|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Clerk.
Ask the Redneck about Satan. Ask if he thinks Satan is active today. Ask if Satan has had any infuence of the morality of our country since 1962.
You'll have lots of fun with this one.
(I already know the answer; RR never says something just once.)
But you don't pay attention, as I've never said "Satan has influenced the morality of our country since 1962".

And I've certainly never said "infuence".....

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Negative.
I've only referred to the difficulty (or impossibility) of proving either, NOT that they are the same thing.
Everyone I posed that to says "it's easy to prove love", but none have.
Can you?
Why is it difficult to prove your god exists?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Which god?
How many gods do you believe exist?
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://science1.nasa.gov/astrophysics/big-que...
You won't notice the flannel mouthing and general avoidance of the subject i that one.
"The Universe must have been born in this single violent event which came to be known as the "Big Bang."
But that in this:
http://science.nasa.gov/astrophysics/focus-ar...
Kinda implies creation, eh? Being born?
If you look close they do avoid "Creation" itself. They do a little song and dance about what created that thing that got born. They wander off to other aspects after it was "born".
Now this one does get a bit more emphatic about "origin". "Creation" can be inferred from it.
"The Big Bang Model is a broadly accepted theory for the origin and evolution of our universe. It postulates that 12 to 14 billion years ago, the portion of the universe we can see today was only a few millimeters across."
That's NASA, darling. They guys that fly above the sky.
Notice the few millimeters. That would easily fit inside your snatch. The whole friggin universe.
In the first link you will see the universe is a foam. I have described it like that myself.
Do you know what you know?
The Big Bang may represent the beginning of the universe as we know it, not some ultimate beginning. The universe may have been expanding and contracting for eons for all we know and the last big bang was just one in an ongoing series of events.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

God is the sound you make when your brain farts.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
The Big Bang may represent the beginning of the universe as we know it, not some ultimate beginning. The universe may have been expanding and contracting for eons for all we know and the last big bang was just one in an ongoing series of events.
Wow.

Very insightful.

Very definitive proof of no deity.

Cool. You are a credit to the Topix Atheist breed.

You "may" be right. Who knows?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
To Clark Griswald? Zero times. Why do you ask?
So now you do redneck house calls.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Man did that. The child didn't "have it coming", though. Why would you say that?
Your answer is quite revealing as to the fundamental differences between believers and non-believers. Timn's comment is quite obviously sarcasm, yet you diagnosed it as literally meaning "the kid had it coming." The majority of Christians I've known all shared two common traits: a leaning towards strict conservatism and a literalist interpretation of reality. Nuance, innuendo, satire, etc., seemed to be beyond their understanding; things were either black or white - shades of gray could not be processed, hence their fierce insistence that religious teachings must be accepted as inviolable law. Simply put, your mind tends to filter complex data into a diluted parcel that you can more readily understand while eliminating the more salient information needed to make truly coherent decisions. You're screwed.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
Very insightful.
That doesn't disprove your deity or Mother Goose. Enjoy your belief in Mother Goose too then you fool.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"they"? Who?
The Adams and the Eves and the gods and the Satan.

Your imaginary friends.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't for God.

Just ask Him.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
One.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
Very insightful.
Dave has so much emotionally invested in his god fairytale that it would be impossible now for him to ever face life honestly.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But you don't pay attention, as I've never said "Satan has influenced the morality of our country since 1962".
And I've certainly never said "infuence".....
There you go.

Our trusty pedant at work once again. It never fails.

OK, I'll rephrase: Hey Clerk, ask the Redneck whether he thinks Satan has had influence on people since 1962, and this has led to a decline of our morality.

Ask for examples of things that happended as the result of Satan's influence on people.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
I speak Redneckian.

So, I am able to answer your question to our Redneck.

He would answer with a question: Why is it difficult to prove you have hands?

He might add a "go" to his post.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, the answer in Redneckian is:

Only one god.

God.
UIdiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
One.
You one god is A militant God AKA Satan = radical Xtain Fundie = lover of war and destruction!
Caught you!
Bwhhahahaaa

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you do redneck house calls.
Only in trailer parks.

And only if everyone is topless.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Your answer is quite revealing as to the fundamental differences between believers and non-believers. Timn's comment is quite obviously sarcasm, yet you diagnosed it as literally meaning "the kid had it coming." The majority of Christians I've known all shared two common traits: a leaning towards strict conservatism and a literalist interpretation of reality. Nuance, innuendo, satire, etc., seemed to be beyond their understanding; things were either black or white - shades of gray could not be processed, hence their fierce insistence that religious teachings must be accepted as inviolable law. Simply put, your mind tends to filter complex data into a diluted parcel that you can more readily understand while eliminating the more salient information needed to make truly coherent decisions. You're screwed.
Don't forget blued and tattooed.
Greens - Tuf

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad humanity has not come as far as technology has. Technology seems to be a distraction away from the curiosity we are born with about what we are, why we exist and what if any thing we should be doing.
The Universe is doing something and people would rather watch a movie than participate in what the Universe is doing.
I was in Punchbowl, NSW for the last week which is why I have not participated in the petty bickering in here much. As California gets ready to enter winter, "down under" is enjoying the start of spring and it is wonderful.
We stopped off in Hawaii for a couple of days before returning home. Any day now we'll have frost and will have to cover all the citrus and avocado trees. Lots of work, but a labor of love.
New South Wales
Not a bad place to visit, but you wouldn't want to stay there too long. Watch out for storms, and don't get hit by huge hailstones.
200ml: A Seven, a Glass, or a Beer. They might have a whinge at you for ordering a Beer though.
285ml: A Middie. Weakling New South Welsh bastards!
425ml: A Schooner. See above.
570ml: A Pint
We did make a quick hop, skip, and a jump to:
Northern Territory
It may even get hotter here than in WA, so beer is a neccessity. This is the red(neck) centre, and has the highest beer consumption per head.'Nuff said.
200ml: A Seven, or a Seven Ounce. In honour of Imperial Measurements.
285ml: A Pot, a Beer, or a Handle.
425ml: A Schooner.
You didn't know I was learning to speak Australian did you.
Punchbowl, really ?
You could of popped in here for a schooner.

What did you see in Sydney, where did you go ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••