Prove there's a god.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#675390 Nov 23, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>It's really not a good idea to respond to antagonists like her and alot of others. It's only fuel for them to keep posting rude, insulting, non-knowledge-based comments. Best to just ignore them, respond to more sensible posts, and try and keep things at least a bit cordial and hopefully people like her can stop visiting this thread and create their own hate-spewing one!!!
When christians throw shit at me, I have every right to throw it back.

So, which one of the numerous gray-boxers from Memphis are you?

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#675391 Nov 23, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit, scooter.
Jesus never won anything;he's a myth.
You know, a myth.
<quoted text>
Only in the abstract, like ideas & such. But as an actual historical person, or a deity? Gimme a break.
When people command that we all believe in it, it pisses me off a bit.
<quoted text>
There are a number of people who I admire, and who "guide" my life. Family, friends, teachers I've had in school.
And then, on the flip side, there's Topix.
<quoted text>
Why are you suddenly being nice to me?
Alright, who are you---and what did you do with the *real* Dave Nelson?
<quoted text>
Oh, yeah? Even when you were stalking me, and calling me names?
No you haven't.
<quoted text>
*Let* them be? You mean, those losers like yellodog, viking, porter, et al, who were attacking, condemning an threatening me? Are you *kidding* me?
<quoted text>
Oh, puh-leeze ...
<quoted text>
That's what you originally accused me of; why the sudden change of opinon?
<quoted text>
... What did you do with Dave? You're starting to worry me.
<quoted text>
Then quit smoking. You'll breathe better and save money. Cigarette smoking is slow, legalized suicide.
I said those same things early on, little one, you were in too much of a passion to believe them.

The breathing may be a bit late, but it is better than being bored to death, albeit expensive. I love the feel of that smoke burning my lung passages as I take a draw. It's almost orgasmic sometimes. E cigs ain't the same.

I would be crazier without them.:-)

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#675392 Nov 23, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>Very well my friend..... at work today as always....
seems like I live here..........

Hows things going with you and your place of employment?
Had the last arbitration October 30.

I SHOUKD have a decision in another week or 2.

Not very impressed with the representation my union provided.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#675393 Nov 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, and that's why the Spanish called them heathens, then proceeded to murder, rape and steal their gold , because they needed god to murder and rape,and steal from people apparently.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your knowledge of history is extremely limited.
Those were the Conquistadors. The Church eventually brought them in line.
Well, yeah; after they did the church's dirty work for them, there was no real further need for them.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text> Many were thrown in prison for their abuses.
The Aztec, Comanche and the Navajo were no slouches on the conquest game. They needed no deity to justify their actions. In fact their actions pushed many other tribes right into the arms of the Spanish.
But the indigenous people here didn't claim any moral superiority, like the invading christians did.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#675394 Nov 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- I doubt you do.
The kind of character you know when you see it is that of very low character, since you are of very low character and water seeks its own level.
And while you are quite *a* character, the only character you possess is of the lowliest kind.
You're a bottom-feeder, RR. Accept it. After all, it is due to your own actions and your own words that has resulted in you being the bottom-feeder reprobate you are.
Sorry for your luck.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're doubts are irrelevant.
I know me better than you know me.
Yet you think you know my dad and his brothers--the three Marines I mentioned earlier--better than I know them. Not real Marines, you called them, because they didn't swear any fealty to your phony god.

And thanks to your posts, we have come to know you better than you think we do.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#675395 Nov 23, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Had the last arbitration October 30.
I SHOUKD have a decision in another week or 2.
Not very impressed with the representation my union provided.
I hear that Aero.... good luck friend.... When I was a member of the UAW At McDonnell Douglas back in the day, I also wasn't too impressed with our Union Guys. Our Stewards were dumb Jack holes......

Rocky Ford, CO

#675396 Nov 23, 2013
<quoted text>
And then the European christians killed them all. Well, almost. Sure as hell got the land.
Yeah. The ancient Greeks and Romans did that, too. Those Christians picked up some bad habits, eh?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#675397 Nov 23, 2013
OCB wrote:

http://www.operationmorningstar.org/genocide_ ...

http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The first link may be a good source, but I'm not sure.
The second link is just a person's opinion. I can't believe you'd post it as fact.
All research that disproves your beliefs is just "opinion" to you, while your opinions are all "facts" in your mind, aren't they?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Either way, they are both potentially untrustworthy.
Unlike you and your religious beliefs, which are completely untrustworthy.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>It wouldn't have mattered what religion they were anyway.
Yes it would.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text> That you think they were Christian is moot. You can't condemn all Christians because of the possible actions of few.
Sounds more like those "minority" christians were the majority.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text> ... blaah blaah blaah, yadda yadda yadda...
If you want to blame Christians for evil acts then you'd better be willing to acknowledge the good acts of the majority.
But I suspect you hate Christians and won't do that.
Projection at its finest. You get to accuse everyone of hating you while you go about hating them first.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Go get some mental counseling and get over your hate of Christians, please.
How about you go get some mental counseling and get over your hate of atheists and non-christians first?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#675398 Nov 23, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>I wish some of these evolutionists here can admit this instead of stating that it is all FACT!! ReallyI just found this out a few days ago about this quasar but it has been known about since 2005
Strains of bacteria that are constantly subjected to the same antibiotics eventually become resistant to those antibiotics.

Viruses change, resulting in the inefficacy of previous flu vaccines.

Evolution *is* fact.

Deal with it.

Rocky Ford, CO

#675399 Nov 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, and that's why the Spanish called them heathens, then proceeded to murder, rape and steal their gold , because they needed god to murder and rape,and steal from people apparently.
<quoted text>
Well, yeah; after they did the church's dirty work for them, there was no real further need for them.
<quoted text>
But the indigenous people here didn't claim any moral superiority, like the invading christians did.
They were happy to get the horses to go kill enemy tribes.

The horses also provided them the means to spread disease among the tribes quickly, especially when they were fighting each other.

The horse killed more Indians than "Christians". It changed their way of life for centuries in just decades. And they stole the horses.

Made them mobile.

The original horse originated in North America and died out about 12,000 years ago. The closest still living are those found in Mongolia, where they were not native. They are finding human settlements well over 12,000 years in the Americas now. One could assume they could have had some.

So the Native Americans sent the horse to Asia, which then went to Europe and back to North America where the horse got some revenge on them for being killed off.

Karma's a bitch, ain't it?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#675400 Nov 23, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup...... about the same time you stopped chasing skirts online....
j/k :)
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
so what's your conclusion from the New Covenant regarding salvation:
is it through our works/being good; through faith in Christ alone, or do you suppose the super-vatican combo - an ambiguous mixture of both?
I think the next post, by gogo of Clarksville, OH, summed it up perfectly in the following post:

"Who cares?"

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#675401 Nov 23, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Bible contains contradictions, absurdities, fallacies, inconsistencies and other errors.
One of great weaknesses of the Bible lies in the fact that it contains tangible mechanisms by which to refute its truthfulness. Within it pages are verses which can be used to test the book's validity. They can be generally grouped under two broad headings--those involving tremendous powers given to believers and those involving powers attendant to prayer and requests. The most prominent verses within the first category are Mark 16:17-18, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them: they shall lays hands on the sick, and they shall recover." Many true believers have handled deadly snakes and drunk deadly poisons only to find the Bible is both erroneous and dangerous. Courts in Illinois, Tennessee, and elsewhere have repeatedly stopped practices of this nature because of the treat to life. Ask believers to drink poison or handle deadly snakes and one will quickly realize the extent to which even they do not take the book seriously. Mark 16:17-18 clearly states what they can do if they believe. Put them to the test, however, and you will witness a lot of rationalizing.
The History Channel has been running an eye-opening series on the "Hidden Secrets of the Bible."

The episode this coming Wednesday night at 10:00 PM (Eastern, 7:00 PM Pacific) is gonna piss off a lot of fundies. I can hardly wait!

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#675402 Nov 23, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain how anything can occur that God does not want to occur.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan?
That's who usually gets the blame.

If God can't stop Satan, then he is not omnipotent; if God chooses not to stop Satan, then he is not all good.

Most christians just *hate* to see the logic of this.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#675403 Nov 23, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe this is a Christian country but you also believe that the vast, vast majority of Christians in this country are going to hell because they don't belong to your church?
BWAHAHAHAHAHA
Oh, you wacky religious types and your rules….
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Let me know if you would like me to prove it to you.
Maybe you should prove there's a god first.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#675404 Nov 23, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup...... about the same time you stopped chasing skirts online....
j/k :)
<quoted text>
I think the next post, by gogo of Clarksville, OH, summed it up perfectly in the following post:
"Who cares?"
:D

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#675405 Nov 23, 2013
VIKING WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>
You're full of sh*t, you grape-crushing K*NT. They HAD TO SWEAR BY GOD, OTHERWISE THEY WEREN'T MARINES. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT GO F**K YOURSELF. You lying piece of wop sh*t. I've got 6 older brothers, 4 of which served in the Military, two of which were in the Special Forces, and YOU HAVE TO SWEAR BY GOD TO SERVE. Just like YOU do, every time you date ANYTHING, you are confirming the birth of Jesus Christ, because TIME itself is measured by HIS birth. This is The Year of Our Lord 2013, in other words, linguine sucker, Jesus Christ was born 2013 years ago, give or take a few years, and YOU confirm that each and every time you DATE anything......SUCKAAAAAAA
So I say AGAIN!!!!Your father and uncle DEFINITELY SWORE BY GOD, OTHERWISE THEY WERE NOT MARINES. Choke on it you dirty K*NT. I hope you get so upset at this, you have a heart attack and drop dead.
WORTHLESS PIECE OF OLIVE SH*T.
Oh, look who stalked me to this thread; christ's representative on Earth.

And here I was thinkin' Marlowe just farted ...

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#675406 Nov 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>"
You are correct in that it is an optional phrase to use. It is part of the oath, but you can opt out.
I was an atheist when I did it a few times. Didn't bother me a bit.
§ 502. Enlistment oath: who may administer
(a) Enlistment Oath.— Each person enlisting in an armed force shall take the following oath:
"I, XXXXXXXXXX, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."
(b) Who May Administer.— The oath may be taken before the President, the Vice-President, the Secretary of Defense, any commissioned officer, or any other person designated under regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Defense."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Ar...
"Military
The oaths of enlistment and officers both contain this phrase, however it is not required to be said if the speaker has a personal or moral objection, as is true of all oaths administered by the United States government."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/So_help_me_God#M...
Exactly; thanks!

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#675407 Nov 23, 2013
<quoted text>
And then the European christians killed them all. Well, almost. Sure as hell got the land.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. The ancient Greeks and Romans did that, too. Those Christians picked up some bad habits, eh?
The difference being that christians claim to be morally authorized and morally superior, while the Greeks, the Romans and the American Indians *didn't.*

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#675408 Nov 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
They were happy to get the horses to go kill enemy tribes.
The horses also provided them the means to spread disease among the tribes quickly, especially when they were fighting each other.
The horse killed more Indians than "Christians". It changed their way of life for centuries in just decades. And they stole the horses.
Made them mobile.
The original horse originated in North America and died out about 12,000 years ago. The closest still living are those found in Mongolia, where they were not native. They are finding human settlements well over 12,000 years in the Americas now. One could assume they could have had some.
So the Native Americans sent the horse to Asia, which then went to Europe and back to North America where the horse got some revenge on them for being killed off.
Karma's a bitch, ain't it?
I was originally ready to scream "Bullshit!" at this, but the more I read, the more I laughed. There might actually be more horses in this nation now than American Indians.
Karma's a bitch, alright.

Rocky Ford, CO

#675409 Nov 23, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The difference being that christians claim to be morally authorized and morally superior, while the Greeks, the Romans and the American Indians *didn't.*
Oh, baby, you got that wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Buck Crick 104,409
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min guest 672,794
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min somebody 184,567
American Soldiers - Profiles In cowardice. (Mar '10) 49 min Ricky F 1,990
Gay/bi Skype Sex ? (Mar '14) 1 hr axc 1137 17
Let your Pigs sequel some more God!!! 3 hr doG mnaDed lyoH r... 1
ladies have you ever cheated on your BF while h... (Sep '15) 6 hr Unknown 9
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 hr onemale 286,297
More from around the web