Prove there's a god.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#672195 Nov 10, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_creation...
What makes the bible right and the rest wrong?
The answer of course is nothing. The Bible is just a collection of ancient Jewish puppet plays and he is deceived.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#672196 Nov 10, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no proof of any of the things you listed.
There's no proof of your god.
Your god is your belief.
That's all.
---
I never once claimed there was proof of dreams.
You're dreams exist only in your head.
You're saying that your dreams are real.
Okay.
You're saying that your god is real in the same way as your dreams.
Your dreams exist only in your head. That's the reality.
Your god exists only in your head.
That's what you're saying.
You have no proof of your dreams.
You have no proof of your god.
There is no proof of either.
You're arguing as if the lack of proof for something like dreams bolsters the plausibility of your god's existence. It doesn't. Only proof can do that. There isn't any.
What happens in your head happens only in your head. The "proof" you claim to have exists only in your head. You're claiming the proof for something existing only in your head... also exists only in your head.
It isn't proof.
It's in your head.
Hukt on Fonix wrote:

You're saying that your god is real in the same way as your dreams.
No.

You are really quite dense, I've already told this to you and I'm sure I'll have to a few dozen more times.

I'm saying that God exists without proof, just like dreams, intuition, love, etc.

I'm NOT saying that God exists in your mind just like dreams, that's what YOU are saying.

Location hidden

#672197 Nov 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Odd...
Fine then.
I know you've heard God because >I< myself have heard God.
Brain farts are not God.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#672198 Nov 10, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
The wake is proof of the wake.
It's evidence there may have been a boat.
"may have"

Could have been a variety of things to cause that wake, even a giant hand.

Everything you experience is distorted by space and what is in it, and how it is configured. Funhouse mirrors, water droplets, and even the air can distort what actually occurs. In fact, they do.

Does a mirror image, or even a video of yourself match your self perception?

Location hidden

#672199 Nov 10, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as religion is not proof of God.
Good point!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#672200 Nov 10, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
You're comparing the impossibility of proving something for which there exists no proof with the impossibility of proving something else for which there exists no proof.
Negative.

Remember your last dream? Was it last night? Maybe a few nights ago?

You remember it, you can describe it, sometimes you can even feel it. Tell me how there's no proof of dreams when you can clearly recall them happening.

Location hidden

#672202 Nov 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You may need medication, you know psychosis is a debilitating brain disorder.
Warming pews and Sunday School is a known cause of psychosis. RR is my proof.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#672203 Nov 10, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
You can NOT prove your god exists.
Does repeating yourself make you feel better?

I've already told you that I can't prove God exists, why do you keep saying the same shit over and over again?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#672204 Nov 10, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you intentionally misunderstand his message or are you playing games with it?
Al knows what he's doin'.

He knows what I'm doin'.

The question is, will RR figure it out?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#672205 Nov 10, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure it isn't injustice that never sleeps? Maybe the justice and injustice are 50-50 just like the good and bad in people are 50-50?
Last time I was in a court room the Judge, the prosecutor and the law enforcement agents all participated in injustice. The California Highway Patrol pulled over a car with one headlight out. The arresting officer said he smelled marijuana. He searched the car and found 1/8th of an ounce and he stole this honestly acquired property from the defendant and then kidnapped him. He was held for ransom until money was delivered to the court to release him from their captivity.
Who is the victim here? The defendant! A freedom loving American who only want to be left alone to mind his own business and our government inflicts injustice on him.
I was on the witness stand back in 1975 or so [in Santa Cruz] and I stood up and yelled out "Oh, dear God, there is not enough marijuana in the world." Even the judge was laughing.
Reverend Alan wrote:
...he stole this honestly acquired property from the defendant and then kidnapped him. He was held for ransom...
LMAO!

A bit over dramatic, wouldn't you say?

If you break the law, you break the law. You'd better be willing to handle the consequences.

Location hidden

#672206 Nov 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so dreams are real because of eyewitness, abecdotal evidence; "children speak of dreaming" "we all dream", but God isn't real even though we have the same evidence for Him; "children speak of God", "we all can hear God".
Got it.
Science has invented machines that can record when dreaming is taking place in the human brain. Dreaming is proven to exist by objective tests.

There is no evidence of any kind for God. All we have are the pathetic ramblings of victims of Sunday School and pew warming.

If we can all hear God then why is God saying something different in each person?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#672207 Nov 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Negative.
Remember your last dream? Was it last night? Maybe a few nights ago?
You remember it, you can describe it, sometimes you can even feel it. Tell me how there's no proof of dreams when you can clearly recall them happening.
I have no proof of my dreams. They happen in my head.

You have no proof of your god. It happens in your head.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#672208 Nov 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"may have"
Could have been a variety of things to cause that wake, even a giant hand.
Everything you experience is distorted by space and what is in it, and how it is configured. Funhouse mirrors, water droplets, and even the air can distort what actually occurs. In fact, they do.
Does a mirror image, or even a video of yourself match your self perception?
NAW....

May have, coulda, woulda, shoulda is hardcore evidence to the Topix atheist.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#672210 Nov 10, 2013
All religions are manmade, most all of them are derived from Astronomy.Christianity is derived from Judaism and Paganism. Both are derived from the Book of the Dead.There is no evidence that a man named jc even existed other than biblical text,written and manipulated some 100yrs after the apparent existence, and reedited many times over the centuries. Most notably the KJV in the 15th century.jc is more likely a relation to the book of ages, a mythology derived from Pieces, the sign of the 2 fish of the Pagan astrological chart. Simply put, it is the marking of time, of our solar systems movement in our galaxy.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#672211 Nov 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Does repeating yourself make you feel better?
I've already told you that I can't prove God exists, why do you keep saying the same shit over and over again?
To help you figure out why you can't prove there's a god.

There isn't any proof.

You god exists only in your head.

You know how I can tell when you have no proof there's a god.?

The condition of "no proof there's a god" is observed.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#672212 Nov 10, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't see gravity either but would you like to jump off the Empire State Building to show us things that can't be seen exist?
Also what are the supposed effects of this God you allege exists?
If a tree moves in the wind, is it God or the wind? If it is hot today is it God or the weather?
Why do you limit God's effects to weather?

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#672213 Nov 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The brain balances sensory input to give you your illusion of "reality". This is why loss of some sense can be compensated. Except in your case.
But on a practical basis you will adjust your levels according to the situation to identify where you are and etc. If you are getting a coherent stream of data, like listening to a sentence that is put together right, then there is a coherency behind it, so it is more than a spurious signal triggering a memory location. The difference between maybe hearing your name called out of the blue, and a complete thought process expressed in words. Now, words are strictly a physical mind construct, as are their meanings. Something you learn on this level. So if you are hearing a coherent collection of them you are hearing an amplification of a thought process buried further back in your mind. Something triggers this on a lower conscious level. You actually experience such all of the time. You can see or hear something and it catches your attention and causes a thought in your head.
It is easy to say it is an internal malfunction, but the fact is it happens to us all on a continuing basis. Some people even drink beer and fantasize about being Yoda to escape the noise and focus their thoughts.
There is just more to existence than you think you see, hear, feel, or smell and think are the basis of your thought and reality.
I assure you that your auditory hallucinations, and imaginary concepts of reality have absolutely nothing to do with me.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#672214 Nov 10, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Al knows what he's doin'.
He knows what I'm doin'.
The question is, will RR figure it out?
You sir, are looking for God.

For that, I'm glad.

I just wish you'd look in the right place.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#672215 Nov 10, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no proof of my dreams. They happen in my head.
You have no proof of your god. It happens in your head.
That is your opinion, I know.

Location hidden

#672216 Nov 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text> "we all can hear God".
Got it.
I have never heard God because I know that this sky Santa that you invented does not exist.

But if it did, why then does each person who makes the claim that we can all hear God each hear something different than everyone else who hears God?

If there was a God I would suspect it would be a singularity not a multiplicity of contradiction and disharmony.

Why does God tell you one thing and say Jerry Falwell something entirely different?

And why did God tell all the translators to translate differently?

LUKE 17:21

("...the Kingdom of God is within you"--KJ, LB, AS, TEV, NWT, NI, LV)

versus

("...the Kingdom of God is among you"--RS, ML, JB, BBE, NEB, NAB, NAS).

Whether or not the Kingdom of God is within you or outside is of theological importance.

Please explain why God tells different people different things.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min Buck Crick 63,246
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Prophecy Update News 653,568
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 35 min Steve III 618,740
Just chatt 43 min Alone 2
Katie mitchell 56 min Cuziknow 1
girls, when is the first time u saw a penis (Feb '14) 2 hr 13yokinkygirl 12
UK Phone Numbers for Fun 2 hr Marcen18064742 13
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 3 hr Eduardo 42
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 hr DebraE 106,460
More from around the web