Faith.
Just like Santa and the Easter Bunny.

ROFLMAO

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#671762 Nov 8, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Actually, they are taught as detailed conclusions.
Now, tell us what the "facts" are in your self-contradictory book of fables.
It's a fact that the Bible still the best-selling book in the world.

Happy?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#671763 Nov 8, 2013
Science can be backed up with evidence; not so with your bible.
Science used to have evidence that insects are borne of rotting meat.

and?

Just because they have evidence does NOT mean they're right.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#671764 Nov 8, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no eye-witness testimonies. The closest is the Gospel of Thomas which you call a pack of lies.
Aesop's Fables are anecdotal evidence.
Sorry, I forgot you still believe in talking animals.
I was referring to **MY** eye-witness testimony...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#671765 Nov 8, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like Santa and the Easter Bunny.
ROFLMAO
You have faith in Santa and the Easter Bunny?

Odd...

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#671766 Nov 8, 2013
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/08/us/veterans-one...

Number 9 is so true. Number 7 is something I can relate to, as is 10 and 12.

US Army 1969-1976

One thing the military does is teach you your place in the greater scheme of things. It is reality. Rules to follow and performance based.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#671767 Nov 8, 2013
<quoted text>
The muzzle loader was the "assault rifle" of its day.
The liberal lamestream media does not know what an assault rifle is, so I will provide that information for you from a former member of the Defense Department (my dad, a retired Marine):
An assault rifle is one that is capable of semiautomatic and fully automatic fire. It has a selector switch. Semiauto fire is one round fired off with each squeeze of the trigger; full auto is spraying while holding down the trigger.
The weapons available to the public are not capable of fully automatic fire; therefore, they are not--NOT--assault rifles. They are military-styled, semi-automatic rifles. I own one, and I'm keeping it. The Constitution says I can.
I also own two semiauto handguns. As a crime victim, I am very much pro-gun.
<quoted text>
Neither does a baseball bat or a pipe wrench, or any other kind of weapon.*Cars* kill more people than guns do.
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but I don't have the time or the patience to decipher this.
All I will say is that I was the victim of a crime, and I won't be again. I will keep my semiauto firearms.
I became weary attempting to explain thar to Mundanes, decades ago.

Well done, young lady.

The Borderland of Sol

#671768 Nov 8, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I do! There are proof of them in the several Anglo-Saxon Chronicles.
For Example; Cynning Alf-Rud, The Red Elf King.
It's proven History! You know him as King Alfred.
LOL
I've seen it spelled "Aelf-Ryd".

The only king in English history ever to be called "The Great".

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#671769 Nov 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is that continental crust?
It's the rocks that make up the continents.
Dave Nelson wrote:
What is the fossil record in it.
The fossil record in it, is the fossils in it.
Dave Nelson wrote:
Lovely description of what I have been describing, though. You do understand those collisions and buckling and etc have a rather serious effect on the ground?
Yes, that's how mountain ranges form.

Do you have any idea just how slowly the tectonic plates move?
Dave Nelson wrote:
Most all of the ground you encounter is in the form of sand and dirt. This is rocks that have been worn down in a serious way. Wind, water, solar, and getting crunched. It also tends to get deposited in oceans. An effect of gravity and water. The earth is like a garden going through a constant getting raked and rearranged. Don't forget those millions and billions of years. Your fossil record can not be as definitive as you would like to think.
Rock is hard. It takes a lot to erode it. Cover it with a good layer of soil or sand and it will last forever. Only exposed rock is worn away.
That's why there are some rock billions of years old.
Dave Nelson wrote:
I have posted before about windblown dirt building up to 8 inches in 20 years in my yard in a small town. It is not out on the open prairie. There was an article a few days ago about the movie set for one of the Star Wars movies that had become a tourist draw near the Sahara. It is already being covered up in a serious way. In geologic time that stuff becomes mud that winds up in the ocean, or it becomes sandblasted pieces that get spread by the wind. Your "old" is relative. You are taking a snapshot of a dynamic process and making it the base to judge the entire process.
Get back to us on that oldest crust and fossils. Sedimentary, metamorphic, or what? I would love to hear what is in it.
Rocks are not mud. Sand will protect the rocks and fossils below.
Away from the tectonic plates there will be little in the way of earthquakes to erode them.

Your mistake is to presume all rocks are being eroded at the same rate. That simply isn't the case.

The worlds oldest rocks.
“The oldest dated rocks on Earth, as an aggregate of minerals that have not been subsequently melted or disaggregated by erosion, are from the Hadean Eon. Such rocks are exposed on the surface in very few places.[a]”
“Some of the oldest surface rock can be found in the Canadian Shield, Australia, Africa and in other more specific places around the world. The ages of these felsic rocks are generally between 2.5 and 3.8 billion years. The approximate ages have a margin of error of millions of years. In 1999, the oldest known rock on Earth was dated to 4.031 ± 0.003 billion years, and is part of the Acasta Gneiss of the Slave craton in northwestern Canada.[1] Researchers at McGill University found a rock with a very old model age for extraction from the mantle (3.8 to 4.28 billion years ago) in the Nuvvuagittuq greenstone belt on the coast of Hudson Bay, in northern Quebec;[2] the true age of these samples is still under debate,[3] and they may actually be closer to 3.8 billion years old.[4] Older than these rocks are crystals of the mineral zircon, which can survive the disaggregation of their parent rock and be found and dated in younger rock formations.”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldest_dated_roc...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#671770 Nov 8, 2013
Final post.
Stephie says that lately I've been spending more time here than with her; I'm afraid she's right. I don't know how I got so wrapped up in this. She says my personality is changing. I'm not taking a chance on losing her on account of a bunch of anonymous strangers on an internet chat forum.
There are a few people here that I would call Topix friends, and those people I will miss. The rest, not so much.
Anyway, I guess li'l timmy is off the hook, and I no longer have to try to decipher Aspuu's weird posts, and I especially won't have to put up with that asshole waaasssuuup anymore. His slimy posts always make me feel like I've been violated, and make me want to take a shower. He really is scum.
So Macumazahn, Al Garcia, Aura Mytha, Catcher, Double Fine, Ben Adam, Clark Griswold, Hukt, Water Nymph, Tide with Beach, New Age Spiritual Leader, and those other cyber friends whose names don’t come to mind at the moment—blessed be, my friends, and hang in there. I’m gonna miss you. Maybe once in a while I’ll sneak back in for a quick peek, when Steph isn’t home.
Nanoanalpig—I never gave you reason to treat me the way you did when we first ran across each other; you have been a hateful little dickhead toward me since day one, with no reason whatsoever. You are the most hateful little troll I’ve ever met, and you will be the cause of your own demise. When you’re lying on your death bed, whenever that is, I truly hope you will think of this witch whom you crossed for no reason other than your own bigoted hatered—because I will be there ... laughing at you. I hope you enjoy rotting away in your own little private corner of Hell. That is your Karma. So mote it be.
Be safe Kait and we'll see ya around.

"Don't do anything I would do, and if you do, please do it in moderation, or not at all."

:o)

Peace and light to you and yours.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#671771 Nov 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Science used to have evidence that insects are borne of rotting meat.
and?
Just because they have evidence does NOT mean they're right.
Wrong.
People believed insects came from rotting meat up to the time a scientist decided to do a real experiment.
Only then was there any evidence and it said insects lay eggs.

The Borderland of Sol

#671773 Nov 8, 2013
Final post.
Stephie says that lately I've been spending more time here than with her; I'm afraid she's right. I don't know how I got so wrapped up in this. She says my personality is changing. I'm not taking a chance on losing her on account of a bunch of anonymous strangers on an internet chat forum.
There are a few people here that I would call Topix friends, and those people I will miss. The rest, not so much.
Anyway, I guess li'l timmy is off the hook, and I no longer have to try to decipher Aspuu's weird posts, and I especially won't have to put up with that asshole waaasssuuup anymore. His slimy posts always make me feel like I've been violated, and make me want to take a shower. He really is scum.
So Macumazahn, Al Garcia, Aura Mytha, Catcher, Double Fine, Ben Adam, Clark Griswold, Hukt, Water Nymph, Tide with Beach, New Age Spiritual Leader, and those other cyber friends whose names don’t come to mind at the moment—blessed be, my friends, and hang in there. I’m gonna miss you. Maybe once in a while I’ll sneak back in for a quick peek, when Steph isn’t home.
Nanoanalpig—I never gave you reason to treat me the way you did when we first ran across each other; you have been a hateful little dickhead toward me since day one, with no reason whatsoever. You are the most hateful little troll I’ve ever met, and you will be the cause of your own demise. When you’re lying on your death bed, whenever that is, I truly hope you will think of this witch whom you crossed for no reason other than your own bigoted hatered—because I will be there ... laughing at you. I hope you enjoy rotting away in your own little private corner of Hell. That is your Karma. So mote it be.
Tell Steph I said *hug* and *smooch*.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#671774 Nov 8, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
People believed insects came from rotting meat up to the time a scientist decided to do a real experiment.
Only then was there any evidence and it said insects lay eggs.
Aristotle "discovered" spontaneous generation and it was taught as a fact for nearly 2,000 years.

That's science for ya.

The Borderland of Sol

#671775 Nov 8, 2013
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
"Final post"
Forever !!!!!!!!!!
No ?
:(
Oh, just for today ?
Sorry, I got a little bit excited, I thought you were leaving.
My bad.
Oh well, there is always tomorrow.
Unless of course, tomorrow doesn't come.:(
There are a coupla people I'll act third sword for.

She's one of 'em.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#671776 Nov 8, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no heat on me Wasss. I've always said that "NO ONE" is perfect. Not me, not you, not any one. And no where did I mention that it was a typical day.
The point is that me and this guy had a heart to heart talk in my office. He apologized for trying to pull a fast one on us and he knew deep down that what he tried to do was wrong. I was upset with the fact that he knew what he was doing was wrong and then tried to use the Bible to hide behind. That just twists me the wrong way wasss.
I could see in his face the anguish of lying, getting caught and then realizing that he (as a Christian) felt the embarrassment and shame.
Heir comrad, I share stories about scammers on other sites without the Harvest shirts as well.
I really have a low tolerance for ANY liar whether they are Christians or not.
If you think I will support a liar because he calls himself "Christian" then I guess you have to finish answering your question as to what kind of Christian you think I am then.
And nowhere did I say it was a typical day.
i understand your frustration with scammers,'christian' or otherwise. what i can't understand is why you chose to conspire with the antichrist's and air this occurrence like your dirty laundry.

bottom line - do you think people are 'christians' because of what they do or don't do, or do you believe we can be christians solely on the basis of what Christ has done for all???

if the later, why do you continue to discriminate against christians based on their human faults?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#671777 Nov 8, 2013
<quoted text>
You'll live.
(*smooch!*}
WTF?!:-(

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#671778 Nov 8, 2013
I'm a ninth generation hereditary stregha, fucktard; deal with it. There's no way in hell I'd *ever* want you to know the secrets I know.
<quoted text>
Yeah; you're a prime example.
No, wait; you can't be brainwashed.
You'd need a brain for that.
i can deprogram you from your 9th generation brainwashing cult, hon. i was delivered from many generations of the catholic cult so i can relate:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#671779 Nov 8, 2013
<quoted text>
No you aren't, liar.
<quoted text>
I will reincarnate as many times as is necessary for me to learn what I need to move on to the next, higher plane.
You are welcome to reincarnate as a cockroach.
<quoted text>
I don't have to provide any proof to you, numbnuts. And if you want something that sounds ridiculous, try this on for size:
This is what Christians believe in a nutshell:
"God got Mary pregnant so He could give birth to himself and then later let himself die so he could raise himself from the dead but then flew away to heaven to be with himself but left behind his ghost that mysteriously tells all true believers different stories about how if they believe all this nonsense they are going to heaven and those who question the reality of this crap are going to Hell."
Y'know, Ridley Scott's "Alien" is an *excellent* metaphor for the spread of fundamentalist christianity. They shove it in your face, down your throat, and then it kills its host as it "opens the heart" by bursting from the chest.
Ah, christianity: "Because you're so awful, you made God kill himself."
Here's what's ***really*** stupid:
Ecclesiastes 1:17 Then I applied myself to the understanding of wisdom, and also of madness and folly, but I learned that this, too, is a chasing after the wind. 18 For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief.
That explains *your* desire for stupidity, wassie.
Want more?
“The belief that a walking dead Jewish deity who was his own father although he always existed, commits suicide by cop, although he didn't really die, in order to give himself permission not to send you to an eternal place of torture that he created for you, but instead to make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh, drink his blood, and telepathically promise him you accept him as your master, so he can cleanse you of an evil force that is present in mankind because a rib-woman and a mud-man were convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.”– anon
<quoted text>
From the same movie: "Fuck you, asshole."
lol - you're such a silly lil witch!:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#671780 Nov 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Animal feces always makes me think of you.
aww c'mon now hon! why u 'smooch' on RR when he's actually more of a 'fundy' than i am (no offense bro:)?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#671781 Nov 8, 2013
Does your god approve of your stealing from your boss, cheating on your wife, and terrorizing children?
Is that what you call "divine guidance?"
<quoted text>
YOU told us all here that you post from work, thereby stealing from your boss.
YOU are the one who refuses to use a computer at home, because you don't want your wife to know about your secret life here.
YOU are the one who hits on women here, thereby cheating on your wife.
YOU are the one who claims to have "taught" children about hour hate-mongering jesus.
I don't need to accuse you of anything; YOU told us all this.
<quoted text>
Too much truth for you again, eh?
'YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH'!!!

and

'come with me if you want to live';)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Steve III 650,360
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min ffj 56,077
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 35 min Aussie Kev 106,068
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 36 min ChristineM 445,919
UK Phone Numbers for Fun 41 min Rachel19F 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 57 min RiccardoFire 44,966
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr Aussie Kev 2,334
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 3 hr kobechi3 71
More from around the web