Comments
640,001 - 640,020 of 733,694 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#674683 Nov 20, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>S/he's a cranky one alright. I'd suggest s/he smile; be happy but I suspect Christine's happy face is just as scary...
http://geroldblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/11...
...as his/her angry one.
And this must be you

http://memeshare.net/memes/9/8871.png

But when you look lie this

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1... !/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/ derivatives/gallery_635/blobfi sh.jpg

it is not surprising

#674684 Nov 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatcha having, nano?
Was that our good friend nano no mates?

#674685 Nov 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking more of Grumpy Cat.
Of course your selfie is so much like a plastic godbot redneck itís uncanny that it exactly matches your personality

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#674686 Nov 20, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> This is a Christian nation, yes it may seem like a secular nation, but in reality it's still a Christian nation. I have no problem who lives in America, none at all.
Then IF you were correct in stating the USA is a Christian nation, how do those who are NOT Christian figure into this nation??

Nice of you that you have no problem who lives in America; I'm sure every non-Christian in this country- that would be MILLIONS and MILLIONS of Americans-would be SO happy to know that YOU are okay with them living here!

No- sorry- it is NOT a Christian nation and it never was.

But don't take MY word for it- maybe the word of our founding fathers will show you that you are wrong:

******"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion;******* as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

http://www.nobeliefs.com/Tripoli.htm

And from the first amendment:

*****"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,****** or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_...

So.....since Congress made no law respecting an establishment of religion, it is simply wishful thinking on your part that the USA is a THEOCRACY when the fact is the founding fathers made sure that was NOT the case and did all they could to insure that it never would be.

Sorry- the USA is a SECULAR nation, founded as such and still is and in all probable likelihood, always will be.

But since you seem to desire living in a theocracy, there are PLENTY for you to choose from if you don't like living in the USA- a SECULAR nation.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#674687 Nov 20, 2013
<quoted text> This is a Christian nation, yes it may seem like a secular nation, but in reality it's still a Christian nation. I have no problem who lives in America, none at all.
Really- even forgetting about the Treaty of Tripoli, what part of the following from the first amendment is tripping you up?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,"

That's pretty plain and easy to understand English.....

If Congress made no law respecting an *establishment of religion", how can you make the claim that the USA is a Christian nation, since there was NO establishment of ANY religion?

Also, do you not know why this country came to be in the first place?

People came here from England to ESCAPE religious persecution and to have the FREEDOM to practice ANY religion they wanted to or NO religion at ALL.

And our founding fathers founded this nation as such- a nation that has NO established religion, NO official religion and a country with the FREEDOM to practice ANY religion or NO religion at all.

So since a religion was never established in this country, it is nothing but nonsense for ANYONE to claim that the USA is a Christian nation.

It is NOT a nation of ANY particular religion.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#674688 Nov 20, 2013
No, the US is not a Christian nation.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#674689 Nov 20, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of the shadows and between the lines something just shouted out at me after reading that post.
With their judgemental skills and superior morality, Topic atheists sound like Southern Baptists criticizing other denominations. Or any other denomination wishing the others could see their truths and method of worship.
This superior morality thing is the giveaway.
Like I said. JC won.
your personas are beginning to bleed across your socks

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#674690 Nov 20, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice one , you beat me to it.
She said something about being " grounded to reality "
Funny how that works, we are all grounded to reality , I call it gravity. We are all stuck to this ball flying through space having a relatively relaxing reality.
And why is this so ?
Oh no reason at all , it just happened to be.
Shit really does happen.
Yes, and when that shit happens..

All I can say is...

Stand back...

Location hidden

#674691 Nov 20, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So who was it who claimed they pointed a gun at me? Had me in their sights?
Oh that was you, obviously a statement that you thought would be easily forgotten, like so much else you vomit.
How christian you are. You simply are too yellow bellied and pig ignorant to admit to your own failings and faults
I've never threatened you or anyone else on this website.

You're lying for your atheism again.

Location hidden

#674692 Nov 20, 2013
OCB wrote:
First of all, it is only RR's OPINION that BenAdam lied.
Bullshit.

His latest thing is telling everyone that I claimed to be fluent in several languages, including Hebrew & Aramaic.

You're lying for your deism again.

Location hidden

#674693 Nov 20, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>"Creator" does not necessarily mean "god" and it sure as hell doesn't mean any SPECIFIC god.
It could simply mean "nature" is the creator.
Next- the DOI is NOT and never was a governing document.
Sorry, RR- you fail- yet AGAIN.
This is your OPINION.

Sorry.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#674694 Nov 20, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
People who claim the USA is a Christian nation do so because there are more Christians here than those of any other religion.

What they can't comprehend is that a majority religion does not establish a country as being of that religion.

The same can be said of race; while there are more white people here than those of any other color, that also does not establish this country as being of that color; in other words, the USA is no more a WHITE nation than it is a CHRISTIAN nation.

I realize there are those who WISH this nation was made up of only white Christians, but this nation wasn't founded on bigotry either.

Too bad those who claim that the USA is a Christian nation simply can't be happy to embrace one of the main founding tenets of this country- FREEDOM- for ALL.

Location hidden

#674695 Nov 20, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course your selfie is so much like a plastic godbot redneck itís uncanny that it exactly matches your personality
selfie?

Is that another Brit word or are you just an idiot?

Location hidden

#674696 Nov 20, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Then IF you were correct in stating the USA is a Christian nation, how do those who are NOT Christian figure into this nation??
Nice of you that you have no problem who lives in America; I'm sure every non-Christian in this country- that would be MILLIONS and MILLIONS of Americans-would be SO happy to know that YOU are okay with them living here!
No- sorry- it is NOT a Christian nation and it never was.
But don't take MY word for it- maybe the word of our founding fathers will show you that you are wrong:
******"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion;******* as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."
http://www.nobeliefs.com/Tripoli.htm
And from the first amendment:
*****"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,****** or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_...
So.....since Congress made no law respecting an establishment of religion, it is simply wishful thinking on your part that the USA is a THEOCRACY when the fact is the founding fathers made sure that was NOT the case and did all they could to insure that it never would be.
Sorry- the USA is a SECULAR nation, founded as such and still is and in all probable likelihood, always will be.
But since you seem to desire living in a theocracy, there are PLENTY for you to choose from if you don't like living in the USA- a SECULAR nation.
You forgot your protest sign.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#674697 Nov 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine then.
"God with us" on Nazi belt buckles doesn't specify any god either, so the Nazis weren't Christian....
Derp
derp indeed

Germany was (at that time) a christian nation.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#674698 Nov 20, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice one , you beat me to it.
She said something about being " grounded to reality "
Funny how that works, we are all grounded to reality , I call it gravity. We are all stuck to this ball flying through space having a relatively relaxing reality.
And why is this so ?
Oh no reason at all , it just happened to be.
Shit really does happen.
No- I said grounded *IN* reality.

That you only see that as the physical grounding of gravity shows just how one-dimensional you are.

Anyone with even just half a brain would have known I was not talking about our physical existence in "reality".

Why are those who embrace religion SO opposed to actually using their "god given" brains?

I mean- I realize that was the intent of the authors of the bible- to keep people ignorant and to discourage them from actually using their brains to THINK, but geez.....even in THIS day and age to be so willfully ignorant and intellectually lazy?

Very disheartening.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#674699 Nov 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit.
His latest thing is telling everyone that I claimed to be fluent in several languages, including Hebrew & Aramaic.
You're lying for your deism again.
Sigh...I'm not lying for Deism or anything else, RR.

You DO lie for your Jesus, though, but your line (actually MY line) doesn't work when YOU try to use it.

I didn't see Ben's posts to which you are referring so I can't say if he lied or not and it really doesn't matter in that even if he DID say you claimed to be fluent in several languages, I don't see how that causes you any harm even if you never did claim that.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#674700 Nov 20, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
When people in this country refer to God (whether on the news, prayer before an event, on the dollar, a solemn swear during inaguration of the president, a cry for help in a natural disaster, a simple "may God bless U", a death in the family saying that they're with God now, etc, etc) we understand that it is the Christian god that is so to say being summoned or recognized. And on the same note the Christian god is also the same as the Jewish god, the Catholic god, the Jehovah Witness god, the Mormon god, the Nation of Islam god, and also the true Arabic Islam god. They just have different practices and some have stemmed from corrupt influences. But my point being that in this nation whenever we refer to God we mean the "Christian" god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#674701 Nov 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
This is your OPINION.
Sorry.
No- it is YOUR opinion and YOUR opinion that the word "creator" is a foregone conclusion not only automatically meaning "god" but meaning YOUR "god"!!

Sorry- you're wrong!

If the authors of the DOI specifically meant "god", they would most likely have USED the word "god" and not "creator".

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#674702 Nov 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot your protest sign.
Yeah- you're right. A protest sign against FOOLS like you who have no respect for our SECULAR nation and therefore no respect for the MILLIONS and MILLIONS of Americans who practice a religion other than yours or who practice NO religion at all.

I'M the one who loves the USA and all it was founded on; not YOU, RR.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 min Naveen kumar 5,352
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Patrick 226,503
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min Freebird USA 173,299
do right by your woman 9 min pusherman_ 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 27 min Epiphany2 600,142
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 51 min yon 2,514
00971527721611 body to body massage full body m... 58 min COCO 3
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 hr JUDEletePete 118,091
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr hojo 539,402
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 19 hr Tiffany 107
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search