Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#673758 Nov 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't the forehead. Geez, you can't even get that right.
It was the top of my head. It wasn't goosebumps but that's the best way I can describe it. Imagine goosebumps on your head, circular and about the size of a quarter. Now imagine that sensation holding there for five or so minutes. Then imagine a warm, cuddly feeling coursing through your body, sort of like how you feel the warmth going down your throat after sipping a hot drink, but all over your body.
Something like that.
I wonder why god chooses to communicate with his creations in such a confusing manner.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#673759 Nov 14, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
what a paranoid narcissistic sock
disgusting
Tough noogies.

Whining offends my sensitivities.

The world stops for no one. You pick up and go and make do with what you got left.

Blame the medical profession, not something you say doesn't exist.

Self pity gets in the way of living, God or no God.

Since: Nov 13

Lakeland, FL

#673760 Nov 14, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Adults are disgusting.
Does the age really matter?
RR I hope you still don't play doctor. You said you was 5 or 6 the FIRST time you played doctor, so do you still play doctor? If so and it's with children ( AND THAT YOU WOULD NOT ADMIT TO SO I WON'T ASK) I will drive to California and find you!! You can figure out the rest. No matter what religion or non religion you do not bring children into it, you let them make their own choice, and as far as playing doctor with a child I am sure most here would agree that is sick and terms for you to be hung.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#673761 Nov 14, 2013
"By the opening of the 20th century the stories of the Creation, Noah's ark, and the Tower of Babel- in short, chapters 1 to 11 of the Book of Genesis - had ceased to be taken literally by scholars, and the starting point for biblical history was regarded as the stories of Abraham, Isaac, and the other Hebrew patriarchs.

Then in the 1970s, largely through the publication of two books, Thomas L. Thompson's The Historicity of the Patriarchal Narratives and John Van Seters' Abraham in History and Tradition it became widely accepted that the remaining chapters of Genesis were equally non-historical.

At the same time, archaeology and comparative sociology convinced most scholars in the field that there was equally little historical basis to the biblical stories of the Exodus and the Israelite conquest of Canaan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_minimal...

Since Genesis and Exodus are kinda' like the Jews and Yahweh's foundational myths, this puts a real crimp in the whole 'God' thing....it's all made up nonsense.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#673762 Nov 14, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
"By the opening of the 20th century the stories of the Creation, Noah's ark, and the Tower of Babel- in short, chapters 1 to 11 of the Book of Genesis - had ceased to be taken literally by scholars, and the starting point for biblical history was regarded as the stories of Abraham, Isaac, and the other Hebrew patriarchs.
Then in the 1970s, largely through the publication of two books, Thomas L. Thompson's The Historicity of the Patriarchal Narratives and John Van Seters' Abraham in History and Tradition it became widely accepted that the remaining chapters of Genesis were equally non-historical.
At the same time, archaeology and comparative sociology convinced most scholars in the field that there was equally little historical basis to the biblical stories of the Exodus and the Israelite conquest of Canaan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_minimal...
Since Genesis and Exodus are kinda' like the Jews and Yahweh's foundational myths, this puts a real crimp in the whole 'God' thing....it's all made up nonsense.
I watched a program last night that say's there have been so many mistranslations that it's practically meaningless.
There were biblical scholars who are Christians saying it.
For instance the story of Jesus and the whore...total insertion.
It wasn't in there, this was an addition by order of King James.

http://www.history.com/shows/bible-secrets-re...
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#673763 Nov 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you like to think that but it's simply not true. Christianity has been on the rise for 2,000 years and it's till on the rise.
Apparently RevAnal believes everything IANS preaches at him.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#673764 Nov 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence for dreams.
There is no evidence of love, hate, jealousy, fear, etc.
There is no evidence for karma.
There is no evidence for ghosts.
There is no evidence for intuition.
There is no evidence for aliens.
There is no evidence for luck.
Which of those do you believe exist?
xD

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#673765 Nov 15, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure what you mean...inbreeding is an abomination no matter where it happens.
Yes it is, what I am highlighting is the hypocrisy of some who welcome (or certainly don’t object to) the inbreeding in their own community and the yet vomit hatred to others of a different faith for doing exactly the same thing

I have certainly noticed RR and buck display similar sentiments although not on the subject of inbreeding

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#673766 Nov 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I watched a program last night that say's there have been so many mistranslations that it's practically meaningless.
There were biblical scholars who are Christians saying it.
For instance the story of Jesus and the whore...total insertion.
It wasn't in there, this was an addition by order of King James.
http://www.history.com/shows/bible-secrets-re...
Just watched that show.
Found a few errors but in general spot on.
Many of us "believers" do not hold to 'Church Traditions' and seek to discern as much of the truth regarding Jesus as we can.

So far, it has strengthened my belief in Jesus rather than weakened them. I find that simultaneously amazing and terrifying.

#673767 Nov 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"An even greater prblem was the NAZI seizure of huge areas of some of the most roductive farm land in the Sioviet Union. The NAZIs seized much of the Ukraine in 1941 and the rest in th1942. Even when these lands were liberated during 1943-44, farms were damaged by the Soviet scoarched earth effort (1941-42) and the NAZIs destroyed buildings and equipment, especially as they retreated (1943-44). We are unsure how Russia survived without the Ukranian bread basket. America provided substantial food supplies, but this was primarily used for the military. Nor do we have details on how the NAZIs used and exploited the agricuktural lands that they seized and exploited (1941-42."
http://histclo.com/essay/war/ww2/cou/sov/home...
There were also large scale famines as a result of collectivization just prior to the war that killed millions from starvation. Russia had always been one of the top agricultural producers, but that and the war really put a hurt on them. Without the food the central government would have fallen and thus Russia. Germany's backdoor would have been a garden and munitions factory and you would been a member of the Nazi youth.
Yes, as I said, thank you for helping (eventually)in the allied war2 effort,(well your elders anyway because glory seekers like you and RR can only bask in their past efforts)

Now what do you want a medal?

Your post still makes no difference to the fact that the US, possibly your grandparents, possibly not, helped the allied war effort, while other US concerns were financing and equipping and Reich.

The only way Hitler could win in Russia was to take Stalingrad and cut so of the oil supply to the over 6+ million troops (remaining in 1945, millions more before) as well as almost 100,000 tanks. He failed then refused retreats and his forces were massacred. If he had he allowed retreat he would definitely not have taken Staningrad however the chances are his losses would have been fewer.

Not forgetting Hitler’s errors in timing, planning and logistics to mount the Russian campaign.

Russians suffered horrendously in WW2 and it’s just like a second hand, sit at home American glory seeker to attempt to minimise that horror and take the credit for “saving their a$$es”

#673768 Nov 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you aren't justified in claiming to know what I've posted.
I know what you posted that was addressed to me. And you have lied repeatedly about what you posted to me.

#673769 Nov 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> It means our dumb-asses outnumber your dumb-asses 5 to 1.
lol
Glad you admit that redneck inbreeding means your country is 5 times dumber than ours - bounce...
truth

Noranda, Australia

#673770 Nov 15, 2013
NOBODY CARE
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
your real god say in holy scripture run don't turn over when trouble come
imitation as jesus and josip run

see big deference

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
see asked yourself
why you need spilled blade mr and mrs $spilicanin
a tako vi ste spiljak
ma nemoj
iz koje spilje ste rekoh sa bleda
neke ledene spilje
a tako to vi pecinski i vecinski
ukidateli vjecanje
pa kako ces da promjenish vjecnost
vijek po vijek
vijak na vijak

jelto vi opet
ko to tamo govori
ona sa novreskog
a tako
kukuviljaca
jelto vi o mackarim u veljaci 22 2-4.maj
3.5 mounths nightmare
a to su kilari
ma nemoj
jeste
dal bijete il jebete

a tak se casni sud brani za ono r e
nema ovdje onera
a tako
vas grad je onerich city
ispod mackova klanca
jelto tvoja mama ima dugu kosu

jeste

ma nemoj
nesto ste mi pokukuljili a time vidi koje dosho
ma umorite je
a tako se onari i kusuri brane

see
to ja onako malce za rizance
jelto neko poznaje
Doktore Drpiche

jeste bogme to ce vama vash comuniti prevodioc pomoch..
prvo
kolko tko sta ima
a ako nema peri ruke
a ako ima umukaj sto dublje u dzep
mamu mu za rezance na vanglance
jelto neko o cicilici
jeste
stari
vrangali
da vas dragi bog oslobodi od svih vragova i rogova
please tell me where you see that sword of god have 2 sharp edge
number 2 not looks like that no
who is number one.e
who is number two.n
harveyton

Donora, PA

#673771 Nov 15, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……
Amazing bones that are left--hes dead proven

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#673772 Nov 15, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder why god chooses to communicate with his creations in such a confusing manner.
LOL!

Location hidden

#673773 Nov 15, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> youre a meanace to society ,deviant reprobate

Jesus often made statements and committed acts which invalidate any claims he made to the Messiahship. Examples, such as the following, are worthy of note.

Mark 9:25-26 says: "...he (Jesus) rebuked the foul spirit, saying into him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him. And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him;..."

Jesus' statement is false, because if the spirit was deaf, how could he have heard Jesus and come out? If he was dumb, how could he have cried out?

In Mark 10:19 Jesus said: "Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, do not steal, do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother." Jesus needs to re-read the Ten Commandments. There is no Old Testament commandment against defrauding. The only relevant statement about defrauding is in Lev. 19:13, which says: "Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbor." This is an OT law, but is not listed with the Ten Commandments.

In Mark 8:35 Jesus said: "...but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's the same shall save it." How could Jesus have said this when there was no gospel when he lived? The gospel did not appear until after his death.

Location hidden

#673774 Nov 15, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>In other words, prayer doesn't do squat.
Well, we knew that.
Concession noted.
Even if one prays like Jesus says; nothing fails like prayer.

In one of his comments on the manner in which one should pray, Jesus said prayer should be a private affair devoid of public display: "And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by men. Truly, I say to you they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room (or closet) and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret...." (Matt. 6:5-6 RSV). Biblicists violate this on a regular basis and have no intention of correcting their behavior.

It's interesting to note that Paul's maxim that men should pray with their heads uncovered is generally followed because removing one's hat isn't particularly inconvenient. It is easy to follow. "Any man who prays or prophecies with his head covered dishonors his head,...."(1 Cor. 11:4 RSV). On the other hand, Paul's tenet that women must keep their heads covered with a veil during prayer is quite inconvenient and, for this reason, has either been rationalized away or ignored, although it is no less binding than any other moral law in the New Testament: "...but any woman who prays or prophecies with her head unveiled dishonors her head.... For if a woman will not veil herself, then we should cut off her hair: but if it be disgraceful for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her wear a veil.... Judge for yourself; is it proper for a woman to pray to God with head uncovered?" (1 Cor. 11:5-13 RSV)?

Location hidden

#673775 Nov 15, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>Did you ever stop to think that maybe the child does not find it as shocking as the parent does? Children are naturally accepting of others, regardless of their looks. Bigotry is taught, often by the parents.
Exactly right, and that is why Jesus said we must all become as little children. It is like restoring your computer to an earlier date when it worked properly.

Dave carries a lot of baggage around with him. Dave doesn't realize that what he is doing is an abuse of children.

When a child is abused having to deal with his parents reaction to it is often much worse than the abuse itself.

Location hidden

#673776 Nov 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Alan says: "Oh son, I'm wearing this boa & dress because it makes me feel pretty. And that's ok. You can wear one too if you feel ugly..."
There is only one conclusion to reach when you resort to this kind of nonsense RR.

A true follower of Jesus can neither divorce someone,(a) "So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man put asunder"(Matt. 19:6, Mark 10:9), nor marry someone who is divorced,(b) "whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery" (Matt. 5:32, 19:9, Luke 16:18). There is an exception to the former, however. If the spouse commits adultery, divorce is permissible: "Whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery" (Matt. 5:32). The Bible also says that anyone who obtains a divorce and marries another is an adulterer: "...whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her" (Mark 10:11, Luke 16:18), which applies to women as well--Mark 10:12. In essence, according to Christ's teachings:
•(1) one can never obtain a divorce, except from an adulterous spouse;
•(2) one can never marry a divorced person, and
•(3) one who obtains a divorce and marries another is committing adultery.
One can only guess at the number of Christians who have ignored these maxims.
not the nwo

Milton Keynes, UK

#673777 Nov 15, 2013
prove there is not!

http://a1mak.webs.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min Alt right scm watch 24,635
News Gov. Abbott suggests 'bathroom bill' is likely ... 2 hr e williams 3
Sarah George 3 hr Rememberboys 1
News GOP not interested in health care for us 4 hr discocrisco 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr PadMark 685,462
OVERWHELMED...by God's blessings 6 hr Doctor REALITY 12
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Jake999 619,749
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 6 hr Doctor REALITY 32
More from around the web