Prove there's a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#673434 Nov 13, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
He's got nothing... NOTHING... that qualifies as proof.
That isn't supposed to be a problem for the faithful.
It becomes problematic once one claims proof...
...when one doesn't have any.
Of course he has nothing. And you're right- admitting one's belief is based on faith and not on fact is what makes sense.

No- RR has no proof of the existence of any god and either does anyone else, but this ties into many-RR included- either not knowing or losing sight of what is belief/opinion and what is truth/fact.

And in that corner RR has so neatly painted himself into, his standard retort has become: Prove you have hands.

Amazing- this could almost be sitcom material!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#673435 Nov 13, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>
OCB wrote:
"He has stated that he was NOT a believer until his experience of the top of his head tingling."
RR replied:
"I did not say that.
Please pay attention."
Hukt- no pressure at all and no problem if you choose not to, but since you have the ability/knack/whatever to find old posts, if you're so inclined, maybe you will find one of any numerous posts from RR in which he clearly stated he was not a believer until his god touched him.
No big deal either way; I do know that is what RR said and many times.
But since HE is the one who claims he has proof of his god, he might be interested in seeing his own words which he claims he never said, but most certainly did indeed say.
When I ask him... he informs me that all I'll do is ridicule him so there's no point in him telling me... that and he also says something like "Go fish."

Now there's something to "fish" for.

I'll need to update my local thread copy... takes a little time/bandwidth to do that... will do tonight.

I'll parse it tomorrow afternoon.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#673436 Nov 13, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you've been cyber-snuggied, dude - just admit it and try walking away with some dignity;)
Admit what?

That you still haven't given me an example of how I've been brainwashed?

Put that in your snuggy and choke on it...

...dude.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#673437 Nov 13, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
When I ask him... he informs me that all I'll do is ridicule him so there's no point in him telling me... that and he also says something like "Go fish."
I'll need to update my local thread copy... takes a little time/bandwidth to do that... will do tonight.
Don't waste your time, I already answered her.

I was never not a believer, and I never said that I wasn't a believer until my experience with God.

I have been a believer all my life, my experience with God only hardened that belief and made it impossible for me to go back on it, because I know that God is real.

Since: May 11

London, UK

#673438 Nov 13, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
leaving my students with a thought for the day:
isn't it convenient for devils to insinuate that they have ALL THE ROOM on God's green earth to live and move, but that Christians should be confined to very small and definite boundaries!
this couldn't be further from the truth, but in fact THE TRUTH IS JUST THE OPPOSITE!
brothers and sisters, you are free to move about the world and "there is therefore now no condemnation" as you do!
as for you devils and the humans who agree with you,
get thee under our feet until all the enemies of the Lord are made to be our footstool.
...how many threads have you spammed that twaddle to now?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#673439 Nov 13, 2013
Thats a knee slapper wrote:
<quoted text>
Then if proof would make no difference to you why is it such a big deal to you? Not putting you on trial, just being inquisitive.
I don't feel on trial.

Someone says they have proof... I'm gonna ask questions.

I'm being inquisitive.

That's really all there is to it.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#673440 Nov 13, 2013
G'night, all.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673441 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have to be so prissy and use words like "imbibe"?
Yeah, you're you, so....
It's not prissy to use words like "imbibe".

It's a "grown up" word and it shows that one has a good vocabulary and speaks well.

Sorry that offends you, though I'm not surprised it does.

I wouldn't expect a backwater redneck rube like you to NOT be offended, but that's not my problem.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673442 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say that, you dumb shit.
I said I almost became an atheist before I had that experience.
I've been a Christian since I was five years old and it's never changed.
Payfuckingattention!!
Yeah- you did say that. If you change your man panties as often as you change your stories, you must go through about half a dozen pairs a day.

BTW- I noticed this post of yours to which I'm responding was judged as disagreed with; just for the record, that is not ME who judged it as such, so that means at least one other person here knows you're full of SH*T.

BTW, for the past few days you've been saying you were BORN a Christian- and no- you were NOT being "cute" or "clever".

You only said you were after I called you out for the grief you gave me some months ago for having stated that I was born Jewish.

Anyway, NOW you say you've been a Christian since you were five years old.

RR, no WAY your eyes aren't brown given how full of sh*t you are.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673443 Nov 13, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if you feel like it....in typical RR fashion, he is now claiming he never said that- whether or not you find any posts where he did say that doesn't matter since I know for a fact he did.

I don't need the proof so basically, you'd be providing the proof to RR should you care to do so.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#673444 Nov 13, 2013
OCB wrote:
It's not prissy to use words like "imbibe".
And it's not vulgar to use words like "titties".

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#673445 Nov 13, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Church buildings are proof of church buildings.
Currency with words on it is proof of currency with words on it.
Federal, state, and city use of a word is proof of federal, state, and city use of a word.
You see what there is to see.
Your god tried to do something and failed?
Prove there's a god.
I did prove it. This was put or added for a reason, because people believed that God exist, or it wouldn't have been put on things of this importance. Why do you say he failed, it's still visible on all that I mentioned, so God didn't fail.

Since: May 07

Muncie, IN

#673446 Nov 13, 2013
Ben ACCF KING wrote:
Once again, the "kid" is the more mature one...
Other than self-adoration, do you have a point?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#673447 Nov 13, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Present generation... you >>> 2^0 = 1
Previous generation... your parents >>> 2^1 = 2
Next... your grandparents >>> 2^2 = 4
Next... your great grandparents >>> 2^3 = 8
Next... 2^4 = 16
2^5 = 32
2^6 = 64
2^7 = 128
2^8 = 256
etc., etc., etc.
All you really had to do was pay attention in the first place.
Instead, you just accepted Dave's numbers and ran with 'em.
It was a mistake on Dave's part, nothing more... but, not paying attention is a habit you need to try to kick.
Yah.

And I'd thought I was being fairly clear.

Muncie, IN

#673448 Nov 13, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
Prove there isn't!
Keep in mind that this sort of logic can be used to suggest that elves are real.

Muncie, IN

#673449 Nov 13, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
i know, huh?!
the proof reveals that the earth is 10,000 years old or less, but the wishful thinking of antichrist's and so-called scientist's have the faith to believe that it's innumerable
There is no "proof" that the Earth is 10,000 years old or less. There is not even any evidence to suggest such a thing.
All evidence suggests otherwise.

Why, if your "faith" in this religion is so strong, do you find it necessary to boast lies in order to try to justify your weird beliefs?
That shows a lack of faith.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673450 Nov 13, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yah.
And I'd thought I was being fairly clear.
"Fairly clear" doesn't work with RR.

Either does being "crystal clear".

Chances are better to nail jello to a tree than to get through his self-imposed fog he has himself wrapped up in.

Since: Nov 13

Lakeland, FL

#673451 Nov 13, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Of course he has nothing. And you're right- admitting one's belief is based on faith and not on fact is what makes sense.
No- RR has no proof of the existence of any god and either does anyone else, but this ties into many-RR included- either not knowing or losing sight of what is belief/opinion and what is truth/fact.
And in that corner RR has so neatly painted himself into, his standard retort has become: Prove you have hands.
Amazing- this could almost be sitcom material!
So when did you almost become a atheist RR when you was 4, because it says you have been a Christian since you was 5, heck I can't even remember when I was 5, and this is coming from, a person who believes in my higher power "GOD" Point is be yourself if people don't like you for that then move on, but don't lie to make friends!! Peace and I hope you have a good night!

Since: May 11

London, UK

#673452 Nov 13, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> I did prove it. This was put or added for a reason, because people believed that God exist, or it wouldn't have been put on things of this importance. Why do you say he failed, it's still visible on all that I mentioned, so God didn't fail.
So god is just in one country then? He isn't on my money, nor is he inscribed on the buildings...

your god is limited to economics, architecture and by geography.

What does he actually do? Where is he hiding?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#673453 Nov 13, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a simple matter to prove you have hands in this medium to a reasonable person, however the 'religious' will attach an impossible standard to that proof while insisting that the standard of proof be infinitestimally small when applied to their particular 'god'.
"ahhh you may perceive your hands to be there but how do you actually know that your brain isn't simply 'inserting' hands instead of a form of telekenesis"
as opposed to:
"of course theres a god, look at a tree/flower/banana, I had a cold once and I prayed and recovered...checkmate"
Yep.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Charles 650,239
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Dr Banonator 56,002
Question for white men? do you just use black w... (Feb '10) 7 min BearerofBADnews 308
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 50 min New Age Spiritual... 445,909
Why did God allow sin into His universe? 51 min New Ideas 18
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Rider on the Storm 182,942
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr New Ideas 44,958
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 11 hr akon mason 70
More from around the web