Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
You've burdened yourself with a claim of proof.
If you'd ditch the proof claim... no one could argue with you.
You'd be a faithful believer.
Q: Why do YOU need proof?
A: Because YOU claim to have proof.
You're fooling yourself.
You don't have proof.
Anyone reading your posts, that is looking for a reason to believe, is getting pushed farther and farther away from finding that reason... by your claim of "proof".
You're doing the same thing I am... giving them reason to not believe there IS a god...
... no proof.
I don't need proof.

It seems that you do.

I wasn't asking for proof when God spoke to me.

The proof is out there, Hukt.

Have faith, you'll find it.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>odd, According to the founding myth of Rome, the city was founded on 21 April 753 BC by twin brothers Romulus and Remus, who descended from the Trojan prince Aeneas[14] and who were grandsons of the Latin King, Numitor of Alba Longa. King Numitor was deposed from his throne by his brother, Amulius, while Numitor's daughter, Rhea Silvia, gave birth to the twins.[15][16] Because Rhea Silvia was raped and impregnated by Mars, the Roman god of war, the twins were considered half-divine.
That was the founding of Rome. It was only 753 years old at the time of the crucifixion? Not a couple of thousand. Most of that time it was the Roman republic. Julius Caesar was the one that turned it into the Roman Empire with the Caesars and dictators. That was their big expansion.

"Several events marked the transition from Republic to Empire, including Julius Caesar's appointment as perpetual dictator (44 BC); the Battle of Actium (2 September 31 BC); and the granting of the honorific Augustus to Octavian by the Roman Senate (16 January 27 BC)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Empire

AD starts with the crucifixion. Jesus was born about the same time the Empire period started, give or take a few years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Republic

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm upset because the price of an egg salad sandwich has risen approximately thirty five cents in U.S. dollars across the region. That and the fact that possibly10,000 people are dead from one of the deadliest typhoons ever recorded which recently hit the area and is now headed for VietNam.
No shit?!?

They raised the price of egg salad sammiches?!

How DARE they!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>odd, According to the founding myth of Rome, the city was founded on 21 April 753 BC by twin brothers Romulus and Remus, who descended from the Trojan prince Aeneas[14] and who were grandsons of the Latin King, Numitor of Alba Longa. King Numitor was deposed from his throne by his brother, Amulius, while Numitor's daughter, Rhea Silvia, gave birth to the twins.[15][16] Because Rhea Silvia was raped and impregnated by Mars, the Roman god of war, the twins were considered half-divine.
No, no, no.

You said the "Roman Empire".

Now you say "Rome".

There is still a city named Rome, but it is no empire.

They are very different.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm upset because the price of an egg salad sandwich has risen approximately thirty five cents in U.S. dollars across the region. That and the fact that possibly10,000 people are dead from one of the deadliest typhoons ever recorded which recently hit the area and is now headed for VietNam.
Try being happy it didn't hit you.

7 billion people. 7 billion seconds. Over 220 years at a second per person.

It can occupy your time worrying about them.

People have to make money. They cost more, so enjoy them more. Pay the 35 cents or make your own egg salad sandwiches. Then you can whine about the cost of eggs. Or eat less and fart less. Do your bit to reduce global warming, before Al Gore wants a meter attached to your ass.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't *tell* you, I have to show you.
C'mon out to Riverside, you, me & Al can hang out, maybe egg Catcher's place.
You'll need a very strong arm.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No shit?!?
They raised the price of egg salad sammiches?!
How DARE they!!!
Absolutely.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Subliminal Criminal wrote:
<quoted text>
Well im no expert, but with enough nipple pics I am willing to learn.
http://fotoforensics.com
In the old days photographing women wearing dark colored blouses, especially looser weaves with a flash and an exposure setting properly set could reveal some interesting shots.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the founding of Rome. It was only 753 years old at the time of the crucifixion? Not a couple of thousand. Most of that time it was the Roman republic. Julius Caesar was the one that turned it into the Roman Empire with the Caesars and dictators. That was their big expansion.
"Several events marked the transition from Republic to Empire, including Julius Caesar's appointment as perpetual dictator (44 BC); the Battle of Actium (2 September 31 BC); and the granting of the honorific Augustus to Octavian by the Roman Senate (16 January 27 BC)."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Empire
AD starts with the crucifixion. Jesus was born about the same time the Empire period started, give or take a few years.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Republic
Yes I see my error, apologies, it should have read 200 yrs, not thousand. That aside there is no historical evidence of jc being written about until the first century after the apparent fact, and the Romans not adapting christianity until Constantine. Although the name Jesus is a common jewish name of the time, the jc as plagiarized in the bible is only found in biblical text. lets not forget that at that time,only a small handful could read and write,for centuries only up until the printing press,written communication was almost none existent.The KJV the Christian Bible for the Church of England begun in 1604 and completed in 1611.Was a collage of hand me down fables, just as Judaism and the Pagan religions are derived from the ancient book of the Dead used from the beginning of the New Kingdom (around 1550 BCE) to around 50 BCE .Which there are 12 books too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Ahh, the old days when a bush in the hand was worth more than a thousand birds anywhere.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no.
You said the "Roman Empire".
Now you say "Rome".
There is still a city named Rome, but it is no empire.
They are very different.
Now your arguing with a copy and paste of actual historical fact,lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Subliminal Criminal wrote:
<quoted text>
Well im no expert, but with enough nipple pics I am willing to learn.
http://fotoforensics.com
Lmao!

Nipple pics...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll need a very strong arm.
...or a vehicle that can traverse the 91.

Haven't found one yet.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> I guess all these church buildings are also in our heads? All the money with God's name on it, God's name used in federal ,state and city and many other things, so I guess that's also in our head. God told you upfront that we couldn't see him physically, so he tried to make you completely aware of that. I see him in everything that's been created, heaven and earth and you and I.
God is not money.
God is not anger.
God is not illness.
God is not hate.
God is love, wellness, happiness,
togetherness, goodness, children,
home, friendship and peace.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>Now your arguing with a copy and paste of actual historical fact,lol.
Sigh.

If you insist.

Several events marked the transition from Republic to Empire, including Julius Caesar's appointment as perpetual dictator; the Battle of Actium; and the granting of the honorific Augustus to Octavian by the Roman Senate (16 January 27 BC).

That's when the Roman Empire began, 27BC.

Read for yourself.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Empire

I think you're confusing the Roman Republic with the Roman Empire.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
Ahh, the old days when a bush in the hand was worth more than a thousand birds anywhere.
Lol

Back in your day, it was "Does the carpet match the drapes?"

Nowadays, dudes no likey the carpet.

So it's "Does the linoleum match the drapes?"

:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I see my error, apologies, it should have read 200 yrs, not thousand. That aside there is no historical evidence of jc being written about until the first century after the apparent fact, and the Romans not adapting christianity until Constantine. Although the name Jesus is a common jewish name of the time, the jc as plagiarized in the bible is only found in biblical text. lets not forget that at that time,only a small handful could read and write,for centuries only up until the printing press,written communication was almost none existent.The KJV the Christian Bible for the Church of England begun in 1604 and completed in 1611.Was a collage of hand me down fables, just as Judaism and the Pagan religions are derived from the ancient book of the Dead used from the beginning of the New Kingdom (around 1550 BCE) to around 50 BCE .Which there are 12 books too.
You are looking at things very topically.

Reading and writing was probably more widespread than you think. Those societies were more complex than just a bunch of sheep herders gathered together. You still had merchants and official records and other things with a class of people that filled those ranks that required writing and reading skills. The sheep herders may not have needed the skills, but those who bought and sold their sheep did. And those that taxed them, wrote paychecks, and the same stuff you see today. However, post Jesus Judea went through some very nasty military campaigns that destroyed a lot of records. Cities and towns were sacked and burned to the ground. And it wasn't just Jews versus Romans, it was also Jews versus Jews. The place was in a lot of turmoil. Read up on the Judeo Roman wars and the sack of Jerusalem. There was some serious business going on. Those events had the Romans attention, not some miracle worker wandering around. It is surprising the story of Jesus even survived. As far as Christianity goes, read up on the Copts. They were among the first, and it was fairly soon after.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh.
If you insist.
Several events marked the transition from Republic to Empire, including Julius Caesar's appointment as perpetual dictator; the Battle of Actium; and the granting of the honorific Augustus to Octavian by the Roman Senate (16 January 27 BC).
That's when the Roman Empire began, 27BC.
Read for yourself.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Empire
I think you're confusing the Roman Republic with the Roman Empire.
Oh I get the history my friend,you still can not produce evidence of a jc as plagiarized in biblical text, of the early Roman Empire 27BC till about 120ad., not the republic, not the ancient eras. In the 3rd century, the Empire underwent a crisis that threatened its existence, but was reunified and stabilized under the emperors Aurelian and Diocletian. Christians rose to power in the 4th century, during which time a system of dual rule was developed in the Latin West and Greek East. After the collapse of central government in the West in the 5th century, the eastern half of the Roman Empire continued as what would later be known as the Byzantine Empire.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
Actually not. The linoleum came before the carpet. You matched the living room furniture, rugs and the drapes. You also had shellacked wooden floors.

Air conditioning wasn't that widespread. Open windows. Dust and dirt. Bare floors easier to clean. Airwick was a popular item.

“Evolution is Variation”

Since: Nov 13

Dublin, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
Question is why do you believe there is a God? Has anything other than your up bringing and a book told you or showed you there is a God?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

313 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 4 min Johnny 523
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 19 min shyam 854
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 57 min guest 536,752
Lesbian Hookup in Capetown 58 min Sarajean 1
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 59 min Some Casual Obser... 37,655
Gay sex in Doha - need hot men (Sep '13) 1 hr ravi sen 2
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 1 hr Johnny 305
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr NFL Fanny 117,682
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr AussieBobby 259,008
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr UIdiotRaceMakeWor... 172,884
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 12 hr Juvia Loxar 101
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••