Prove there's a god.

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Since: Sep 09

Sunbury, OH

#672112 Nov 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh
You & I were talking about people misreading scientific papers or studies...
It was never misread.
I think anyone with a high school education knows about black holes, and the scientific evidence.

Did you miss this part of the article, or did you "misread" the "scientific" part? You for got to post the "beyond any reasonable doubt" part...why is that?
Here it is....
"Ever since Albert Einstein came up with his general theory of relativity, black holes has been central to our knowledge of the Universe.
Now experts say they have shown that the theoretical phenomenon, whose gravitational pull is thought to hold galaxies together, exist "beyond any reasonable doubt".
The team of scientists spent 16 years studying the existence of a super massive black hole thought to be at the centre of our galaxy, the Milky Way.
While the black hole itself is invisible to the eye, the team proved its existence by tracking the motions of 28 stars circling around it.
Just as swirling leaves caught in a gust of wind can provide clues about air currents, so the stars' movements reveal information about forces at work at the galactic centre."

OUCH.....that must hurt :(

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#672113 Nov 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We can easily make room in the prisons for all the druggies by simply executing murderers, pedophiles and rapists.
And taggers.
Murders, pedophiles and rapists are let out of prison to make room for pot smokers. I hope one of them moves in next door to you. And btw what ever happened to you believing the Bible especially Exodus 20:13?

Care to take a guess at how many people who have been put to death by the state in your name where later found to be innocent, not 'not guilty' but completely innocent.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#672114 Nov 9, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I was talking about the higgs boson, and she was talking about black holes.
http://www.fnal.gov/pub/presspass/press_relea...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson

Your Higg's boson.

If you read carefully you will see it is a construct of math, not of something "observed".

It is supposed to have a mass 30-40 times a proton or neutron from the quotes of scientists when the experiment occurred. I also read one say it was 100 times the mass.

How long ago were protons and neutrons "discovered". How could they not find something 30-100 times the mass sitting right next to them?

Explain why so many "truths" about nuclear particles have been declared when the elephant couldn't be seen?

Like I said dozens of times, modern physics is not physics anymore. It is a math modeling game.

None of those things are "observed".

Location hidden

#672115 Nov 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you're saying and I agree.
What I don't agree with is science hurriedly telling people in haste of a "new fact" they've discovered, only to find out that it was never a fact at all.
Like: coffee is good for you, not it's bad for you, no wait a new study says it's good for you, no wait another new study says only Columbian coffee is good, no wait that study was wrong, too.
Some of the real big lies stand out, like Aristotle's spontaneous generation lie. Back then they thought it was real when it never was.
In the same way we can not trust a Christian to tell us about the Bible and the history of Christ-insanity, we can not trust Madison Avenue to tell us about what is good for us and what is bad for us.

Dealing with you is like putting a 7 course meal in the blender and trying to guess what the 7 courses were.

Neither can we trust the governments FDA to protect us. I think I need to go back to quoting biblical errors, contradictions and fallacies in reply to your simple minded apologetics.

Location hidden

#672116 Nov 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ya, you think the universe is an entity.
I don't even know what to do with that.
You do not know what to do with yourself. Let me give you a hint, nothing can be done with you, and then you die like a dog.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#672117 Nov 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh
You & I were talking about people misreading scientific papers or studies...
The article featured a quote from a scientist saying that black holes had been proven beyond a reasonable doubt. No one misread anything. The evidence for black holes is very compelling, but yes, it could be wrong, just like anything could be wrong.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#672118 Nov 9, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You would like creed.
I present this late 90s internet artifact as proof for their level of suck.
http://www.angelfire.com/band/scottcrapp/list...
O_o

Why you gotta be like that?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#672119 Nov 9, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>That's makes absolutely NO sense...are you okay?
Sorry, but I'll take the word of NASA over some random dishonest bible thumping topix nerd any day :D
http://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstudents/k-4/...
Like I said, we can't see black holes, just their supposed effects.

"A black hole can not be seen because strong gravity pulls all of the light into the middle of the black hole. But scientists can see how the strong gravity affects the stars and gas around the black hole."

Thanks again!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#672120 Nov 9, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>It was never misread.
I think anyone with a high school education knows about black holes, and the scientific evidence.
Did you miss this part of the article, or did you "misread" the "scientific" part? You for got to post the "beyond any reasonable doubt" part...why is that?
Here it is....
"Ever since Albert Einstein came up with his general theory of relativity, black holes has been central to our knowledge of the Universe.
Now experts say they have shown that the theoretical phenomenon, whose gravitational pull is thought to hold galaxies together, exist "beyond any reasonable doubt".
The team of scientists spent 16 years studying the existence of a super massive black hole thought to be at the centre of our galaxy, the Milky Way.
While the black hole itself is invisible to the eye, the team proved its existence by tracking the motions of 28 stars circling around it.
Just as swirling leaves caught in a gust of wind can provide clues about air currents, so the stars' movements reveal information about forces at work at the galactic centre."
OUCH.....that must hurt :(
As fascinating as this is, Mrs RR just sent me a text.

With a pic.

The massage table's set up....

meow

I'll pick this up tomorrow.

Later.

Since: Sep 10

United States

#672121 Nov 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that you're high or that you're in an airplane?
lol
Where ya going this time, man? Don't you ever sit still?
Atlanta.

Justice never sleeps.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#672122 Nov 9, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>That's makes absolutely NO sense...are you okay?
Sorry, but I'll take the word of NASA over some random dishonest bible thumping topix nerd any day :D
http://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstudents/k-4/...
We can like him , even adore him.
But he don't have much more intuitive power than my German Sheppard.
I can only hope that when the time comes, he can be trained to shoot in the right direction.:)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#672123 Nov 9, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
ya:
like what's the speedo for?
I'm actually not willing to go naked like the PETA girls, so I thought it would be funny to include "speedo" - as we all know what those guys look like in a speedo.

Not good in any measure, unless you are cut like a Chippendale, and I am far from that.

:o)

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#672124 Nov 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
also believe dreams are real, just don't ask me to prove it.
That's the very first time you've actually said you have no proof.

You don't.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#672125 Nov 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave you a list of like ten things that we all know are real without being able to prove them.
Why did you ignore it and not answer to which ones you believe exist?
Intuition? Dreams? Black holes?
C'mon, Hukt. You can answer something.
I believe in you.
You DIDN'T give a list of things we *know* are real.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#672126 Nov 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No proof that you had a dream, either.
Even though you know you did.
No proof of your intuition, either.
Even though you trust it.
No proof of love, either.
Even though you've felt it.
No proof of black holes, either.
But we can see their supposed effects.
No proof of dark matter, either.
But they account for so many "answers".
No proof of ET, either.
But many people believe.
No proof of ghosts, mediums or karma, either.
But many people still believe.
No proof of fate, either.
But many people still believe.
NO PROOF OF ANY OF THESE NON-RELIGIOUS THINGS EXISTS...
But many people believe.
Imagine that.
Which ones do you believe in?
<quoted text>
I asked the question.
Now you & Hukt didn't answer.
Wanna try again?
Which ones do you believe in?
There's no proof of any of those things.

There's no proof of your god.

Your god is your belief.

That's all.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#672127 Nov 9, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no proof of any of those things.
There's no proof of your god.
Your god is your belief.
That's all.
Hey Hukt, You're almost there.......

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#672128 Nov 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
O_o
Why you gotta be like that?
They suck man. It's one of those undisputed facts of life.
BibleProphecy

Marietta, GA

#672129 Nov 9, 2013

ISRAEL's foretold "TIME" ---ready for ANTICHRIST

http://youtu.be/OOyh7-GBuFU

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#672130 Nov 9, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Hukt, You're almost there.......
Almost.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#672131 Nov 9, 2013
Tune in tomorrow to find out.

G'night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min Spider1954 63,198
I'm so wet right now and want to talk dirty wit... (Jun '13) 13 min Marcen18064742 64
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 58 min Eduardo 42
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 1 hr thetruth 9,358
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Steve III 653,560
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr ImFree2Choose 2,562
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr DebraE 106,460
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr onemale 281,807
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr LAWEST100 618,736
More from around the web