Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#675903 Nov 25, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You made the claim in several previous posts. Only in the one in question did you question
That is truth as described in the Tanakh, the book from which your OT was “selectively” copied from. Factual truth is not hate, you only see it as hate because it is the history of you babble that you choose to ignore.
Curious.

You spell Tanakh properly, even capitalize it.

Why do you not do the same for the Bible?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#675904 Nov 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are.
That's evidenced by your lack of understanding and your intentional misinterpretation of the Bible.
"You are all gods" comes to mind, you've totally taken that out of context and incorrectly and you refuse to admit it.
(feel free to erase most of this post, as you usually do)
Thank you for once again proving that your religion is that of lying scumbags.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#675905 Nov 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Another example of the deceitful POS scumbag you are. Are you too stupid or lazy to read your own post right above mine ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#675906 Nov 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hhhhmmmm....i wonder if God considers taking sides with witches/antichrists/blasphemer es against His people promoting His Gospel as 'good works'.....
If God exists, it certainly hates you.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#675907 Nov 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious.
You spell Tanakh properly, even capitalize it.
Why do you not do the same for the Bible?
It is spelled TaNaKh.

More proof you are a moron.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#675908 Nov 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hubris is confidence, my dear. Self-confidence.
WRONG.
At best, it is EXAGGERATED self-confidence.

Hubris is ARROGANCE and in your case, it is arrogance born of your LACK of self-confidence.

hu·bris (hybrs) also hy·bris (h-)
n.
Overbearing pride or presumption; arrogance

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hubris

Now argue with the dictionary or else tell me the dictionary is wrong and that you are right.

Go.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#675909 Nov 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
7,863 is 'fewer than' 5,000?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Gett...
Do you not know how to read or do you just not click on links or do you just not pay attention to what you read?

Of the defeated side, 4,708 were killed.

What YOU did was add the numbers for BOTH sides.

I can readily believe you did it DELIBERATELY and didn't think anyone else would notice.

Either that, or you don't know how to read what you're reading-assuming you actually read it to begin with.

So yes, 4,708 IS less than 5,000.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#675910 Nov 25, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You really took my comment to heart. Obviously, I didn't mean ALL people who use spellcheck are lazy nor did I say that ALL people who use it are lazy.
Next- just because a story is a work of fiction that doesn't mean we can't learn from it.
If you read the story, then you would appreciate the irony of it- that there was only man left in the world who could do multiplication in his HEAD with no need for computers to help him.
And you are dead WRONG to say I mocked your disability. You are SO wrong as to being very close to LYING in accusing me of such.
I wasn't even THINKING of YOU when I posted MY opinion about spellcheck.
I'm not stamping my feet and I don't have sloped shoulders, thank you very much.
And I did not call YOU lazy in ANY way.
I stand by what I said about 2=2=4- that we SHOULD know that without having to use a calculator to learn that and in ADDITION- sorry it bothers you that I elaborated in a future post- how dare I DO such a thing!-in addition, we should know WHY 2+2=4.
Normally, I enjoy your posts and you bring much to this thread that is productive and enlightening.
But- you have a real bug up your arse about something I did not say or even imply; that being that YOU personally are lazy.
I am well aware of your dyslexia and perhaps you spend too much time dwelling on it yourself in addition to thinking generalized comments are about YOU or directed at YOU.
My comments in NO way were said with ANY intention to mock you or your disability nor were my comments directed to you PERSONALLY.
I also told you more than once that I was sorry that you took offense at my comment and that no offense was at all intended.
You don't want to believe me? That's your choice. But that's also YOUR problem- not MINE.
Get OVER it, dear.
Sorry if I have upset you however you said what you said, there is no argument with that, it is written in black and white. However I cannot be bothered back tracking to the post in which you accused spell check users as being lazy and confirmed it several times with your posts to Dave.

What you stand by and what you actually said are perhaps two different things and a totally irrelevant attempt at obfuscation.

Honey, the bug up my a$$ as you so eloquently put it is in fact the simple matter of telling you how it is for the people who don’t have your magic ability to read and spell correctly. Again sorry if you think that’s “upset” or you don’t like being told that fact of life. Yes it was a generalised comment and it generally implied that people without your magic ability were lazy. I do not have that ability, as at least 10% of the population do not, you insulted that 10% but seem unable to comprehend the insult you issued.

Do not ever attempt to dictate to me what I dwell on, when someone abuses any form of disability I will question that person, if that questioning hurts then tough, in your “condescending” words - Get OVER it, dear.

Yet it seems to be that you are tripping over yourself to give explanations.‘Methinks thou doth protest too much’ comes to mind. You had your say, I had mine, I don’t know about you but I am adult enough to say that’s then end of it… however…

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#675911 Nov 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

BenAdam wrote:
Another example of the deceitful POS scumbag you are. Are you too stupid or lazy to read your own post right above mine ?
Lol

You DID erase most of the post.....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#675912 Nov 25, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
It is spelled TaNaKh.
More proof you are a moron.
As if any more proof was needed.....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#675913 Nov 25, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG.
At best, it is EXAGGERATED self-confidence.
Hubris is ARROGANCE and in your case, it is arrogance born of your LACK of self-confidence.
hu·bris (hybrs) also hy·bris (h-)
n.
Overbearing pride or presumption; arrogance
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hubris
Now argue with the dictionary or else tell me the dictionary is wrong and that you are right.
Go.
That's what I said.

Thanks!

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#675914 Nov 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Typo: make that "he *can* scorn".
sigh
I'll probably make more editing errors after the hard night I had lastnight. I don't think I got a whole hour's sleep all night. The power kept going out right after I drifted off and then I woke up freezing and stressing until it came back on. I gotta get an emergency backup heater before winter advances much further. Geez, and this so soon after not sleeping all night Friday. Everything looks a little fuzzy around the edges and a cup of hot cocoa sounds good about now, or not, going back to bed is very tempting...
Poor baby, wish I was there to keep you warm and the bad things away.

That was/is a nasty blast of cold that just went through.

A cold house is no fun. Those ventless heaters with propane would be a good backup. Just pay attention to the ventilation issue. DO get a carbon monoxide detector. I installed one in my spa room and have a length of air duct running from a vent to the outside and to underneath the heater. Gives outside air to the heater and the room, but isn't a draft. Doesn't burn eyes or anything. Dryer duct or even better a section of insulated air duct will work.

My ex-housemate lost natural gas for a couple of weeks a few years ago in NM. In 18 BELOW weather. Keep propane handy.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#675915 Nov 25, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry if I have upset you however you said what you said, there is no argument with that, it is written in black and white. However I cannot be bothered back tracking to the post in which you accused spell check users as being lazy and confirmed it several times with your posts to Dave.
What you stand by and what you actually said are perhaps two different things and a totally irrelevant attempt at obfuscation.
Honey, the bug up my a$$ as you so eloquently put it is in fact the simple matter of telling you how it is for the people who don’t have your magic ability to read and spell correctly. Again sorry if you think that’s “upset” or you don’t like being told that fact of life. Yes it was a generalised comment and it generally implied that people without your magic ability were lazy. I do not have that ability, as at least 10% of the population do not, you insulted that 10% but seem unable to comprehend the insult you issued.
Do not ever attempt to dictate to me what I dwell on, when someone abuses any form of disability I will question that person, if that questioning hurts then tough, in your “condescending” words - Get OVER it, dear.
Yet it seems to be that you are tripping over yourself to give explanations.‘Methinks thou doth protest too much’ comes to mind. You had your say, I had mine, I don’t know about you but I am adult enough to say that’s then end of it… however…
You didn't upset me- and honestly, I just scrolled through this post of yours.

I'm done with this as for the LAST time- get it through your head that I meant NO offense, my comments were NOT directed at YOU or at ANYONE specifically, and yes- I stand by them but if it makes you feel better, I'll amend my comments slightly:

In the MAJORITY of cases, MOST people use spellcheck because they are LAZY and because it is EASIER to use spellcheck than to be "bothered" to use one's BRAIN to figure out how a word is spelled.

I realize that for those who have dyslexia, it is quite an invaluable tool and understandably so.

I did NOT mock YOU or any DISABILITY and that you keep insisting I did; well, you know what that makes YOU Christine? A LIAR.

As I really despise LIARS, there is NO point in you posting to me again but of course that is your choice and your right to do so; however, I will not respond.

PS- I don't have any "magic ability" to read and spell correctly; I just happen to possess a great love of language and words and respect for language and words, so I make it a POINT to be very conscientious about using proper spelling, punctuation and grammar.

So take your snide remarks and SHOVE 'em, dear.

I'm sure Catcher won't mind me borrowing his white sheet; it has just come down on YOU.

Feh.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#675916 Nov 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor baby, wish I was there to keep you warm and the bad things away.
That was/is a nasty blast of cold that just went through.
A cold house is no fun. Those ventless heaters with propane would be a good backup. Just pay attention to the ventilation issue. DO get a carbon monoxide detector. I installed one in my spa room and have a length of air duct running from a vent to the outside and to underneath the heater. Gives outside air to the heater and the room, but isn't a draft. Doesn't burn eyes or anything. Dryer duct or even better a section of insulated air duct will work.
My ex-housemate lost natural gas for a couple of weeks a few years ago in NM. In 18 BELOW weather. Keep propane handy.

That looks like a great little backup.

I have a 30,000 Mr. Heater for that large spa room that is pretty good quality and doesn't work too hard.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#675917 Nov 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I said.
Thanks!
No.....that is NOT what you said. You said "hubris" is self-confidence.

It's NOT and EXAGGERATED self-confidence is UNFOUNDED self-confidence.

No, RR- you're just an arrogant fool with an over-inflated yet remarkably fragile ego.

You LACK the confidence you have DELUDED yourself into thinking you possess.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#675918 Nov 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't "allow" you to go to hell no more than He "allows" you to sleep in or not.
You make your own choices all through life.
What you do in life echoes in eternity.
There ya go

Saves me the time

He is still blaming God. Blames God for not intervening and taking over man's mind to stop him from sinning instead of just accepting the obvious and that is individuals are responsible for their own actions

And now he is blaming God for people not who willingly choose to reject Him. Or live a life of unrepentant sin

Location hidden

#675919 Nov 25, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>That "someone" is not a god, and that someone did not create everything. It's not just knowing the future, it is knowing it, after having created it, while having the power to change it. We aren't talking about a simple psychic here.
God could change the future

Man would still have free-will though

That was the point all along

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#675920 Nov 25, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
ChristineM wrote:
No difference what so ever, why do you make claims that you have no hope of proving?
<quoted text>
ChristineM wrote: There you go again with the accusations of hate. What makes you think making a comment that you don’t like means the commentor hates? Sound like case of guilty conscience with a hint of a case of pot kettle and black.
<quoted text>
To continue ...
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like you hate intellectuals. Is it because we’re smarter than you? Or is it because you fundie christians just like to hate?
I don’t think it’s intellectuals he hates per se, I believe it’s just the intelligence part that gets to him but he confuses the two

Location hidden

#675921 Nov 25, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I am not demanding you do anything, I asked you for your source once, and then explained to you several times why I expected one in the first place. There is a certain etiquette in these types of exchanges - if someone makes an unfounded claim, it can be dismissed out of hand unless they are willing to source it in some way. If you don't care to, whatever. But to act all incredulous that I was so bold as to ask you for a source - again, that's just you being silly.
This is what starts to drive me nuts trying to keep things civil. No matter how clear cut something is, someone won't give in inch. If you wanted to say you kept asking because you are used to other people providing it or whatever then fine. But you were pressing for me to provide proof for at least 3-4 posts when I said the first time I wasn't going ot. That is not in dispute. My incredulous response wasn't that you asked but that you kept asking

Location hidden

#675922 Nov 25, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Except, you know, for those filthy heathens that are tossed into hell for committing a thought crime. Those guys don't count. The ability to mentally fellate a narcissistic, insecure, vicious, profoundly backwards sky father is the true mark of a man.
I really do like your thought process though. God refuses to provide solid proof of his existence because then he, an omnipotent being of unfathomable intelligence, might be fooled by a few people faking their way into heaven. Better to keep things interestingly vague and thereby ensure 90% of creation will be tortured for eternity.
You must not understand my thought process then as I already explained i don't believe hell is eternal suffering for man. I believe his body and brain dies on Earth and his soul dies a second death in hell

Human life is finite. People were going to die regardless. And there isn't much room to complain God didn't give them the gift of the after0life when they didn't even believe in him. And especially no argument for those that mocked him.

People have the choice to seek God out and be saved. That's on them. Or they live and die and they would naturally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Say no to stupid 87,865
The Future of Politics in America 28 min It aint necessari... 173
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 42 min Truth-be-Told 446
Why east indians buy all the motels (Sep '09) 1 hr Enough is enough 42
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr kent 665,112
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 1 hr Caesar 5
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Pegasus 284,467
More from around the web