Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#670062 Nov 2, 2013
I need help remembering the name of a movie I saw a couple of times a few years back. I remember a scene, but not the movie. It may have been a Conan type movie, but I haven't found it in any. The hero was out in the desert in some distress when a camel caravan comes toward him out of the heat haze. Very cool scene capturing it single file headon. There was a brother and sister of some royalty whose caravan it was. Anyone know the movie?

I saw the ass end of a real camel caravan once in NW Turkey driving on the road. Saw a real Gypsy caravan over there, too. Even got caught up in the yearly horse herding into the city once. Herds of horses and cars going down the same highway. Really, really cool to have been able to see such things that weren't tourist stunts. I doubt if they even have them there any more.

But trying to remember that movie is driving me nuts.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#670063 Nov 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:

Moobs.
Lol

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#670064 Nov 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
... Why not focus on the full bellied kid? Or the genius kid? Or the happy kid?
Sick kid? Goddidit.
Hungry kid? Goddidit.
Earthquake? Goddidit.
Educated kid? Mandidit.
Well fed kid? Mandidit.
Man on the moon? Mandidit.
Ya

god is an ass

focus on the good things

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#670065 Nov 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

This is a perfect example of atheists blaming God for everything negative.
No, God is not responsible for the birth defect, humans are.
God made man perfect, man's gone and f_ckered that all up.
scaritual wrote:

How did a perfect being, "created" by your perfect deity in your mythology, make an imperfect decision?
I'm sorry, I meant physically perfect.

Better?

Location hidden

#670066 Nov 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're missing the point.
God did nothing.
We're just pointing out how infantile and silly your belief system is.
BTW, did you reread 2-7 of the sociopathic personality?
Hahahahaha, you're a gas.
2-7 fits RR like a glove

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#670067 Nov 2, 2013
karl44 wrote:
define : love
define : god
Ya stupid atheist.

If I define those, what's next?

"Define : define"

O_o

Location hidden

#670068 Nov 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your experience could add some credibility to your assertions. Or not.
I went through a natural process. Show us yours.
Believe or not I understand what you are saying and have even noted some of the same phenomenon.
But you are a little wild eyed in your assertions and dismissive of others. Tell us your experience. You had it, I won't discount it. It is just something else to look at. You may also find that by posting it and reading it you will see it in another perspective, and thus adding it to your analysis.
As far as my thinking? As long as I can remember I have looked at myself in the third person. A core noting what happens. That little man a lot of us have sitting back in our minds.
not all are "little men" who need pretend they speak for a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#670069 Nov 2, 2013
karl44 wrote:
there are more than 38000 christian sects. "Which god", is a relevant and reasonable question.
Negative.

All Christians believe in the same god, God.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#670070 Nov 2, 2013
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
I found the light !
It is everywhere in that picture, the plant proves it, you know, photosynthesis.
And it looks real healthy too, and that's because it is turning the light energy into chemical energy.
How cool, hey ?
P.s, nice pic, I like it.
Goodnight.
Good for you.

Now look closer and you'll see the light.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#670071 Nov 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
I need help remembering the name of a movie I saw a couple of times a few years back. I remember a scene, but not the movie. It may have been a Conan type movie, but I haven't found it in any. The hero was out in the desert in some distress when a camel caravan comes toward him out of the heat haze. Very cool scene capturing it single file headon. There was a brother and sister of some royalty whose caravan it was. Anyone know the movie?
I saw the ass end of a real camel caravan once in NW Turkey driving on the road. Saw a real Gypsy caravan over there, too. Even got caught up in the yearly horse herding into the city once. Herds of horses and cars going down the same highway. Really, really cool to have been able to see such things that weren't tourist stunts. I doubt if they even have them there any more.
But trying to remember that movie is driving me nuts.
Hidalgo?

Was it a newer movie?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#670072 Nov 2, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya
god is an ass
focus on the good things
No, he's a God who cares. Why do you say God is an ass?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#670073 Nov 2, 2013
karl44 wrote:
2-7 fits RR like a glove
You seem to be a very negative man.

Speaking of gloves, you should try a surgical glove with some K-Y on your crotch serpent.

It might take away some of your negativity.

Just some friendly advice :)

Location hidden

#670074 Nov 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It was then.
The classification system has since changed.
Moving on...
sure

took god by surprise

that

Alamosa, CO

#670075 Nov 2, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
not all are "little men" who need pretend they speak for a god.
A god will not peek down from above to see what is happening, karl. Everybody will behave themselves. He will be that homeless derelict that sees you pissing in the park.

Location hidden

#670076 Nov 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
They say the Big Bang did.
I do not believe christians

or you
Pat

East Granby, CT

#670077 Nov 2, 2013
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text> I'm with you Dave, I'm with you.
As I've said before, a pitch dark room is full of light ,but they just cannot comprehend.
You are just a blind man in a dark room searching for a black cat that isn't there then dishonestly claiming you have found it.

Alamosa, CO

#670078 Nov 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hidalgo?
Was it a newer movie?
That doesn't ring a bell. Should be within the last 10 years, but more than three. I could have sworn it was a Conan, but evidently wrong.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Very cool scene. The brother and sister were somewhat Asiatic, at least she was, and very aloof.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#670079 Nov 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Appreciating music and how it is made makes me a Forrest?
Timmy, you are so shallow.
God, the Creative Force, loves music. That is why it chews up so many musicians. A lot of those go through personal hells to learn how to put those notes and thoughts together to express themselves. It is the pain that made them grow and be creative. They suffer and overcome, and you get to listen and criticize.
You got no soul and poetry in you, Timmy. A piece of dead meat walking, like a fat contented cow waiting to be harvested.
It was a dumb joke. Calm down. I was just riffing on your proclivity for distilling life down to catchphrases, not making a stand against music.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#670080 Nov 2, 2013
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Far out Dave, great assessment.
You got the music in you.
Its a pity Timmy won't understand where you are coming from.
He beats to a different drum.
Yeah... I just hate music.

The notion that "the universe" intentionally destroys people to extract their music though? Lay off the peace pipe.

Location hidden

#670081 Nov 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, God does not *poof* away my problems. If He did, my mother-in-law wouldn't have died.
I prayed and prayed and prayed, I begged God to help her to heal.
She died.
That prayer was answered, God said "No".
I don't understand why, but I trust Him and I know His purposes are more important than mine.
I never did pray for the life of a loved one, and be denied by your god, so I do not harbor that kind of resentment.

I am trying to imagine the size of your ego, had your mother in law lived, but I only have the universe as a comparison tool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Urgent Message: Dangers Of The Pokemon Game 40 min btw 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 40 min PELE78 56,506
still a Virgin at 45 I'm a male 55 min Steve 1
sexy sister and my girlfriend family holiday 2 hr Johnny21 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 650,853
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr Demon Finder 18,667
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr Steve III 45,018
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr bad bob 183,001
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 hr Toby 106,105
More from around the web