#675174 Nov 22, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit, scooter.
Jesus never won anything;he's a myth.
You know, a myth.
<quoted text>
Only in the abstract, like ideas & such. But as an actual historical person, or a deity? Gimme a break.
When people command that we all believe in it, it pisses me off a bit.
<quoted text>
There are a number of people who I admire, and who "guide" my life. Family, friends, teachers I've had in school.
And then, on the flip side, there's Topix.
<quoted text>
Why are you suddenly being nice to me?
Alright, who are you---and what did you do with the *real* Dave Nelson?
I've always been nice to you, little one. As much as you would let anyone be. You just seem better balanced than you were in the past.

You were guided right, you just bumped your head on a low hanging branch and got stunned a bit. You got separated from the herd and now have to find your own way.

You aren't just some nitwit New Age liberal progressive clone twat. You are special. A very intelligent young woman who also has very strong emotions seeking balance.

Was that better?:-)

Ugh. I have one cigarette left and 4 inches of snow outside. Life is a bitch.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#675175 Nov 22, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You really took my comment to heart. Obviously, I didn't mean ALL people who use spellcheck are lazy nor did I say that ALL people who use it are lazy.
Next- just because a story is a work of fiction that doesn't mean we can't learn from it.
If you read the story, then you would appreciate the irony of it- that there was only man left in the world who could do multiplication in his HEAD with no need for computers to help him.
And you are dead WRONG to say I mocked your disability. You are SO wrong as to being very close to LYING in accusing me of such.
I wasn't even THINKING of YOU when I posted MY opinion about spellcheck.
I'm not stamping my feet and I don't have sloped shoulders, thank you very much.
And I did not call YOU lazy in ANY way.
I stand by what I said about 2=2=4- that we SHOULD know that without having to use a calculator to learn that and in ADDITION- sorry it bothers you that I elaborated in a future post- how dare I DO such a thing!-in addition, we should know WHY 2+2=4.
Normally, I enjoy your posts and you bring much to this thread that is productive and enlightening.
But- you have a real bug up your arse about something I did not say or even imply; that being that YOU personally are lazy.
I am well aware of your dyslexia and perhaps you spend too much time dwelling on it yourself in addition to thinking generalized comments are about YOU or directed at YOU.
My comments in NO way were said with ANY intention to mock you or your disability nor were my comments directed to you PERSONALLY.
I also told you more than once that I was sorry that you took offense at my comment and that no offense was at all intended.
You don't want to believe me? That's your choice. But that's also YOUR problem- not MINE.
Get OVER it, dear.
Okay, you two make nice.
I like both of you, and I'm a good judge of character.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#675176 Nov 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, you two make nice.
Did you seriously just say that about Christine & OCB?

O__O

O_o

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#675177 Nov 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, you two make nice.
I never made "not" nice with Christine, Mac.

I told her more than once that I was sorry she took offense at my comments and that no offense was intended.

What would have been "nice" is if Christine accepted my regret over her being offended instead of implying- and pretty much outright saying- that I was mocking her and her disability when neither was the case.

But instead she is dragging this out and getting nasty in doing so and I give as good- or as bad- as I get on this thread.

But thanks for your kind words and I believe they do apply to not only me, but to Christine as well- I never had any problem or issue with her before yesterday and even then I didn't; rather, it appears she has a problem or issue with me and that's on her- not me.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#675178 Nov 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you seriously just say that about Christine & OCB?
O__O
O_o
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Says the biggest reprobate on this thread.

Along with numerous other character flaws which you display on a daily basis.

And given you are of such POOR character, I understand that you can't recognize those of GOOD character; it goes against your very crappy and disgusting nature.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#675179 Nov 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh...
So Lincoln's opinion is just Lincoln's opinion but somehow this guy Chivington speaks for all Christians.
Sure.
The majority of American Natives were slaughtered by the majority of Christians in this country at that time.

DEAL with it.

It's HILARIOUS how you honestly do seem to think that Christians are above committing heinously unspeakable acts.

They're not. History proves that. But gee- in order for you to actually accept that, you would have to LEARN something.

And we all know we can't expect RR to learn a god damned thing, since you think you know it ALL when in REALITY, what you know is SQUAT.

Rocky Ford, CO

#675180 Nov 22, 2013
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/15414/

This reminds me so much of the Topix atheist mind process, or the facsimile thereof.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#675181 Nov 22, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Says the biggest reprobate on this thread.
Along with numerous other character flaws which you display on a daily basis.
And given you are of such POOR character, I understand that you can't recognize those of GOOD character; it goes against your very crappy and disgusting nature.
Oh I know good character when see it.

I can't see it with you two.

Rocky Ford, CO

#675182 Nov 22, 2013
http://money.cnn.com/2013/11/21/news/economy/...

California seems to have a lot of slaves like this.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#675183 Nov 22, 2013
OCB wrote:
The majority of American Natives were slaughtered by the majority of Christians in this country at that time.
DEAL with it.
I'll deal with it when you've provided evidence instead of opinion.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#675184 Nov 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I know good character when see it.
I can't see it with you two.
No- I doubt you do.

The kind of character you know when you see it is that of very low character, since you are of very low character and water seeks its own level.

And while you are quite *a* character, the only character you possess is of the lowliest kind.

You're a bottom-feeder, RR. Accept it. After all, it is due to your own actions and your own words that has resulted in you being the bottom-feeder reprobate you are.

Sorry for your luck.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#675185 Nov 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://money.cnn.com/2013/11/2 1/news/economy/human-trafficki ng-slave/index.html?hpt=hp_t3
California seems to have a lot of slaves like this.
Of course we do, we'll let any immigrant in here and break every law they want.

California's gone to the shithouse lately.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#675186 Nov 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll deal with it when you've provided evidence instead of opinion.
The Europeans saw themselves as the superior culture bringing civilization to an inferior culture. The colonial world view split reality into popular parts: good and evil, body and spirit, man and nature, head and hear, European and primitive.

American Indians spirituality lacks these dualism's; language expresses the oneness of all things. God is not the transcendent Father but the Mother Earth, the Corn Mother, the Great Spirit who nourishes all It is polytheistic, believing in many gods and many levels of deity. "At the basis of most American Native beliefs is the supernatural was a profound conviction that an invisible force, a powerful spirit, permeated the entire universe and ordered the cycles of birth and death for all living things." Beyond this belief in a universal spirit, most American Indians attached supernatural qualities to animals, heavenly bodies, the seasons, dead ancestors, the elements, and geologic formations. Their world was infused with the divine - The Sacred Hoop.

This was not at all a personal being presiding ominpotently over the salvation or damnation of individual people as the Europeans believed.

For the Europeans such beliefs were pagan. Thus, the conquest was rationalized as a necessary evil that would bestow upon the heathen "Indians" a moral consciousness that would redeem their amorality.

The world view which converted bare economic self interest into noble, even moral,*****motives was a notion of Christianity as the one redemptive religion****** which demands fealty from all cultures. In this remaking of the American Indians the impetus which drove the conquistador's invading wars not exploration, but the drive to expand an empire, not discovery of new land, but the drive to accumulate treasure, land and cheap labor."

http://www.operationmorningstar.org/genocide_...

"On the territory that is now Massachusetts the founding fathers of the colonies were committing genocide, in what has become known as the "Peqout War".******The killers were New England Puritan Christians,***** refugees from persecution in their own home country England."

The puritan commander-in-charge John Mason after one massacre wrote: "And indeed such a dreadful Terror did the Almighty let fall upon their Spirits, that they would fly from us and run into the very Flames, where many of them perished ... God was above them, who laughed his Enemies and the Enemies of his People to Scorn, making them as a fiery Oven ...*****Thus did the Lord judge among the Heathen, filling the Place with dead Bodies": men, women, children.*****[SH113-114]

My source for the above is:

http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm

Here is the headline from that source:

How many people have died in the name of Christ, Christianity and Catholicism?
VICTIMS OF THE CHRISTIAN FAITH

Listed are only events that solely occurred on command of church authorities or were committed in the name of Christianity.(List incomplete)

And to summarize that list:

Ancient Pagans
Mission
Crusades
Heretics
Witches
Religious Wars
Jews
Native Peoples
20th Century Church Atrocities
Rwanda Massacres

RR, your religion has a very violent history and a history of persecuting, torturing and killing any and all who believe differently than Christians do.

You're so "proud" to say you ARE a Christian; then accept and OWN just how capable of unspeakably heinous acts Christians are.

Rocky Ford, CO

#675187 Nov 22, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>
The Europeans saw themselves as the superior culture bringing civilization to an inferior culture. The colonial world view split reality into popular parts: good and evil, body and spirit, man and nature, head and hear, European and primitive.
American Indians spirituality lacks these dualism's; language expresses the oneness of all things. God is not the transcendent Father but the Mother Earth, the Corn Mother, the Great Spirit who nourishes all It is polytheistic, believing in many gods and many levels of deity. "At the basis of most American Native beliefs is the supernatural was a profound conviction that an invisible force, a powerful spirit, permeated the entire universe and ordered the cycles of birth and death for all living things." Beyond this belief in a universal spirit, most American Indians attached supernatural qualities to animals, heavenly bodies, the seasons, dead ancestors, the elements, and geologic formations. Their world was infused with the divine - The Sacred Hoop.
This was not at all a personal being presiding ominpotently over the salvation or damnation of individual people as the Europeans believed.
For the Europeans such beliefs were pagan. Thus, the conquest was rationalized as a necessary evil that would bestow upon the heathen "Indians" a moral consciousness that would redeem their amorality.
The world view which converted bare economic self interest into noble, even moral,*****motives was a notion of Christianity as the one redemptive religion****** which demands fealty from all cultures. In this remaking of the American Indians the impetus which drove the conquistador's invading wars not exploration, but the drive to expand an empire, not discovery of new land, but the drive to accumulate treasure, land and cheap labor."
http://www.operationmorningstar.org/genocide_...
"On the territory that is now Massachusetts the founding fathers of the colonies were committing genocide, in what has become known as the "Peqout War".******The killers were New England Puritan Christians,***** refugees from persecution in their own home country England."
The puritan commander-in-charge John Mason after one massacre wrote: "And indeed such a dreadful Terror did the Almighty let fall upon their Spirits, that they would fly from us and run into the very Flames, where many of them perished ... God was above them, who laughed his Enemies and the Enemies of his People to Scorn, making them as a fiery Oven ...*****Thus did the Lord judge among the Heathen, filling the Place with dead Bodies": men, women, children.*****[SH113-114]
My source for the above is:
http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm
Here is the headline from that source:
How many people have died in the name of Christ, Christianity and Catholicism?
VICTIMS OF THE CHRISTIAN FAITH
Listed are only events that solely occurred on command of church authorities or were committed in the name of Christianity.(List incomplete)
And to summarize that list:
Ancient Pagans
Mission
Crusades
Heretics
Witches
Religious Wars
Jews
Native Peoples
20th Century Church Atrocities
Rwanda Massacres
RR, your religion has a very violent history and a history of persecuting, torturing and killing any and all who believe differently than Christians do.
You're so "proud" to say you ARE a Christian; then accept and OWN just how capable of unspeakably heinous acts Christians are.
Jesus, you were born a Jew and now you are an expert on Native American spirituality.

Quit reading such biased sources and read history instead.

BTW, those tribes were not above killing, raping, sodomizing, torturing, and practicing genocide on each other. They could speak the same language base and do that just because they were a different tribe. They would also sacrifice each other in religious rituals not of a Christian nature.

They were killing each other long before Europeans showed up.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#675188 Nov 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus, you were born a Jew and now you are an expert on Native American spirituality.
BTW, those tribes were not above killing, raping, sodomizing, torturing, and practicing genocide on each other. They could speak the same language base and do that just because they were a different tribe. They would also sacrifice each other in religious rituals not of a Christian nature.
Exactly, and that's why the Spanish called them heathens, then proceeded to murder, rape and steal their gold , because they needed god to murder and rape,and steal from people apparently.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#675189 Nov 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one who's angry here...
It's really not a good idea to respond to antagonists like her and alot of others. It's only fuel for them to keep posting rude, insulting, non-knowledge-based comments. Best to just ignore them, respond to more sensible posts, and try and keep things at least a bit cordial and hopefully people like her can stop visiting this thread and create their own hate-spewing one!!!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#675190 Nov 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say I was an expert on ANYTHING- let alone Native American spirituality- so why do you lie?

Why is lying the ULTIMATE Christian way?? What is WITH you people?

Also, you will note I used sources for what I posted. So how you get that I perceive myself as any sort of expert on American Native spirituality; again, I ask- why IS lying the ULTIMATE Christian way?

Expecting your Jesus to forgive and forget should you admit to your Jesus that you're a LIAR?

Dave- the massacre and decimation of Native Americans was due to the CHRISTIAN European settlers whether by outright acts of disgusting aggression or dying due to small pox and other diseases brought over by those who came to settle in the New World.

I didn't ASK about what Native Americans did to each other- and either did RR- he asked for proof that the massacres and systematic killing of Native Americans was carried out by Christians.

I provided him with what he asked for.

Rocky Ford, CO

#675191 Nov 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, and that's why the Spanish called them heathens, then proceeded to murder, rape and steal their gold , because they needed god to murder and rape,and steal from people apparently.
Your knowledge of history is extremely limited.

Those were the Conquistadors. The Church eventually brought them in line. Many were thrown in prison for their abuses.

The Aztec, Comanche and the Navajo were no slouches on the conquest game. They needed no deity to justify their actions. In fact their actions pushed many other tribes right into the arms of the Spanish.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#675192 Nov 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"It is sometimes said that the birth of Mithras was a virgin birth, like that of Jesus. But no ancient source gives such a birth myth for Mithras. In Mithraic Studies it is stated that Mithras was born as an adult from solid rock "
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithras_in_com...
You're just a bullshitter.
GEN. 19:14

("Lot went out, and spoke unto his sons-in-law which married his daughters"--KJ, ASV, BBE, NAB, NWT, MT, LV)

versus

("Lot went out and said to his sons-in-law, who were to marry his daughters"--RS, LB, NIV, JB, NEB, TEV, NAS).

Were the sons-in-law married to Lot's daughters and how could they be sons-in-law if they weren't)?

Anyone want to try to answer this?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 13 min Mo Money Manafort... 27,018
Why are so many black people so FAT? (Jul '09) 4 hr juliakk 230
Black women hate White men? (Feb '11) 4 hr juliakk 67
make money online. free. easy to start. no cred... (Sep '15) 4 hr juliakk 9
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr Anthony MN 685,932
Leftists libs DONT KNOW their own history 6 hr Wake Up 2
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 6 hr Johnny 69
More from around the web