Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#672339 Nov 10, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know it's my opinion?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion is that God exists *only* in my head.
You have no evidence for that, therefore: opinion.
Your opinion is that "God" exists outside of your head.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#672340 Nov 10, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality is that your god exists in your head... like your dreams.
There is nothing to suggest it exists anywhere else.
You put science down for claiming to teach us something "factual", correcting itself, and repeat. You claim people once had reasons to believe what they beleived, but were mistaken when they called their beliefs facts... as people are today with today's "facts"... and as they will be with tommarrow's.
At the same time... you think I'm being stubborn for not accepting your fact.
You have no proof.
What am I doing wrong?
Not accepting the difference between your beliefs and facts.

Your belief: God exists only in my head.
The fact: That's your belief. If it wasn't, you would've shown your evidence by now.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#672341 Nov 10, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Because "God" lives inside your head, and your head alone; and what lives inside of your head cannot affect the weather.
Please provide evidence to support your assertion that God lives only in my head.

Go.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#672342 Nov 10, 2013
Where would that be?
At God.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#672343 Nov 10, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe people have died, do die, and, will continue to die.
Well, that is undeniably a fact. People do those things. The issue is if they are just composite material entities or composite material vehicles for entities.

"You" are now functioning as a constructed object. "You" have no idea what will happen when that object runs out of gas.

The belief in going to eternal sleep is from the fear of eternal life. Going to sleep to escape your problems is a habit picked up here.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#672344 Nov 10, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. Shyt.
I know....

I'm off at 4, but it gets dark now at 5-530. Doth sucketh.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#672345 Nov 10, 2013
Riverside? Here's the proof you asked for. No belief necessary, no "interpretation" necessary. Just a simple, undeniable fact---which we all know you will attempt to argue anyway, just for the sake of argument.
http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/human-b...
"Smell, like taste, is a chemical sense detected by sensory cells called chemoreceptors. When an odorant stimulates the chemoreceptors in the nose that detect smell, they pass on electrical impulses to the brain. The brain then interprets patterns in electrical activity as specific odors and olfactory sensation becomes perception -- something we can recognize as smell. The only other chemical system that can quickly identify, make sense of and memorize new molecules is the immune system ..."
You just used the sense of smell as evidence of the sense of smell.

Circular reasoning at it's finest.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#672346 Nov 10, 2013
Have you never watched a sleeping dog twitching its feet and face, and woffing softly?
It's dreaming.
I know dreams are real. I've always and only implied that they are real.

But watching a dog react when he's sleeping is the effect and only evidence of the effect.

Prove the cause (dream).

Go.

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#672347 Nov 10, 2013
The United States Marine Corps is 238 years old today---*OO**-RAH!!
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text> yes.it is sad that humanity still needs to settle dispute and theft of resource by means of the military machine.
Really? I thought it was all about destroying the aggressors. Defeinding one's nation against hostile takeover. Y'know, stuff like that.

I guess you disapprove of self-defense, freedom and national sovereignty.
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text> To bad we didn't put all the wasted resource, ingenuity, science and technology into a global education infrastructure. Something I'm sure would be of more benifit to humanity.
Controlled by whom? The EU? South America? Russia? Iran?

The United Federation of Planets?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#672348 Nov 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I imagined nothing. That I did is your ignorant opinion.
It's not really an opinion, it's more of a logical deduction based on what we know about the world. We *know* that people can imagine things, and we don't know that god exists. One thing is much more likely than the other. Can you guess which?

If a devout muslim told you that mohammed spoke to them, would you believe them?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#672349 Nov 10, 2013
<quoted text>
My Goddess does; your God doesn't.
Prove me wrong.
No.

I don't know who your Goddess is.

I don't care who your Goddess is.

I don't get into pointless debates about things I don't believe in.

Cuz I'm not atheist.,

What's your excuse?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#672350 Nov 10, 2013
<quoted text>
There's nothing wrong with having a religion, or a religious belief; the problem is when that person or group of persons insists that he or she or it has a "divine right" or a "divine mission" to *impose* that belief on someone else.
Exactly, and we can see this all over the globe now, Israel is a perfect example of religion, all religions gone wrong.Religion is not alright, it breeds ignorance, therefore , fear and hate. It is time we as a human species,grew up and took care of the world around us, and not worry about what happens when we die.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#672351 Nov 10, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes but that does not include human consciousness.The ultra violet rays of the sun is what created the photosynthesizes on earth to create an evolutionary process we call life on Earth.Just as Sirius (the star) no doubt has an influence of energy control on our Galaxy.To say there is a life after death, is just our human conceit, and wishful thinking.
You have a simplistic view based upon reading textbooks and watching documentaries. Things are a whole bunch more complicated than that. Start digging into the details.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#672352 Nov 10, 2013
Your opinion is that "God" exists outside of your head.
I've *SEEN* His work, Kait.*SEEN* it.

You've *SEEN* Karma. You *SAW* it.

That's good enough for me.

Location hidden

#672353 Nov 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, minor comparing God to dreams, love or intuition.
All I'm saying is that there are plenty of things out there that we all believe in - without any evidence.
No there aren't. I swear, if you say that there is no evidence for love/dreams one more time, I'm gonna punch you through the internet.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#672354 Nov 10, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Such as?
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your belief in the accuracy of your assessments. Which then turn into a preaching if you aren't careful.
That's *your* prerogative, isn't it, Dave?

Location hidden

#672355 Nov 10, 2013
<quoted text>
My dad used to pay thirty-five cents a gallon for gasoline, and twenty-five cents for a loaf of bread. Movie tickets were a buck a throw.
Yeah, we're a little better off today, aren't we?
You are *so* young ... No wonder you think you know everything.
<quoted text>
So, you believe that as a result of inflation, we are better off.
Okay.
<quoted text>
In many ways, we are; I agree. In many ways, we are not.
Obamacare, for example, and Obama's attendant lies about it; health is about to get a lot worse. Three million policis canceled, so far---and that's a conservative extimate.
Then there's Fast & Furious, and AG Holder's approval of Black Panther voter intimidation.
<quoted text>
Generally, thanks to more states passing less restrictive gun laws. Thirty-five states, I think, have "shall issue" laws for concealed carry permits. Chicago---Obama's hometown---is as violent as ever, since his AG refuses to do anything about the gangs there.
<quoted text>
You can thank Fox for that; number one cable news station for about ten years running.
And I still want that damn name.
<quoted text>
Hey, Clueless?*YOU* are the one who said we're better off today. I merely asked how, and pointed out a few FACTS that contradict your opinion.
<quoted text>
Yeah, you're right; in spite of what Santayana said, we should all just forget the past.
<quoted text>
If Fox were the blatant liars you accuse them of being, they would have been sued into oblivion ten years ago.
Fox news is more reliable than most internet sites, as near as I can tell. It's easy to find Fox and yell at them if they get something wrong; not so with internet rumor-mongers. And when they are wrong, they admit it and correct themselves.
I mean, do you think Topix is a good source of information?
You just don't like Fox because you're a liberal leftist, while they openly admit to being conservative.
One of several things I *don't* like about Fox is their religious advertising.
So, what's stopping you *this* time from providing that name?
Sweet lord. You just said that fox is a better provider of information than the internet. I don't even know how to respond to that.

I will provide post numbers, not a name. A "name" is pointless, and would only prove I can google. Post numbers will prove that you're a liar. I've been busy all day, but it will be done tonight. And then you will ignore it, and we'll continue on like this some more, like we've already done 2 - 3 times.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#672356 Nov 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing your opinion that God is not real.
Why is your belief a fact while their disbelief is merely opinion?

Care to explain?

Location hidden

#672357 Nov 10, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:...
You saw where I corrected myself, within five minutes, you lying little sack.
WHERE'S THAT NAME?
<quoted text>
Yeah, right. Was it because you closed your eyes so you wouldn't *have* to see it?
WHERE'S THAT NAME?
I think I'm starting to understand what's wrong with you. You think that a television channel that chooses what you watch (fox) is a better source of information than literally the entire history of human knowledge, aka the internet. LOL. That's some grade a crazy right there.

Location hidden

#672358 Nov 10, 2013
<quoted text>
You have not given that name, and everyone here knows it.
How just is a cause that you have to lie for, timmy?
Post the name here, within this hour, and see if I "ignore it again."
Put up or shut up.
<quoted text>
YES IT IS.
Your refusal to post it is proof that you are a liar.
<quoted text>
Bullshit. I clip what's irrelevant.
<quoted text>
Why not just give me the name?
Did you *forget* the name of this blatant GOP "propagandist?" Wow; I'da thunk a name like that would have stuck in your memory.
You don't *want* to give that name, because *you don't have it.*
You lied.
You're still lying.
SHOW US THE NAME.
Do you not know what google is? Do you know how easy it would be for me to find a list of every single person who has ever appeared on fox?*That's* why your demands are pointless, and why I am going to give you post numbers. All I care about at this point is proving that you're a liar (as if that is in question). It takes a long time to do, so please don't have a stroke while you're waiting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min Dr Banonator 55,967
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Steve III 649,805
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 22 min Flower-Child 53,840
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 33 min Danielle 171
Black gay brothers drop your BBM pins 34 min from uk 2
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Toby 106,052
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 44,924
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web