Prove there's a god.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#671597 Nov 7, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
Ok gang, here's my morality post of the Day. Exactly as it happened and went down a few minutes ago. A client walks into my office and he is pretty upset. It's quite clear that someone pissed in his cheerios. Wants to see the manager.
Al-"what can I help you with sir?"
Client- "your sign out front just fell over and put a long scratch along the side of my car and I want to know what you're going to do about it?"
Al-"just fell over? like, it was ok and then when you drove by it....it just fell over?...I see..."
Client-"I wouldn't lie to you, I'm a Christian!"
(Al notices Harvest fellowship t-shirt on guy)
Al-"No..... I guess you would'nt....." I said as I reached for the video camera icon on my desktop. "Was the sign loose sir or did the wind knock it down?"
Client-"no, the sign was loose and as the car in front of me drove past it, it started to fall down and then as I drove up, the sign fell on my car.... WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT!" he said raising his voice and pointing at me.
Al-"This car sir? as the video begins rolling and then a BMW shows up on my screen "that BMW making too short of a right turn and hitting my sign? That same BMW that I see backing up and nearly hitting this Blue Accord behind him? That same car sir?"
Client-lowering his head and slowly getting red faced by embarrassment. "I...I'm so sorry.... I knew it was and I..I don't know what came over me......"
Al-"That's stealing sir....Sure as heck sir, Not stealing from a person, but from a company and it's still stealing non the less.... and with you wearing that Harvest shirt.... Sir.... What am I to think?"
We closed the door to my office. The guy felt really bad and I felt bad for him in return.
This is just proof to me that nobody is perfect and wearing the Badge of Christianity and flaunting it as perfection that so many mistakenly do just drives me nuts. He was a nice guy though. He invited me to join him for Bible study.
I kindly declined.
(I think this reads better)
aww dude! you shoulda hooked a brotha up, man - what kinda 'christian' r u anyways....:-(

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#671598 Nov 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
How would I know?
Such dumb questions are supposed to pass as superior intellectuality? Does such remove you from the chain of creation as much as it does from reality?
BTW, in your localized chain of getting created over time, you can just assume you had ancestors before they were documented.
I suspect an externally laid egg in your not too distant ancestry.
Oh, yeah, regarding documentation. Do you have any idea how many people don't have documentation of their parents, or false documentation listing parents and a lineage they assumed to be real?
How can it have been a dumb question when you gave a correct answer (How would I know)?

More questions...

Your designer, assuming it exists, could have been a random event? Or, could not have been?

Do you not know that either? if you -don't not- know, how do you -not know- you -don't not- know?

About the ancestors/parents...

I have no idea. Tell me.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671599 Nov 7, 2013
Subliminal Criminal wrote:
<quoted text>
You gotta have a little faith in something other than yourself.
I do.

Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#671600 Nov 7, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Detailed conclusions?
Conclusions?
What's taught in a science class is the best available information. Students are encouraged to ask questions. If a student is interested in pursuing a career in science, then their job is to update that information.
What's taught in bibles is what's in bibles. Students are encouraged to accept it without asking questions. If students are interested in pursuing a career in religion, then their job is to promote their religions as conclusive.
Lol

Is that what they taught you in the Topix Atheist Handbook?

Everyone takes some sort of science class. Everyone in those classes are taught what is believed to be fact as if it's fact.

If --IF-- a person opens their mind a little bit, they find religion and find God.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#671601 Nov 7, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you did. You asked me to prove it. Why would you ask me to prove it if you didn't think it was a possibility?
On the other hand (no pun intended)... you are moving a step in the right direction, in that you're now saying that you neither beleive or disbelieve the existence of my hands. You're agnostic with regard to the existence of my hands... as well as lacking a belief about them on way or the other.
<quoted text>
You're trying to say my inability to prove the existence of my hands (across the internet) is analytic to your inability to prove the existence of your god (period). It isn't.
<quoted text>
Because, you keep asking me to prove I have hands.
Oh.

When I ask you a "very simple thing to do", as in prove you have hands, you say it's impossible over the Internet.

But you expect me to prove God to you over the sane medium.

Huh...

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671602 Nov 7, 2013
Dave's calling me dumb because I don't know something he doesn't know,or something he does know... hell if I know... and then putting me down for assuming the position of "superior intellectuality".

That's the Dave I know and admire.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#671603 Nov 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How do intellectuals get all this info from two friggin bones?
The Permian-Triassic extinction devastated terrestrial life. Biodiversity rebounded with the influx of pioneer organisms, but these were short lived. Diverse communities with complex trophic structures took 30 million years to reestablish.[15]
Temnospondyl amphibians were among those groups that survived the Permian-Triassic extinction, some lineages (e.g. trematosaurs) flourishing briefly in the Early Triassic, while others (e.g. capitosaurs) remained successful throughout the whole period, or only came to prominence in the Late Triassic (e.g. plagiosaurs, metoposaurs). As for other amphibians, the first Lissamphibia, characterized by the first frogs, are known from the Early Triassic, but the group as a whole did not become common until the Jurassic, when the temnospondyls had become very rare.
Archosauromorph reptiles—especially archosaurs—progressively replaced the synapsids that had dominated the Permian, although Cynognathus was a characteristic top predator in earlier Triassic (Olenekian and Anisian) Gondwana, and both kannemeyeriid dicynodonts and gomphodont cynodonts remained important herbivores during much of the period. By the end of the Triassic, synapsids played only bit parts. During the Carnian (early part of the Late Triassic), some advanced cynodont gave rise to the first mammals. At the same time the Ornithodira, which until then had been small and insignificant, evolved into pterosaurs and a variety of dinosaurs. The Crurotarsi were the other important archosaur clade, and during the Late Triassic these also reached the height of their diversity, with various groups including the phytosaurs, aetosaurs, several distinct lineages of Rauisuchia, and the first crocodylians (the Sphenosuchia). Meanwhile the stocky herbivorous rhynchosaurs and the small to medium-sized insectivorous or piscivorous Prolacertiformes were important basal archosauromorph groups throughout most of the Triassic.
Among other reptiles, the earliest turtles, like Proganochelys and Proterochersis, appeared during the Norian (middle of the Late Triassic). The Lepidosauromorpha—specifically the Sphenodontia—are first known in the fossil record a little earlier (during the Carnian). The Procolophonidae were an important group of small lizard-like herbivores.
In the Triassic, archosaurs displaced therapsids as the dominant amniotes. This "Triassic Takeover" may have contributed to the evolution of mammals by forcing the surviving therapsids and their mammaliaform successors to live as small, mainly nocturnal insectivores; nocturnal life may have forced the mammaliaforms to develop fur and higher metabolic rates.
Interestingly there's not one mention of the Middle Triassic in the whole post.
It only mentions the early and late Triassic.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#671604 Nov 7, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
aww dude! you shoulda hooked a brotha up, man - what kinda 'christian' r u anyways....:-(
That's a good question.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#671605 Nov 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I just posted this in response to that article on the other forum.
"BTW, there were a lot of could be's, and nothing substantial in that article you posted. I will draw to your attention the assertion the bare iron caused by the file cut should not have rusted because it wasn't rusty already as the rest of the hammer. Perhaps he is not familiar with the old methods of providing rust inhibitions to gun barrels by rusting them. Browning the barrels. How you got the name Brown Bess for the English musket. Nice authoritative assertion by your author."
If someone wants to claim a hammer was found embedded in ancient rock, it needs to be examined very thoroughly. It wasn't.

It's a proven fact that modern items can become encrusted in rock in just a few decades given the right conditions, So there's no reason to presume there's anything odd about this hammer unless it can be shown to be impossible.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671606 Nov 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
When I ask you a "very simple thing to do", as in prove you have hands, you say it's impossible over the Internet.
But you expect me to prove God to you over the sane medium.
Huh...
I'm asking you to prove the existence of a god, period.

You're asking me to prove the existence of my hands across the internet, period.

Huh...

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671607 Nov 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
Is that what they taught you in the Topix Atheist Handbook?
Everyone takes some sort of science class. Everyone in those classes are taught what is believed to be fact as if it's fact.
If --IF-- a person opens their mind a little bit, they find religion and find God.
You have a skewed perspective of what's actually happening with advancement of science.

There are some facts. Some get taught in science classrooms. There are other things taught as assumed fact for the time being. The point of science, in the first place, is to find out if our facts *were* only assumed facts... by teaching people what it is we think we know and what we don't know. Those individuals with an interest to work toward that end become scientists.

Science is in the constant state of trying to disprove itself.

Religion... not so much.

What was that you said about open minds?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#671608 Nov 7, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good question.
i'm afraid that you seem to be reverting back to being a 'lutheran-type christian' from germany, circa 1930-40's! i.e., turning your own over to the gustapo to keep the heat off you and because they're not perfect.

you said it was a 'typical' day for you handling unreasonable complaints.

care to share some of those other 'typical' stories of scammers that don't wear 'christian' t-shirts, heir commrade?

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#671609 Nov 7, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
How can it have been a dumb question when you gave a correct answer (How would I know)?
More questions...
Your designer, assuming it exists, could have been a random event? Or, could not have been?
Do you not know that either? if you -don't not- know, how do you -not know- you -don't not- know?
About the ancestors/parents...
I have no idea. Tell me.
I would think the best path to follow is something spawned you, and unless it eats its young, is likely on your side. What is to be gained in denying it and going out into the wilderness all by your lonesome?

When the winds of time are filling your sails and moving you along, it is useless to figure just where it originated, especially since there is not a damned thing you can do about it. You just keep sailing. Be glad it is still blowing.

Don't make me get poetic on you.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#671610 Nov 7, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Interestingly there's not one mention of the Middle Triassic in the whole post.
It only mentions the early and late Triassic.
You're missing the point.

Probably intentionally.

"Science" tries to tell us what happened in this 10 million year era because the "evidence" they've found during that time frame is TWO bones.

YOU said the "bones are the evidence!"

How do they teach us that there was moss in the Middle Triassic Period without knowing?

A: They guess.

Like science usually does.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#671611 Nov 7, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
It's a proven fact that modern items can become encrusted in rock in just a few decades given the right conditions
It's also a proven fact that canyons can be formed in a few hundred years instead of millions of years.

I'll bet dollars to pesos that you ignore that fact.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#671612 Nov 7, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
I'm asking you to prove the existence of a god, period.
You're asking me to prove the existence of my hands across the internet, period.
Huh...
What's the difference?

Here, I'll fix your first question to make it match your second one.

"I'm asking you to prove the existence of a god across the internet"

How can I do that when you can't even tell me HOW you could prove you have hands?

Did you dream last night? Ever? Prove it.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671613 Nov 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think the best path to follow is something spawned you, and unless it eats its young, is likely on your side. What is to be gained in denying it and going out into the wilderness all by your lonesome?
When the winds of time are filling your sails and moving you along, it is useless to figure just where it originated, especially since there is not a damned thing you can do about it. You just keep sailing. Be glad it is still blowing.
Don't make me get poetic on you.
Am I denying something?

Love ya, Dave!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#671614 Nov 7, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
You have a skewed perspective of what's actually happening with advancement of science.
There are some facts. Some get taught in science classrooms. There are other things taught as assumed fact for the time being. The point of science, in the first place, is to find out if our facts *were* only assumed facts... by teaching people what it is we think we know and what we don't know. Those individuals with an interest to work toward that end become scientists.
Science is in the constant state of trying to disprove itself.
Religion... not so much.
What was that you said about open minds?
The sun revolves around the earth and ye will be hanged if ye disagree!!!

Oh, and the Earth is flat. Get over it.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#671615 Nov 7, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> If you say so. It sure is different from what I got out of it.
I don't think you were looking very hard for them.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#671616 Nov 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the difference?
Here, I'll fix your first question to make it match your second one.
"I'm asking you to prove the existence of a god across the internet"
How can I do that when you can't even tell me HOW you could prove you have hands?
Did you dream last night? Ever? Prove it.
I'm trying to make this fair... for you, RR.

I have an excuse >>> The internet.

What's your excuse? The internet?

At the moment, you're inhibited from providing proof of god's existence due to limitations inherent to the internet and nothing else?

Is that what you're telling me?

My dreams exist only in my head... I have no proof of them.

Your god exists only in your head... You have no proof of it.

That's what you're telling me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Just Think 685,857
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 7 min arrr 26,948
Most likely scenario in Mayweather - McGregor f... 8 min Doctor REALITY 1
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 42 min Siva 8,524
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Here For Now 619,751
Anyone know nicole horne that works at family d... 5 hr Downlowinfo42069 4
Snitxh 10 hr Downlowinfo42069 1
More from around the web