Prove there's a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#673204 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not very good at reading your walls of text, OCB.
Can you summarize them a little?
No.

It was a very easy post to read and comprehend.

Sorry it wasn't easy enough for YOU.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#673205 Nov 13, 2013
JUSTSAYIN1978 wrote:
<quoted text> Some one get this guy a shot of electric!! Nothing wrong to pray to nature , it is energy needed for us to live. Why do you think there is energy in almost everything including us and we need natural energy to live. I'm still learning about my higher power, but do know all energy is connected!! I know my GOD (higher power is stronger than anything) without it nothing could live!
Nah, there's nothing wrong with praying to nature...

"Dear Earthly Tree, blessed be this day. In the Dirtclod's name I pray, so be it."

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673206 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Of course you would say "no".

You might actually LEARN something and you can't have that, can you, RR?

Geesh.....

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#673207 Nov 13, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly...digits would be required.
Seriously though, it's not a difficult matter to prove hands o topix. OL
Everyone I've challenged to prove they have hands has failed.

They all called it "easy to do".

Do it.

Prove you have hands.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673208 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a good experience.
But I gotta admit, the folks over there in Miami treated the situation with utmost kindness and respect.
So? You've decided the entire state is off-limits to you because the death of your grandfather wasn't a good experience?

Like I said....weird.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673209 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop asking.
I've already told you that I can't tell you.
I have to show you.
Can't tell means can't tell.
Capisce?
If you can SHOW something, you CAN tell HOW you can show that something.

STOP already. You could meet up with someone in Riverside, CA, Timbuktu or MARS and you will NEVER be able to SHOW any proof of any god which might exist.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673210 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
That I can't prove my experiences to you does not mean they don't exist or didn't happen.
Did you kiss your man goodbye this morning? Prove it. Otherwise it never happened.
Did you have a dream last night? Prove it. Otherwise it never happened and you're just lying.
Capisce?
Correct. But by your own words, you PROVE that your experiences are in no way proof you can show to anyone about the existence of any god!

I'm not asking you to come to Orlando so that I can prove to you I kissed my man goodbye this morning!

I'm not asking you to come to Orlando so that I can prove to you that I had a dream last night!!

But YOU are telling people here to go out to Riverside, CA so that you can show them PROOF of your god!

Do you NOT see how INSANE you sound?

Since: May 11

UK

#673211 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh...
At what age did you decide to be an atheist?
well the timeline is, I was born an atheist, all babies are born atheist, I got older and went to school where daily worship was mandated, because of that and being TAKEN(no option to refuse) to a methodist chapel on sundays I self identified as a christian. This was the indoctrination.

I got older experienced life, the indoctrination stopped and social acceptance did not hinge upon my attendance or slavish acceptance of the contents of a book of fables which I had ALWAYS found to be nonsense.

I joined the Army and travelled a world; the state of which negates any existence of a god, benevolent, non interventionist or otherwise...

I returned to the default state of atheism by the age of 21.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673212 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone has said that they're never coming back here.
This damn website is addicting...
Yeah- everyone except YOU has said that and with very few exceptions- if any- YOU are one that NEVER leaves.

Even regular posters here and many who have been posting here for years take breaks from time to time.

Not you, though.......

Concern yourself with YOUR overwhelming addiction to Topix and don't ASSume that everyone suffers from the overwhelming addiction to Topix which YOU suffer from.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673213 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do it.
Prove you have hands.
Sigh......it's already been agreed to that one cannot show verifiable proof of having hands on this forum.

However, should you see anyone here in person you will see conclusive proof that they have hands.

However, should you see anyone here in person they will NOT see ANY proof-conclusive or otherwise- of the god you claim exists.

Capisce?

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#673214 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do it.
Prove you have hands.
You do such a great job pecking out words with your beak, why would anyone need hands?

UK

#673215 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
That I can't prove my experiences to you does not mean they don't exist or didn't happen.
Did you kiss your man goodbye this morning? Prove it. Otherwise it never happened.
Did you have a dream last night? Prove it. Otherwise it never happened and you're just lying.
Capisce?
This is the standard of proof you raise for what is described by your book to be the most awesome, powerful and energetic entity in the universe?

So your god is on a par with that bilious feeling I get after eating a really ripe stilton cheese with Tawny Port? I can feel it but no one else can...

UK

#673216 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do it.
Prove you have hands.
You seriously want me to prove that I have hands...

very well give me a couple of minutes...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673217 Nov 13, 2013
Listen folks, RR has it all figured out.

Maybe we should all get together and plan a trip to Riverside, CA.

According to RR, that is all any of us need do in order for him to prove the existence of his god to us.

So, if we all go out there and then RR shows us all the proof of the existence of his god he claims he has, I guess that proof could then be publicized and that would put an end to this thread.

Then again, RR should be able to provide that proof to those who are where he is- in Riverside, CA!

And IF he provided that proof to those right there in Riverside with him, that would also bring this thread to an end.

Not sure why RR thinks ANY of us have to go to Riverside CA for him to "show" the proof he claims he has.

Surely he can find non-believers locally......

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673218 Nov 13, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
You seriously want me to prove that I have hands...
very well give me a couple of minutes...
Why bother?

Anyone providing proof to RR that they have hands will NOT result in RR providing proof of the existence of any god.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#673219 Nov 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
So...your prayer is...
"Thank you God for wiping out those other people and not me"?
You would prefer it happened to you?

Those storms are part of your existential support system. Rumor has it this is not heaven or the most perfect environment for one to sit back and take everything real easy.

Perhaps if you got hit by one of those you would go to a place like that?

Be grateful you didn't and you can moralize about the inequities of life and whatever created it.

Westcliffe, CO

#673220 Nov 13, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
well the timeline is, I was born an atheist, all babies are born atheist, I got older and went to school where daily worship was mandated, because of that and being TAKEN(no option to refuse) to a methodist chapel on sundays I self identified as a christian. This was the indoctrination.
I got older experienced life, the indoctrination stopped and social acceptance did not hinge upon my attendance or slavish acceptance of the contents of a book of fables which I had ALWAYS found to be nonsense.
I joined the Army and travelled a world; the state of which negates any existence of a god, benevolent, non interventionist or otherwise...
I returned to the default state of atheism by the age of 21.
You were born atheist because when you poked your little beak out into the bright light you became bedazzled exploring this strange new experience. You went back because of unpleasantness encountered and without understanding of why it happened. Pure reactiveness.

Westcliffe, CO

#673221 Nov 13, 2013
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/13/us/nasa-saturn-...

We were much, much closer at one time.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#673222 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no.
You said the "Roman Empire".
Now you say "Rome".
There is still a city named Rome, but it is no empire.
They are very different.
RR, I find it odd that you are critical in texts posted here, but not texually critical with the Bible.

Why?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673223 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop asking.
I've already told you that I can't tell you.
I have to show you.
Can't tell means can't tell.
Capisce?
So you're a magician, huh?

I mean- if someone asks a magician HOW they did a trick, the magician will say they can't TELL them, but have to SHOW them.

Of course, if it's a good magician, even SHOWING the trick won't explain how the trick was done.

But of course, a magician CAN tell you HOW they do a trick.

So I guess you're not much of a magician after all; not only can you NOT tell me HOW you would show proof of the existence of your god, you can't even do the trick.

But you'll continue to post from time to time that anyone who comes out to Riverside, CA will then be shown by you the proof of the existence of the god you believe in.

Quite "amazing"........(th at you would say such rubbish, that is....)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 min Peace_Warrior 612,912
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 14 min dollarsbill 6,506
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 35 min MUQ2 40,891
Any sexy girls send me pics of your sexy feet plz 1 hr Ilovefeet15 1
Pro Lifers Are The Same As liberals 1 hr Burke Devlin 25
Im a man who enjoys wearing womens panties 2 hr Pantyman57 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr aragwen 599,892
The Christian Atheist debate 3 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 2,016
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 16 hr Frannie 44
More from around the web