Prove there's a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#674954 Nov 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Hot air explosion , in Florida ....we hardly noticed cept..........SUPER SIZED LIP ACTION.... Yours...let us know.
Yeah- but I did notice the smell of your burp- what are you drinking now- grain alcohol?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#674955 Nov 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, just more honesty.
Okay.....I've long known you don't know the difference between belief/opinion and fact/truth.

Now I also know you don't know the difference between honesty and lying- not that I should be surprised at that; given how often you lie, I guess it makes sense that you're at the point where you've convinced yourself that your lies are honesty.

So I guess one could say that you honestly lie!

ROFLMAO!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#674956 Nov 21, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I disabled Spellcheck, too, as soon as I found out how.
It was annoying.
Spellcheck is basically a failure.

Not only does it make our brains lazy by not having to use them to spell correctly on our own, but it's a flawed program.

That's why we see errors such as the following when people use spellcheck:

I want to go over their.

So sure- it spells correctly, but not necessarily with the correct word.

And those who are so reliant on spellcheck and who are too lazy to use their own brains don't correct- or even notice- "spelling" errors such as in the above example.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#674957 Nov 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus told a wealthy young man who had kept the Old Covenant Law very well to sell all the he had and give it to the poor. He did not include a "Blessed are all those who sell all their possessions and distribute to the poor for they shall..." clause.
Also, if I gave the poor everything I have, they wouldn't be poor and would have to give back to me, cuz now I'm poor.
That logic just doesn't pan out.
So you're saying that your Jesus is an illogical moron.

I mean- it's not only YOU who the poor would have to give back to once you gave them all your stuff- the poor would have had to give back to the wealthy young man in the above story as well.

I guess your Jesus wasn't/isn't smart enough to think things through.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#674959 Nov 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Okay.....I've long known you don't know the difference between belief/opinion and fact/truth.
Now I also know you don't know the difference between honesty and lying- not that I should be surprised at that; given how often you lie, I guess it makes sense that you're at the point where you've convinced yourself that your lies are honesty.
So I guess one could say that you honestly lie!
ROFLMAO!
I hope you mopped that floor before you started rolling on it.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#674960 Nov 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Spellcheck is basically a failure.
Not only does it make our brains lazy by not having to use them to spell correctly on our own, but it's a flawed program.
I want to go over their.
And those who are so reliant on spellcheck and who are too lazy to use their own brains don't correct- or even notice- "spelling" errors such as in the above example.
Oh they have their place. For some people to communicate effectively they are a requirement, no laziness involved.

My use of spell checkers is so that I am able to communicate, not because I am lazy.

Without spell check you would be very hard pressed to read my comments.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#674961 Nov 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you mopped that floor before you started rolling on it.
Thanks for your concern. I guess that's the Christian in you, huh?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#674962 Nov 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus told a wealthy young man who had kept the Old Covenant Law very well to sell all the he had and give it to the poor. He did not include a "Blessed are all those who sell all their possessions and distribute to the poor for they shall..." clause.
Also, if I gave the poor everything I have, they wouldn't be poor and would have to give back to me, cuz now I'm poor.
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>So you're saying that your Jesus is an illogical moron.
I mean- it's not only YOU who the poor would have to give back to once you gave them all your stuff- the poor would have had to give back to the wealthy young man in the above story as well.
I guess your Jesus wasn't/isn't smart enough to think things through.
No.

That would be your infantile brain that can't figure out the meaning of that parable.

That's probably why you're a Jewish Cherokee Princess...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#674963 Nov 21, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh they have their place. For some people to communicate effectively they are a requirement, no laziness involved.
My use of spell checkers is so that I am able to communicate, not because I am lazy.
Without spell check you would be very hard pressed to read my comments.
Dictionaries work just as well and did for hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years.

I understand why spellcheck is a great help to you, but for many, it is used out of nothing more than pure laziness and allowing "someone" else to do the work.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#674964 Nov 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Spellcheck is basically a failure.
I want to go over their.
AutoCorrect is pretty awesome, especially when you're trying to type from an iPhone.

It just makes it easier, auto-capitalizes, auto-corrects and auto-punctuates.

It also helps us dyslexic folk to appear to be not so stupid.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#674965 Nov 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for your concern. I guess that's the Christian in you, huh?
No.

You are undeserving of my Christian side.

You reap what you sow...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#674966 Nov 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No.
That would be your infantile brain that can't figure out the meaning of that parable.
That's probably why you're a Jewish Cherokee Princess...
Oh- I get the meaning of the parable alright.....apparently, YOU do not since YOU posted that "the logic just doesn't pan out" when you applied that parable to yourself.

As far as being a Jewish Cherokee princess, I posted what I did to Dave to make a POINT- a point that obviously not only went over HIS pointy head, but yours as well.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#674967 Nov 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
AutoCorrect is pretty awesome, especially when you're trying to type from an iPhone.
It just makes it easier, auto-capitalizes, auto-corrects and auto-punctuates.
It also helps us dyslexic folk to appear to be not so stupid.
Okay- you're not dyslexic. Stop trying to make acceptable excuses for your stupidity.

Yeah- it makes it SO much easier- I guess that's why just yesterday you posted that "autocorrect can be a bitch."

Most people who prefer to NOT have to use their "god given" brains rely on how much "easier" spellcheck/autocorrect makes it to express oneself properly.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#674968 Nov 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
You reap what you sow...
You don't HAVE a Christian side because you are NOT A CHRISTIAN.

What else ya got?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#674969 Nov 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
You reap what you sow...
Really? Your Jesus would command you otherwise.

But- different day, same RR crapping all over his Jesus.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#674970 Nov 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Dictionaries work just as well and did for hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years.
I understand why spellcheck is a great help to you, but for many, it is used out of nothing more than pure laziness and allowing "someone" else to do the work.
I absolutely agree with you on this subject 100%.

It is the difference between thinking and elucidating and just regurgitating.

It is snowing here this morning. Nice morning to just take it easy. Wish you were here so we could intellectualize. Although most any woman would do.

sigh...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#674971 Nov 21, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Than why did you do it ?:(
Sorry, it's an abnormal morning.

I may be a tad picky.

The Borderland of Sol

#674972 Nov 21, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
It was big news over this side of the Atlantic puddle, the oxford dictionary has chosen it as works of the year
I saw that. Posted it elsewhere...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#674973 Nov 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I absolutely agree with you on this subject 100%.
It is the difference between thinking and elucidating and just regurgitating.
It is snowing here this morning. Nice morning to just take it easy. Wish you were here so we could intellectualize. Although most any woman would do.
sigh...
I doubt anyone would disagree that computers are both a blessing and a curse.

Frankly, I find them to be considerably more of a curse than a blessing, but like pretty much everyone else nowadays, I am dependent upon them for my work if nothing else.

I think I could very easily slide back into the "old fashioned" way of doing things that most of us do by means of computer now.

Spelling is one of several things I would NEVER rely on a computer to do correctly.

Computers can cause atrophy of the brain- maybe not literally, but I assume you get my point.

The ultimate computer IS the brain; I prefer to exercise my brain as much as I possibly can and I try to rely on computers as little as possible; for instance, I don't do my personal banking online, I pay most of my bills the old fashioned way by mailing checks but some bills I'll pay by phone, but NEVER by computer.

And....I have a couple of friends who live elsewhere and we communicate the "old fashioned" way- either by phone or by regular letter and no email!

Wow- talk about a backhanded compliment! First you say you wish I was there and then you say "most any woman would do"??

Well, that leaves ME out, since I am NOT "most any woman".

I'm too unique and too much my own person to be lumped in with "most any woman".

The Borderland of Sol

#674974 Nov 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
You reap what you sow...
"See what you made me do!"

The eternal plaint of the sociopath.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min River Tam 619,794
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 43 min Seentheotherside 687,261
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 47 min Bongo 30,971
My "thorn in the flesh" God won't fix....this s... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 4
loan shark needed asap (Mar '09) 3 hr Panteri11 17
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr RADEKT 286,555
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 8 hr Halle Berry Sister 4,315
More from around the web