Prove there's a god.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#671640 Nov 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on an iPhone and can't see the post numbers.
It's the one you didn't address.

You saw it, didn't ya?

Maybe not.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671641 Nov 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Any canyons.
Got proof?
THINKABOUTIT

Phoenix, AZ

#671642 Nov 7, 2013
Look around you. Do you actually think all of this is an accident? Everything we need is here on earth to live a decent life. I cannot begin to tell you what the odds are of this all being an accident. WAKE THE HELL UP!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671643 Nov 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have paid more attention to me. You would be better at it.
Still working toward my Doctorate's.

Don't tell me I'm washing out!

NOOOOOO!

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#671644 Nov 7, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm afraid that you seem to be reverting back to being a 'lutheran-type christian' from germany, circa 1930-40's! i.e., turning your own over to the gustapo to keep the heat off you and because they're not perfect.
you said it was a 'typical' day for you handling unreasonable complaints.
care to share some of those other 'typical' stories of scammers that don't wear 'christian' t-shirts, heir commrade?
I have no heat on me Wasss. I've always said that "NO ONE" is perfect. Not me, not you, not any one. And no where did I mention that it was a typical day.

The point is that me and this guy had a heart to heart talk in my office. He apologized for trying to pull a fast one on us and he knew deep down that what he tried to do was wrong. I was upset with the fact that he knew what he was doing was wrong and then tried to use the Bible to hide behind. That just twists me the wrong way wasss.

I could see in his face the anguish of lying, getting caught and then realizing that he (as a Christian) felt the embarrassment and shame.

Heir comrad, I share stories about scammers on other sites without the Harvest shirts as well.

I really have a low tolerance for ANY liar whether they are Christians or not.

If you think I will support a liar because he calls himself "Christian" then I guess you have to finish answering your question as to what kind of Christian you think I am then.

And nowhere did I say it was a typical day.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671645 Nov 7, 2013
THINKABOUTIT wrote:
Look around you. Do you actually think all of this is an accident?
No. I do not think all that I see is an "accident".
Everything we need is here on earth to live a decent life. I cannot begin to tell you what the odds are of this all being an accident. WAKE THE HELL UP!
It's a proven fact that everything we need for a decent life is present on Earth.

Why can't you tell me what the odds are?

Can you tell me what the odds aren't?

Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#671646 Nov 7, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a skewed perspective of what's actually happening with advancement of science.
There are some facts. Some get taught in science classrooms. There are other things taught as assumed fact for the time being. The point of science, in the first place, is to find out if our facts *were* only assumed facts... by teaching people what it is we think we know and what we don't know. Those individuals with an interest to work toward that end become scientists.
Science is in the constant state of trying to disprove itself.
Religion... not so much.
What was that you said about open minds?
You didn't read what I wrote about open minds?

It's closed-minded people like you that can't accept something without evidence.

Except you do all the time.

Weird, huh?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#671647 Nov 7, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I do not think all that I see is an "accident".
<quoted text>
It's a proven fact that everything we need for a decent life is present on Earth.
Why can't you tell me what the odds are?
Can you tell me what the odds aren't?
Prove there's a god.
Can God be proven?

That depends on what one considers personal and satisfactory proof for themselves.

The answer is both yes and no.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671648 Nov 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't read what I wrote about open minds?
It's closed-minded people like you that can't accept something without evidence.
Except you do all the time.
Weird, huh?
What am I accepting *without* evidence?

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#671649 Nov 7, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Angiosperm-like pollen and Afropollis from the Middle Triassic (Anisian) of the Germanic Basin (Northern Switzerland)
http://www.frontiersin.org/Journal/10.3389/fp...
Igor, the average elevation of land globally is 840 meters or so. Every bit has been under the ocean at one time. Subduction zones average 2 - 8 cm per year. The earth's crust ranges from over 4 miles to 40 something, maybe 47. 47 miles according to my conversion program says that equals 75639.168 meters.

The circumference of the earth is near 39 million meters. Understand subduction doesn't necessarily follow that long path.

My calculator and unit conversion program tells me at the rate of 2 cm per year for one billion years is 20 million meters.

I am assuming 500 million years would be half of that. If that is true, then 250 million years would be a quarter, or 5 million meters. Which is many multiples of 75 thousand meters. In just 250 million years.

This subduction also involves a lateral motions as those plates drift, and a roll of sorts as they head for the big down under. Of course this motion will go into the amount of time fossils actually lay in place where they fell, so it isn't a straight drop down. But it does appear it hasn't set still.

Btw, 65 million years, at that conservative rate of 2 cm, means one million and three hundred thousand meters of crust went sliding under.

What are we finding old fossils?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671650 Nov 7, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Can God be proven?
That depends on what one considers personal and satisfactory proof for themselves.
The answer is both yes and no.
Agreed.

I know wutchta sayn'.

Another question is...

Is there any proof?

Same answer.

Same proof.

Know wut I'm sayn'?

No wut I'm

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671651 Nov 7, 2013
Scratch that last line... c/p goof.

Alamosa, CO

#671652 Nov 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Igor, the average elevation of land globally is 840 meters or so. Every bit has been under the ocean at one time. Subduction zones average 2 - 8 cm per year. The earth's crust ranges from over 4 miles to 40 something, maybe 47. 47 miles according to my conversion program says that equals 75639.168 meters.
The circumference of the earth is near 39 million meters. Understand subduction doesn't necessarily follow that long path.
My calculator and unit conversion program tells me at the rate of 2 cm per year for one billion years is 20 million meters.
I am assuming 500 million years would be half of that. If that is true, then 250 million years would be a quarter, or 5 million meters. Which is many multiples of 75 thousand meters. In just 250 million years.
This subduction also involves a lateral motions as those plates drift, and a roll of sorts as they head for the big down under. Of course this motion will go into the amount of time fossils actually lay in place where they fell, so it isn't a straight drop down. But it does appear it hasn't set still.
Btw, 65 million years, at that conservative rate of 2 cm, means one million and three hundred thousand meters of crust went sliding under.
Oops.

WHY are we finding old fossils?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#671653 Nov 7, 2013
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>You don't?
i hate politics, i'm more apolitical, i do it to get others to be more open... and you ! And, want wrong trying to get them thinking, so you have problem with that? You mean you don't support Freedom of Speech, and mock the USC...?
You write:
"You mean you don't support Freedom of Speech, and mock the USC"

I do support freedom of speech my friend, I'm just wondering why, if you are apolitical, you put so much political stuff on a forum that's about proving god.

Aren't there specific forums for that subject??

With your Freedom of speech question you are using the same kind of argument that the government and politicians use to whip up support for a phony war...."What, you're not a patriot, you don't support America, are you a traitor"?

People just never learn; and keep getting f--ked over again and again.

Alamosa, CO

#671655 Nov 7, 2013
Oh, I think in those oceanic subduction ones the seafloor, where sediment falls, also takes seawater with it on the dive. Which ought to have some affect on the chemical composition, including some radiometric effect, on the recycled products when they come up for air again, which will then be mixed with the existing.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#671656 Nov 7, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
What am I accepting *without* evidence?
That there is no evidence of God.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#671657 Nov 7, 2013
virtuanna wrote:
<quoted text>Everything has a cause.
the cause of yours
is that
you are christian

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#671658 Nov 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
As Continental crust is lighter than Oceanic crust it's the Oceanic crust that mainly gets subducted.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continental_crus...

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#671659 Nov 7, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>That's nice, and I wish I had your certainty. There's no way to know at this point.
I easily have more certainty.

Alamosa, CO

#671660 Nov 7, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I readily admit I could not do that. What about you?
I could, but admittedly it is uncomfortable. But a long time ago I learned there is a difference between the outside and the inside on people. My spiritual belief trumps the topical physical.

We are all trapped here playing with the hand we were dealt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min kent 687,414
bathing nephew (Apr '16) 5 min tom 5
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 9 min dotard tracker 31,587
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 11 min Think out Loud 3
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr Prophet Meowmed 39,264
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Prophet Meowmed 286,598
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Peter Ross 6,494
More from around the web