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord, do all these things.
Where exactly did you go to read the original hand-written verse to be certain?

Location hidden

#676145 Nov 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not on a Prove There's an Allah thread, dude.
I don't debate with Muslims on the existence of their god.
I don't believe in Allah no more than I believe Captain Kirk is a real man.
But you and your kind? Oh , y'all spend day in and day out debating a god you say you don't believe in.
Imagine that.
This is "prove there's a god," not "prove the christian god." I understand that your insular world view forces you to believe that the word "god" always refers to the christian god, so it's ok.

Anyways, for the millionth time, I tend to talk about christianity because there are mostly christians here. If there were more muslims, you would see more talk about allah,

Location hidden

#676146 Nov 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh wow.
You don't believe the Bible.
You believe Ben.
Huh...
No, I don't believe an ancient holy book which makes utterly outrageous claims.

Location hidden

#676147 Nov 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You are confused. Quantum particle behavior has nothing to with conscious choices in the human mind.
Quantum particles and their fields have no "option" to behave any other way than they do. We do. We can rely on quantum behavior to be predictable, otherwise, the Haldron Collider would never have been built. Humans, on the other hand, are not predictable, regardless of being a product of quantum particles.
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/determinism...
Consciousness itself is not a physical thing, yet it rides the waves of our minds.
I wasn't talking about casual determinism, I was using the word in a more general sense. Perhaps it wasn't the best word choice - predestination is better.

Location hidden

#676148 Nov 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really....
You know there's more evidence for Jesus Christ than for Julius Caesar?
I bet you didn't.
So we have coins with jesus's face on them?

Location hidden

#676149 Nov 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
ChristineM wrote:
Ehm…
<quoted text>
Lol
I assume you did the translation yourself?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#676150 Nov 26, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>If he is as described by the bible, then everything that happens, good and bad, is his will. And if this is the case, then you have to wonder why he allows such horrible things to happen to his "loved ones." Mysteriousness?
NOPE.

Stop it.

You readily admit that God sends people to hell.

Admit that God helps people prosper, too.

Go.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#676151 Nov 26, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>This is "prove there's a god," not "prove the christian god." I understand that your insular world view forces you to believe that the word "god" always refers to the christian god, so it's ok.
Anyways, for the millionth time, I tend to talk about christianity because there are mostly christians here. If there were more muslims, you would see more talk about allah,
Oh, I see.

And you're forced to come here to debate "whatever god" is being discussed...

huh...

That's strange. I don't find myself in a pink unicorn thread, arguing with it's believers.

But you find yourself here.

Imagine that.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#676152 Nov 26, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>So we have coins with jesus's face on them?
In 2,000 years, someone might find coins with Chuck E. Cheese's face on them.

That'd be proof of Chuck E. Cheese's existence, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Faculty of Dentistry, Dalhousie University Hal... 14 min Case File 1
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 33 min Grunt56 223,082
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 42 min science is god 88,515
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr PadMark 703,824
Are women from USA scared of marriage? 6 hr stupdwmen 20
Are Ukraine women naturally prideful? 6 hr stupdwmen 4
I'm making a dating blog. Any advice? 6 hr stupdwmen 3