Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
So...your prayer is...
"Thank you God for wiping out those other people and not me"?
You would prefer it happened to you?

Those storms are part of your existential support system. Rumor has it this is not heaven or the most perfect environment for one to sit back and take everything real easy.

Perhaps if you got hit by one of those you would go to a place like that?

Be grateful you didn't and you can moralize about the inequities of life and whatever created it.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
well the timeline is, I was born an atheist, all babies are born atheist, I got older and went to school where daily worship was mandated, because of that and being TAKEN(no option to refuse) to a methodist chapel on sundays I self identified as a christian. This was the indoctrination.
I got older experienced life, the indoctrination stopped and social acceptance did not hinge upon my attendance or slavish acceptance of the contents of a book of fables which I had ALWAYS found to be nonsense.
I joined the Army and travelled a world; the state of which negates any existence of a god, benevolent, non interventionist or otherwise...
I returned to the default state of atheism by the age of 21.
You were born atheist because when you poked your little beak out into the bright light you became bedazzled exploring this strange new experience. You went back because of unpleasantness encountered and without understanding of why it happened. Pure reactiveness.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/13/us/nasa-saturn-...

We were much, much closer at one time.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no.
You said the "Roman Empire".
Now you say "Rome".
There is still a city named Rome, but it is no empire.
They are very different.
RR, I find it odd that you are critical in texts posted here, but not texually critical with the Bible.

Why?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop asking.
I've already told you that I can't tell you.
I have to show you.
Can't tell means can't tell.
Capisce?
So you're a magician, huh?

I mean- if someone asks a magician HOW they did a trick, the magician will say they can't TELL them, but have to SHOW them.

Of course, if it's a good magician, even SHOWING the trick won't explain how the trick was done.

But of course, a magician CAN tell you HOW they do a trick.

So I guess you're not much of a magician after all; not only can you NOT tell me HOW you would show proof of the existence of your god, you can't even do the trick.

But you'll continue to post from time to time that anyone who comes out to Riverside, CA will then be shown by you the proof of the existence of the god you believe in.

Quite "amazing"........(th at you would say such rubbish, that is....)

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
God is not money.
God is not anger.
God is not illness.
God is not hate.
God is love, wellness, happiness,
togetherness, goodness, children,
home, friendship and peace.
DAMN IT!!

I'm "God"!!

WHEW-WHEW!!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Thats a knee slapper wrote:
<quoted text>
Money is evil.
Anger is evil.
Illness is sometimes evil and non-forgiving.
Hate is evil.
Wellness is a medical state.
Happiness is a mental state.
Togetherness does not mean love, it is to conquer loneliness.
Goodness is just that good, it is a moral.
Children, now that is love. You will love nothing like you love your children.
Home is where you hang your hat.
Friendship close to love but more of got used to companionship.
Peace is just another way of being happy, a state of mind.
*sighs*

Darn it - you just bursted my bubble.

How could you, I was just soooo content a minute ago?

:o)

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>So? You've decided the entire state is off-limits to you because the death of your grandfather wasn't a good experience?
Like I said....weird.
To you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Correct. But by your own words, you PROVE that your experiences are in no way proof you can show to anyone about the existence of any god!
I'm not asking you to come to Orlando so that I can prove to you I kissed my man goodbye this morning!
I'm not asking you to come to Orlando so that I can prove to you that I had a dream last night!!
But YOU are telling people here to go out to Riverside, CA so that you can show them PROOF of your god!
Do you NOT see how INSANE you sound?
Even if I came out to Orlando, you could not prove that you kissed your man or that you had a dream.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
well the timeline is, I was born an atheist, all babies are born atheist, I got older and went to school where daily worship was mandated, because of that and being TAKEN(no option to refuse) to a methodist chapel on sundays I self identified as a christian. This was the indoctrination.
I got older experienced life, the indoctrination stopped and social acceptance did not hinge upon my attendance or slavish acceptance of the contents of a book of fables which I had ALWAYS found to be nonsense.
I joined the Army and travelled a world; the state of which negates any existence of a god, benevolent, non interventionist or otherwise...
I returned to the default state of atheism by the age of 21.
The British army?

hehe

Ok, so you became an atheist at 21.

Babies, newborns, are not atheists. They don't have the ability to not believe in God, banana splits or anything else.

Atheism is learned, too.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, Fox News ?
No wonder you haven't heard about what happened in the Philippines.
Try CNN or BBC, it amazing what you will find out is going on outside of the USA.
NHK's good . So's Al-Jazeera.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
How will you show me proof existing only in your head?
How can you prove that anything exists outside of your own thoughts?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah- everyone except YOU has said that and with very few exceptions- if any- YOU are one that NEVER leaves.
Even regular posters here and many who have been posting here for years take breaks from time to time.
Not you, though.......
Concern yourself with YOUR overwhelming addiction to Topix and don't ASSume that everyone suffers from the overwhelming addiction to Topix which YOU suffer from.
All said while you post your walls of text....

Funny.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if I came out to Orlando, you could not prove that you kissed your man or that you had a dream.
Sigh.......but I could prove I have hands and you could still NOT proof the existence of any god and no matter if it was in Riverside, CA, or Orlando, FL or anywhere else for that matter.

And yet AGAIN- I am NOT asking YOU to come to Orlando so that I can prove I kissed my man or had a dream.

On the other hand, you have stated here repeatedly that all anyone need do for you to prove the existence of your god to them is for them to head out to Riverside, CA.

And yet AGAIN- you fail miserably in your attempt to compare apples to oranges, two fruits you have stated are alike and they are NOT at ALL alike other than both being a type of fruit and both being round.

But the differences between apples and oranges are much more pointed and much more glaring than are their similarities.

And that is the same with you saying I can't prove I kissed my man or had a dream since you have repeatedly stated that you COULD prove the existence of your god if one comes out to Riverside, CA.

Wholly different scenarios, just as apples and oranges are wholly different fruits.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You do such a great job pecking out words with your beak, why would anyone need hands?
Xbox.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
To you.
To most.

So let's say a loved one of yours died in Riverside and it wasn't a good experience.

Would you then move and never set foot in Riverside or CA again?

If so, yeah- that's weird.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the standard of proof you raise for what is described by your book to be the most awesome, powerful and energetic entity in the universe?
So your god is on a par with that bilious feeling I get after eating a really ripe stilton cheese with Tawny Port? I can feel it but no one else can...
Uh...

Bilious? Ripe Stilton? Tawny Port?

Look, I only speak bad English, ok.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
You cudda just said that in the first place.
Actually, I did...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
RR, I find it odd that you are critical in texts posted here, but not texually critical with the Bible.
Why?
What?

I am critical about the Bible.

Remember the other day, where I showed you that the Bible says Jesus is God? You though it didn't.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh.......but I could prove I have hands and you could still NOT proof the existence of any god and no matter if it was in Riverside, CA, or Orlando, FL or anywhere else for that matter.
And yet AGAIN- I am NOT asking YOU to come to Orlando so that I can prove I kissed my man or had a dream.
On the other hand, you have stated here repeatedly that all anyone need do for you to prove the existence of your god to them is for them to head out to Riverside, CA.
And yet AGAIN- you fail miserably in your attempt to compare apples to oranges, two fruits you have stated are alike and they are NOT at ALL alike other than both being a type of fruit and both being round.
But the differences between apples and oranges are much more pointed and much more glaring than are their similarities.
And that is the same with you saying I can't prove I kissed my man or had a dream since you have repeatedly stated that you COULD prove the existence of your god if one comes out to Riverside, CA.
Wholly different scenarios, just as apples and oranges are wholly different fruits.
Exactly.

You can't prove you kissed your man.

You can NOT ever prove you had a dream.

Hell, you can't even prove you have hands.

But you want me to "Prove there's a god"? HA!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••