“What the Bleep? ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#674742 Nov 20, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Oh wow. "One nation under God" was not added to the pledge until 1954 during the height of the McCarthy witch-hunt (communist) era and which was added for political purposes ONLY.
If you really think our pledge has always said "one nation under god"- don't talk to me anymore.....I'm not here to give lessons on 4th grade level American history.
Touche!!!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#674743 Nov 20, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Oh wow. "One nation under God" was not added to the pledge until 1954 during the height of the McCarthy witch-hunt (communist) era and which was added for political purposes ONLY.
If you really think our pledge has always said "one nation under god"- don't talk to me anymore.....I'm not here to give lessons on 4th grade level American history.
It came from the Gettysburg Address.

"...that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom..."

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#674744 Nov 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a joke and you're exaggerating it.
Like the "they let you out" joke did not imply that you were in prison or an asylum or anything.
It's a joke, dumb ass.
You said it was a joke after the fact and after several (SEVERAL) people had commented over your threatening behaviour.

You may now regret making the statement and you can hide behind your cloak of christian humour all you want, it makes no difference to the facts that you made the statement

Location hidden

#674745 Nov 20, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Every single time you are taken to task for your irresponsible comments, you always reply with "it was a joke".
First of all, that's your attempt at back pedaling and as always, you fail at it.
Secondly, ever hear the following:
"There's many a true word spoken in jest".
So yeah- HAHA- you had Christine "in your sights".
That's SO funny.......<major eye roll here....>
I never had her in my sights.

A while back, she said "did you miss me?"

I replied with "ya, I need a new scope" or something like that.

If you can't understand that's a joke and that I wasn't literally staring at her with a sniper rifle, you got problems.

Location hidden

#674746 Nov 20, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Uh-oh.
Get ready for RR to twist and distort the above scripture you quoted in order to get it to suit his own agenda and the fact that he is a complete reprobate.
Nah.

There's no point.

The context of his posts suggests he's an idiot.

He blames Christians for killing Indians.

WTF?

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#674747 Nov 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep up with selfie?
Not too good with google are you?

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#674748 Nov 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And they did a good job respecting freedom for all.
Really? The Three-Fifths Compromise was a compromise between Southern and Northern states during the Philadelphia Convention of 1787 in which three-fifths of the enumerated population of slaves would be counted for representation purposes regarding both the distribution of taxes and the apportionment of the members of the United States House of Representatives. Slaves were not allowed to vote. Neither were the Indians:

Article 1, Section 2, Paragraph 3 of the United States Constitution:

"Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons."

Doesn't seem to me they did a good job respecting freedom for all, especially since slaves were in the majority in the south during this period.
So much for democracy.

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#674749 Nov 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah.
There's no point.
WTF?
The Native Americans were murdered by the government that was elected by Christians. You won't comment because you can't defend the history of this so called Christian nation.

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#674750 Nov 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah.
There's no point.
WTF?
By the way, how would Jesus feel about you calling someone an idiot? WWJD? Didn't he teach the virtues of loving your neighbor and your enemies?

Name calling is the last desperate act of someone who has no intelligent answers, nothing significant to contribute, or cannot defend their position.

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#674751 Nov 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah.
There's no point.
WTF?
So I guess there were no Christians in the army, no Christian who voted for the senators and representatives in the congress that waged war against the Native Americans, and no Christians who were willing to take the land that was stolen from them.

If this is the case, where was the Christian majority during this period?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#674752 Nov 20, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It only seems christian to you, but America was not founded on or is it bound by Christianity. America was founded under the ideals of equality and freedom. Read this to understand ,all our precious documents show this to be true. We live in a predominately christian society, this much is true, but this does not make America a Christian Nation. In fact America could shift it's religious bias completely, and it would not change the ideals that were written into it's precious documents that define us as people. This was carefully designed to free us from the grasp of a specific Christian Nation, and to expand on the concepts of the Magna Carta.
http://www.alternet.org/story/155985/5_reason...
It's the heart of the American people that makes it a Christian nation, documents to disprove what I say is irrelevant, it's an attitude, a way of life. It's all about doing it God's way, that's why you see everything with the logo of God on it. Look at your money, and many other things that have God on it, it will surprise you how many things have God on it.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#674753 Nov 20, 2013
Robert Laity wrote:
A "god is a false entity (like allah). There are NO "god[s]". God, however,is real.
Laffin.

"They're all out of step except our Johnny."

You do realize how silly that sounds?

(I will pass on the minor quibble that Allah is the same deity as the Christian God.)

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#674754 Nov 20, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> It's the heart of the American people that makes it a Christian nation, documents to disprove what I say is irrelevant, it's an attitude, a way of life. It's all about doing it God's way, that's why you see everything with the logo of God on it. Look at your money, and many other things that have God on it, it will surprise you how many things have God on it.
I looked at a dollar bill just now and saw an inscription that says "IN GOD WE TRUST" right next to a pyramid topped by the All Seeing Eye of Osiris. Does that mean Osiris is your God?

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#674755 Nov 20, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Laffin.
"They're all out of step except our Johnny."
You do realize how silly that sounds?
(I will pass on the minor quibble that Allah is the same deity as the Christian God.)
Hey Mac! How goes it?

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#674756 Nov 20, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe just "god". Period.
Again- religion is MAN made, NOT "god" made.
You are assuming it's the Christian god being referred to because you WANT it to be the Christian god being referred to.
Maybe for YOU that is who you ARE referring to and maybe for many others as well.
But don't tell ME that those who practice other religions- such as Judaism, Buddhism, Islam, etc.- are referring to the CHRISTIAN god because they're NOT!
And even atheists will invoke the name of "god" and obviously, they are not referring to ANY god.
It's called using an expression- I'm quite sure that when in the throes of sexual passion, those who call out "oh god!" are not referring to ANY specific god or ANY god in ANY religious sense.
Don't get your tighties into a bunch bouncing around on your stack of milkcrates in front of your 80's model IBM, exhausting your disgust about the fact that in general most people refer to the Christian god when prayer is invoked in the mainstream.

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#674757 Nov 20, 2013
<quoted text> It's the heart of the American people that makes it a Christian nation, documents to disprove what I say is irrelevant, it's an attitude, a way of life. It's all about doing it God's way, that's why you see everything with the logo of God on it. Look at your money, and many other things that have God on it, it will surprise you how many things have God on it.
Christian nation? Hardly. You should read my posts to the Redneck.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#674758 Nov 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking more of Grumpy Cat.
No way! Grumpy cat is adorable! Christine is like a cranky monkey that eats its own poo after it gets too tired to throw it anymore.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#674759 Nov 20, 2013
You don't GET that it's not a given that it is the Christian god being referred to.

MY way of life is NOT a Christian way of life; I am NOT a Christian.

I don't think things in any perceived god's way.....

Yes- lots of things have the word "god" on them- so WHAT???

You're daft if you think that means it is the CHRISTIAN god being referred to.

Again:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

NO religion was ever established in this country yet everyone is FREE to exercise ANY religion of their choice as well as being FREE to practice NO religion at all.

MILLIONS of Americans are NOT Christian; therefore, that invalidates your claim that it is the "American people" who make it a Christian nation.

How disrespectful of you to make such a claim- a claim which does NOT take into account the many MILLIONS of Americans who are not Christian and who don't CLAIM to be Christian.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#674760 Nov 20, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Don't get your tighties into a bunch bouncing around on your stack of milkcrates in front of your 80's model IBM, exhausting your disgust about the fact that in general most people refer to the Christian god when prayer is invoked in the mainstream.
LOL!!!

No milk crates, no 80's model IBM....

So you're wrong on ALL counts.

You do not speak for "most people".

I realize your arrogance- which is SUCH a common trait among you so-called "humble" Christians- allows you to want to BELIEVE that it is the Christian god being invoked, but you don't know that- and even if you ARE correct, that STILL does not translate into the USA being a Christian nation!

If the USA was a Christian nation, a Jewish nation, a Buddhist nation, etc. that would mean the USA is a THEOCRACY.

Sorry- though not really- I am THRILLED that despite fools like you who think otherwise and who wish for otherwise, the USA never has been, is not and in all likely probability never will be a THEOCRACY.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#674761 Nov 20, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, how would Jesus feel about you calling someone an idiot? WWJD? Didn't he teach the virtues of loving your neighbor and your enemies?
Name calling is the last desperate act of someone who has no intelligent answers, nothing significant to contribute, or cannot defend their position.
That's nothing!

Just last week, RR said to me: "How about I piss on your face?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Tony17 545,187
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 34 min andet1987 4,249
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 38 min andet1987 1,118
Is Chris Brown a Gang Member Now? 44 min andet1987 5
Incest: Horny and looking for good stories :) (Nov '13) 47 min dman3626 7
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 49 min onemale 260,239
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 58 min Tim Osman 118,315
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Patrick 228,601
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr mike 601,444
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr WesternNationsAWo... 174,211

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE