Prove there's a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#673344 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit, you liar. You certainly implied it.
"OCB wrote:
... RR is representative of those classless Americans who think cheese is always yellow and pre-sliced and...."
Fuckingliar.
Calm down, RR- sounds like you're gonna stroke out.

Okay.......fair enough, but hey- in YOUR case, no matter what food you eat or what alcohol you drink- and really- no matter WHAT you do- you will forever be the classless backwater rube you are.

Better?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#673345 Nov 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do.
I believe in hard-wiring.
Of course, environment plays a role.
But the symphony is composed from the gitgo; how it's played is dependent on environment. The notes can't be changed.
Interesting.

Then maybe religion can, too. Or at least some innate urge to be connected with a higher power.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#673346 Nov 13, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have to prove anything about the age of the earth- it's already been proven.
I think Al may be the only one here claiming to be a Christian who has ANY right to do so.
I may not agree with Al regarding religion-including Christianity-, the bible or god, but it is to Al's credit that unlike the majority of so-called Christians here, Al actually not only talks the talk, but from what I can see, walks the walk as well.
People like you and RR, for instance- seems you BOTH are in love with what YOU call the anti-Christ.
You do not do what your Jesus would do, you do not say what your Jesus would say and in fact, both you and RR seem to have developed quite the habit for sh*tting all over the Jesus you both claim to believe in, honor, obey, revere and love.
so what/who makes you the judge of such things?

i reject you as god and/or as a valid judge of acceptable behavior! BUT - have a nice day:)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#673347 Nov 13, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
Ahhh I see, we should have known.
There's this thing called love, and there's this thing called sex.
Rubbing one out in ones crib does not require another person of the same or different gender
What?
Attraction to someone has nothing to do with masturbation, babies do it for the same reason adults do, it feels good to them.
Um.... ok.....
...music on the other hand has absolutely nothing to do with the above
They're not playing the skin flute?
So when did you make the conscious decision to be attracted to women? I'm just so curious, this kind of admission is so unlike you.
Elementary school, that's wehn I had my first "girlfriend".

You?

Please don't say you've "always" been sexually attracted to women, that'd make your breastfeeding with your mom kinda sick...

Since: May 11

London, UK

#673348 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never decided to make out with men.
I decided on women.
You?
so once again, when did you make this decision?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#673349 Nov 13, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dude/ma'am...come down from your cross...we need the wood.
are you judging me as having a martyr complex?

i'll take that as another persecution point (PP)- cha ching!;)

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#673350 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A male child doesn't pop out liking buff men, either.
They learn to either like it or dislike it.
Are you homophobic, there seems to be a trend for you.Its okay to feel the way you do, embrace it, and live life happy.lol

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#673351 Nov 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, kids don't have to walk uphill to and from school anymore.
From first grade I had to walk a mile one way past loose dogs, redneck bullies, in the scorching heat, in downpours, on 30 plus degree days with the wind blowing and frost on the ground wearing sneakers, a light coat, and pajamas underneath my clothes, which were lightweight materials, with an armful of books, and I was a skinny sickly kid.

I survived.

Hello, Mrs. Mytha? This is Aura's teacher. Aura got a booboo playing with his light sabre and is crying and wants you to come get him. The poor dear.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673352 Nov 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Metrorail in Miami made a believer out of a lot of office workers. They could jump on the train and read or just watch the scenery. Sure beat fighting traffic and made for easier days. I envied them for working in one place like that. I put in 30-50 thousand miles a year across Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties just getting from job to job. Lots and lots and lots of windshield time. Winter was worst with the dark coming early. I would head south from the bend of the Palmetto Xway and it was nothing but taillights in view for almost the whole 30 miles back home. And that was after anywhere from five to a hundred miles from where I started. I HATE URBAN DRIVING.
Don't forget- I come from the mass transit capital of the world.

I've been a believer in mass transit most of my life and for many reasons.

It took some getting used to when I moved here 18 years ago to have to get from Point A to Point B not only by car, but with me driving the car.

I didn't learn how to drive until I was in my mid 30s and many native New Yorkers- and Manhattanites in particular-never see any reason to learn. More women think that than men, but I also know a some men born and bred in the city who never learned to drive.

So having to do the driving myself took some adjusting to be sure.

Yeah- I loved using mass transit in NYC. I would use the time to read, or work on a crossword puzzle, or maybe a quick cat nap (that only ever happened on the way home from work) or just to sit and think and reflect and when taking the bus, just to look at the passing scenery and people hurrying to and fro.

Sounds like you've put in more than your fair share of miles, Dave- wow. That is a LOT of driving!

Just the other evening when my man and I were returning to Orlando from the day spent in St. Augustine, we talked about how truckers do it.

Not just all the driving time they put in, but even more those who drive the SUPER big semis. Wow. No such thing as "just" a truck driver- it is not easy work and takes a lot of concentration along with the absence of any road rage or at least road rage it is known they can suppress.

Anyway, I am now a very experienced driver and I usually don't mind it, but it's just not the most efficient way for people to get from Point A to Point B in many respects.

And I really don't understand America's love affair with the automobile; however, we did go to a great car show over the weekend:

Some absolute beauties!

Here's the link if you care to take a look:

http://www.winterparkconcours.com/

Anyway, I do hope that light rail here in Orlando will be the success many have pinned their hopes on- not to mention the very steep cost.

Of course, I do expect it will take some getting used to and it's reasonable to think most will be loathe to give up their daily commutes any time soon from behind the wheel.

I work from home, so that's not an issue for me at all.....

But I have friends who live a good 30 or 40 miles away and I am looking forward to being able to visit them by another means other than my car.

I've always been all for leaving the driving to "them"!

LOL!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673353 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A male child doesn't pop out liking buff men, either.
They learn to either like it or dislike it.
Who's teaching them to "learn" to like it or dislike it?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673354 Nov 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
As I see it, the apple didn't fall far from the tree.
I'll bet your grandfather was a wiseass, too.
Or else he was also an ass who wasn't at all wise.

London, UK

#673355 Nov 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
As I see it, the apple didn't fall far from the tree.
I'll bet your grandfather was a wiseass, too.
Did you hear about that idiot white supremacist Craig Cobb who is starting his own 'all white town'?

So...he had a DNA test to confirm his 'viking' bloodline...turns out he's 14% sub-saharan African.

I lol'ed.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#673356 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
I am critical about the Bible.
Remember the other day, where I showed you that the Bible says Jesus is God? You though it didn't.
You did post that, but I refuted it through logic and showed you where Jesus (like me)- am part of "God" - not "is God".

So back to the post - if you were critical of the Bible, you would understand this logic.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673357 Nov 13, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
so what/who makes you the judge of such things?
i reject you as god and/or as a valid judge of acceptable behavior! BUT - have a nice day:)
You're the one using the word "judge"- not me.

I'm not judging anything. You asked me questions; I answered them.

I'm not asking you to accept or reject me either. I couldn't care less.

Where does your arrogance stem from that you seem to honestly think I give a rat's Aunt Fanny about what you think of me OR my opinions?

Where did I in any way imply or refer to myself as god?

What makes YOU the judge of others- something you constantly do here- judge others?

And honestly, you don't always judge others negatively, but regardless, you judge others as if your opinion or "judgment" of others actually matters to them!

So uh....who died and made YOU god?

Pfft.

Have a mediocre day- that's the kind of day mediocre people such as yourself usually have.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673358 Nov 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Metrorail in Miami made a believer out of a lot of office workers. They could jump on the train and read or just watch the scenery. Sure beat fighting traffic and made for easier days. I envied them for working in one place like that. I put in 30-50 thousand miles a year across Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties just getting from job to job. Lots and lots and lots of windshield time. Winter was worst with the dark coming early. I would head south from the bend of the Palmetto Xway and it was nothing but taillights in view for almost the whole 30 miles back home. And that was after anywhere from five to a hundred miles from where I started. I HATE URBAN DRIVING.
I did respond to this interesting post of yours, but for whatever (Topix) reason, it's not yet showing.....I guess it will soon enough.

London, UK

#673359 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
<quoted text>
Um.... ok.....
<quoted text>
They're not playing the skin flute?
<quoted text>
Elementary school, that's wehn I had my first "girlfriend".
You?
Please don't say you've "always" been sexually attracted to women, that'd make your breastfeeding with your mom kinda sick...
No, when did you make the conscious decision to be attracted to females? Before this decision was made logic dictates that you were obviously attracted to males and females, there are only two set genders.

I presume you are aware that breasts are not sex organs?

London, UK

#673360 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
Then maybe religion can, too. Or at least some innate urge to be connected with a higher power.
Like the Wizard of OZ you mean?

“Evolution is Variation”

Since: Nov 13

Dublin, Ireland

#673361 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
What would that have been that happened other than your up bringing and a book that proved to you there is a god?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#673362 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
I am critical about the Bible.
Remember the other day, where I showed you that the Bible says Jesus is God? You though it didn't.
No you aren't.

I also showed you where your error was - that Jesus was speaking of his Spirit as being a part of "God" - as I am, you are, and others. I showed you logic and reason, but you decided to accept man's interpretation of Jesus.

Like I said, you are carefree with being critical of what other's post, but you can't even be critical in your understanding of the Bible.

Even now - you want to pat yourself on the back, instead of trying to understand what is written.

*sighs*

Pride will be your downfall.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#673363 Nov 13, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hi Al -
you said - "You set yourself up by talking about your high standards you believe in and then totally knock them into the dirt with your actions"
what "high standards" have you seen me hold to others?
how about you actually read what the Bible teaches us about how to be saved (specifically Galations) and then we'll talk more on the subject? as it currently stands, you sound just like every other self-righteous and/or religious person on the face of the earth:)
Hey Waz..... Sorry about the post, but that's what happens when you poke a hornet and its' nest. I am alright until challenged and then I respond in kind.

I will choose to let your own actions and words speak for what you truly represent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 7 min Bongo 31,018
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Just Think 687,276
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Edthirty 286,556
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) 4 hr DEMOCRAT CRYBABIES 8
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 4 hr DEMOCRAT CRYBABIES 178
Whose fault was it that O.J. Simpson beat murde... (Mar '16) 4 hr DEMOCRAT CRYBABIES 40
ladies have you ever cheated on your BF while h... (Sep '15) 4 hr Cuckold 16
More from around the web