Two Mules for Sister Sarah?
No.

Thanks.

Since: May 07

Muncie, IN

#670097 Nov 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Riiii-iiiight.....
So Enkidu & Shamhat have vigorous sex for a week straight so Shamhat can take Enkidu's "wild side" and the animals(his former sex partners) got upset.
That's EXACTLY the same as Adam & Eve, huh?
Christians often do not like to hear about how their sacred stories are nothing more than a variation on a much older story. Contrary to your silliness, though, there is a great deal of similarity between the stories of Enkidu and Shamhat and that of Adam and Eve.

Enkidu was the creation of the goddess Aruru. Similarly, Adam was the creation of Jehovah, another creator god.
Enkidu lives in a type of vegetative steppe known as an edin, while Adam lives in Eden (also an edin). Both Enkidu's edin and Adam's Eden are fed by rivers, of course - and in both stories one of those rivers is the Euphrates. Both Enkidu and Adam live naked and freely with the wild animals. Their female counterparts, Shamhat and Eve, come later, Shamhat being sent from the local city and Eve being made by Jehovah.
In both stories, it is the woman who introduces the male character to the "forbidden" knowledge. Shamhat, like you described dramatically, seduces Enkidu and in turn introduces him to the ways of civilized humans. Similarly, Eve introduces Adam to the apple of knowledge. After this, in both stories, the characters become clothed and change their ways from their 'wild ways.' In both stories, too, it is the introduction to the bigger world by their female counterpart that leads the male characters to their own eventual downfall, Enkidu eventually dying and Adam (and Eve) being kicked out of their edin (called Eden).

What is even more striking is the structure of both stories, in which similar phrases and placement of events appear in both stories. A much more detailed analysis of both stories can be found at:
http://www.bibleorigins.net/ParallelsListAdam...

You seem to be under the impression, RR, that your religion has something original to it, that it is somehow unique in some way. I understand you do not like to hear it, but there is nothing unique or original to your religion or its stories.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#670098 Nov 2, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Kingdom of Heaven?
Ernest Goes to Jail?
It was a movie along the lines of Conan.

There wasn't an Indiana Jones movie like that, was there?

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#670099 Nov 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I did piss in Central Park one time. But the restroom was still locked and I just had to go. No one saw me. I was homeless at the time, too.
Karl would do it just to kill the flowers.
I peed in the pyx once.

I just had to go.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#670100 Nov 2, 2013
Clark Griswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Riv, there's no such thing as a serpent anymore. We call them snakes now. It's the same thing.

sort-of

at the time it was written "serpent" was a mythological being (like angels) that was more powerful than men and less powerful than gods. Christians no longer "believe" that such creatures exist, RR is trying to dodge that topic.

Location hidden

#670101 Nov 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ya, that one. Lol.
Do you think the sun or the stars are the only sources of light?
within the context --- YES

L~1/d^2
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#670102 Nov 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a movie along the lines of Conan.
There wasn't an Indiana Jones movie like that, was there?
Dammit, now you got me going . You can't recall one actor?

Alamosa, CO

#670103 Nov 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I peed in the pyx once.
I just had to go.
A girl has to do what a girl has to do.

Karl likes killing flowers because God made them.

Location hidden

#670104 Nov 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why then did you pose your hypothetical, if you weren't alluding to what god does and does not do?
You are as intellectually dishonest as anybody I have ever run into.
mmm

far more so

you only see such dishonesty in support of ego

Muncie, IN

#670105 Nov 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
So what I was taught was "wrong" and what they teach now is "right". Why?
Because science changes too damn much.
No, simply enough, what you were taught was wrong.
Humans did not evolve from monkeys, as you said you were taught.
What do you find so difficult about understanding this?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I wonder if my grandkids will be taught something different as my kids, because **now** it's "right"....
You are being unnecessarily dramatic. Hopefully your grandkids will be taught the correct information instead of misinformation as you were taught.
The primary reason behind children being taught incorrectly are folks like yourself that either are ignorant or who purposely misinform others.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No dude, I'm a dude. I've never been pregnant, nice red herring though.
Normal people don't need to take a course on how to do something natural, only the "intellectuals" do.
You've never been pregnant, so you do not know what sorts of stresses or worries that go through the mind of women who are pregnant. Neither do I.

The difference between you and I on this particular topic, though, is that I can accept the fact that telling pregnant women what they should or shouldn't do or what is "natural" is not my business, nor is it my business to judge pregnant women. You, on the other hand, feel entitled to judging pregnant women and deciding what is "normal" or "natural" based on nothing more than your own ego and self-idolatry.

Why are you so very judgmental of others?

Location hidden

#670106 Nov 2, 2013
Clark Griswold wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so God was helping Tebow win games, until Satan noticed. Then satan overpowered God and Tebow turned into the hack he is today. Makes sense. Old Luce is one powerful dude. God knows better then to fukk with him. Last time he did, Lucifer took half his angels and started his own operation. The G man's never really recovered from that.
he lost the earth to satan.

Alamosa, CO

#670107 Nov 2, 2013
Glad they mention the change back to Standard time some places. I would forget. Done that before.

Tonight.

The solar wind shoots protons and electrons as ions with accompanying magnetic fields.

These thingies are notorious for forming neutral mass under the right conditions, like being near each other. Or by near something here that can use their services to complete a recipe, new additions to the abode, and various and sundry endeavors needing that extra little ingredient.

Sometimes they show up when needed and sometimes not.

Kinda the way things work, huh? But they are there.

Alamosa, CO

#670108 Nov 2, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Dammit, now you got me going . You can't recall one actor?
Not a one. But that sister was hot.

It was a movie, not a dream. Saw them on cable.

Alamosa, CO

#670109 Nov 2, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
he lost the earth to satan.
Just so you could piss on the flowers.

He will collect on you, mark my words. Have fun while you can.

Muncie, IN

#670110 Nov 2, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
All those you mentioned are theories and I do agree with you,
But some theories have higher percentage to be true , some theories are 99% accurate some are not, there is a wide scale .
You still do not understand, do you?
Hazem - whether or not you agree, disagree, prattle on about percentages, have problems, accept, believe, etc - this does not change reality.

Like I said, you can jump up and down screaming that the world is flat, or that you think it has a 99% chance of being flat, or think that other planets might be spherical but ours is flat, or whatever - it does not make the Earth flat. Science, and in turn scientific theories, have nothing at all to do with your belief or acceptance. Likewise their reality is unaffected by your personal ignorance. You simply have no real understanding of science - you think science is dependent upon your belief, which is silly.
hazem selawi wrote:
I don't have a problem with the evolution theory on different creatures, But the human evolution is something i will never accept
What this shows is your inability to think objectively. You keep trying to talk about science and claim to have "scientific truths" from the Quran, but you do not even understand science in the first place. In turn, you present yourself as a buffoon.

You are so incapable of objective reasoning that you cannot even accept the fact that humans are animals!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#670111 Nov 2, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>Christians often do not like to hear about how their sacred stories are nothing more than a variation on a much older story. Contrary to your silliness, though, there is a great deal of similarity between the stories of Enkidu and Shamhat and that of Adam and Eve.
Enkidu was the creation of the goddess Aruru. Similarly, Adam was the creation of Jehovah, another creator god.
Enkidu lives in a type of vegetative steppe known as an edin, while Adam lives in Eden (also an edin). Both Enkidu's edin and Adam's Eden are fed by rivers, of course - and in both stories one of those rivers is the Euphrates. Both Enkidu and Adam live naked and freely with the wild animals. Their female counterparts, Shamhat and Eve, come later, Shamhat being sent from the local city and Eve being made by Jehovah.
In both stories, it is the woman who introduces the male character to the "forbidden" knowledge. Shamhat, like you described dramatically, seduces Enkidu and in turn introduces him to the ways of civilized humans. Similarly, Eve introduces Adam to the apple of knowledge. After this, in both stories, the characters become clothed and change their ways from their 'wild ways.' In both stories, too, it is the introduction to the bigger world by their female counterpart that leads the male characters to their own eventual downfall, Enkidu eventually dying and Adam (and Eve) being kicked out of their edin (called Eden).
What is even more striking is the structure of both stories, in which similar phrases and placement of events appear in both stories. A much more detailed analysis of both stories can be found at:
http://www.bibleorigins.net/ParallelsListAdam...
You seem to be under the impression, RR, that your religion has something original to it, that it is somehow unique in some way. I understand you do not like to hear it, but there is nothing unique or original to your religion or its stories.
Wow.

You atheists go to great lengths attempting to denigrate the Bible.

How's that going so far?

Do you really believe what you copy/pasted?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#670112 Nov 2, 2013
Its amazing that the bible predicts and describes the existence of the atheist, the bible even tells of the acts they will do. How can an atheist deny the bible, if he's in the bible?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#670113 Nov 2, 2013
Apsu wrote:
You are being unnecessarily dramatic. Hopefully your grandkids will be taught the correct information instead of misinformation as you were taught.
Uh-huh....

Because they'll be taught the "truth" of science. "Facts" only, right?
The primary reason behind children being taught incorrectly are folks like yourself that either are ignorant or who purposely misinform others.
Negative.

I've never taught a science class.

But I have attended science classes.

And most of the time, it's just some BA teacher spewing regurgitated information from a teachers guide, not teaching.
You've never been pregnant, so you do not know what sorts of stresses or worries that go through the mind of women who are pregnant.
Yes I do. I have two kids and was there through the entire pregnancy and childbirth. And here I am, 17 years later still raising those children.

Besides, being pregnant is a natural thing, taking classes to do done thing natural isn't something normal people do

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#670114 Nov 2, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
Its amazing that the bible predicts and describes the existence of the atheist, the bible even tells of the acts they will do. How can an atheist deny the bible, if he's in the bible?
Should you be trying to save the souls of all the Christians on here? After all, according to you, they are doing this Christianity thing all wrong...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#670115 Nov 2, 2013
Peanut butter foils the evolutionist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Aura Mytha 36,726
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min Seentheotherside 688,651
Does anyone else hate being around white women? 1 hr hmmmm 25
Main causes of bullying 2 hr Wise above all 3
How did black people get here ( economically) 3 hr Johnny 70
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Wisdom of Ages 6,545
Dental Visits Are Never Fun 4 hr may i suggest 6
More from around the web