Good luck on that post count, Hukt.
What makes you think I have hands?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#671410 Nov 6, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id...
wel..... not really heartwarming....
That's pretty good, Al.

Is that something you wrote recently?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#671411 Nov 6, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck. I went a year without cable and thought I could just do Netflix..... Boy, was I wrong. It sucked big time. I tried over the air digital rabit ears and all I could get was ION TV. Spanish channels and a gazillion Japanese and Korean channels. I was so Sick of Criminal Minds after a while.
I finally got cable. I pay through the nose, but Mr Al Garcia is finally happy.....
Thats kinda what I'm thinking. Even with an outside antenna, your choices are very limited. Ah well, guess the only thing worse than cable is no cable. Thanks for the input.

Since: May 07

Muncie, IN

#671412 Nov 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I didn't make any claim of the universe's existence. None. The onus is not on me to provide evidence for a claim I did not make.
Sorry bout yer luck, chuck.
So, you are questioning the existence of the universe?
Strange.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671413 Nov 6, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Also something you don't want to hear during a rectal exam......
LOL!

<that one made cry a little>

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#671414 Nov 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Fine.
Don't ever murder a fly again.
Taking a human life is taking a human life. The only exception would be a legitimate case of defense.

Muncie, IN

#671415 Nov 6, 2013
karl44 wrote:
I have studied both far more than you have.
Funny how the more you know about religion, the less likely you are to actually believe it.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671416 Nov 6, 2013
/made cry/

/made me cry/

See.

Whole words.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671417 Nov 6, 2013
Spellcheck can't fix that.

Location hidden

#671418 Nov 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, I don't demand absolutes.
I like the scientific way.
"Guess a number, then add or subtract a zero and POOF! A theory..."
A profound observation.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671419 Nov 6, 2013
That side of keyboard >>> Spellcheck

This side of keyboard >>> Problem

Muncie, IN

#671420 Nov 6, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
Oh give me a break, you and I both know you can't prove how everything came to be. You can't prove Jesus doesn't exist, you can't prove there isn't life after death, you can't prove that God didn't create all,
You can't prove that elves do not exist.
Do you believe in elves now?

If you are making extraordinary claims, it is up to you to provide extraordinary evidence. Keep in mind that books of mythology are not evidence of anything other than imagination and the ability to write.
Working for the Lord wrote:
so why not pick up your bible and learn the truth, because God makes a whole lot more sense than evolution ever will.
Again I have to reiterate - you have already illustrated that you know nothing about evolution, so why do you keep talking about it? You only make yourself out to be a buffoon.

Location hidden

#671421 Nov 6, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, cause if your leader says it's ok to invade another country, that means you get a free pass to kill people. Killing is killing. Anyone who would knowingly sign up while knowing full well that they could be put in a position where they would have to kill innocent people is a sicko. I understand that you've been brainwashed to think everything we do is right in terms of war, but taking a human life doesn't suddenly become ok if we call the killers "soldiers." The only function of an army should be defense, not international war mongering and base sprawling
<quoted text>
I gather you've noticed that li'l timmy has certain psychological issues. Short-term memory, & like that.
It's like he claims that he's told me the name of that "blatant GOP propagandist" who works as a reporter for Fox News, and he claims that he can show me where he has done so several times--yet he won't just give me the friggin' name.
I have told you several times that if you agree to eat some crow I will take the time to go back and find every instance where I either told you a name or referenced one of my previous posts.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671422 Nov 6, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>So, you are questioning the existence of the universe?
Strange.
RR's trying to compare things that are proven to something that *shouldn't* require proof...

... belief in a god.

His faith isn't enough.

“We AreTheGranddaugh ters Of The”

Since: May 10

WitchesYou Were Unable To Burn

#671423 Nov 6, 2013
For Aspu:
Webster's New World College Dictionanry (4th Ed)
propaganda: 1.[p-] R.C. Ch. a committee of cardinals, the Congregation for the Propagation of the Faith; in charge of the foreign missions 2. any systematic, widespread disemination or promotion of particular ideas, doctrines, practices, et c. to further one's own cause or to damage an opposing one 3. ideas, doctrines, or allegations so spread. now often used disparagingly to connote deception or distortion.
Now, you like to accuse Fox News of being propaganda; you have obviously never seen it, so as a result your opinion carries no credibility. You won't *allow* yourself to watch it for even five minutes. Not even to see the liberals who also populate it.
So what do *you* rely on for news and information--Jon Stewart and Comedy Central? Now,*there's* a news organization!!
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text> ...and, interestingly enough, Fox News indeed fits the definition you provided.
Funny that, eh?
Not really; they've gone after Bush and the Republicans, too. If you had ever watched their news programs, you would know that.

They openly admit they come from a conservative POV; has NPR or Pacifica, or even MS-NBC, ever admitted they come from a liberal POV? No; they call themselves "objective."
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text> Fox News is widely known (and documented) as being a Republican propaganda station.
You keep saying that, but you refuse to prove it. WHO "documented" it? Jon Stewart and Comedy Central?
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>Your confusion on political matters is a testament to their strategy of misinformation.
That is your opinion; and opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Some of you liberals have more than one.
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text> Multiple polls and studies have shown Fox News viewers to be the most misinformed.
Show your evidence.
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>The VP of the station has referred to it as the "voice of opposition" to the standing White House (in 2009).
You obviously believe that journalists are supposed to be liberal administration lap dogs, not watch dogs.
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>According to the station's own Glenn Beck, the president of the station referred to the station as challenging the Obama administration.
That's what an objective press is *supposed* to do, numbnuts! Challenge the administration that's in charge.

You think left-wing liberal propaganda is "objective;" it isn't.

You have never watched nor listened to Fox News; you let left-wing liberal propagandists tell you what to think. And you obey them without question.

#671425 Nov 6, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot to call me a "pinko."
I'll call you a dumb ass; that's more fitting.

#671426 Nov 6, 2013
Bullshit. I can take a liberal stance on something without being an ideological liberal. The fact that you reject this proves your bigotry.
That's your bigotry. One can take a liberal stance on something without being a liberal ideologist.
I am also pro-gun; I am a firm supporter of the Second Amendment. Ideological liberals hate that, because they don't believe in armed resistance against (oppressive) government.
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text> You want to have your liberal stances on various positions, but you don't want to be labeled a "liberal" like you label others.
Because I'm not.
Are you pro-choice? I am. Unlike you, I have a right to *DISAGREE* with some choices, but I support the right of people to make them.
How about you?
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text> To achieve this hypocrital position, you simply call anyone who has liberal ideas different from your own an "ideological liberal."
You are deplorably uneducated. English obviously is not your primary language, yet the liberal in you tells you that you have a right to tell me that I don't even know my own language, merely because I disagree with you.
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text> To return to your not being an ideological liberal, keep in mind you are the one who said:
<quoted text>
Said what? "Quoted text?"
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>Not ideological, indeed ... eh?
No.
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>This is a generality among people who believe propaganda in virtually any situation involving propaganda, though - those who believe it
Yeah; people like you.
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>are the ones who actively consume it, while those who recognize it as being propaganda are people who are able to examine the content objectively (i.e. from outside the circle of active consumers).
And by virtue of your liberal ideology, everything you believe is "objective." Yeah, right.
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text> You are only exemplifying such a generality. You are unable to examine the content objectively,
Because you say so, and you're an ideological liberal. I can't know anything, unless I agree with you.
You sound no different from waaasssuuup.
I'll give you an idea of where I'm coming from:
I'm an independent, both politically and intellectually. I am totally outside of the political mainstream, so I have few allies anywhere. Democrats and Republicans–liberals and conservatives–are equally guilty in demanding strict adherence to their respective and narrow-minded ideologies if people want to “fit in” with their groups. This is what YOU do.
To be a liberal, apparently, one *must* embrace the entire liberal ideology, with no exceptions; unrealistic radical environmentalist, anti-gun, pro-PETA and ACLU, pro-abortion, atheist/secular humanist...
To be a conservative, apparently, one *must* embrace the entire conservative ideology; evangelical christianity, a basic disregard for a clean environment, continued reliance on oil for the sake of the oil and automobile industries (because they’re so heavily involved in them), firearms ownership, anti-choice...
I refuse to embrace either ideology in its entirety just for the sake of getting into the club house where it’ll be nice and warm; I’ll stay outside, even if it’s raining, and build my own club house–with building materials stolen from the dems and the repubs in the dead of night...
This is why I am pro Second Amendment. Surprised? My idea of “gun control” is a two-handed grip. My dad’s a retired United States Marine; so are his two brothers. He taught me and my sister how to stand up for ourselves, how to fight, and how to shoot. You obviously disapprove of this. Too bad.
Anyway, when it comes to gun control, you liberals are unconsciously the greatest ally that the fudies have. You will disarm not only yourselves, but everyone; the fundies will impose their religion on us through force of law and arms.
You are an idiot.

#671427 Nov 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Waaaayyyy fuggin' big; no one knows for sure how big. One estimate is 150 billion light years. Y'know what a light year is, right? The distance it takes light to travel in one year.
Light travels at 186,000 miles per second, okay? Multiply that by sixty seconds, and you'll get a light minute. Multiply *that* by sixty minutes, and you'll get a light hour. Multiply *that* by *24 hours,* and you get a light day. Multiply *that* by 365.25 days per year, and you'll get a light year.
Y'still with me?
Now, multiply *that* by 150 billion. And in all that space, with all those billions of planets and galaxies, nanoanalplug will tell you there is *no life ANYWHERE* but on our own little blue dot out here on the edge of the Milky Way.
In redneck terms, you'll never be able to skip a rock across it.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I know. It was one of them there rhetorical questions.
As far as ET goes, the fact remains that it hasn't been discovered, so no matter how "sure" about it abound is, they can't say it's definitely out there.
And you can't say that it's not.

We *can* say that the chances for extra-terrestrial life are quite high.

An old joke: Do you know what the surest proof is of intelligent life out there in the universe? The fact that they have *not* tried to contact us.

"If we are alone in the universe, then it's an awful lot of wasted space." Dr. Carl Sagan

#671428 Nov 6, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Mommy taught him at witch church that it was an honor to continue the family tradition of pretending to have power over the "spirits". It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic. I'm still waiting to be struck down by one of Kaitlyn's wishspells. ;)
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she hasn't figured out how to wiggle her nose right...
Nanoanalboy is about the last person on Earth you'd want to consult on the matter of witchcraft, wicca, paganism, etc. Or anything else, for that matter, that requires real thought.

People like him get their ideas of the craft (my nonna called it "the old ways") from "Bewitched," his church, and from Disney cartoons. I learned the Old Ways from my mom and her mother, who learned them from *their* ancestors; it's a matrilineal tradition. As I've said, I'm ninth generation. Stregheria dates back roughly to the time of the Etruscans. I'm not going to say *unchanged,* because things always change; look how far Christianity has evolved from *its* origins. It changes every time the bible is "reinterpreted" and revised, and republished.

Christians worship a savior; Pagans worship Nature as the divine, because everything came from Nature, and everything will eventually return to it.

#671429 Nov 6, 2013
dimensionaldiver87 wrote:
okay......... in every molecule in your body, there is a part of Creator.... and without that piece of Creator in you.... you wouldn't exist, your dog, your house, everything around you would not be here, no, not even this Universe.......... the bible states this factoid perfectly.... fyi......
You mean, a creative force? I could agree with that.

A "creator," one with a personality, a goal, a desire, a purpose? Nuh uh.

As far as the bible is concerned, that and facts have never met.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min oxbow 574,524
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 min JesusIsResurrection 991
gigolo tangerang,,7ea256c6 15 min Agency gigolo 15
gigolo 20 min Agency gigolo 8
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 37 min Lumajuice 1,655
Last Word + 2 (Jul '14) 57 min Non _cents 1,060
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 59 min Non _cents 1,381
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 1 hr busted 165
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Holy Virgin Dr Sh... 608,291
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 97,932
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 269,091
More from around the web