Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#671782 Nov 8, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the rocks that make up the continents.
<quoted text>
The fossil record in it, is the fossils in it.
<quoted text>
Yes, that's how mountain ranges form.
Do you have any idea just how slowly the tectonic plates move?
<quoted text>
Rock is hard. It takes a lot to erode it. Cover it with a good layer of soil or sand and it will last forever. Only exposed rock is worn away.
That's why there are some rock billions of years old.
<quoted text>
Rocks are not mud. Sand will protect the rocks and fossils below.
Away from the tectonic plates there will be little in the way of earthquakes to erode them.
Your mistake is to presume all rocks are being eroded at the same rate. That simply isn't the case.
The worlds oldest rocks.
“The oldest dated rocks on Earth, as an aggregate of minerals that have not been subsequently melted or disaggregated by erosion, are from the Hadean Eon. Such rocks are exposed on the surface in very few places.[a]”
“Some of the oldest surface rock can be found in the Canadian Shield, Australia, Africa and in other more specific places around the world. The ages of these felsic rocks are generally between 2.5 and 3.8 billion years. The approximate ages have a margin of error of millions of years. In 1999, the oldest known rock on Earth was dated to 4.031 ± 0.003 billion years, and is part of the Acasta Gneiss of the Slave craton in northwestern Canada.[1] Researchers at McGill University found a rock with a very old model age for extraction from the mantle (3.8 to 4.28 billion years ago) in the Nuvvuagittuq greenstone belt on the coast of Hudson Bay, in northern Quebec;[2] the true age of these samples is still under debate,[3] and they may actually be closer to 3.8 billion years old.[4] Older than these rocks are crystals of the mineral zircon, which can survive the disaggregation of their parent rock and be found and dated in younger rock formations.”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldest_dated_roc...
You have fossils in metamorphic and igneous rocks?

Metamorphic is formed from sedimentary and igneous and older metamorphic. Igneous is from high pressure and heat? From the mantle and older rock caught in it? None of those are pure. They are recycled chemicals. Results of accretion and forces applied. Over billions of years. Basically dust turned into rock turned into dust turned into rock turned into dust turned into rock and points in between. Any relatively pure stuff is a result of the heat and pressure, and magnetic forces below being pushed upward.

As I said, you are taking a snapshot of an end product and making it the base of your observations, and not the whole process itself. That is where your dating, stratification, geologic columns, etc come from. And the fossil record. There is a circular logic to it.

You don't have a clue as to what was recycled in that igneous and metamorphic rock. You are reciting textbook descriptions without understanding the process, and getting a wrong picture.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#671783 Nov 8, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I don;t stalk and virtually rape women constantly on Topix like you do.
<quoted text>
Were you attempting to key the word "pus?" As in, liquid infection, laden with bacteria and decay?
Yes, you are.
will you please be completely honest with me about at least one thing?

do you really have a puss or not?:)

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#671784 Nov 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Aristotle "discovered" spontaneous generation and it was taught as a fact for nearly 2,000 years.
That's science for ya.
Aristotle never did any experiments.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#671785 Nov 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a fact that the Bible still the best-selling book in the world.
Happy?
Fallacy of popularity.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#671786 Nov 8, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Final post.
Stephie says that lately I've been spending more time here than with her; I'm afraid she's right. I don't know how I got so wrapped up in this. She says my personality is changing. I'm not taking a chance on losing her on account of a bunch of anonymous strangers on an internet chat forum.
There are a few people here that I would call Topix friends, and those people I will miss. The rest, not so much.
Anyway, I guess li'l timmy is off the hook, and I no longer have to try to decipher Aspuu's weird posts, and I especially won't have to put up with that asshole waaasssuuup anymore. His slimy posts always make me feel like I've been violated, and make me want to take a shower. He really is scum.
So Macumazahn, Al Garcia, Aura Mytha, Catcher, Double Fine, Ben Adam, Clark Griswold, Hukt, Water Nymph, Tide with Beach, New Age Spiritual Leader, and those other cyber friends whose names don’t come to mind at the moment—blessed be, my friends, and hang in there. I’m gonna miss you. Maybe once in a while I’ll sneak back in for a quick peek, when Steph isn’t home.
Nanoanalpig—I never gave you reason to treat me the way you did when we first ran across each other; you have been a hateful little dickhead toward me since day one, with no reason whatsoever. You are the most hateful little troll I’ve ever met, and you will be the cause of your own demise. When you’re lying on your death bed, whenever that is, I truly hope you will think of this witch whom you crossed for no reason other than your own bigoted hatered—because I will be there ... laughing at you. I hope you enjoy rotting away in your own little private corner of Hell. That is your Karma. So mote it be.
in case you didn't get my PM:

i'm sorry that you feel the way you do about me, Kait. i prob feel about you like you do about nano. i.e., i never gave you reason to hate me, but i just put my opinions out there and you've raged on me for it. i gave back a small measure of what you dished to me, but who can blame me for that?

we've had heated debates, but i can handle that without taking it personally and i've been able to appreciate you as a person. please come back when you're more mature and can do the same:-)

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#671787 Nov 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Aristotle "discovered" spontaneous generation and it was taught as a fact for nearly 2,000 years.
That's science for ya.
Really, dude, you should be living in a cave somewhere away from the civilized world.

The ignorance you display is mind boggling.

You're like a seven-year-old.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#671788 Nov 8, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
Aristotle never did any experiments.
I don't know if that's true.

I DO know that spontaneous generation was taught as a fact by science and accepted by the scientific community as a fact for almost 2,000 years.

What do you suppose they are teaching as fact now that's actually not a fact?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#671789 Nov 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, dude, you should be living in a cave somewhere away from the civilized world.
The ignorance you display is mind boggling.
You're like a seven-year-old.
That wasn't a rebuttal, Catch.

We call that character assassination via straw man.

If you can't rebuke my post, STFU.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#671790 Nov 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Chrissy, you have the mind of a child.
Sitting in front of the TV set mesmerized by those science documentaries and graphics and feeling smarter by the hour.
Some time you really need to stop and understand what you are looking at. Called putting the pieces together and connecting dots.
Still guessing? It appears you have problems with the concept of someone educating themselves

#671791 Nov 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's cuz the Bible doesn't need to be updated.
Your "factual" science books do.
You would be surprised at how often the babble, if not updated then has been changed and edited. At least 200 times since the early 1600s and who knows how many prior to that

However yes you are correct, when and new things are learned then science progresses. But as those same new facts are learned then the babble followers go further into denial.

#671792 Nov 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if their toes curled.
Did they scream "Oh, God!"?
Well we know you scream oh god every time you wife leaves with one of her lovers

#671793 Nov 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You know how crazy loud and seemingly vicious cats get when they get down n dirty.
Imagine if T-Rex sex was like that?
So you want to imagine t-rex as a feline?

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#671794 Nov 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't a rebuttal, Catch.
We call that character assassination via straw man.
If you can't rebuke my post, STFU.
My post wasn't intended as a rebuttal.

It was just an observation; commentary; opinion.

Your post was ridiculous, and not worthy of a rebuttal.

If you can't take it, too bad for you.

Alamosa, CO

#671795 Nov 8, 2013
Life as the manifestation we are undergoing is a collection of experiences. Experiences can do two things, depending on how long you are undergoing them. They can create an attitude, or a perspective. One is an ongoing reaction, the other is a reasoning of what happened usually after surviving the events after reacting to them, which leads to a more reasoned reaction in further events.

Now, the worth of those attitudes and perspectives after you get unplugged from this place is a matter of conjecture from this vantage point. You make your best call.

Experiencing is getting an education, learning is gaining a perspective from it. One of the first things everyone learns is that although another human may not outright lie to you, they can certainly be wrong in the assessments. Just like we all individually can be. But they can also be wrong en masse. That is something to keep in perspective to modify your attitude. Yes, that includes science and religion.

Take a herd of cows. Each cow is individual. Each has differing levels of intelligence, even. Put a few thousand together and you will not get an Einstein. You will get a herd of cows. Intelligence is not additive. You can learn to follow the ass in front of you to get food and water, the best grass, and to even get laid. That is education. But you have to lift your head up to the sky and to peek over the herd to see where you are to even get a perspective. You may even notice the chutes and cattle trucks the herd is headed to. There is always a cow leading the herd into them everyone else follows. That is what you get for eating good and having life so easy and following the herd.

Wild cows work a little different. They pay more attention to the surroundings, and above.

Be careful which herd you follow. Man eats cows, the spirit in the sky doesn't.

Alamosa, CO

#671796 Nov 8, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we know you scream oh god every time you wife leaves with one of her lovers
Well, that was 30 years ago, and she didn't leave with a lover.

Does your husband say Oh, God or thank God when you leave with your lovers? Which does he say when you return?

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#671797 Nov 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Life as the manifestation we are undergoing is a collection of experiences. Experiences can do two things, depending on how long you are undergoing them. They can create an attitude, or a perspective. One is an ongoing reaction, the other is a reasoning of what happened usually after surviving the events after reacting to them, which leads to a more reasoned reaction in further events.
Now, the worth of those attitudes and perspectives after you get unplugged from this place is a matter of conjecture from this vantage point. You make your best call.
Experiencing is getting an education, learning is gaining a perspective from it. One of the first things everyone learns is that although another human may not outright lie to you, they can certainly be wrong in the assessments. Just like we all individually can be. But they can also be wrong en masse. That is something to keep in perspective to modify your attitude. Yes, that includes science and religion.
Take a herd of cows. Each cow is individual. Each has differing levels of intelligence, even. Put a few thousand together and you will not get an Einstein. You will get a herd of cows. Intelligence is not additive. You can learn to follow the ass in front of you to get food and water, the best grass, and to even get laid. That is education. But you have to lift your head up to the sky and to peek over the herd to see where you are to even get a perspective. You may even notice the chutes and cattle trucks the herd is headed to. There is always a cow leading the herd into them everyone else follows. That is what you get for eating good and having life so easy and following the herd.
Wild cows work a little different. They pay more attention to the surroundings, and above.
Be careful which herd you follow. Man eats cows, the spirit in the sky doesn't.
I don't eat cows.

Nor do River or HL.

Alamosa, CO

#671798 Nov 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't eat cows.
Nor do River or HL.
Nor do cows.

Say, moo, Catcher. Follow what you have been educated to do.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#671799 Nov 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I have.
You don't like eyewitness testimony or anecdotal evidence.
Oh well.
No you haven't. Never. Not once.

Eyewitness testimony!?! Get real!

You have no proof.

There isn't any.
God.
Prove there's a god.

Since: May 07

Muncie, IN

#671800 Nov 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
It's a fact that the Bible still the best-selling book in the world.
Happy?
No, most are given away.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#671801 Nov 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You have fossils in metamorphic and igneous rocks?
You forgot sedimentary rocks which also make up the continental crust. Did you really think sedimentary rocks didn't count?
Dave Nelson wrote:
Metamorphic is formed from sedimentary and igneous and older metamorphic. Igneous is from high pressure and heat? From the mantle and older rock caught in it? None of those are pure. They are recycled chemicals. Results of accretion and forces applied. Over billions of years.
All Earth's rocks were molten when the earth formed but then some cooled down to form the crust but that was long before there was life.
Dave Nelson wrote:
Basically dust turned into rock turned into dust turned into rock turned into dust turned into rock and points in between. Any relatively pure stuff is a result of the heat and pressure, and magnetic forces below being pushed upward.
Just because most rocks have eroded doesn't mean all rocks have eroded. There are still some that are billions of year old. This is because it's the oceanic crust that is subducted the most rather than continental crust.
Dave Nelson wrote:
As I said, you are taking a snapshot of an end product and making it the base of your observations, and not the whole process itself. That is where your dating, stratification, geologic columns, etc come from. And the fossil record. There is a circular logic to it.
Geologists are smart people. They know how the different types of rocks form and how to date them. They understand the whole process just fine and if they say a layer of rock is billions of years old then I have more faith in their science than in your empty rhetoric.
Dave Nelson wrote:
You don't have a clue as to what was recycled in that igneous and metamorphic rock. You are reciting textbook descriptions without understanding the process, and getting a wrong picture.
You still seem to be under the delusion that all rocks have been recycled.
Geologists go to great lengths to find rocks from all the geological periods and some periods are poorly represented but examples do still exist.

“The Paleoproterozoic is the first of the three sub-divisions (eras) of the Proterozoic occurring between 2,500 to 1,600 million years ago.”

“During this era the earliest global-scale continent-continent collisional belts developed.
These continent and mountain building events are represented by the 2.1-2.0 Ga (Ga = billion year) Transamazonian and Eburnean Orogens in South America and West Africa; the ~2.0 Ga Limpopo Belt in southern Africa; the 1.9–1.8 Ga Trans-Hudson, Penokean, Taltson–Thelon, Wopmay, Ungava and Torngat orogens in North America, the 1.9–1.8 Ga Nagssugtoqidain Orogen in Greenland; the 1.9–1.8 Ga Kola–Karelia, Svecofennian, Volhyn-Central Russian, and Pachelma Orogens in Baltica (Eastern Europe); the 1.9–1.8 Ga Akitkan Orogen in Siberia; the ~1.95 Ga Khondalite Belt and ~1.85 Ga Trans-North China Orogen in North China.”
“These continental collisional belts are interpreted as having resulted from 2.0-1.8 Ga global-scale collisional events that led to the assembly of a Paleo-Mesoproterozoic supercontinent named "Columbia" or "Nuna".[2][3]”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleoproterozoic

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Robert F 692,121
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min June VanDerMark 47,125
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 52 min youareadufus 465
TWA Flight 800 (Jul '13) 1 hr Doctor REALITY 7
beware of raymond rotolo / ps inspections llc 1 hr what I think happ... 2
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 14 hr DJ Crazee 39,286
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 21 hr waaasssuuup 445,850
More from around the web