Comments
639,901 - 639,920 of 732,870 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#674577 Nov 19, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>So I guess you view the millions of Jews, Buddhists and those of other religions who live in this country- many of whom were BORN here and are no less American than you are- to be garbage, right?
Right.

We're all garbage.

Location hidden

#674578 Nov 19, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Then don't talk to me about how you believe in the power of your god.
Being "only human" doesn't mean disobeying what you BELIEVE to be the right way to live; for you that would be according to the commandments of the BIBLE you CLAIM you believe in, but for which you show precious little evidence that you actually do.
H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E.
The power of God IS heaven, dumb ass.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#674579 Nov 19, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Actually our nation is a Christian nation. It may not seem like it but deep down as I remember it, it was a Christian nation and really still is, but you wouldn't think it with all the pollution like gay marriage, atheism and other things that make it seem less and less like one.
...and if that wasn't enough.....here is another site that echoes the same:

http://signsofthelastdays.com/archives/the-de...

"Are we witnessing the decline of Christianity in America? When you examine all of the most recent poll numbers, the answer is inescapable. Christian churches in America are losing members rapidly, and this trend is especially dramatic among young Americans.

According to a stunning new survey by America's Research Group, 95 percent of 20 to 29 year old evangelicals attended church regularly during their elementary and middle school years. However, only 55 percent of them attended church regularly during high school, and only 11 percent of them were still regularly attending church when in college.

Those numbers have got to be incredibly sobering to the evangelical Christian leadership in the United States.

The reality is that young Americans are deserting the Church in America in droves.

The other day we came across an article in Advertising Age that blew us away. The article was discussing marketing and religion, but what impacted us so profoundly were some figures from the American Religious Identification Survey by the Institute for the Study of Secularism in Society & Culture at Trinity College.

According to that survey, 15% of Americans now say they have "no religion" which is up from 8% in 1990.

That would be bad enough news for evangelical Christianity.

But there is some more news from that survey that is much worse.

In that same survey, 46% of Americans between the ages of 18 to 34 indicated that they had no religion."

Since you don't want to hear of the truth, I can understand why you probably will refute it.

Sounds like you've been told inaccurate data.

Location hidden

#674580 Nov 19, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You've proven countless times over that you are clueless as to what the word "theory" means when applied to science.
"Too"??? ROFFLMAO!!
RR, the ONLY thing you have EVER "taught" me is how much of knuckle-headed hypocrite you are.
Oh! And one other thing you taught me is how much you LOVE being willfully ignorant and intellectually lazy- not that you necessarily have a choice, so since I doubt you can be anything BUT willfully ignorant and intellectually lazy I understand why you so gleefully wallow in it.
If you say so.

Just as long as you make me a sammich.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#674581 Nov 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a huge difference between arguing, debating or even criticizing another poster compared to attacking them with outright bullshit and lies. BenAssFucked excels at the latter. He makes your shit talking look like an ice cream cone covered in sugar and love.
So I stand up and fight back.
So sue me.
I don''t personally give a flying f*ck WHAT you say or WHAT you do.

But YOU should.

After all, according to YOU, you believe in the power of your god.

If that power you believe in can't prevent you from saying the disgusting things you say here and which fly in the face of what your bible COMMANDS you to say, then the power of your god is as impotent as is your god himself.

As the Christian you claim you are, you should be able to find the strength within yourself to do as your god and your Jesus command you to do.

That you obviously can not, tells me you are just as impotent as is your god and the power of the god you claim to believe in.

I don't know how many times I need to spell out "hypocrite" for you, so let's try this:

P-H-O-N-E-Y.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#674582 Nov 19, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Actually our nation is a Christian nation. It may not seem like it but deep down as I remember it, it was a Christian nation and really still is, but you wouldn't think it with all the pollution like gay marriage, atheism and other things that make it seem less and less like one.
No, the US is not a Christian nation.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#674583 Nov 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
We're all garbage.
Speak for yourself.

Don't drag ME into your religion designed to not only keep the masses ignorant, but also downtrodden and believing that "we're all garbage".

The religion of Christianity not only does NOT uplift, it's actually very morbid.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#674584 Nov 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again- disobeying your god and your Jesus, dumb ASS.

So your god is only powerful in "heaven"?

Wha???

Location hidden

#674585 Nov 19, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"Are we witnessing the decline of Christianity in America? When you examine all of the most recent poll numbers, the answer is inescapable. Christian churches in America are losing members rapidly, and this trend is especially dramatic among young Americans.
According to a stunning new survey by America's Research Group, 95 percent of 20 to 29 year old evangelicals attended church regularly during their elementary and middle school years. However, only 55 percent of them attended church regularly during high school, and only 11 percent of them were still regularly attending church when in college.
Those numbers have got to be incredibly sobering to the evangelical Christian leadership in the United States.
The reality is that young Americans are deserting the Church in America in droves.
The other day we came across an article in Advertising Age that blew us away. The article was discussing marketing and religion, but what impacted us so profoundly were some figures from the American Religious Identification Survey by the Institute for the Study of Secularism in Society & Culture at Trinity College.
According to that survey, 15% of Americans now say they have "no religion" which is up from 8% in 1990.
In that same survey, 46% of Americans between the ages of 18 to 34 indicated that they had no religion."
Since you don't want to hear of the truth, I can understand why you probably will refute it.
Young Americans aren't the brightest.

"Americans Are Losing Confidence in the Nation but Still Believe in Themselves"

"A new poll on values shows that there's less faith in Washington, Wall Street, and even God."

"America's values are in upheaval, triggered by the advance of technology, prolonged pessimism, and a loss of confidence in major social, political, economic, and religious institutions"

"While Americans have become far more socially tolerant of different lifestyles, they have become far more cynical about Wall Street, the ability to succeed on one's own merits, the future of their children, and even the existence of God"

"More than two thirds (69 percent) believe that American values have declined, and they point to political corruption, increased materialism, declining family values, and a celebrity-obsessed culture as the culprits."

http://m.theatlantic.com/national/archive/201...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#674586 Nov 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you say so.
Make you a sammie?

I wouldn't let the mangiest dog alive piss on you if you were on fire.

Location hidden

#674587 Nov 19, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the US is not a Christian nation.
Yes, it is.

It always had been.

Location hidden

#674588 Nov 19, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I don''t personally give a flying f*ck WHAT you say or WHAT you do.
But YOU should.
After all, according to YOU, you believe in the power of your god.
If that power you believe in can't prevent you from saying the disgusting things you say here and which fly in the face of what your bible COMMANDS you to say, then the power of your god is as impotent as is your god himself.
As the Christian you claim you are, you should be able to find the strength within yourself to do as your god and your Jesus command you to do.
That you obviously can not, tells me you are just as impotent as is your god and the power of the god you claim to believe in.
I don't know how many times I need to spell out "hypocrite" for you, so let's try this:
P-H-O-N-E-Y.
OCB wrote:

I do.

Why do you think I'm so reserved all the time?

Why do you think I don't call names like you do?

But every person has their breaking point.

BenAssFucked has crossed it.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#674589 Nov 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be a preacher...

Location hidden

#674590 Nov 19, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Speak for yourself.
Don't drag ME into your religion designed to not only keep the masses ignorant, but also downtrodden and believing that "we're all garbage".
The religion of Christianity not only does NOT uplift, it's actually very morbid.
Holyfuckingshitballs.

It was a joke, man.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#674591 Nov 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you say so.
POOF!

You're a sammich.

Location hidden

#674592 Nov 19, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Make you a sammie?
I wouldn't let the mangiest dog alive piss on you if you were on fire.
You are so kind.

But I'm not into the golden shower like you are.

Location hidden

#674594 Nov 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>POOF!
You're a sammich.
Lol

Allow me to rephrase.

Fix me a sammich.

I mean.

Get your little ass back in the kitchen and fix me a sammich now, woman.

Location hidden

#674595 Nov 19, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll probably like this.

OCB, too.

"America Sucks Less"

It's pretty funny.

http://youtu.be/cwQAyskqG0g

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#674596 Nov 19, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm weird, just checked it again and there are 8, Im using Konqueror, tried it with Firefox too and the same, with IE for some reason it comes up on a different page with 6 RR posts.
Perhaps I owe him an apology
Topix doesnt have the same pages for everyone, I've found some posts don't even appear in my machine or history.
I see 3 posts by RR on that link. one is this one...

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Tenerife

#674597 Nov 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The OT doesn't give an age of the earth.
Since you got that wrong, I'm just gonna assume the rest is wrong, too.
Probably biased as well.
I know the Bible does not give an age of the earth, but many millions of evangelical fundamentalists today believe the Ussher chronology that puts the age at about 6,000+- years.

The Ussher chronology is a 17th-century chronology of the history of the world formulated from a literal reading of the Bible by James Ussher, the Archbishop of Armagh (Church of Ireland). The chronology is sometimes associated with young Earth creationism, which holds that the universe was created only a few millennia ago by God as described in the first two chapters of the Biblical book of Genesis.

You will notice I said that:
Of course we all understand that the age of the universe and earth is NOT 6,000+- years old.

As for the rest of the stuff in my post, you cannot refute it because it is true and can be demonstrated by science.

The Bible is demonstrably wrong, and its wrong on so many points that it has eaten away at the very foundation of Christianity.

Your religion is relegated to the slush pile where all other religions now reside.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snapchat couples and girls for fun 5 min girls united states 22
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 538,885
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Stilgar Fifrawi 226,315
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min WasteWater 257,914
"50" BEHEADINGS Next in USA ? (*News) 7 min YTubeFoxNews 1
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 min JUDEletePete 117,964
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 min shyam 5,313
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 19 min Seraphima 599,869
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 38 min dduttonnc 94,663
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••