Prove there's a god.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#671856 Nov 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think the best path to follow is something spawned you, and unless it eats its young, is likely on your side. What is to be gained in denying it and going out into the wilderness all by your lonesome?
When the winds of time are filling your sails and moving you along, it is useless to figure just where it originated, especially since there is not a damned thing you can do about it. You just keep sailing. Be glad it is still blowing.
Don't make me get poetic on you.
paranoid
pathetic
prevaricator

but not poetic

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#671857 Nov 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Meat's no treat for those you eat.
Well, since I don't eat "those", I have nothing to worry about.

:o)

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#671858 Nov 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Just pointing out the flaws in your precious science.
Flaws in the science that created the computer you are now using to try and discredit science?

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#671859 Nov 8, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
paranoid
pathetic
prevaricator
but not poetic
With those issues I can understand why you aren't.

There but for the grace of God go I.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#671860 Nov 8, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Flaws in the science that created the computer you are now using to try and discredit science?
Please explain the connection between Aristotle's spontaneous generation and Steve Jobs' iPhone.

Go.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#671861 Nov 8, 2013
Both are tested with practical application.

One of them is a practical application.

The other isn't.

Why is what Aristotle put forth so important?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671862 Nov 8, 2013
That last addressed RR's post before it.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#671863 Nov 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain the connection between Aristotle's spontaneous generation and Steve Jobs' iPhone.
Go.
You posted "Just pointing out the flaws in your precious science." The iphone is science.

You wish to dismiss modern science yet your only argument is bad ideas from the ancient past.
Well if you want to dismiss bad ideas from the past, how about religion?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#671864 Nov 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if that's true.
I DO know that spontaneous generation was taught as a fact by science and accepted by the scientific community as a fact for almost 2,000 years.
What do you suppose they are teaching as fact now that's actually not a fact?
You idiot, spontaneous generation was never science nor was it taught as fact. Spontaneous generation was a philosophical idea before the advent of the scientific method.
Now my ignorant friend read what it says about the scientific method and Spontaneous generation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spontaneous_gene...

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#671865 Nov 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't eat cows.
Nor do River or HL.

I never ate a whole cow or more than one either.
That takes a buck crick sized mouth.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#671866 Nov 8, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I like eating cows, chickens, lamb, deer, turkey, quail, and many others.
JOIN NOW:
P.E.E.T.A
People Eating Extra Tasty Animals!
This site left off the EXTRA part.....*smiles*.....but I suppose that they are affiliated.
http://www.mtd.com/tasty/
I could never eat more than a couple pounds, how do you people eat so much? lol
I ate a small chicken before, but a whole cow? lmao

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#671867 Nov 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Meat's no treat for those you eat.
My girl thinks I'm a meat Popsicle.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671868 Nov 8, 2013
A cow's nodda snake.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#671869 Nov 8, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i understand your frustration with scammers,'christian' or otherwise. what i can't understand is why you chose to conspire with the antichrist's and air this occurrence like your dirty laundry.
bottom line - do you think people are 'christians' because of what they do or don't do, or do you believe we can be christians solely on the basis of what Christ has done for all???
if the later, why do you continue to discriminate against christians based on their human faults?
Waz: i understand your frustration with scammers,'christian' or otherwise. what i can't understand is why you chose to conspire with the antichrist's and air this occurrence like your dirty laundry.
Al: Conspire?= "make secret plans jointly to commit an unlawful or harmful act" Well, truth be told waz, we all met at at the park under cover of night and hatched out our diabolical plan. LOL! I was making a statement of how no one is perfect. You'll notice that no one attacked my post, attacked said Christian or otherwise. Why? because my post was honest. I say what is right, I don't hide behind the Bible when I know that I did something wrong. I present myself with all my failures and warts and bruises and cuts.

Waz: "do you believe we can be christians solely on the basis of what Christ has done for all???"
Al: in other words, because when one is saved by grace alone, does it matter at all what one does? go on sinning as much as they like because it will redound all the more to the glory of graceĀ…? Sit at Church and fantasize about the Girl in the next pew yet congratulate themselves on how well they kept the Sabbath? Grace is not to be utilized as a method of ... doing whatever... especially for the Christian... We will all answer to God for how we were Stewards of His Grace, and Love...

Waz: if the later, why do you continue to discriminate against christians based on their human faults?
Al: Why advertise something then deliver the opposite? Eventually, that brand becomes tarnished and no one wants it. I just called it as I saw it.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#671872 Nov 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I could never eat more than a couple pounds, how do you people eat so much? lol
I ate a small chicken before, but a whole cow? lmao
Nah - too much red meat can be a burden in future years.

A steak here and there - that;s quite okay with me. Throw in some baked chicken breast (with a touch of lemon pepper and butter) and I'm fine for a couple of days.

IMO - vegetarians are missing out!:o)

But since I eat only some veggies, I guess I can't spout out dislike openly, or people would find that to be weird. Y aknow what I mean?

I can't imagine myself in a speedo in front of the Farmer's Market protesting against mangos, now can i?

:o)

But those girls for PETA shore can give us good ol' boys a nice video to watch.*nudge-nudge, wink-wink*

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#671874 Nov 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't compare what governments do over the table or clandestine, to terrorist bombing of civilian targets. Sorry there's a difference, or are you blaming me personally for what the US did in Iran in the 60's? Because when the terrorist blow up people in NYC, that's what they are doing. This post of yours is the equivalent of saying , oh those poor little terrorists deserved
there revenge , they didn't really mean to blow that pane up with 300 people on it. They just want to be heard.
Sorry if you just made yourself into something I loathe too.
You clipped the section of my post that directly contradicts what you say here. Don't turn into a katelyn. I said:

"I am not saying that we "deserve" to suffer attacks, as anyone that would launch a surprise attack against civilizans is scum, but the point is you can't be surprised that we are suffering some blowback. You reap what you sow."

So no, I absolutely did not say that anyone deserved anything, I said that you can't be surprised that we suffered a few counterattacks. Also, even though your "above table/below table" distinction is totally meaningless, we have in fact done *many* things under the table. The iran coup, for instance, was pretty much totally instigated by the cia.

I never blamed you personally for anything... I have no idea where you're getting that. In fact, I specifically said (which you clipped) that it's wrong to blame an entire people for the actions of a few powerful loudmouths, and I used the US people/government and muslims/muslim extremists as examples.

Location hidden

#671875 Nov 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
To what billions that spoke to Zeus, Allah or (lol) on of the Hindu gods are you referring?
Are you not aware of any religions other than christianity? What are you talking about?

Location hidden

#671876 Nov 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Brain damage.
When you pine for the "good old days," that's what you're pining for. You're viewing the past through rose tinted glasses. Things mostly sucked, and they suck a little bit less today.

Location hidden

#671877 Nov 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"...10 million years earlier than previously believed..."
Very good.
Now they gotta rewrite all the science books.
Again.
And the entire edifice of modern science comes tumbling down.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#671878 Nov 8, 2013
THINKABOUTIT wrote:
Look around you. Do you actually think all of this is an accident? Everything we need is here on earth to live a decent life. I cannot begin to tell you what the odds are of this all being an accident. WAKE THE HELL UP!
of course you can't

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Drumpf Disaster 7,649
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Charlie Sheen 286,546
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Anthony MN 681,908
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 38 min Whiskey Ben Solo 123,757
Exit the Jewtrix-Free Conspiracy Documentary 1 hr Sparrow 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,370
News Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 8 hr Ron Paul Liberty 170
More from around the web