Prove there's a god.
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#671203 Nov 5, 2013
John le Carre, in a January 2003 essay "The United States of America Has Gone Mad"
"
America has entered one of its periods of historical madness, but this is the worst I can remember: worse than McCarthyism, worse than the Bay of Pigs and in the long term potentially more disastrous than the Vietnam War.

The reaction to 9/11 is beyond anything Osama bin Laden could have hoped for in his nastiest dreams. As in McCarthy times, the freedoms that have made America the envy of the world are being systematically eroded.

United States

#671204 Nov 5, 2013
"American policymakers, setting themselves up as guardians of the world system, are more inclined than ever to simply disregard international laws and conventions if they get in the way of unrivaled military supremacy. Every instance of U.S. armed intervention ...represents a flagrant violation of regional treaties and laws, not to mention the UN Charter itself, which explicitly prohibits military attacks against sovereign nations - for example, Grenada, Nicaragua, Haiti, Panama, Serbia, Iraq... In any event, the U.S. has consistently shown its contempt for international bodies, agreements, and procedures that might conflict with its hegemonic aspirations."
Carl Boggs

United States

#671205 Nov 5, 2013
Some of the character traits exhibited by serial killers or criminals may be observed in many within the political arena. They share the traits of psychopaths who are not sensitive to altruistic appeals, such as sympathy for their victims or remorse or guilt over their crimes. They possess the personality traits of lying, narcissism, selfishness, and vanity. These are the people to whom we have entrusted our fate. Is it any wonder that America is failing at home and world-wide?"

Jim Kouri- National Law Enforcement Examiner - Crime & Courts , CPP, the fifth Vice President and Public Information Officer of the National Association of Chiefs of Police...

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#671206 Nov 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Killing people is wrong I agree but, murder is the unlawful killing of people. War is the legal killing of people. So killing in war is not murder, this is by the laws we people of Earth have created and agreed upon and internationally accepted.
So killing people in war no matter if it is just or not ..is legal and not murder.
With the exception that war crimes can be committed.
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text> I understand that we have, as a species, come to the asinine conclusion that killing in war is ok and categorically different from taking a life in any other situation.
Wrong. I know you think you're a morally superior, left-wing pacifist liberal, but the fact of life is that war, occasionally, is a necessary evil.

You're lucky you aren't speaking German today.
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text> Perhaps murder is the wrong word because it has more to do with legality than anything, but the main point I'm trying to make is that a killer is a killer.
And that makes you wrong.

You are equating one who kills in self-defense with one who kills out of greed or a desire for power.
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text> It doesn't suddenly become ok because uncle sam tells you you're a good boy for killing all those terrorists.
I understand; you have more sympathy for the terrorists than you have for their victims and their families.
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Honestly though, I feel bad for the soldiers more than anything. It's our leaders who brainwash them into thinking that there's a such thing as "honorable" killing,
I'll bet you pretend you're from Berkeley, don't you?
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text> and who convince them to waste their youth in the military;
Feel free to ignore the hundreds of thousands of men and women who have made successful lives for themselves in the military.
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text> and we're surprised when they come back mentally broken or commit suicide.
Yeah, the media loves to play that up; that's because there's far less of a "story" in a Marine or a soldier coming home healthy and intact.

Here's a little surprise for you, li'l timmy; *you* are a product of war. I'd challenge you to think about that, but I know you won't.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#671207 Nov 5, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
I'm a ninth generation hereditary stregha, fucktard; deal with it. There's no way in hell I'd *ever* want you to know the secrets I know.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Witchcraftery runs in your blood? Is that what "Nature" told you?
Christianity is real? A self-contradictory book of myths and lies is the infallible word of God? Is that what "God" told you?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text> lol
Weirdo.
Back atcha.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#671209 Nov 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your "Nature" one of those things? You know, the "Nature" that tells you stuff....
I understand why you hate Nature; look what it did to you.

United States

#671210 Nov 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Killing people is wrong I agree but, murder is the unlawful killing of people. War is the legal killing of people. So killing in war is not murder, this is by the laws we people of Earth have created and agreed upon and internationally accepted.
So killing people in war no matter if it is just or not ..is legal and not murder.
With the exception that war crimes can be committed.
<quoted text>
Wrong. I know you think you're a morally superior, left-wing pacifist liberal, but the fact of life is that war, occasionally, is a necessary evil.
You're lucky you aren't speaking German today.
<quoted text>
And that makes you wrong.
You are equating one who kills in self-defense with one who kills out of greed or a desire for power.
<quoted text>
I understand; you have more sympathy for the terrorists than you have for their victims and their families.
<quoted text>
I'll bet you pretend you're from Berkeley, don't you?
<quoted text>
Feel free to ignore the hundreds of thousands of men and women who have made successful lives for themselves in the military.
<quoted text>
Yeah, the media loves to play that up; that's because there's far less of a "story" in a Marine or a soldier coming home healthy and intact.
Here's a little surprise for you, li'l timmy; *you* are a product of war. I'd challenge you to think about that, but I know you won't.
Where timn left off! Did you know US been at war and wars and many wars since inception of a nation, I mean a US militaristic Imperialistic Empire and no wonder world hate us! i believe in defense of our US but not go on merry adventure worldwide and causing wars and dissension and incite nations and brothers to wars. Do you know US have over 900 plus US military bases worldwide and with biggest US naval worldwide as not nations compare to US firepower and no wonder world fear us and hate us for what our US did and our US incite growth of enemies worldwide because we invade, and plunder, rape, mass murder... So?
If you look at a few new and old set of old encyclopedia you see how many countries US had invaded and cost lose of many lives worldwide. Did you know how many countries US had invaded in past, since birth of our US empire?

Bahhahahhaaa
Jim Garrison, New Orleans District Attorney,

'War is the biggest business in America

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#671211 Nov 5, 2013
Sez a know-nothing like you.

How so? Do you see me siding with conservatives when I bash their buybulls?
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text> Bashing "buybulls" does not make one conservative or progressive.
You think they do. You’re a “progressive” atheist, right? Bashing christianity, religion and theism in general makes you “progressive,” doesn’t it?
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>This has not even been a part of the discussion and bears no importance to the discussion.
Actually, the discussion is “Prove there’s a god.” Don’t lecture *me* about getting off-topic when you’re guilty of the same offense..
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text> You share many conservative views, yes.
I also share many liberal views; views which, for the time being, you choose to ignore.

Apsu wrote:
<quoted text> You also repeat popular Fox News propaganda, just like the conservative crowd, yes.
You call it “propaganda,” just like the liberal crowd does. You need to look up the definition of the word “propaganda.” Actually, I’ve given you that definition; but like the libtard you are, you choose to ignore it because it’s coming from someone you want to label as a conservative.
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>You use it for propaganda purposes only, which bears no relationship to the actual meaning of the word.
You don’t even know what you’re talking about, do you?
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be in denial of the fact that opposition to the War on Drugs is a liberal stance.
No it isn’t; it’s a common sense stance. I know a lot of conservatives who are opposed to it, too. But since that violates your liberal programming, you won’t acknowledge that.
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>Here again, Kaitlin, you are projecting.
And here again you are full of crap.
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>"Liberal" does not describe any particular party line.
It describes a philosophy, a doctrine (one to which you adhere); a “party line.”

English obviously is not your native language, but it is mine; you don’t get to lecture me about English nomenclature.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#671212 Nov 5, 2013
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
John Farmer, a senior counsel for the 9/11 Commission who drafted the original [9/11] report
"At some level of the government, at some point in time ... there was an agreement not to tell the truth about what happened [on 9/11].
American Conspiracies
Lies, Lies, and More Dirty Lies that the Government Tells Us
by Jesse Ventura with Dick Russell
Skyhorse Publishing, 2011, paperback, p143
Jesse Ventura? That steroid freak??

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

United States

#671213 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Jesse Ventura? That steroid freak??
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!
hey he truther , and civil liberty/ freedom protector..., don't judge a book by its cover? So you rather enjoy the corrupted in power rape you of all you human rights and dignity,or burn a witch (remember the ugly history?)...?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#671214 Nov 5, 2013
Subliminal Criminal wrote:
<quoted text>
Really mate? Your writing this instead of gettin laid?
Looney.
Yeah.

lol

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#671215 Nov 5, 2013
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>hey he truther , and civil liberty/ freedom protector..., don't judge a book by its cover? So you rather enjoy the corrupted in power rape you of all you human rights and dignity,or burn a witch (remember the ugly history?)...?
Che cazzo??

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#671216 Nov 5, 2013
Hey, Aspu? Since your English is so poor, and you don't know the definitions of half the words that are being used, allow me to supply you with some definitions from Merriam-Webster's Dictionary and Thesaurus on CD-ROM--which, I am sure, you will call right-wing conservative propaganda if you disagree with them:

con·ser·va·tive \k&#601;n-'s&#601;r-v &#601;-tiv\ adj (14c)
1 : preservative
2 a : of or relating to a philosophy of conservatism b cap : of or constituting a political party professing the principles of conservatism: as (1): of or constituting a party of the United Kingdom advocating support of established institutions (2): progressive conservative
3 a : tending or disposed to maintain existing views, conditions, or institutions : traditional b : marked by moderation or caution ‹a ~ estimate› c : marked by or relating to traditional norms of taste, elegance, style, or manners ‹a ~ suit›
4 : of, relating to, or practicing Conservative Judaism
— con·ser·va·tive·ly adv
— con·ser·va·tive·ness n
2conservative n (1831)
1 a : an adherent or advocate of political conservatism b cap: a member or supporter of a conservative political party
2 a : one who adheres to traditional methods or views b : a cautious or discreet person

lib·er·al \'li-b(&#601;-)r&#601; l\ adj [ME, fr. AF, fr. L liberalis suitable for a freeman, generous, fr. liber free; perh. akin to OE l&#275;odan to grow, Gk eleutheros free](14c)
1 a : of, relating to, or based on the liberal arts ‹~ education› b archaic: of or befitting a man of free birth
2 a : marked by generosity : openhanded ‹a ~ giver› b : given or provided in a generous and openhanded way ‹a ~ meal› c : ample full
3 obs: lacking moral restraint : licentious
4 : not literal or strict : loose ‹a ~ translation›
5 : broad-minded ; esp: not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or traditional forms
6 a : of, favoring, or based upon the principles of liberalism b cap: of or constituting a political party advocating or associated with the principles of political liberalism ; esp: of or constituting a political party in the United Kingdom associated with ideals of individual esp. economic freedom, greater individual participation in government, and constitutional, political, and administrative reforms designed to secure these objectives
— lib·er·al·ly \-b(&#601;-)r&#601;-l &#275;\ adv
— lib·er·al·ness n
syn liberal generous bountiful munificent mean giving or given freely and unstintingly. liberal suggests openhandedness in the giver and largeness in the thing or amount given ‹a teacher liberal with her praise›. generous stresses warmhearted readiness to give more than size or importance of the gift ‹a generous offer of help›. bountiful suggests lavish, unremitting giving or providing ‹children spoiled by bountiful presents›. munificent suggests a scale of giving appropriate to lords or princes ‹a munificent foundation grant›.
2liberal n (1820): a person who is liberal: as a : one who is open-minded or not strict in the observance of orthodox, traditional, or established forms or ways b cap: a member or supporter of a liberal political party c : an advocate or adherent of liberalism esp. in individual rights

Since: May 07

Muncie, IN

#671217 Nov 5, 2013
You think they do. You’re a “progressive” atheist, right? Bashing christianity, religion and theism in general makes you “progressive,” doesn’t it?
No, it does not.
"Bashing christianity, religion and theism" does not make one conservative or progressive.
I just said this.
Actually, the discussion is “Prove there’s a god.” Don’t lecture *me* about getting off-topic when you’re guilty of the same offense..
Our little discussion here has been about your taking liberal stances on issues while at the same time ridiculing a group of people you call "liberals."
It is hypocritical.
You are all of a sudden bemoaning me not recognizing that you bash religion, which is a distraction from our little discussion. Nice try, though.
I also share many liberal views; views which, for the time being, you choose to ignore.
How am I ignoring this?
If it makes you feel any better, I very much recognize your being very critical of religion and fundamentalists. Much of what you say regarding that issue I agree with. I also recognize your opposition to the War on Drugs, another stance we seem to both agree with. You have many posts that I find to be great and well stated. I can't argue with you on those, though hahaha.:)

All that I am saying is that it is hypocritical to on the one hand ridicule who you call "liberals" while yourself sharing certain liberal stances on issues.
You call it “propaganda,” just like the liberal crowd does. You need to look up the definition of the word “propaganda.” Actually, I’ve given you that definition; but like the libtard you are, you choose to ignore it because it’s coming from someone you want to label as a conservative.
That Fox News is a propaganda station is well known and documented; the station itself is run by a Republican campaign strategist and propagandist and they legally reserve their right to lie and misinform citing 'Freedom of Speech.'
The one ignoring reality, Kaitlin, is yourself.
You don’t even know what you’re talking about, do you?

No it isn’t; it’s a common sense stance. I know a lot of conservatives who are opposed to it, too. But since that violates your liberal programming, you won’t acknowledge that.
Yes, it is a common sense stance. I agree with that.
It is also, though, a liberal stance. Why is that such a big deal?
"Liberal" does not define any particular political ideology. Why is this so difficult for you to understand? The word has a meaning, and the meaning of the word has no relationship with the way the word is used in propaganda.
And here again you are full of crap.

It describes a philosophy, a doctrine (one to which you adhere); a “party line.”
English obviously is not your native language, but it is mine; you don’t get to lecture me about English nomenclature.
A "party line" refers to the general approach to different issues shared by members of a particular party.
"Liberal" does not define any party line.

I will repeat my example again. Democrats generally have liberal stances on abortion rights but are not liberal in regards to pollution standards (which they generally prefer to be stricter). Republicans do not represent the liberal stance on abortion rights, but generally have more liberal stances on pollution standards (and prefer less regulations).

United States

#671218 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Che cazzo??
· che cazzo vuoi! abHAHAHHHAAA :)........

United States

#671219 Nov 5, 2013
oK , wHO GAVE ME nEGATIVE iCONS, FACE ME LIKE A MAN NOT LIKE A MINNIE MOUSE?

bAHHAHAHHAAHA

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#671220 Nov 5, 2013
For Aspu:

Webster's New World College Dictionanry (4th Ed)

propaganda: 1.[p-] R.C. Ch. a committee of cardinals, the Congregation for the Propagation of the Faith; in charge of the foreign missions 2. any systematic, widespread disemination or promotion of particular ideas, doctrines, practices, et c. to further one's own cause or to damage an opposing one 3. ideas, doctrines, or allegations so spread. now often used disparagingly to connote deception or distortion.

Now, you like to accuse Fox News of being propaganda; you have obviously never seen it, so as a result your opinion carries no credibility. You won't *allow* yourself to watch it for even five minutes. Not even to see the liberals who also populate it.

So what do *you* rely on for news and information--Jon Stewart and Comedy Central? Now,*there's* a news organization!!

United States

#671221 Nov 5, 2013
American Neocon Michael Ledeen of the American Enterprise Institute,
Great Unraveling, Paul Krugman, p6
"
We are a warlike people and we love war.

Since: May 07

Muncie, IN

#671222 Nov 5, 2013
Hey, Aspu? Since your English is so poor, and you don't know the definitions of half the words that are being used, allow me to supply you with some definitions from Merriam-Webster's Dictionary and Thesaurus on CD-ROM--which, I am sure, you will call right-wing conservative propaganda if you disagree with them:
con·ser·va·tive \k&#601;n-'s&#601;r-v &#601;-tiv\ adj (14c)
1 : preservative
2 a : of or relating to a philosophy of conservatism b cap : of or constituting a political party professing the principles of conservatism: as (1): of or constituting a party of the United Kingdom advocating support of established institutions (2): progressive conservative
3 a : tending or disposed to maintain existing views, conditions, or institutions : traditional b : marked by moderation or caution ‹a ~ estimate› c : marked by or relating to traditional norms of taste, elegance, style, or manners ‹a ~ suit›
4 : of, relating to, or practicing Conservative Judaism
— con·ser·va·tive·ly adv
— con·ser·va·tive·ness n
2conservative n (1831)
1 a : an adherent or advocate of political conservatism b cap: a member or supporter of a conservative political party
2 a : one who adheres to traditional methods or views b : a cautious or discreet person
lib·er·al \'li-b(&#601;-)r&#601; l\ adj [ME, fr. AF, fr. L liberalis suitable for a freeman, generous, fr. liber free; perh. akin to OE l&#275;odan to grow, Gk eleutheros free](14c)
1 a : of, relating to, or based on the liberal arts ‹~ education› b archaic: of or befitting a man of free birth
2 a : marked by generosity : openhanded ‹a ~ giver› b : given or provided in a generous and openhanded way ‹a ~ meal› c : ample full
3 obs: lacking moral restraint : licentious
4 : not literal or strict : loose ‹a ~ translation›
5 : broad-minded ; esp: not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or traditional forms
6 a : of, favoring, or based upon the principles of liberalism b cap: of or constituting a political party advocating or associated with the principles of political liberalism ; esp: of or constituting a political party in the United Kingdom associated with ideals of individual esp. economic freedom, greater individual participation in government, and constitutional, political, and administrative reforms designed to secure these objectives
— lib·er·al·ly \-b(&#601;-)r&#601;-l &#275;\ adv
— lib·er·al·ness n
syn liberal generous bountiful munificent mean giving or given freely and unstintingly. liberal suggests openhandedness in the giver and largeness in the thing or amount given ‹a teacher liberal with her praise›. generous stresses warmhearted readiness to give more than size or importance of the gift ‹a generous offer of help›. bountiful suggests lavish, unremitting giving or providing ‹children spoiled by bountiful presents›. munificent suggests a scale of giving appropriate to lords or princes ‹a munificent foundation grant›.
2liberal n (1820): a person who is liberal: as a : one who is open-minded or not strict in the observance of orthodox, traditional, or established forms or ways b cap: a member or supporter of a liberal political party c : an advocate or adherent of liberalism esp. in individual rights
Simply copy/pasting a dictionary entry or entries does not illustrate understanding on your part, as anyone can copy/paste from a dictionary.

You forgot to include the part where you identify my supposed misunderstanding.
Good luck at that.
Shaddup

United States

#671223 Nov 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*doesn't....idiot.
And no, it doesn't work.
<quoted text>
Irrelevant.
No. Don't. And. Totally relevant. Idiot.

You need to stray from 5th grade, Jethro.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Bongo 71,232
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min truth 659,009
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 50 min gundee123 5,106
Horny snapchat usernames 52 min Hardspark 14
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr who 283,046
Sex for money URGENT--no to scam please 2 hr bella_ 1
I'll always love you, Bowy...4REAL 2 hr Doctor REALITY 3
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 8 hr Fit2Serve 298
More from around the web