Prove there's a god.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#673403 Nov 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
From first grade I had to walk a mile one way past loose dogs, redneck bullies, in the scorching heat, in downpours, on 30 plus degree days with the wind blowing and frost on the ground wearing sneakers, a light coat, and pajamas underneath my clothes, which were lightweight materials, with an armful of books, and I was a skinny sickly kid.
I survived.
Hello, Mrs. Mytha? This is Aura's teacher. Aura got a booboo playing with his light sabre and is crying and wants you to come get him. The poor dear.
Actually it was my dad and Davies mommy in the office with his grass and blood stained clothes accusing me of nearly beating him to death. He started it though, never try to beat up little green men.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#673404 Nov 13, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Good question, Hukt....
All I know is that you've proven how RR has no corner left that he's painted himself into; though he sure does have plenty of paint left...
The questions, I guess, are...

If RR denies his faith, then why shouldn't I?

If RR requires proof, then why shouldn't I?

We all know what RR needs to say.

His reluctance to say it is the "elephant in the room"... so to speak.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#673405 Nov 13, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
All very valid questions.

Interesting what you say about RR requiring proof.

He has stated that he was NOT a believer until his experience of the top of his head tingling in a spot about the size of a quarter which he interpreted as his god touching him. He's since embellished that to add that he heard his god's voice as well.

So yes- apparently RR did need proof of his god before he believed in his god.

Therefore, RR never had faith in what was not proven to him.

That's just sad and it undermines the entire meaning of what faith is and specifically, what religious faith is.

Does this mean I now have to consider RR to be a realist?

;-)

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#673406 Nov 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Actually it was my dad and Davies mommy in the office with his grass and blood stained clothes accusing me of nearly beating him to death. He started it though, never try to beat up little green men.
You liar!!! All I did was throw some salt on you.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673407 Nov 13, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet RR has repeatedly stated that should anyone go to Riverside, CA he will provide that proof and will SHOW that proof.

He can't tell us what that proof is or even how he will show it.

The only logical conclusion is that there is no proof (and of course there is not) so that's why RR can't say how he will show that proof.

Makes sense actually....can't show or tell how one will show that which can't be proven to exist.....

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#673408 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
Then maybe religion can, too. Or at least some innate urge to be connected with a higher power.
I do believe some people are genetically more prone to faith-based thinking than others who are born to be "critical thinkers," or skeptics if you will.

I also believe there is an "authoritarian personality," again genetically based.

Identification with the underdog is also often a genetic trait, in my view.

It's not what I WANT to believe, in fact I would be more gratified with a belief that environment is the key. But it's what I have come to believe through life experience and by having a child and observing his behavior, traits, etc.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#673409 Nov 13, 2013
Thats a knee slapper wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not ask you if you believed in a God. You make it obvious that you don't and for good reason.
I asked; I don't see it happening but if someone was to prove there is a God, how, if any way, would that change you? You must want proof of God for a reason.
I simply stated what I believed.

Sorry. I didn't realize that isn't allowed.

Proof of a god, I doubt, would change anything about me... other than my belief that there is no proof.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673410 Nov 13, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're still saying that you could have decided to be attracted to males.
How can I put this so even you can understand it...breasts are sexual, lactating isn't(unless you suffer from a paraphilia).
The penis is sexual, peeing isn't(unless you suffer from a paraphilia).
The vagina is sexual, giving birth isn't(unless...etc
RR simply cannot comprehend the difference between innate sexuality and the onset of sexual desire.

Maybe he thinks we're all born asexual?

He stated that we are taught to learn to like or dislike (homosexuality).

I asked him who or what teaches us to "learn" to like or dislike it- as is par for the course with him when he's painted himself into a corner- he didn't respond.

And of course, the other part of that question would be why some children "learn" to "like" it while others "learn" to "dislike" it.

And then that begs the question of who or what "teaches" us to "learn" to like or dislike heterosexuality.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#673411 Nov 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
How did it start with you?
hahahah
I stole my dad's Hustler, saw the titties and fell in love...

You?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#673412 Nov 13, 2013
OCB wrote:
He has stated that he was NOT a believer until his experience of the top of his head tingling
I did not say that.

Please pay attention.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673413 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You?
And if you'd been born predisposed to homosexuality, those breasts wouldn't have done a thing for you.

Do you HAVE to be so vulgar and use words like "titties"?

Ugh.

Yeah- you being you, I guess you do.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673414 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say that.
Please pay attention.
LIAR. That is exactly what you said though not necessarily verbatim.

(Look that word up too.)

You said you were not a Christian and did not believe in your god until your experience where he "touched" you.

I will NOT scroll back to posts of a year or more ago.....but since Hukt seems to be able to do so quite effortlessly, I'll ask him.

It doesn't really matter if Hukt finds any of your numerous posts where you said you did not believe in god until your "experience"- your f*cking with the wrong person here, RR.

I've been told by MANY that my mind is a sponge (it absorbs) and is like a steel trap (it retains)- in addition to many having told me that my memory is remarkable.

I've been told the above by many because it is TRUE.

And just as true is that you DID say you did NOT believe until your god touched you on the top of your head.

If ANYONE here needs to pay attention, that would be YOU- and to your OWN words, you smarmy, sleazeball LIAR.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#673415 Nov 13, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You're the one using the word "judge"- not me.
I'm not judging anything. You asked me questions; I answered them.
I'm not asking you to accept or reject me either. I couldn't care less.
Where does your arrogance stem from that you seem to honestly think I give a rat's Aunt Fanny about what you think of me OR my opinions?
Where did I in any way imply or refer to myself as god?
What makes YOU the judge of others- something you constantly do here- judge others?
And honestly, you don't always judge others negatively, but regardless, you judge others as if your opinion or "judgment" of others actually matters to them!
So uh....who died and made YOU god?
Pfft.
Have a mediocre day- that's the kind of day mediocre people such as yourself usually have.
if an objective observer read this post, i'm sure that they'd come to the conclusion that you just said many very negative and judgmental things about me!

BUT, that's what hypocrites do, and then they turn it on the other person!

have a nice evening:-)

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673416 Nov 13, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply stated what I believed.
Sorry. I didn't realize that isn't allowed.
Proof of a god, I doubt, would change anything about me... other than my belief that there is no proof.
OCB wrote:
"He has stated that he was NOT a believer until his experience of the top of his head tingling."

RR replied:

"I did not say that.

Please pay attention."

Hukt- no pressure at all and no problem if you choose not to, but since you have the ability/knack/whatever to find old posts, if you're so inclined, maybe you will find one of any numerous posts from RR in which he clearly stated he was not a believer until his god touched him.

No big deal either way; I do know that is what RR said and many times.

But since HE is the one who claims he has proof of his god, he might be interested in seeing his own words which he claims he never said, but most certainly did indeed say.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#673417 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You?
Karen, ucked her in the bushes. It was her idea I just went along.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673418 Nov 13, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if an objective observer read this post, i'm sure that they'd come to the conclusion that you just said many very negative and judgmental things about me!
OMG- you make a negative post toward me and then whine and cry about being responded to in kind.

Get the hell away from me, you twit.

Have a mediocre evening- mediocrity in all you say and all you do is all you know.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#673420 Nov 13, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Waz..... Sorry about the post, but that's what happens when you poke a hornet and its' nest. I am alright until challenged and then I respond in kind.
I will choose to let your own actions and words speak for what you truly represent.
sure - and in the meantime, how's about reading that Bible you claim to know? or, how's about just considering yourself a 'good human' instead of a redeemed Christian?

did you know that the Bible teaches that "there is none righteous, no not one"? good luck with that self-righteous thingy you got going there.....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673421 Nov 13, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, all I did was state facts.

Your moronic arrogance has you convinced that others actually care about your opinion of them.

I'm very confident I can safely say they DON'T.

Get OVER yourself and try actually PRACTICING some of that humility your Jesus had and your Jesus preached.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#673422 Nov 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You liar!!! All I did was throw some salt on you.
Well now, I'm not a french fry! lol

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#673423 Nov 13, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no proof of your god.
You have a belief that it exists.
That's all you have.
Something I believe?
I believe I love my mother, but I can't prove it.
There is no proof.
I could even say that I know I love my mother. Doesn't change the fact that there is no proof of it.
My feelings exist in my head and nowhere else.
Happy now?
You still haven't given me an example of how I've been brainwashed.
you've been cyber-snuggied, dude - just admit it and try walking away with some dignity;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Outer Banks 26,950
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Just Think 685,857
Most likely scenario in Mayweather - McGregor f... 13 min Doctor REALITY 1
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 47 min Siva 8,524
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Here For Now 619,751
Anyone know nicole horne that works at family d... 5 hr Downlowinfo42069 4
Snitxh 10 hr Downlowinfo42069 1
More from around the web