Prove there's a god.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#675199 Nov 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Please...
I've already posted that Mithra's birthdate is unknown.
You've offered nothing.
Here is another example as to why we can never trust a pwe warming Christ-insanity-ist reprobate:

PSALMS 02:11-12

("Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry...."--KJ, ML, NI, AS, NWT)

versus

("Serve the Lord with fear, with trembling kiss his feet, lest he be angry"--RS, JB, BBE)

versus

("...kiss the King, lest the Lord be angry"--NEB).

So what is to be kissed--the Son, his feet, or the King?

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#675200 Nov 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Your lack of seeing the reality is very christian of you.
You vision seems to be limited to a very tiny slice of the human experience.

Have you ever researched ancient Japan, China, India? Or any other place?

Location hidden

#675201 Nov 22, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah their ministers don't dare bring up the inconsistencies to be found in their bible.
I once read a quote by a minister in a protestant church who had gone to a famous theological school...the gist of it was: "If you graduate and still believed in God...then you weren't paying attention."
Excellent and exactly right. Clearly our resident Christ-insanity-ists are not paying attention.

Let us pay attention to this little inconsistency and ask ourselves if we would trust a God that would allow his followers to claim the book it comes from is perfect and with out error:

PROV. 10:6

("...but violence covereth the mouth of the wicked"--KJ, AS, NIV)

versus

(...but the mouth of the wicked conceals violence"--RS, ML, NAB, TEV, NWT, NAS, MT).

Does violence cover the mouth or does the mouth cover the violence? Which covers which?

Any of our resident Christ-insanity-ists want to try to deal with this? No, of course not, biblically ignorant cowards never want to deal with any fact or evidence that would make them see that their deeply held believes are divorced from reality.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#675202 Nov 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://anthropology.net/2007/07/16/parallel-l...
One of many accounts you can find of the natives killing natives. The Aztecs are also well known for not being real nice. Do some serious research.
Sigh.....nice avoidance tactic, Dave.

And gee- yet another Christian way- trying to minimize what the CHRISTIAN settlers did to the Native Americans by pointing out what Native Americans did to each other.

No matter WHAT they did to each other, the vast majority of the Native American population was persecuted, tortured, decimated and killed by the CHRISTIAN settlers who came to the New World.

That IS a fact and you not liking that fact makes it no LESS a fact.

YOUR religion- YOUR ancestors- YOU deal with it.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#675203 Nov 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're doubts are irrelevant.
I know me better than you know me.
Just as I know myself better than you ever could.

So your opinion of me is EXTREMELY irrelevant.

You're a bottom-feeding, sanctimonious, holier-than-thou, self-righteous "Christian" reprobate.

You may say that it just my opinion and it may be; however, it is an opinion formed based on what you say here.

Location hidden

#675204 Nov 22, 2013
PROV. 21:l2

("The righteous man wisely considereth the house of the wicked"--KJ, ML, AS, NAB, LV)

versus

("The Righteous One considereth the house of the wicked"--MT, JB, BBE, NEB, TEV, NWT, NI).

Is God or man to do the considering? Can anyone answer this?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#675205 Nov 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...
So what is your opinion on the conquest and genocide performed on the Philistines?
I'm not avoiding your question, but I can't answer it now and probably not at any point today.

Much to do and I've got to get busy with that now and then I will be busy having a wonderful weekend with my wonderful man and Topix is the LAST place I'll be.

Maybe next week I'll address this post of yours to which I am responding- simply don't have the time right now.

Location hidden

#675206 Nov 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Reverend Alan wrote:
Here is another one:
Horus c. 3000 BCE
--born of the virgin Isis-Merion December 25 in a cave/manger with his birth being announced by a star in the East and attended by three wise men.
<quoted text>
Lol
First of all, Isis wasn't a virgin, as your fellow Christian hater claimed.
Second, Horus was supposedly born during the month of Khoiak (Oct/Nov).
You'd be wise to do your own research before blindly believing him.
And of course RR we should trust your every word because you believe the Bible; a book with this contradiction in it:

MATT. 18:22

("...I say not unto thee, until 7 times; but until 70 times 7 <i.e., 490>"--KJ, RS, ML, LB, AS, BBE, NEB, NAS, NAB, TEV, LV)

versus

("...I tell you not 7 times, but 77 times"--NI, JB, NWT). There is a big difference between 490 and 77.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#675207 Nov 22, 2013
OCB wrote:
The first link may be a good source, but I'm not sure.

The second link is just a person's opinion. I can't believe you'd post it as fact.

Either way, they are both potentially untrustworthy.

It wouldn't have mattered what religion they were anyway. That you think they were Christian is moot. You can't condemn all Christians because of the possible actions of few. No more than you should hate the cops because some of them are crooked.

If you want to blame Christians for evil acts then you'd better be willing to acknowledge the good acts of the majority.

But I suspect you hate Christians and won't do that.

Go get some mental counseling and get over your hate of Christians, please.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#675208 Nov 22, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>It's really not a good idea to respond to antagonists like her and alot of others. It's only fuel for them to keep posting rude, insulting, non-knowledge-based comments. Best to just ignore them, respond to more sensible posts, and try and keep things at least a bit cordial and hopefully people like her can stop visiting this thread and create their own hate-spewing one!!!
You're right, of course.

It's hard not to react & comment though.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#675209 Nov 22, 2013
OCB wrote:
I didn't ASK about what Native Americans did to each other- and either did RR- he asked for proof that the massacres and systematic killing of Native Americans was carried out by Christians.
I provided him with what he asked for.
You provided opinions.

I asked for evidence.

Westcliffe, CO

#675210 Nov 22, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh.....nice avoidance tactic, Dave.
And gee- yet another Christian way- trying to minimize what the CHRISTIAN settlers did to the Native Americans by pointing out what Native Americans did to each other.
No matter WHAT they did to each other, the vast majority of the Native American population was persecuted, tortured, decimated and killed by the CHRISTIAN settlers who came to the New World.
That IS a fact and you not liking that fact makes it no LESS a fact.
YOUR religion- YOUR ancestors- YOU deal with it.
I'm still trying to figure out the basis for your moral judgement as your ancestors, ethnic, racial, or religious, have been guilty of the same and worse. Christianity is just one of many, many, many religions. However, it is the one that built the civilization and ethos you now live in. Which means you are double guilty.

Oh, girl, you have a serious price to pay for your ancestor's misdeeds.

Westcliffe, CO

#675211 Nov 22, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not avoiding your question, but I can't answer it now and probably not at any point today.
Much to do and I've got to get busy with that now and then I will be busy having a wonderful weekend with my wonderful man and Topix is the LAST place I'll be.
Maybe next week I'll address this post of yours to which I am responding- simply don't have the time right now.
Uh huh.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#675212 Nov 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus told a wealthy young man who had kept the Old Covenant Law very well to sell all the he had and give it to the poor. He did not include a "Blessed are all those who sell all their possessions and distribute to the poor for they shall..." clause.
Also, if I gave the poor everything I have, they wouldn't be poor and would have to give back to me, cuz now I'm poor.
That logic just doesn't pan out.
It's funny how sometimes those stories from the bible only apply to the specific person they are addressed to, and sometimes they are meant for everyone. Why does jesus tell parables and stories if they are only applicable in a very narrow context?

Also, that story is not the admonition regarding giving found in the bible. The old widow story comes to mind. It doesn't deal directly with giving to the poor, but it suggests that you should give absolutely all that you can manage and then some.

Location hidden

#675214 Nov 22, 2013
2 SAM. 1:26, "David said, "I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women"

God tells us the following about King David who made love with his boy lover Jonathan:

never doing evil (1 Sam. 25:28),
following God fully (1 Kings 11:6),
being an angel of God(2 Sam. 19:27),
keeping his commandments of God (1 Kings 3:14), and
having a perfect heart with the Lord (1 Kings 15:3)

Who would have thought that homosexuals had a perfect heart with the lord!

I knew that.

Location hidden

#675215 Nov 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text> Breaking and entering and attempted murder is not religiously inspired.
We all know why you lie about God RR.

You need to read your Bible better RR, those activities are God inspired:

THE GOD WHO SAYS "DO NOT STEAL" ORDERS STEALING:

"...and ye shall spoil the Egyptians" (Ex. 3:22).
"...and they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the Lord God" (Ezek. 39:10).
"As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies" (Deut. 20:14).

"I will dash them one against another, even the father and the sons together, saith the Lord: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them" (Jer. 13:14).

"Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys" (1 Sam. 15:3).

Nice God you got there RR. NOT!

Location hidden

#675216 Nov 22, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
Hey, recently astronomers have discovered a quasar with a redshift greater than the galaxy quite further in distance that is seen. Now since we understand that "redshift" is characterized by the color of light on the visible spectrum which indicates how far away and object is in space, it is baffling to scientists because it refutes the big bang model. But it can't be ignored. More observations are necessary but this ONE is enough to get astronomers scrambling to focus on more. My question is...does this discovery lend proof to the fact that scientific theory should stay THEORY and that the big bang theory is not yet FACT?!?
All scientific theories are always theories. They never ascend to fact, for exactly the reason you just mentioned - one observation can disprove them. They become less and less likely to be untrue as time goes on and more observations are compiled, but never fact.

Location hidden

#675217 Nov 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I am a Christian. That's a fact.
Even if I don't fit your predefined version of what you think a Christian should be.
You're actually a pretty standard christian.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#675218 Nov 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It's funny how sometimes those stories from the bible only apply to the specific person they are addressed to, and sometimes they are meant for everyone. Why does jesus tell parables and stories if they are only applicable in a very narrow context?
Also, that story is not the admonition regarding giving found in the bible. The old widow story comes to mind. It doesn't deal directly with giving to the poor, but it suggests that you should give absolutely all that you can manage and then some.
I think that when you atheists read a Bible passage, you're envisioning the POTUS looking at a camera and speaking to the whole nation.

Sometimes that's true.

Most times it's not.

You'd be wise to at least understand that there is a difference.

Location hidden

#675219 Nov 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
" In Florida, over 50 barbershops were raided by police donning masks and guns in order to enforce barber licensing laws."
http://www.belgrade-news.com/opinion/columnis...
I for one support their valiant crusade to ensure nary a head is touched by an unlicensed charlatan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min June VanDerMark 603,477
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 min Lyndi 177,899
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 28 min RiccardoFire 8,302
maa ko kaise choda jay (Mar '14) 57 min pradeep patidar 35
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 1 hr Gremlin 6
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 6,405
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr lightbeamrider 3,988
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 hr The swamiji 7,650
More from around the web