Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#675228 Nov 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but we are talking about Christian expansionism, not the Eastern Empires but specifically the West expanding into the West and the decimation of the indigenous populations , by condemning them for being barbaric murderers, and then murdering them. Hardly a noble effort or cause , rather greed and the need to conquer to expand itself was the driving force.
?

Pray tell, what is the difference between that and any other expansionism? Including communism.

You're fixated to the point you can't think straight.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#675229 Nov 22, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I just love how you twist things. In other translations it states simply Seventy, seven times" or 70x7. This must be too difficult a concept for you to understand.
did you finally start reading the Bible, Al?

just kidding, friend:)

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#675230 Nov 22, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
did you finally start reading the Bible, Al?
just kidding, friend:)
Yup...... about the same time you stopped chasing skirts online....

j/k :)

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#675231 Nov 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The first link may be a good source, but I'm not sure.
The second link is just a person's opinion. I can't believe you'd post it as fact.
Either way, they are both potentially untrustworthy.
It wouldn't have mattered what religion they were anyway. That you think they were Christian is moot. You can't condemn all Christians because of the possible actions of few. No more than you should hate the cops because some of them are crooked.
If you want to blame Christians for evil acts then you'd better be willing to acknowledge the good acts of the majority.
But I suspect you hate Christians and won't do that.
Go get some mental counseling and get over your hate of Christians, please.
While rushing to get stuff done so that I can begin the weekend, it dawned on me that it's quite possible you'll be too lazy to look at the list of references I provided from the link which YOU claimed was "just a person's opinion".

So here is one of those references from the link and the reference list I provided specifically addressing the issue of the Native Americans.

A True Account of the Most Considerable Occurrences that have Hapned in the Warre Between the English and the Indians in New England, London 1676.
[TG]
F.Turner, Beyond Geography, New York 1980.

Not that you'll bother to google the above reference; nah, you prefer to live in that "blissful" state of yours of DENIAL where in that state of DENIAL, Christians DO no wrong, never DID any wrong and are INCAPABLE of doing any wrong.

And call me a liar because I already said I was outta here and don't take into account why I amended that statement which was for the purpose of directing to the reference from the link YOU claimed was "just a person's opinion".

Have a great weekend, DOPEY. But how great could it be given that you'll most likely be camped out HERE all weekend?

You give the phrase "get a life" a MUCH more deliberate meaning.

Ta-ta!

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#675232 Nov 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
?
Pray tell, what is the difference between that and any other expansionism? Including communism.
You're fixated to the point you can't think straight.

And you are ....avoiding the subject matter at hand.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#675233 Nov 22, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but he was wassssup, and that was his singular conclusion.
The phalanx of topix was up...lol

#675234 Nov 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but he was wassssup, and that was his singular conclusion.
The phalanx of topix was up...lol
.........the phalanx of Topix was... hey!..... wait a minute..... that sounds like a.... aww... never mind.......

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#675235 Nov 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>All scientific theories are always theories. They never ascend to fact, for exactly the reason you just mentioned - one observation can disprove them. They become less and less likely to be untrue as time goes on and more observations are compiled, but never fact.
I wish some of these evolutionists here can admit this instead of stating that it is all FACT!! ReallyI just found this out a few days ago about this quasar but it has been known about since 2005

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#675236 Nov 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>No, I'm imagining a spiritual teacher relaying a message to someone, and I am imagining that this teacher relays said message for a purpose. I am imagining that jesus didn't just ramble endlessly, and that when he told a story it was meant to impart a lesson of some sort. I also imagine that the people who transcribed this stuff thought it was important enough to write down. Why do you think you get to pick and choose whether or not to obey your god?
Very good, I'm impressed.

Yes, Jesus was delivering a message to Christians. A message that still resonates today.

I apologize, I inadvertently mix up posters as if everyone's gonna post like Rev Anal or Ben or OCD or ShrinkyDink. I shouldn't do that.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#675237 Nov 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It's incredibly annoying when I say that theories aren't facts and someone thinks I mean that theories are wild guesses.
Did I say they were wild guesses?

"Scientific theories contain facts, laws, observation, guesses, speculation, assertion, etc."

Nope.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#675238 Nov 22, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>While rushing to get stuff done so that I can begin the weekend, it dawned on me that it's quite possible you'll be too lazy to look at the list of references I provided from the link which YOU claimed was "just a person's opinion".
So here is one of those references from the link and the reference list I provided specifically addressing the issue of the Native Americans.
A True Account of the Most Considerable Occurrences that have Hapned in the Warre Between the English and the Indians in New England, London 1676.
[TG]
F.Turner, Beyond Geography, New York 1980.
Not that you'll bother to google the above reference; nah, you prefer to live in that "blissful" state of yours of DENIAL where in that state of DENIAL, Christians DO no wrong, never DID any wrong and are INCAPABLE of doing any wrong.
And call me a liar because I already said I was outta here and don't take into account why I amended that statement which was for the purpose of directing to the reference from the link YOU claimed was "just a person's opinion".
Have a great weekend, DOPEY. But how great could it be given that you'll most likely be camped out HERE all weekend?
You give the phrase "get a life" a MUCH more deliberate meaning.
Ta-ta!
Good riddance.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#675239 Nov 22, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
so what's your conclusion from the New Covenant regarding salvation:

is it through our works/being good; through faith in Christ alone, or do you suppose the super-vatican combo - an ambiguous mixture of both?
gogo

Beaver, OH

#675240 Nov 22, 2013
who cares

Rocky Ford, CO

#675241 Nov 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are ....avoiding the subject matter at hand.
Which is Christianity is the only bad thing humans have believed in?

Auralie, you have an issue.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#675242 Nov 22, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>I wish some of these evolutionists here can admit this instead of stating that it is all FACT!! ReallyI just found this out a few days ago about this quasar but it has been known about since 2005
First of all, what the hell is an evolutionist? Are you a gravitoligist because you "believe" in the theory of gravity? Are you a germologist because of the germ theory?

Second, the TOE is a theory that describes the FACT of evolution. Evolution does happen - whether or not it happens as described by the TOE is the "iffy" part, even though it's not really an open question anymore. Maybe there are invisible garden gnomes causing us to evolve though - you never know.

#675243 Nov 22, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
so what's your conclusion from the New Covenant regarding salvation:
is it through our works/being good; through faith in Christ alone, or do you suppose the super-vatican combo - an ambiguous mixture of both?
I was always raised to understand that Salvation was through Grace and by that alone was all that was needed. Acts 16:30-31.

But I have been also concentrating on James 2:17-26. The Book of James makes it clear that a declaration of faith by itself doesn't amount to a hill of beans if it isn't backed up by action (James 2:14–26). In other words, if one is gonna talk the talk, they've gotta walk the walk. Therefore, I've wondered if someone who is claiming to be a Christian in their life is going to be characterized by a growing faith and, over the long haul, will live in accordance with that faith.

Just saying that faith has a backbone that is characterized by works in my opinion.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#675244 Nov 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say they were wild guesses?
"Scientific theories contain facts, laws, observation, guesses, speculation, assertion, etc."
Nope.
If that's weren't what you were implying, then nevermind. It's wrong to say that they contain guesses though. A theory is what we have far, far after someone has made a hypothesis, which isn't really a guess anyway.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#675245 Nov 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, what the hell is an evolutionist? Are you a gravitoligist because you "believe" in the theory of gravity? Are you a germologist because of the germ theory?
Second, the TOE is a theory that describes the FACT of evolution. Evolution does happen - whether or not it happens as described by the TOE is the "iffy" part, even though it's not really an open question anymore. Maybe there are invisible garden gnomes causing us to evolve though - you never know.
Your ignorance rings loudly!!! "What is an evolutionist?" I'm not gonna answer what is known..maybe U used some time to vent on your last post because it wasn't even close to the response that would be relevant to my statement. There, there my boy, or girl, or whatever...calm down!!!!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#675246 Nov 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is Christianity is the only bad thing humans have believed in?
Auralie, you have an issue.
Reread that. Then rewrite it.

'Cos, as written, it's gibberish.

Rocky Ford, CO

#675247 Nov 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Reread that. Then rewrite it.
'Cos, as written, it's gibberish.
Take your pills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 24 min Mr Wiggley 52,426
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) 29 min daddy 28
Jake Tapper: I Lied About Trump S Hole Comment 2 hr Haha 2
Liberals The Party Of Perversion 2 hr Hallejula 1
Walgreens is owned by Christ-rejecting Jews 4 hr Doctor REALITY 10
the Lord JEHOVAH YAHWEH..has ALWAYS EXISTED??! 4 hr Doctor REALITY 8
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 hr Robert F 693,339
More from around the web