Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#673137 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>We all claim to be descendants of the original Israelites.
I wonder if they really have the Ark. They won't let anyone in to confirm or deny it.
Gee whiz I wonder why.
Greens - tuf

Australia

#673138 Nov 13, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Either you have a soul or you don't.
Without your soul you are a dog.
Dogs have souls.
Greens - tuf

Australia

#673139 Nov 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Not encouraging heavy drinking or anything, but that's actually a common misconception. Our brains are actually incredibly good at recovering from damage - it's called plasticity. Not trying to nitpick, it's just a cool fact about our brains.
Very true.
Same goes with smoking pot. Lay off the pot for a week and the difference is amazing.

Since: May 11

London, UK

#673140 Nov 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>How many times has it been explained to you that the nature of this venue prevents anyone from proving they have hands. Does the nature of this venue prevent you from proving god? Could you do something in person that you couldn't do here? Do you imagine that the strength of your in person conviction would win people over or something?
It's a simple matter to prove you have hands in this medium to a reasonable person, however the 'religious' will attach an impossible standard to that proof while insisting that the standard of proof be infinitestimally small when applied to their particular 'god'.

"ahhh you may perceive your hands to be there but how do you actually know that your brain isn't simply 'inserting' hands instead of a form of telekenesis"

as opposed to:

"of course theres a god, look at a tree/flower/banana, I had a cold once and I prayed and recovered...checkmate"
Greens - tuf

Australia

#673141 Nov 13, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
God is not money.
God is not anger.
God is not illness.
God is not hate.
God is love, wellness, happiness,
togetherness, goodness, children,
home, friendship and peace.
In a scientific sort of way, than yes you are correct, your "God" does represent all of that, but you are only here in this form because there is a destructive force in the Universe which is at odds with all of your goodness, hence you can call it "goodness"
The Universe has a trait and that trait is survival, so the destructive force which stops the Universe from growing is the reason you are a material being. The Universe eats up your emotions so as to keep growing, it is non destructive, it is not out to destroy the destructive force, it cannot destroy it because it to is energy, but it can overcome it and grow because of it.
We need this destructive, negative, evil energy to give the Universe a kick up the ass to keep itself growing. It gives it purpose.
Greens - tuf

Australia

#673142 Nov 13, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
God is not money.
God is not anger.
God is not illness.
God is not hate.
God is love, wellness, happiness,
togetherness, goodness, children,
home, friendship and peace.
One could say that for the Universe to find this destructive energy then it needs to create an illusionary world of separate egos and then the "evil" destructive energy will show itself in the form of an "evil" human being. Once this destructive energy is on show the Universe can then destroy this energy once that human being dies. The energy "soul" is destroyed once it returns to the aether, you might relate that to being " banished to hell for eternity".
A material world may well just be like a strainer. The pure non destructive energy flows through but the destructive energy gets caught, and is then tossed away.
Greens - tuf

Australia

#673143 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, what's wrong with the Philippines?
Umm, are you being serious ????

I certainly hope not.
Greens - tuf

Australia

#673144 Nov 13, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, I'll tell ya. I'm obviously atheist, but I'm ready to utter a few prayers for the poor souls in the Philippines. As if life isn't hard enough, they now have to endure this. This goddamn, nasty ass, fuckedup planet. The older I get, the more I'm starting to truly hate it.
Life is an emotional roller coaster, and that's exactly what it was designed for.
Greens - tuf

Australia

#673145 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's cuz Fox News is the shit.
Really, Fox News ?
No wonder you haven't heard about what happened in the Philippines.
Try CNN or BBC, it amazing what you will find out is going on outside of the USA.

London, UK

#673146 Nov 13, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, are you being serious ????
I certainly hope not.
Remember who you're talking to.

If it's outside US borders it may as well be Mars.

Try telling him 2 of the deaths were reported to be Americans...they may have been non-white Americans so don't get your hopes up for any display of empathy....
Greens - tuf

Australia

#673147 Nov 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/n oel-sheppard/2013/11/12/fox-al most-doubles-cnn-and-msnbcs-co mbined-prime-time-viewers-last -we
heh heh
A story about Fox news nearly double viewers over CNN and MSNBC.
" The new prime time lineup at Fox News continues to demolish its competition.
Last week, FNC almost doubled the combined viewers of CNN and MSNBC from 8PM to 11PM.
During this time period, FNC averaged 2.1 million total viewers and 376k in the important demographic of folks aged 25 to 54.
MSNBC had 716k and 202k respectively while CNN brought in 433k and 146k."
That is something that I would keep to myself.
How is that a good thing?
Greens - tuf

Australia

#673148 Nov 13, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think there's a Hukt?

" What makes you think there's a Hukt ?"

I saw it on Fonix news, so it must be true.
Greens - tuf

Australia

#673149 Nov 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're cooked, dude.
You relieve yourself on your god God, you're off to the lake of fire.
Ok, now that is funny.
But you could of been even funnier , because he said " relieve in a God ".

God takes the piss, and we take the piss out of God.:)

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#673150 Nov 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Not encouraging heavy drinking or anything, but that's actually a common misconception. Our brains are actually incredibly good at recovering from damage - it's called plasticity. Not trying to nitpick, it's just a cool fact about our brains.
Okay.....however:

"The research indicates that adults who drink in moderation are not in danger of losing brain cells.

THE BOTTOM LINE Alcohol may not kill brain cells per se, but it can impair brain function, among other things."

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/23/health/23re...

So per the above, drinking *in moderation* is not an issue and per the above alcohol does not "kill" brain cells; still, heavy drinking does cause damage to brain function.

And for those who are alcoholics:

"BRAIN DAMAGE FROM OTHER CAUSES

People who have been drinking large amounts of alcohol for long periods of time run the risk of developing serious and persistent changes in the brain.

Damage may be a result of the direct effects of alcohol on the brain or may result indirectly, from a poor general health status or from severe liver disease.

For example, thiamine deficiency is a common occurrence in people with alcoholism and results from poor overall nutrition.

Thiamine, also known as vitamin B1, is an essential nutrient required by all tissues, including the brain."

http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/aa63/a...

And about the above, it is not as uncommon as many think for those who are truly alcoholics to go days and days without eating and to develop malnutrition which results in not taking in enough thiamine as per the above.

And many who are alcoholics never stop drinking, thereby not allowing for any time for the brain to recover from damage caused.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673151 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need proof.
It seems that you do.
I wasn't asking for proof when God spoke to me.
The proof is out there, Hukt.
Have faith, you'll find it.
But you have claimed you HAVE proof and all anyone has to do to see that proof you have is to go see you in Riverside CA.

Now you say the proof is "out there"? WHERE, "out there"? No place specific or is the proof "out there" in Riverside CA?

Why should anyone have to have faith to "find" that proof when you have repeatedly claimed- and as recently as yesterday- that all one need do is go see you in Riverside, CA for you to show them the proof of your god?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#673152 Nov 13, 2013
Thats a knee slapper wrote:
<quoted text>
Question is why do you believe there is a God? Has anything other than your up bringing and a book told you or showed you there is a God?
Yes.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#673153 Nov 13, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly; and I fully expect you to not want to understand, you see Paganism as competition against your shrinking religion.
At least Nature is real. Your god, not so much.
Shrinking religion?

O_o

“R.I.P ACCF”

None of your buisness...

#673154 Nov 13, 2013
Well...what's there to lose? Don't believe in God? You ain't going to heaven. Believe there's a God? You might go to heaven. Why not believe in God?

London, UK

#673155 Nov 13, 2013
Ben ACCF KING wrote:
Well...what's there to lose? Don't believe in God? You ain't going to heaven. Believe there's a God? You might go to heaven. Why not believe in God?
how original.

Why don't you believe in Vishnu, what's there to lose?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#673156 Nov 13, 2013
Ben ACCF KING wrote:
So you're saying that the most heinous of people who commit the most heinous of acts get to go to heaven if they believe in a god despite having been a monster of a human being?

So you're saying that someone who is a truly good person and who does much good to make the lives of others better and who is generous, kind and compassionate will NOT go to heaven if they don't believe in a god?

So you're saying that it doesn't matter how wonderful or evil a person is and that all it takes is to believe in a god to get to heaven?

So you're saying that your god doesn't judge people on how they lived their lives and doesn't care how they lived their lives or what heinous acts they might have committed but that the only "requirement" to get into heaven is to believe in your god?

So I guess that would mean that good people who have lived good lives and who have never so much as harmed a fly will be in heaven with those who were horrible people who committed horrible atrocities as long as those horrible people also believed in your god.

Heaven doesn't sound so great after all......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Richard The Lion... 79,718
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Acts4-12-BY ONLY ... 701,481
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 38 min Dang Jersey Piney 448,389
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 2 hr Johnny 718
Will Meghan Markle Bring Down the Royals? 2 hr Johnny 4
Bill Cosby guilty on all 3 charges. 2 hr Johnny 43
Judas Iscariot and Mark Fuhrman 2 hr BILLION HEIR 39