Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#671829 Nov 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You resort to character assassination?
I thought you were better than that, Hukt.
A few days ago, it was "red herring."

Now, it's "character assassination."

You're learning new terms all the time.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#671830 Nov 8, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Geologists fully understand how to date igneous rocks from the time they last solidified.
If those igneous rocks are above sedimentary rocks then those sediments with their fossils must be older.
If those dates are inconvenient for you then that's you problem not theirs.
The Metamorphic rocks we see exposed on the earth's surface all formed in the earth's thin crust. If they had been any lower they would have melted into magma.
"Metamorphic rocks arise from the transformation of existing rock types, in a process called metamorphism, which means "change in form". The original rock (protolith) is subjected to heat (temperatures greater than 150 to 200 °C) and pressure (1500 bars),[1] causing profound physical and/or chemical change. The protolith may be sedimentary rock, igneous rock or another older metamorphic rock."
"Metamorphic rocks make up a large part of the Earth's crust and are classified by texture and by chemical and mineral assemblage (metamorphic facies). They may be formed simply by being deep beneath the Earth's surface, subjected to high temperatures and the great pressure of the rock layers above it. They can form from tectonic processes such as continental collisions, which cause horizontal pressure, friction and distortion. They are also formed when rock is heated up by the intrusion of hot molten rock called magma from the Earth's interior. The study of metamorphic rocks (now exposed at the Earth's surface following erosion and uplift) provides information about the temperatures and pressures that occur at great depths within the Earth's crust. Some examples of metamorphic rocks are gneiss, slate, marble, schist, and quartzite."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metamorphic_rock
We are talking past each other. I was trying to describe how the gravity based theory of material assemblage can develop some false hypothesis. Personally I am an EM based assembly person, it being the initial start of the process that then creates conditions for gravity to begin affecting what was started. Yes, in an intelligent manner initially.

Moving dust and small particles can bounce around forever in space without collecting in a ball. That "negative" EM skin and motion will kick gravity's ass every time. They can only collect and nudge each other if they are being drawn straight toward a large gravitational source, forming a stream. Orbiting that source is not going to make it happen any time soon, even in billions of years. However, magnetic fields and magnetic particles, and EM induction on particles, can easily draw them together where that gravity can start to work. That is why plasmas turn into neutral matter, and gravity can cause neutral matter to turn into plasmas. But it isn't straight gravity that does the latter. An example is a star cranking up. It can collect all the particles for miles and miles around, but you will just wind up with a big blob as the EM component keeps them apart and they distribute themselves according to that resistance. One reason you get that spherical shape. It takes an incoming particle at sufficient speed and thus energy to light that one magical fission match when it impacts.

The earth and us is a process. Your rocks are derivatives of that process, and can be no more than a relative benchmark for establishing "the truth". There was a lot of stuff here before they were formed that has long been dissolved into the process that created them.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#671831 Nov 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I'm focusing on the part of science that teaches fact.
Or I should say; I'm focusing trying to figure out what parts of science are fact. I mean, they tell us it's fact, they even provide evidence for it, but tht still doesn't mean they're right.....
Men have more teeth than women - another scientific "fact" that was taught to people.
For 500 years, science taught people that the liver circulated blood, not the heart.
Scientists used their phlogiston theory to explain a few things about fire and burning. Really? Yup.
Spontaneous generation was a scientific fact for 2,000 years. I wonder what scientific facts today are bullshit, too.
Maybe we'll find out in another 2,000 years.
What, specifically, "part of science" do you focus on? An example fact or two.

You say that's what you "do"... but then focus only on things that aren't believed anymore.

Why can't you provide proof your god exists?

The answer is simple.

There isn't any.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#671832 Nov 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A few days ago, it was "red herring."
Now, it's "character assassination."
You're learning new terms all the time.
Learning? No.

Using? Yes.

Nice try.

Sort of.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671833 Nov 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Learning? No.
Using? Yes.
Nice try.
Sort of.
Learning? No.

Misusing? Yes.

That was NICE!

Helps when one's posts ring true.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#671834 Nov 8, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
What, specifically, "part of science" do you focus on? An example fact or two.
You say that's what you "do"... but then focus only on things that aren't believed anymore.
Why can't you provide proof your god exists?
The answer is simple.
There isn't any.
I can't provide proof of God to you no more than you can provide proof of your dreams.

But that doesn't mean neither exist...

But I am happy that you're kinda searching for proof.

I've told you to ask God for proof, not me.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#671835 Nov 8, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Learning? No.
Misusing? Yes.
That was NICE!
Helps when one's posts ring true.
You should try it sometime, being true I mean.

It'll take away some of that anger of yours.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#671836 Nov 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't eat cows.
Nor do River or HL.
I like eating cows, chickens, lamb, deer, turkey, quail, and many others.

JOIN NOW:

P.E.E.T.A

People Eating Extra Tasty Animals!

This site left off the EXTRA part.....*smiles*.....but I suppose that they are affiliated.

http://www.mtd.com/tasty/

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#671837 Nov 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a fact that the Bible still the best-selling book in the world.
Happy?
So you condone the profitting off of Jesus and "God"?

Of course you do.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671838 Nov 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't provide proof of God to you no more than you can provide proof of your dreams.
But that doesn't mean neither exist...
My dreams exist only in my head.

Your god exists only in your head.

That's what you're telling me.
But I am happy that you're kinda searching for proof.
I've told you to ask God for proof, not me.
Hasn't worked thus far.

What god?

Got no proof.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671839 Nov 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How am I not being "true"?

What anger?

What god?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671840 Nov 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT was an attempt at character assassination.

Problem >>> It isn't true.

Alamosa, CO

#671841 Nov 8, 2013
The EM thingy as the passer of energy and instructions over long distances can be illustrated by my intercom and the experience many have had with rabbit ear antennas.

I have a wireless intercom between the house and garage that I leave in monitor mode to keep an ear on the garage. It's on the back of the property. I have the receiver on a table next to a chair in the living room. Normally there is no noise or static as it take noise out there or spurious signals to override the squelch.

However, raising or lowering my arm while smoking a cigarette will trip that squelch and I will get some noise. This is not in line with the units, but to the side. My body is picking up the signal they communicate on and retransmits it to the unit next to me. Somehow this overrides the circuitry. Those who remember TV of old know about how tinfoil or standing at the right place can bring in a signal and get the picture. Move a tad and you lose it.

We pick up signals and transmit them to each other. We essentially pick up ALL signals and retransmit them. They get modified and discombobulated, but nonetheless,they get passed on adding to the noise and confusion. But within are the base signals we all work on, and we have what is called a bandpass filter that gives them the max reception. It is in your DNA. But as I said, there is a lot of noise that can interfere with it.

I have some ideas of how to arrange Topix atheists so their gathering on here, which is just increasing that spurious noise level, can be mitigated by some geometry, thus allowing for them to get a clearer signal.

First let's start with Catcher. He is in a bad spot for noise, so we must move him to an area where those signals can be shunted out. I have calculated that a spot about 200 miles due west will accomplish such. A very good ground plane there to absorb those signals from where he lives. Then we can key the rest to him.

So, Catcher, can you get someone to drop you off there, then you give us a holler on your iPhone?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671842 Nov 8, 2013
RR: Hi, Hukt. Have a seat in that chair.

Hukt: <looking around; observing the condition of 'no chair'.> What's chair?

RR: The chair that exists only in my head.

Hukt: Okay! <has a seat in RR's mental chair; is now sitting on floor>

RR: Was that so difficult?

Hukt:???

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671843 Nov 8, 2013
/What's chair/What chair/

Alamosa, CO

#671844 Nov 8, 2013
You know how people have a tendency to collect rocks? Pretty or unusual rocks, or maybe magic rocks? Talismans? That is as ingrown in the species as anything is.

Power centers? Places that "feel" right?

Relay stations of energy and communications, just like us individually.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#671845 Nov 8, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I like eating cows, chickens, lamb, deer, turkey, quail, and many others.
JOIN NOW:
P.E.E.T.A
People Eating Extra Tasty Animals!
This site left off the EXTRA part.....*smiles*.....but I suppose that they are affiliated.
http://www.mtd.com/tasty/
Meat's no treat for those you eat.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#671846 Nov 8, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
How am I not being "true"?
What anger?
What god?
in some religions the priests wear funny looking robes, hats, ugly black suits with weird white colors...etc. in yours they wear lab coats and think they can solve spiritual and moral puzzles using experiments with their silly little chemistry sets.

and you allow them to brainwash you, why?!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671847 Nov 8, 2013
RR...

Is there some sort of telepathic god-o-gram personal messaging facility you could implement?

You could call it GTTP (God Telepathic Transport Protocol).

Use it through port 777.

You may have to explicitly allow traffic through port 777 on your router or firewall software.

If we knew each others IP addresses, and combine them with the port, and we'd have a socket. That would give us transport layer application-to-application communications.

Just a thought.

Doin' the best I can with what you're providing.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671848 Nov 8, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
in some religions the priests wear funny looking robes, hats, ugly black suits with weird white colors...etc. in yours they wear lab coats and think they can solve spiritual and moral puzzles using experiments with their silly little chemistry sets.
and you allow them to brainwash you, why?!
Give me a specific example of how I've allowed myself to be brainwashed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min PadMark 673,151
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 8 min True Christian-Jew 95
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min bad bob 184,620
Racism, Genocide and BIG OIL 11 min True Christian-Jew 3
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 36 min RiversideRedneck 104,695
News Michael Jackson Called A 'wonderful Humanitarian' (Jul '09) 1 hr Holy Child Jehova... 7,658
Looking for someone GOOD to take my online clas... (Sep '13) 2 hr John 12
More from around the web