“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#669271 Oct 31, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You would prefer them to starve? You do not deserve to have children
OMG Chris, it's a joke.

Like the "They let you out?" joke that you didn't get. I told that to a co-worker today, he's been out for a few weeks with a broken foot.

RR: They let you out?

Co-worker: Hell no, I escaped!

LOL
Ben Dare

Wheaton, IL

#669272 Oct 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
U-huh....
So you've elected yourself "intelligent enough" to debate something you find as fictional as The Joker.
Find a "Prove There's a Joker" thread, go debate his evil plans, why don't ya?
Oh,that's right. You Jesus haters (that don't believe He even exists yet still hate the nonexistent) just love to quibble about your supposed non-beliefs....
Carrion.
Wait a minute, are you really trying to get me into a debate on the existence of The Joker? Is that all you've got to do? I've already wasted an hour on this nonsense this morning. You're going to have to come up with something better than this.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#669273 Oct 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG Chris, it's a joke.
Like the "They let you out?" joke that you didn't get. I told that to a co-worker today, he's been out for a few weeks with a broken foot.
RR: They let you out?
Co-worker: Hell no, I escaped!
LOL
Yes we have encountered your “jokes” before, this also was not funny

But hey, you think starving kids is fun, hey it’s you life.
Ben Dare

Wheaton, IL

#669275 Oct 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nice.
But scientific fact has not disproven anything about Christianity, so...
<quoted text>
What is "advanced" is relative. You may say we are an advanced civilization now, but people have been saying the same thing throughout the ages.
Jesus you're a tough one RR. Christianity very much in disagreement with Christianity. I have to go soon, but just a couple quick examples: walking on water, healing dead people, a flood that covered the world and killed all but 2 of every animal, who were saved in a big big big big big big big boat, turning people into salt blocks, earth is the center of the universe. This is all contrary to the laws of physics. I could go on and on, but I don't have time and deep down you have to know all these biblical stories are just parables.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#669276 Oct 31, 2013
Ben Dare wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly hope so Dave. You are so knowledgeable and have such a brilliant mind, I'm sure you can think of something. Why don't you start with proper safety techniques while operating a power saw, or maybe, how to type with no fingers.
Oh, I did pretty good considering I was cutting half inch strips leaning over from an odd position in a dark cluttered garage, slightly drunk, and ignoring that inner voice on a beautiful day. I mean, using a saw wasn't something I hadn't done before over the decades. I was typing on here the next day after a very long afternoon. I was quite fortunate. That was an unusual day for this sleepy underpopulated area. Three people died in the ER that day.

Resculpted those blah right three fingers I've been stuck with for so long. A little change of pace. More difficult getting my keys out and grabbing things out of the fridge, but such things makes life more interesting..

You should see some of the things I got away with before.
Ben Dare

Wheaton, IL

#669277 Oct 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What is "advanced" is relative. You may say we are an advanced civilization now, but people have been saying the same thing throughout the ages.
That's why I put "advanced" in quotes. A truly advanced civilization is one that has overcome all the problems that plague our society today, like disease, wars, hunger, ignorance, superstition, a clean abundant source of energy, etc.
Ben Dare

Wheaton, IL

#669278 Oct 31, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing like a newly empowered mind by your educators to have all the answers and know what it is all about, eh?
Shame it evaporates when you croak. All that learning gone to waste.
That's why we created a Book of Truth. Just keep your nonsense mythology out of it. Funny, you share the beliefs of a truly intelligent poster on this thread (YHIR) yet you continually seem to defend Creationism.
Ben Dare

Wheaton, IL

#669279 Oct 31, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan is yourself thinking you know it all. The wild child let loose.
I actually agree somewhat with this statement.

Location hidden

#669280 Oct 31, 2013
Ben Dare wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like Topix poo poo'd the poll. I don't blame them. It was pretty abrasive, I have to admit. The choices were:
Describe Dave Nelson:
A.) He's a genius.
B.) He's an arrogant, hateful buffoon.
C.) He's a Dr. Mengele experiment gone bad.
D.) All of the above except "A".
E.) Ditto "D" plus a cum dumpster for winos.
I voted "B" because I don't know anything about your personal relationships with Dr. Mengele or winos.
A typical Topix atheist wide selection of choices there.

Actually, my measured IQ is within the top 2%. Two or three times. That was before I learned anything.

I asked you to leave a comment section. You didn't.
Ben Dare

Wheaton, IL

#669281 Oct 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I perused the article, and that's all it was - an article. I'm not going to blindly believe what is written on done media blog thingy. You can, that's your choice.
I know you were joking about Satan, you missed the point. You compared Teresa & Satan in two deist are posts, demonizing Teresa and holding Satan on a pedestal. That I find odd.
But hey, you're doing exactly what Satan wants you to do.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he existed.(quote from "Usual Suspects" reworded by Ben Dare)
Ben Dare

Wheaton, IL

#669282 Oct 31, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It warms my heart to see I aggravate you and those like you, Ben. Gives me a sense of purpose in life.
In time you may learn that you think you may know what others think and know, thus prompting your emissions of ignorance. Then you may know something.
You aggravated me? Exactly when was that? I do understand that your main purpose in life is to annoy and aggravate people. I really don't understand that, but you are very good at it.
herb list uk

UK

#669283 Oct 31, 2013
Buy genuine bud online here
herblistuk.blogspot.com
Ben Dare

Wheaton, IL

#669284 Oct 31, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I did pretty good considering I was cutting half inch strips leaning over from an odd position in a dark cluttered garage, slightly drunk, and ignoring that inner voice on a beautiful day. I mean, using a saw wasn't something I hadn't done before over the decades. I was typing on here the next day after a very long afternoon. I was quite fortunate. That was an unusual day for this sleepy underpopulated area. Three people died in the ER that day.
Resculpted those blah right three fingers I've been stuck with for so long. A little change of pace. More difficult getting my keys out and grabbing things out of the fridge, but such things makes life more interesting..
You should see some of the things I got away with before.
Well that was unfortunate. I'm sure you learned a lesson about operating power tools while intoxicated. I'm glad the fingers weren't totally lost. This is something I won't joke about again.

#669285 Oct 31, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, my measured IQ is within the top 2%. Two or three times. That was before I learned anything.
Intelligence and aptitude are not necessarily the same thing.

One of the most intelligent people I know (on paper) with in IQ of over 220 designs nuclear power stations for a living yet he is totally flummoxed by the very idea of wiring a plug and revolving doors.

Anyway, top 2% of what?
Ben Dare

Wheaton, IL

#669286 Oct 31, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you, Topix poo poo'd the poll. It was abrasive and they exercised good taste.

Location hidden

#669287 Oct 31, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so far behind the times… again… Electrons flow from the negative terminal to the positive terminal so no physicist considers that electricity flows from positive to negative. That would be a contradiction of provable scientific fact.
However talking to a guy here who has a degree in electrical engineering, he tells me that tradition, as followed by many electrical engineers is that the positive terminal is the source. He has been involved in a long and tiring campaign to teach truth to misinformed electrical engineers.
Not that it makes much difference in human terms, stick you fingers across mains terminals and it does not really matter which way the electricity is flowing and besides I have seen the results of several electrical engineers wiring them up the wrong way anyway.
While on the subject of electricity here’s one for you to ponder – it is said that electricity operates at a close approximation to the speed of light. Example, supply, switch, 186000 miles of wire (of zero resistance) and a bulb. Flick the switch and about a second later the bulb begins to emit light.
Now consider that the closer one travels to the speed of light the more time is dilated to the extent that Einstein has shown time stops at the speed of light.
So if time has stopped can you explain how come the electricity is able to power the light bulb?
Mains go both ways.

The concept of "holes", the positive charge carrier is a physics derivative that led to solid state. Otherwise it was considered a push, the negative charge carrier. It's both, but it how you affect the atom's balance to get things moving.

Time didn't stop.

“Get it right”

Location hidden

#669288 Oct 31, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The uncertainty principle is about particle/wave duality.
You can't pinpoint the speed and position of an electron or photon along the wave front , unless you collapse the wave. This is because it is at all positions simultaneously. The best you can do is determine the % of probability of it's location. But this has been taken farther now , and the probability has been mapped to a science of averages . Here are a few things that show you what the uncertainty means, in wave particle duality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =DfPeprQ7oGcXX
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave_function_co...
http://galileo.phys.virginia.edu/classes/252/...
This one is what we know now, that we didn't know since the turn of the century, and about wave collapse in 1980.
http://www.nature.com/news/2011/110602/full/n...
Thank you for folloowing up, I will check this out and try to digest what it means.-C

“Get it right”

Location hidden

#669289 Oct 31, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
...Given enough time humans will solve all open questions...
"open questions" has a different and far narrower meaning that 'know everything'.
I can't imagine that there is any way to demonstrate that this lighter version is true (is there?). You simply have faith that the claim is true, yes?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#669290 Oct 31, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh are you? And to think that I thought you to be a sexist prig of a godbot
There you go from step one. There is no evidence that any one named jesus existed as described in the babble, in fact there is considerable evidence that no such persons existed.
Therefore any of the stories of jesus cannot in all honesty be called factual
"***in fact*** there is considerable evidence that no such persons existed"

i see how it is - you can say "in fact" when there are no supporting facts, but you chide others for doing it!

what were you saying about hating hypocricy, hon?;)

#669291 Oct 31, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Mains go both ways.
The concept of "holes", the positive charge carrier is a physics derivative that led to solid state. Otherwise it was considered a push, the negative charge carrier. It's both, but it how you affect the atom's balance to get things moving.
Time didn't stop.
AC mains goes alternately both ways, DC goes from neg to pos

Time didn’t stop? Are you arguing with Einstein?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wierd situation with my mom. 7 min zankman79 6
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 22 min Chris Clearwater 174,524
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min Regina 550,704
Last Word + 2 34 min Doug77 875
women watching men naked on webcam (Mar '12) 38 min wallaby84 24
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 56 min EdmondWA 96,400
Stay away from Serious Dehydration 1 hr Jina Johnson 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr trifecta1 602,744
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr RiccardoFire 262,046
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 5 hr pk pk 122

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE