Prove there's a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#674997 Nov 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus told a very wealthy man; “You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
I'm not very wealthy and Jesus wasn't talking to me when He said that.
The moral of that parable is that earthly riches do not gain you access to heaven.
I knew you didn't understand it.
And I guarantee that you still don't. You see the Bible through your own version of beer goggles.
A "REAL" Christian understands the message.
No- Jesus is NEVER talking to YOU when you wish to go against what your Jesus preaches or when what your Jesus preaches doesn't suit your own agenda, wants and desires.

And I don't wear beer goggles and I don't drink beer.

And you are NOT A CHRISTIAN.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#674998 Nov 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't Jesus, you stupid ass.
<quoted text>
Who is the "you" in that?
Is it everyone or is it the individual Jesus was speaking to?
A: The individual.
But the moral of the story is understood.
By "REAL" Christians.
You're just a Jeweist Cherokee Princess descended from Euro-trash, you don't know shit.
Hey, STUPID.

Does you no good to UNDERSTAND the moral of a story if you don't ACT on that moral, which you do NOT.

And again- you keep proving how you missed the point of my post to Dave yesterday, and you have also posted that you are descended from the Irish and the German, so given that you're already AMERICAN trash, no doubt those YOU descended from were Euro-trash garbage.

Get lost, RR- you're a nasty pile of crap, nonsense, ignorance and stupidity.

Yeah- some "Christian" YOU are.

YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN.

You are a WANNA-BE Christian just as you are a WANNA-BE man and just as you are a WANNA-BE decent human being.

You FAIL on ALL counts.

That's YOUR cross to bear.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#674999 Nov 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Christine, I didn't mock you nor did I impose my will on anyone else.
I'm sorry you're so defensive about you using spellcheck, etc. and making me a target of your defensiveness is unfair since I posted to you that I understand why it is easier for YOU and in no way did I mock you.
Regardless, it's not as if no one spelled correctly or didn't know how to properly express themselves prior to the advent of computers.
In many ways- and not just regarding spellcheck/autocorrect, etc. people have allowed computers to replace their brains to do their thinking FOR them.
That is not always a good thing and in many respects it's a pretty bad thing.
Did you ever read or hear of this short story by Isaac Asimov?
It's titled: "The Feeling of Power" and it was written in 1957.
I'll post just the prologue of the story:
"Long, long ago in the 1960s, Earth scientists were building machines to imitate the human brain. In time, they succeeded to a degree. But now, at the time of this story, all of this early work has been forgotten. Men have become dependent upon computers, and there is a certain dissatisfaction with them."
It's a GREAT story and with a delightful twist of irony.
I heartily recommend it.
In any case, I meant no offense to you.
Sorry that you chose to take offense.
You stated bluntly that the use of spell check displayed laziness. I can assure you that it does not, spell check is a tool, just like a hammer and when used correctly it is a good tool but just like a hammer it can cause considerable damage if used incorrectly.

A computer is also a tool to be used and there is no doubt that computers have made life considerably easier than it would have been 30 years ago. That is not to say easier is lazier that is to say more efficient.

I have read most of Asimof’s work. He wrote fiction, science fiction and for sure he got a lot of things wrong. For example the digital commuter does not imitate the human brain.

You obviously do not mean to offend when making a global statement in the same way Joe Biden did not mean to offend Chuck Graham by asking him to stand up

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#675000 Nov 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just a Jeweist Cherokee Princess descended from Euro-trash, you don't know shit.
Your above words- among MANY others that fall out of that gaping maw of yours- are proof positive that you are NOT A CHRISTIAN.

Case CLOSED, you pathetic WANNA-BE.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#675001 Nov 21, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You stated bluntly that the use of spell check displayed laziness. I can assure you that it does not, spell check is a tool, just like a hammer and when used correctly it is a good tool but just like a hammer it can cause considerable damage if used incorrectly.
A computer is also a tool to be used and there is no doubt that computers have made life considerably easier than it would have been 30 years ago. That is not to say easier is lazier that is to say more efficient.
I have read most of Asimof’s work. He wrote fiction, science fiction and for sure he got a lot of things wrong. For example the digital commuter does not imitate the human brain.
You obviously do not mean to offend when making a global statement in the same way Joe Biden did not mean to offend Chuck Graham by asking him to stand up
Generally, it does indicate laziness. I made it a POINT to say I understand why in YOUR case it is such a useful tool for YOU. I wasn't mocking you or putting you down when I said that.

And sorry, but generally speaking,in many ways, computers make it all too easy for people to NOT use their own brains.

As I posted to Dave, computers are a blessing and a curse.

Again- I'm sorry that you took such offense when no offense was intended.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#675002 Nov 21, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And about Asimov, geez!!! All I did was recommend a great short STORY- FICTION- to you! Fiction doesn't have to be "right".

Calm down.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#675003 Nov 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Dave- just can't deal with your verbosity this morning and I find your take on what you call Topix atheists to be absurd; not based only on what you say about atheists in this post of yours, but many others as well.
And I don't want to add any fuel to the fire.
I can understand your feelings on such due to your limited perspectives.

Topix atheists play with their brains because they don't know what they are made of and how to use them. That is why they so blindly accept everything that someone who claims to be a real brain says.

They like to take shortcuts to boost their egos.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#675004 Nov 21, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
One last- yeah- and a calculator is a tool too.

Does that mean we shouldn't know on our own that 2+2=4, since a calculator can tell us that?

And since a calculator can tell us that, does that mean we shouldn't be bothered to learn WHY 2+2=4?

Enough of this- last time- I meant no offense. I am not responsible for your reaction or your feelings though again, I am sorry you took such offense as you did.

However, I'm not so sorry that I will extol the "virtues" of spellcheck.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#675005 Nov 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I was born Jewish but true enough I am not a practicing Jew since I don't adhere to the tenets of any organized religion.
As far as being a Deist, I've told you REPEATEDLY that I am as CLOSE to being a Deist as is possible; I never claimed to actually BE a Deist; I only claimed to be CLOSE to that.
As far as not being female, I don't care if you accept that I am or not; I accepted long ago that while you say YOU are a MAN, you are no man at all or at "best", a very sorry excuse for one.
RR, you SAY you are Christian, but that doesn't cut it.
No WAY do you walk the walk since you prove here on a daily basis that you can't even talk the talk- other than to repeatedly SAY you are a Christian.
I know you WISH you were, but sorry- wishing doesn't make it so.
Ok.

You SAY you were born a Jew but that doesn't cut it.

Whatever a Jew is, you're the opposite.

You aren't born a Jew.

How bout that.

Rocky Ford, CO

#675006 Nov 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>
Your above words- among MANY others that fall out of that gaping maw of yours- are proof positive that you are NOT A CHRISTIAN.
Case CLOSED, you pathetic WANNA-BE.
There is much discussion on here about defining an atheist.

Atheists like to define themselves, thank you.

Now, please tell us what empowers you to define what a Christian is?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#675007 Nov 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, STUPID.
Does you no good to UNDERSTAND the moral of a story if you don't ACT on that moral, which you do NOT.
And again- you keep proving how you missed the point of my post to Dave yesterday, and you have also posted that you are descended from the Irish and the German, so given that you're already AMERICAN trash, no doubt those YOU descended from were Euro-trash garbage.
Get lost, RR- you're a nasty pile of crap, nonsense, ignorance and stupidity.
Yeah- some "Christian" YOU are.
YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN.
You are a WANNA-BE Christian just as you are a WANNA-BE man and just as you are a WANNA-BE decent human being.
You FAIL on ALL counts.
That's YOUR cross to bear.
I do act on that principle, that moral, that parable, that lesson from Jesus.

I don't take too much value in my possessions, I don't care about the newest and coolest and trendiest things, I don't own new vehicles, I don't have a 62" plasma because everyone else does, I don't get in the 'battle of the Jones'", I do give to the poor, I do help feed the needy, etc.

I do follow Jesus' teaching on that.

Because I'm a Christian.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#675008 Nov 21, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
Just like a gun.

Rocky Ford, CO

#675009 Nov 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>One last- yeah- and a calculator is a tool too.
Does that mean we shouldn't know on our own that 2+2=4, since a calculator can tell us that?
And since a calculator can tell us that, does that mean we shouldn't be bothered to learn WHY 2+2=4?
Enough of this- last time- I meant no offense. I am not responsible for your reaction or your feelings though again, I am sorry you took such offense as you did.
Be honest. You said she was a wannabe intellect because she didn't think for herself or understand what she was doing.

Not that I disagree with you.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#675010 Nov 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
Yes but the calculator is a fantastic tool.

Try figuring your exact square footage without a calculator, you can do it, but the calculator makes it so much easier.

Convenience is nice, not lazy.

If you disagree, don't ever use your dishwasher or washing machine ever again.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#675011 Nov 21, 2013
A Formal Satire wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is your definition of "God," then god is a vacuous concept, devoid of meaning. You act as though humanity must be in a state or worship at all times.
Are you kidding me? Believing in yourself and others around you and not looking to the sky for some fabricated idea of an old man with a white beard that will answer all your questions and excuse you from any wrongdoing is devoid of meaning? If believing in yourself, those you care about and adhering to moral conscious efforts while taking responsibility for your own actions is worship then, yes, we should be in a state of worship at all times.

#675012 Nov 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And about Asimov, geez!!! All I did was recommend a great short STORY- FICTION- to you! Fiction doesn't have to be "right".
Calm down.
I assumed you were using the asimov work to indicate a point considering you brought it up at that time

I am perfectly calm thanks, I too was making a statement

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#675013 Nov 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand your feelings on such due to your limited perspectives.
Topix atheists play with their brains because they don't know what they are made of and how to use them. That is why they so blindly accept everything that someone who claims to be a real brain says.
They like to take shortcuts to boost their egos.
You know nothing about my perspectives, Dave other than what you ASSUME they are based on my postings, so you've really got not much to go on when making your assumption.

As far as your opinion of "Topix" atheists, what you say IS only your opinion without any basis in fact.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#675014 Nov 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok.
You SAY you were born a Jew but that doesn't cut it.
Whatever a Jew is, you're the opposite.
You aren't born a Jew.
How bout that.
Well, I was born a Jew. That's a fact.

As far as your other comments, okay.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#675015 Nov 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I do act on that principle, that moral, that parable, that lesson from Jesus.
I don't take too much value in my possessions, I don't care about the newest and coolest and trendiest things, I don't own new vehicles, I don't have a 62" plasma because everyone else does, I don't get in the 'battle of the Jones'", I do give to the poor, I do help feed the needy, etc.
I do follow Jesus' teaching on that.
Because I'm a Christian.
Well, geez, RR- I am NOT a Christian and don't CLAIM to be like YOU do.

But like you, I also don't care about the newest and coolest and trendiest things, I don't own new vehicles (my 2 door Honda Civic is a 2003), I don't have a HUGE big screen TV nor do I care about or try to keep up with the Jones'.

I also donate much to those in need on a regular and quite frequent basis.

And gee- I live as I do and do what I do and I do it all the while NOT being a Christian!

Imagine that!

Sorry, RR- but Christians have NOT cornered the market on being generous, giving or living simple lifestyles.

One need not be Christian to be charitable or live as you have stated you do.

#675016 Nov 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
I did not say that we should not know how a task is performed however we have no need to use clenched fists to knock a nail in.

Honey, I took no offence, I stated a point of view.

So you are not sorry for mocking disability. Fair enough. It seem that you still do not understand, never mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 6 min Tony 6,550
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Gods r Delusion x... 688,822
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 23 min Tm Cln 37,143
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 4,333
We do NOT need any walls! 6 hr Paul is dead 34
Harden and James....'the Beard Brothers' 6 hr Doctor REALITY 2
TRUMP OBAMA BUSH - Next Stage in a Big Con Game 6 hr Paul is dead 8
More from around the web