no god

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#672539 Nov 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
But not in that list of the top selling books or in any other list of best selling books since records began so I wonder where the gbr got its figures. I wonder if itÂ’s like the CIA claim that only 2% of the world population is atheist (if you exclude the rest of the world not the USA)
But perhaps you can prove your statement with some sort of documentary evidence?
What?! You linked to a media site, I linked to Guinness.

As I said, enjoy your ignorant denials.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#672540 Nov 11, 2013
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you just drop this sh#t ?
Seriously , nobody gives a flying f#%k what Fox news represents. Who cares !!!!!!
Get over it !!!!!
Move on !!!!!!
Notice I said "can you", instead of "will you". I said "can you" because I don't think you can, so, can you ?
Time will tell.
P.s, it's also time to grow up.
A voice of reason.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#672541 Nov 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pray.
It's really that simple.
OK. Dear Jesus, in the name of God please make your presence known to everyone in the world before 8pm this evening.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#672542 Nov 11, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
you took a part of my post out of the context it was written in.
awww.... The poor wittle baby boy can dish it out but can't take it....

loser

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#672543 Nov 11, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I was quoting the Bible where it says, "...there is no God."
Prove it doesn't.
Go.
A fool says in his heart, "there is no god".

That would be you, duder.
oneear69

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#672544 Nov 11, 2013
Thanks for the reply, but the reality is there is no other planet close enough for us to habitat.The news of astronomers is that there could be billions of earth like planets in our own milky way galaxy, and it is known that the 4 elements do exist through out our Universe. But those are thousands of light yrs away, and it is still speculation and educated guesses at best.Now we could perhaps exploit Mars of its resources, but the resources needed to do so would have to come from Earth first Like it or not Earth is our only home. It is but a grain of sand in a Goldilocks zone, of a small star. The variables and alchemy of the elements and evolutionary time on planet Earth is found nowhere else,the fact that Saturn's gravitational pull helps in redirecting or absorbing asteroids, is a huge variable , but one of billions of reasons as to why life is the way it is. Which is why, for me as an Atheist, I believe our planet Earth is a Utopia of life, a hidden jewel of life, how lucky are we to have this beautiful diversity and abundance of life, from the micro organisms, to our human species.This to me is what should be celebrated, this to me is what we should be taking care of, preserving the earth and its resources for future generations.And as much as we have evolved socially scientifically over the last 2 centuries, we have done so at a reckless pace.Our human population has tripled, we have polluted every stream lake and ocean,we have depleted 50% of the rain forests in 50yrs, people still starve in a world that produces more than enough,and we have wasted countless resources,time ingenuity on the war machine, we have reached a social inequality greater than that of pre- French and Russian revolutionary times.Where less than 1% owns and controls over 70% of the wealth and resources.Now I don't know where religion or god fits into any of this, but only mankind is going to save himself from himself.I see no responsibility from any religion, to practice what they preach. It is not the worshiping of death for a better place yous should be concerned about, it is the way in which you live your life in the here and now, and your respect and responsibility, towards all life on this planet.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#672545 Nov 11, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
Christians are becoming a small minority,
I know you like to think that but it's simply not true. Christianity has been on the rise for 2,000 years and it's till on the rise.

Location hidden

#672546 Nov 11, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Boy, y'know when Asspu and li'l tim thought I was a liberal leftist just like them, because of the way I treat fundie christians, they were plastering sweet wet kisses all over my tanned ass whenever I agreed with them; but dare I ever *disagree* with them on matters of politics, liberalism and conservatism, then they come out with their tiny fisted tantrums.
So, lemme see if I got this right:
When it comes to matters of christianity and atheism, my bullshit detector works absolutely brilliantly, beautifully and flawlessly, precisely as it was designed, because I agree with the liberals and the atheists.
But when it comes to matters of politics, liberalism, and Fox News, all of a sudden my bullshit detector doesn't work worth fuckall, and I need to be told what to think and what to believe by the liberals because all of a sudden I *can't* think for myself.
Is that pretty much it? I just need to agree with you leftist wankers, and everything will be fine?
That's just like Riverside Redneck telling us that he can see and hear God but we can't, because he's perfect.
I have never once "plastered you with kisses," and for the most part outright avoided interacting with you at all because of how distasteful your posts are. Before this hoopla, I had probably "spoken" to you 5 times.

Also, who is telling you what to think? I could care less what your political leanings are, I just find it absurd that you buy into the whole "fair and balanced" BS.

You are right leaning. That's fine. But it clouds your judgement - you think that because fox news agrees with you, that must mean they really are "fair and balanced." I, on the other hand, lean left, but you don't see me defending MSNBC as a bastion of journalism. They're just as bad as fox. Isn't it suspicious that the "best" news network is the one that agrees with you?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#672547 Nov 11, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
did that
no god
That's the cut/paste atheist answer.

"I tried"

But I doubt you ever did.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#672548 Nov 11, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. Dear Jesus, in the name of God please make your presence known to everyone in the world before 8pm this evening.
You say there is no god.

You can't pray a lie, son.

Location hidden

#672549 Nov 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Not scary at all, huh?
Say you just watched a bunch of your relatives and friends get butchered and mauled in an arena for the amusement of others and your turn was the next morning? Would you be a bit apprehensive about waking up?
That's a physical reality you witnessed personally. Now what if you didn't witness it, but knew something unpleasant was going to occur to you and you had to face it as it developed? You probably wouldn't be looking forward to waking up, either.
Now, you hear rumors of what happens when you go into this "eternal sleep" you like to believe in.
What if you enter this blissful eternal sleep only to wake up to a reality where you are trapped in a dark cave on a small asteroid a thousand light years from a dim and distant star with no cigarettes, no nothing but a yearning to do ANYTHING to pass the time? There is no way to measure time, there is nothing to do. You couldn't even destroy yourself. Just the never ending desire to do something.
You don't think that could be a reality?
Open your mind to the possibility of there being more to existence than what you are experiencing now. You may also appreciate even the pain you feel in it now. It is better than nothing.
I guess it could. That doesn't make it scary. There's no point worrying about nonsense like that.

Location hidden

#672550 Nov 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is the highest selling and most printed book of all time.
You don't have to like the Bible, but you can't deny the facts.
So what happens if harry potter overtakes it? Stop being so dull.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#672551 Nov 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I have never once "plastered you with kisses," and for the most part outright avoided interacting with you at all because of how distasteful your posts are. Before this hoopla, I had probably "spoken" to you 5 times.
Also, who is telling you what to think? I could care less what your political leanings are, I just find it absurd that you buy into the whole "fair and balanced" BS.
You are right leaning. That's fine. But it clouds your judgement - you think that because fox news agrees with you, that must mean they really are "fair and balanced." I, on the other hand, lean left, but you don't see me defending MSNBC as a bastion of journalism. They're just as bad as fox. Isn't it suspicious that the "best" news network is the one that agrees with you?
timn17 wrote:

You are right leaning. That's fine. But it clouds your judgement
So does left leaning clear up your judgement?
oneear69

Location hidden

#672552 Nov 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>On the one hand, you claim that fox is fair and objective, and on the other, you say that their conservative bent is ok because they admit it.
And no, I don't care for the other networks.
Media has been bought and controlled since the late 19th century.It has to be , how else would you control the mob! You can't get a nation to go to war, if you actually showed the bombs being dropped on innocent women and children. You can't confuse your average voter in voting for a corporately sponsored representative.You can't dumb down a nation, without all the eye candy and distraction.
oneear69

Location hidden

#672553 Nov 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you like to think that but it's simply not true. Christianity has been on the rise for 2,000 years and it's till on the rise.
You are kidding your self my friend,christianity is divided amongst itself, there is what over 2500 different versions, each one claiming to be the right one, catholics and protestants are a good example of the hate amongst yourselves.Again, the failure of religion is not that of us Atheists,it is that of your on flocks.Remember, we are all born Atheists, not all of us are indoctrinated with fear at a young age.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#672554 Nov 11, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who needs to open his mind to the reality of your present state of disharmony and internal conflict.
What are you Dave and what can you become? You are like a house builder who refuses to build a foundation before he builds a house.
Until you bring peace and harmony to your triune brain you will never ever experience any thing more than what you are now; a mish mash of contradiction.
Because people are like you, broken and defective we have war.
The kingdom of heaven is within so why do you stand outside the pearly gates?
PS. There is no such thing as God.
You built your house on quicksand.

Actually you are in a blown up bubble being tossed about in the wind with an illusion of solidity. As a bubble you can't combine with the ultimate reality. You are desperately trying to keep that bubble patched with these words you spew. Wait until that bubble gets burst and you fall out.

You are a bona fide mental case, Alan. No one takes you seriously.

Rocky Ford, CO

#672555 Nov 11, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I guess it could. That doesn't make it scary. There's no point worrying about nonsense like that.
At this point in time for you. Wait until it gets closer.

Timmy. you are used to playing this life by ear. You have your feet on the ground and know the steps. When that ground is gone your ability to keep your feet disappears. Try looking before you leap or get carried away while dancing.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#672556 Nov 11, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>You are kidding your self my friend,christianity is divided amongst itself, there is what over 2500 different versions, each one claiming to be the right one, catholics and protestants are a good example of the hate amongst yourselves.Again, the failure of religion is not that of us Atheists,it is that of your on flocks.Remember, we are all born Atheists, not all of us are indoctrinated with fear at a young age.
I don't remember not being a Christian. As fat as I know, I was born this way.

Oh and, Catholics are Christian. In case you didn't know...

Rocky Ford, CO

#672557 Nov 11, 2013
http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillmatthews/2...

Your costs for the pursuit of that government check by others has now been increased. They will find it easier to find a doctor to understand their problems, give them treatment, and evidence of their disability.

And they can still vote for the nice people that gave them such opportunity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Behewawawawawa 42,009
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 16 min Rabbis on the Run 129
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 43 min Paul McCartney is... 618
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 48 min Rabbis on the Run 690,456
Sometimes I like Louis Farrakhan's "sermons"...... 1 hr Paul McCartney is... 107
our STORE is starting on politics 2 hr Curious 4
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 3 hr USA-1 39,274
More from around the web