Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#675994 Nov 25, 2013
http://biblehub.com/acts/14-19.htm

http://biblehub.com/acts/14-20.htm

I'm not up on the Bible much. I didn't know Paul was stoned and left for dead. In fact they dragged him and left him for dead.

But he was up and about soon after.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#675995 Nov 25, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah- I've heard of it.
If you claim one can't FIRST be born a religion, then how can one be BORN a religion "again"?
No- what is idiotic is the STUPID phrase "born again".
OMG what?!

Being born again has to do with a spiritual rebirth.

It comes from Jesus, our Lord:

"Truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God without being born again."

I'll take His word over yours, if you don't mind.

In the interim, I suggest you check your googlers for "born again Christian", since you obviously have no idea what it means.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#675996 Nov 25, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah- "What" is right- coming from YOUR gaping maw, you mental midget.
No- I will NOT drop it until I feel like it and if I don't feel like it, I will NOT drop it.
How about YOU man up and admit you were WRONG to think that "hubris" means self-confidence since that is not at ALL what it means, you arrogant turd?
I never said that is "not at ALL what it means", did I?

It DOES mean self-confidence.

And you're arguing that with me?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#675997 Nov 25, 2013
OCB wrote:
Ummm....what IS that "something", you MORON????
You don't know the meaning of "something" but you wanna ejumacate me?!

LMAO!

something:
a thing that is unspecified or unknown.

Happy?

Did ya learn?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#675998 Nov 25, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Your Jesus should care.
So thanks for letting me know that to you, your Jesus doesn't count.
Of course, given how "liberally" you CRAP all over your Jesus every single day, that your Jesus doesn't count to you (as someone waiting for me to be convinced) it comes as no surprise that you're still CRAPPING all over the Jesus YOU believe in.
Silly douche.

By "no one cares", of course I mean no one on Topix.

You knew that, you're just being a douche.

Knock it off.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#675999 Nov 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that is "not at ALL what it means", did I?
It DOES mean self-confidence.
And you're arguing that with me?
No argument because you're dead wrong.

Hubris does NOT mean self-confidence.

It means ARROGANCE.

But now I realize you don't understand that self-confidence and arrogance are not the same thing.

End of discussion, you ARROGANT moron- whose very posts SCREAM just how lacking in self-confidence you are.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#676000 Nov 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know the meaning of "something" but you wanna ejumacate me?!
LMAO!
something:
a thing that is unspecified or unknown.
Happy?
Did ya learn?
OMG- I ASKED you what that "something" is that you claim intellectuals think is better than beer and sex.

YOU are the one who said "something"; now you're claiming that "something" is unspecified or unknown?

So you prove once again just how much you love talking out of your a@@, you a@@.

Of COURSE I know the meaning of the word "something"; again- what IS that "something" you think intellectuals think is better than beer and sex?????

You make a statement like that, yet you have NO clue as to what the "something" is which you referred to?

Hush up, RR.

You're wading thigh deep in BS now and the smell is overpowering.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#676001 Nov 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly douche.
By "no one cares", of course I mean no one on Topix.
You knew that, you're just being a douche.
Knock it off.
You smell like your wife's used douche after she cleans herself from having been with you.

And no- I did NOT know that- I'm not a mind reader.

YOU said "no one cares"- you did NOT specify who those "no ones" are.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#676002 Nov 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG what?!
Being born again has to do with a spiritual rebirth.
It comes from Jesus, our Lord:
"Truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God without being born again."
I'll take His word over yours, if you don't mind.
In the interim, I suggest you check your googlers for "born again Christian", since you obviously have no idea what it means.
YOUR Jesus is NOT "MY" lord, you dickweed.

And yeah- I KNOW what "born again" means- like I said, it's a STUPID phrase befitting of buffoons like you.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#676003 Nov 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Anabapsist"?
I'm unfamiliar with that word and can therefore not answer your retarded question.
Carrion.
You are still proving you are a moron.

The anabaptist movement of the 16th cent. AD believed in adult baptism. They were persecuted by the Catholic Church including a few thousand of them burned at the stake as heretics.

In the USA, the Amish, Mennonites and Hutterites are the largest representations of the continuation of that doctrine.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#676004 Nov 25, 2013
OCB wrote:
No argument
End of discussion
See?

Prayers DO get answered!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#676005 Nov 25, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Not necessarily true.
"The Bible was not written in one specific year or in a single location. The Bible is a collection of writings, and the earliest ones were set down nearly 3500 years ago. So let's start at the beginning of this fascinating story."...
Nope. The Bible was created circa 350 AD and its oldest content is based on the Babylonian Masoretic Torah. The Israelites (AKA Samaritans) as well as Muslims ague (and rightfully so) that the Babylonian Masoretic Torah is a distorted version of the original Hebrew Torah.

The earliest extant copy of the is in the Dead Sea Scrolls and is carbon dated to about 250 BC.

You can argue that the tradition dates back to Sumerian mythology but that is NOT what is in the Bible no more than one can say the the LOTR is ancient Teutonic mythology.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#676006 Nov 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot reason with Ben, OCB.
But I commend you for trying.
That you commend me is meaningless to me.

And I disagree with you 100% that one cannot reason with Ben.

Ben is a VERY reasonable person; you just don't like that he is and that he slams you down with pretty much every single post of his to you.

Like me and many others here, Ben has your number, RR.

Not really hard to do, considering how you are of such LOW caliber.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#676007 Nov 25, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The anabaptist movement of the 16th cent. AD believed in adult baptism. They were persecuted by the Catholic Church including a few thousand of them burned at the stake as heretics.
In the USA, the Amish, Mennonites and Hutterites are the largest representations of the continuation of that doctrine.
"Heaven" forbid that RR googled it himself; can't have that because that might result in RR actually LEARNING something!

It's really something how RR displays his incredible willful ignorance and intellectual laziness year after year, month after month, week after week, day after day, hour after hour, minute after minute, second after second......

Bad enough that RR is as willfully ignorant and as intellectually lazy as he is; that is made even worse by how PROUDLY he displays that willful ignorance and intellectual laziness.

How "proud" the authors of the bible would be of RR- he is quite the "success" in the authors realizing their motivation given how ignorant RR is.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#676008 Nov 25, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. The Bible was created circa 350 AD and its oldest content is based on the Babylonian Masoretic Torah. The Israelites (AKA Samaritans) as well as Muslims ague (and rightfully so) that the Babylonian Masoretic Torah is a distorted version of the original Hebrew Torah.
The earliest extant copy of the is in the Dead Sea Scrolls and is carbon dated to about 250 BC.
You can argue that the tradition dates back to Sumerian mythology but that is NOT what is in the Bible no more than one can say the the LOTR is ancient Teutonic mythology.
I won't argue this with you Ben- it's just not worth it.....

The point is not how old the OT or NT is; to me, the point is that they are BOTH nothing more than books of fairy tales and parables written to keep the masses as fearful and as ignorant as possible.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#676010 Nov 25, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>YOUR Jesus is NOT "MY" lord, you dickweed.
And yeah- I KNOW what "born again" means- like I said, it's a STUPID phrase befitting of buffoons like you.
Jesus is everyone's Lord.

You just haven't figured it out yet.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#676011 Nov 25, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.

Well you said "Anabapsist", so.....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#676012 Nov 25, 2013
OCB wrote:
That you commend me is meaningless to me.
And I disagree with you 100% that one cannot reason with Ben.
Ben is a VERY reasonable person; you just don't like that he is and that he slams you down with pretty much every single post of his to you.
Like me and many others here, Ben has your number, RR.
Not really hard to do, considering how you are of such LOW caliber.
OCB wrote:

Ben is a VERY reasonable person
Input error.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#676013 Nov 25, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I won't argue this with you Ben- it's just not worth it.....
OCB wrote:

Ben is a VERY reasonable person
Uh-huh...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#676014 Nov 25, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Your Jesus should care.
So thanks for letting me know that to you, your Jesus doesn't count.
Of course, given how "liberally" you CRAP all over your Jesus every single day, that your Jesus doesn't count to you (as someone waiting for me to be convinced) it comes as no surprise that you're still CRAPPING all over the Jesus YOU believe in.
Christianity has nothing to do with Jesus.

It is all about Paul.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Buck Crick 49,022
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Regina 646,725
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 10 min RiccardoFire 44,704
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 29 min Brian_G 445,727
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 51 min Brian_G 21
US EPA - Mass Poisoning of Population Via Drin... 1 hr HiddnNumbrz 1
Bring back thd human sexuality forum? 1 hr xdressgay 4
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Annaleigh 105,636
I want to watch my wife flirt and get picked up... (Aug '12) Jun 26 Tboyslick125 151
More from around the web