#672412 Nov 10, 2013
Well, *this* bag of chips is empty.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#672413 Nov 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got a terrible memory.
I was 15 and I was not drunk. I hadn't even had my first beer yet.
More incorrect diagnosis, bring it on.
you are lying

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#672414 Nov 10, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a better believer than RR.
I'm gonna shut up now.
I know better than to fugg wid you.
LOL!! You crazy nutball! You're my fave!!!

I gotta go start dinner.

Location hidden

#672415 Nov 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No.
You are really quite dense, I've already told this to you and I'm sure I'll have to a few dozen more times.
I'm saying that God exists without proof, just like dreams, intuition, love, etc.
I'm NOT saying that God exists in your mind just like dreams, that's what YOU are saying.
and that is exactly the analogy you employed.

that your god is as real as your dreams

most will agree

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#672416 Nov 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You "want to see" no evidence of God.
You "want to see" no reason to believe.
Take a picture then doofus.

Location hidden

#672417 Nov 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you limit God's effects to weather?
I cannot find your god.

He made you, I guess he is too embarrassed to show his face.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#672418 Nov 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/s tories/U/US_ATHEIST_MEGACHURCH ?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME& TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=201 3-11-10-17-03-15
Atheist megachurches.
Worshipping non-belief.
Not enough space left for the laugh it invokes.
from the link above

The movement dovetails with new studies showing an increasing number of Americans are drifting from any religious affiliation.

The Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life released a study last year that found 20 percent of Americans say they have no religious affiliation, an increase from 15 percent in the last five years. Pew researchers stressed, however, that the category also encompassed majorities of people who said they believed in God but had no ties with organized religion and people who consider themselves "spiritual" but not "religious."
/quote

thnx for proving your religion is DYING,silly kristain

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#672419 Nov 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Finding god in the illusion of auditory hallucination, isn't what anyone should hope to do.
Nicely said!

Location hidden

#672420 Nov 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya well, there's no proof of dreams, love or black holes but you "know" those exist.
thanks
There is evidence of dreams, love and black holes, there is nothing to suggest some God or other exists because it doesn't do anything that we can observe and conclude he did it.

When the wind blows, God didn't do it. When the sun moves around the earth God didn't do it. When a star explodes, God didn't do it. When your rich relative dies and leaves you his fortune, God didn't do it. When you avoid a deadly collision by about an inch God didn't do it. When your 3rd grade math teacher gives you an A, God didn't do it. When you take medicine exactly as your doctor prescribed it and you die, God didn't go it.

Location hidden

#672421 Nov 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
If you asked questions more often you might learn something. The reason no one hears God in their heads is because no such thing exists.

But do tell us, besides talking to you in your head, what else does this God of yours do?

He doesn't feed starving children. He doesn't stop hurricanes and floods. He doesn't stop asteroids from hitting the earth. He doesn't stop people from mis-translating what you call his word.

What the hell does this invented God of yours do all day long?

Bu comparison the Universe is extremely busy and we see the results of what the Universe is doing all around us. Pretty conclusive that the Universe exists but your God does not.

Location hidden

#672422 Nov 10, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
The need to understand the utter ignorance of religion , is because of the false hope it breeds.Sadly, most think, that the life we have, in the here and now, is but a stepping stone to something better.That we can treat each other and all life on this planet like a garbage disposal.We may never have a social utopia , amongst humans, but from what I understand about the known Universe, planet Earth is the only life to sustain the diversity of life as we know it.This is a utopia of life.It is an Alchemy of the 4 elements, everything you know, everyone you know or ever heard of is of this planet.the reason we are who we are, is because of all the life on this planet, it is not even possible to breed outside of our planet.The air we breath,the water we drink, the soil we use to grow our food, the fire we use to keep warm. We are critical thinkers, with the ability to manipulate these elements for our survival, yet the ignorance of social indifference, is what keeps us ,living in the dark ages.We are no longer many islands of fear and ignorance, we are one people, one planet. Its time to grow up, before we have destroyed our eco systems beyond repair.
You are right about what people are and that life on earth is not guaranteed. However what we are is not all we can become. One can begin an investigation into ones internal workings and discover many different and interesting things about oneself and all other human beings.

What is beating your heart? What makes you breath and knows when to exhale? How do you know when you are thirsty? A whole universe of processes is currently going on inside each of us and few, maybe less than one in a billion knows how to investigate and observe ones self.

Do we agree the people on the earth are insane? Why are they insane? Can we believe that normal people would wage war and destroy their very own bio-sphere?

You are right, as far as we can prove now, life as we know it only exists on the surface of the planet earth in this biosphere. But that could change at any moment. And when it does and we encounter beings of another biosphere will we try to do to them what we do to one another? Of course we will. We will exploit them as much as it is possible to do because human beings are refusing to participate in a personal psychological evolution; modern humans refuse to evolve past what great nature has given them.

Do you eat dinner or does the animal you live in eat dinner.

Location hidden

#672423 Nov 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The irreducible complexity of the bacterial flagellum.
I am so tired of your little games which you play to avoid dealing with the fact that there is no evidence for the existence of this God you allege.

Psalm 14:1 says, "There is no God..."

Now go ballistic.

Go.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#672424 Nov 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You "want to see" no evidence of God.
You "want to see" no reason to believe.
Doesn't matter what we want.

That's what we're getting.

Location hidden

#672425 Nov 10, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
The wake is proof of the wake and nothing else, Dave.
One might say it's proof of something else.
That's about all one can say until they have proof of something more specific.
That's all I'm saying.
The biblicists want to conclude that the whole entire Universe and everything in it is proof of something other than the whole entire Universe and everything in it, like that it has to have a creator for it to exist, and of course that creator is the God they have invented. But they do not carry that further and conclude that then, therefore, for God to exist it too must have been created, but by what?

If everything must have a creator to explain its existence, then who or what created God?

Location hidden

#672426 Nov 10, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no proof your god exists.
It's all in your head.
That's what you ARE saying.
I agree, that is exactly what RR is saying.

I have to wonder, if RR was to accept that there is no God, how would his life be any different than it is today when he insists that such an impossibility exists.

Location hidden

#672427 Nov 10, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>You understand what the 5 senses are right!Dreams are part of the memory, love is an emotion, black holes are observable, thats why we know they exist, we just do not know the how and why.We are lucky if we understand 1% of all there is to know and understand of the universe, in fact we are lucky if we understand 1% of the diversity of life on our planet.I suppose 50yrs ago it was easy just to say ,god did it. But science has answered a lot of the unknowns.The sharing of information and knowledge, has never been so abundant and accessible.We don't need false deity's my friend.We need to grow up and take responsibility for our actions, towards each other and our environments.
The lizard brain part of our triune brain controls eating and shitting, the mammalian part of our triune brain controls breathing in and exhaling and it is the neocortex that takes in impressions and dreams. Dreams are the neocortex's way of shitting. Just like an exhale is shitting for breathing and of course what we are all most familiar with, we shit after eating food. Three different brains three different waste products.

Science talks about the black hole at the center of our Universe as feeding itself again. Science talks of the sun taking a rest period. Are human beings the only objects in the Universe that take something in, transform it and reject what isn't needed? Are we the only beings that rest?

Location hidden

#672428 Nov 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Find God in reality.
Stay off the drugs.
But you see reality backwards RR.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#672429 Nov 10, 2013
Funny thing. Someone said something earlier about you only live eternally in the minds of others.

JC is still going on after 2000 years. Even in the minds of those that deny his existence.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#672430 Nov 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Funny thing. Someone said something earlier about you only live eternally in the minds of others.
JC is still going on after 2000 years. Even in the minds of those that deny his existence.
and you still cant prove god,why is that?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#672431 Nov 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Only because it's being shoved in our faces every day.
Sidenote: 3.5 million insurance policies cancelled, thanks to Obamacare. Thank you, Mr. President. You s.o.b.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Just Think 687,224
Topix is run by a bunch of GAY LOSERS 11 min Doctor REALITY 1
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 48 min Bobby Bobson 30,855
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 55 min Doctor REALIUTY 6
News Driver charged after ramming truck into mobile ... 1 hr bhc 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr Berzerkers 286,543
Anthony Bragg 6 hr Eyes open Smh 29
More from around the web