Since: May 07

Muncie, IN

#669196 Oct 30, 2013
orangelion wrote:
provide evidence that evolution is true.
The early 19th century was about 200 years ago.
You might try catching up with current times.

Muncie, IN

#669197 Oct 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
I believe in a higher being because of my technological training. Not one single iota of listening to others beliefs. Just pure analyzing of the circuitry. It is just "knowing". On the scientific level and personal.
It has no face or beard.
Most of your jibber-jabber is based on these things you claim to "just know."
Too bad reality often interferes with your little fantasies and what you "just know."

Muncie, IN

#669198 Oct 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
Since apes are not human, is the Smithsonian claiming that human beings aren't ....well.... human ?
Humans can't be both human animals and non-human animals.....
Saying "apes are not human" is like saying "insects are not beetles." It is a misdirection of the more inclusive grouping category.

Beetles are insects, but not all insects are beetles. For instance, butterflies are insects also.
Humans are apes, but not all apes are humans. For instance, chimpanzees are apes also.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#669199 Oct 30, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>You need to learn what "objective" means.
For instance:
Assuming that magic is real and that a magical being is magically controlling everything or influencing events here and there, is not even remotely close to "objective."
Finding a broken skull and assuming that person suffered a dramatic death during a dramatic biblical event, is not remotely close to "objective."
Cobbling together phrases here and there while assuming that they are true in the first place, and then trying to make them fit into actual science using convoluted reasoning, is not remotely close to "objective."

Declaring science to be false and instead declaring magic to be responsible (such as, evolution), is not remotely close to "objective."
It is your complete misunderstanding of the word "objective" and your inability to think objectively that is causing so much of your confusion concerning science.
the writer of the books (the Bible, the quran and science ,the origin of a man), says in chapter 5 pharaoh merbapeth's Mummy
you can find the detailed description and examination of the body in Elliot Smith's book (The Royal Mummies) 1912.

you should go back to that book and find the detailed description of the examination, Maurice Buqaille and others found those clues before knowing anything about the Quran, so obviously they didn't Just make that fact fit into other verses.

I don't know why you are that convinced to the evolution theory , it may be right and it may be wrong, it was never a fact nor will be.

Muncie, IN

#669200 Oct 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The Bible was written by shepherds, kings, prophets, apostles, disciples, fishermen...
It is the inspired Word of God. God used men over 2500 year period on four different continents. It is all interwoven and all leads to Jesus.
This is your "faith" speaking, not reality.

The Bible is a collection of mostly anonymous texts, some books having more than one anonymous author. What you call the Bible today was canonized by a limited number of men many hundreds of years ago, discarding Christian and Jewish works they deemed not proper (that you have likely not even read). The Old Testament has nothing to do with Jesus, that is the New Testament.

Muncie, IN

#669201 Oct 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Research?
Ok, let's start with your claim that Adam & Eve didn't exist. Show your research on that.
Or we can discuss this opinion of yours:
"The first five books of the Bible (the Pentateuch)(OT) are thought to have been written around the time of the Hebrew exile in Babylon i.e., around 600-500 BC and not by Moses. Job is considered the oldest book in the Old Testament and was written around 1275 BC"
How bout that nonsense, eh?
The story of Adam and Eve is a reworking of the story of Enkidu and Shamhat, mythology that can be found in the Epic of Gilgamesh and that long predates Genesis (and Job).

Muncie, IN

#669202 Oct 30, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
the writer of the books (the Bible, the quran and science ,the origin of a man), says in chapter 5 pharaoh merbapeth's Mummy
you can find the detailed description and examination of the body in Elliot Smith's book (The Royal Mummies) 1912.
you should go back to that book and find the detailed description of the examination, Maurice Buqaille and others found those clues before knowing anything about the Quran, so obviously they didn't Just make that fact fit into other verses.
No, he is the one who fashioned an elaborate story around the mummy without any evidence to back up his story.
That is just silliness.
hazem selawi wrote:
I don't know why you are that convinced to the evolution theory , it may be right and it may be wrong, it was never a fact nor will be.
Since when did it become "never a fact"? It has been a fact for a very long time now.

Where have you been?

Next thing you are going to say that germs do not cause disease, because germ theory is "only a theory," eh?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Kalispell Montana

#669203 Oct 30, 2013
Really scary article about Tea Party darling, Senator Ted Cruz.

“In a sermon last year at an Irving, Texas, megachurch that helped elect Ted Cruz to the U.S. Senate, Cruz’ father Rafael Cruz indicated that his son was among the evangelical Christians who are anointed as “kings” to take control of all sectors of society, an agenda commonly referred to as the “Seven Mountains” mandate, and “bring the spoils of war to the priests”, thus helping to bring about a prophesied “great transfer of wealth”, from the “wicked” to righteous gentile believers.” Read more at:
http://disinfo.com/2013/10/ted-cruzs-father-p...

They are Christian Dominionist and they also believe that their sect of Christianity should rule the United States (and probably the world) and the Old Testament should be the basis of all laws.

These evangelical fundamentalist crackpot Christians are really dangerous and will not stop trying to launch their evil agenda on society.

“Cruz spoke of “Kings who are anointed to go to war, win the war, and bring the spoils of war to the priests.” Discussion of the now-notorious speech by Rafael Cruz has missed the fact that Ted Cruz was subsequently blessed and anointed by prominent dominionist pastors, in effect as a “king” in the political/governmental sphere, at a special blessing ceremony at the Marriott Hotel in Des Moines, Iowa, at a July 19th-20th 2013 rally designed to draw pastors into politics.“

Watch out for this guy

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#669204 Oct 31, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I have gone through a door, that can never lead back to belief in the ridiculousness of bible mythology. Short of the magician himself presenting his heavenly miracles in the flesh. I tend to see it as a deception , a little white lie , that blew itself out of proportion.
It became a monstrous fraud for power hungry maniacs.
You agree with me!

Congratulations!

I'm happy about that!

=)

Did RR's personal experience, his evidence, his "proof"...

something that should and would kill the thread...

the thing that he ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT share with me...

Did he really provide THAT in my absence and did it really involve a snake?

Surly you jest!

Then again...

We are talking about a Christian.

It's hard to tell whether you jest or not.

I suspect you are.

But... GOSH it's hard to tell!

The thread's still alive.

Defaulting to "jest".
Greens - tuf

Sydney, Australia

#669205 Oct 31, 2013
Toast TOAST wrote:
No one can explain where space came from
There is no such thing as " space ".
The fluid like medium of pure energy often gets offended when you call it space.

“The king saids "Dinner!"”

Gay Luigi

#669206 Oct 31, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as " space ".
The fluid like medium of pure energy often gets offended when you call it space.
Huh?

Location hidden

#669207 Oct 31, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>No, he is the one who fashioned an elaborate story around the mummy without any evidence to back up his story.
That is just silliness.
<quoted text>Since when did it become "never a fact"? It has been a fact for a very long time now.
Where have you been?
Next thing you are going to say that germs do not cause disease, because germ theory is "only a theory," eh?
it is not proved ...!!! and it is a theory
Greens - tuf

Sydney, Australia

#669208 Oct 31, 2013
Toast TOAST wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
Everything that you can see came from that "space" , including you and me, and everything will eventually go back to that space, it is that space which is the creater , but that space is super intelligent energy, it manifests to create the illusion of solidness, and once you have a material world of particles the surroundings look like space when in actual fact they are still one and the same, there is no dualism, and the result causes the Universe to expand for infinity only as long as there is a material world where interaction of material beings creates emotions.
The Universe works for its own good, we are the emotional pawns which drive its continuity.
It's a nasty world, but the Universe needs to create such a volatile place so as to draw out the emotions. If this world wasn't such an illusion than we would all see through it and life as we know it would fail.
Hence we call this moment a reality, but I know better.

“The king saids "Dinner!"”

Gay Luigi

#669209 Oct 31, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything that you can see came from that "space" , including you and me, and everything will eventually go back to that space, it is that space which is the creater , but that space is super intelligent energy, it manifests to create the illusion of solidness, and once you have a material world of particles the surroundings look like space when in actual fact they are still one and the same, there is no dualism, and the result causes the Universe to expand for infinity only as long as there is a material world where interaction of material beings creates emotions.
The Universe works for its own good, we are the emotional pawns which drive its continuity.
It's a nasty world, but the Universe needs to create such a volatile place s
Hence we call this moment a reality, but I know better.
Ok ty for the lesson...
But I was making a stament that god exist because scientist still dont know space became to be

Muncie, IN

#669210 Oct 31, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
it is not proved ...!!!
You can jump up and down screaming that the world is flat, but it doesn't make the world flat.
What you are suggesting is something similar to that.
hazem selawi wrote:
and it is a theory
So tell me, do you believe in:
Cells?(cell theory)
Atoms?(atomic theory)
Electricity?(electrical theory)
Gravity?(gravitational theory)
Disease-causing germs?(germ theory)

Odd that you are sitting at a computer and at the same time questioning whether or not electricity is real.

What is going on is that you do not understand the definition of the term "theory" when used in a scientific context. "Theory," when used in a scientific context, describes the mechanisms and details surrounding an observed phenomenon in nature. So, for instance, atomic theory describes the mechanisms and details surrounding atoms, cell theory describes the mechanisms and details of cells, and so on.

This is a fairly basic concept in science.
Semmol

Pittsburgh, PA

#669211 Oct 31, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……… Amazing it is there are Bones-how about that?
Greens - Tuf

Sydney, Australia

#669212 Oct 31, 2013
Toast TOAST wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok ty for the lesson...
But I was making a stament that god exist because scientist still dont know space became to be
Yes, but again, what is space ?
Space is a fluid like sea of energy, so it never came to be because energy cannot be created, it was always there.
"God" is nothing but energy. You cannot have a "God" and energy, they are not separate from one an other, they are one and the same .
Man created "God" to explain an unknown force, an energy force. Man needs to have a materialistic image of something that they cannot see so as to make themselves feel better about the world, but it actually hinders our understanding of the Universe.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#669213 Oct 31, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
See, that's why I wouldn't do your homework....I would do the work and you just dismiss it out of hand; without any research at all.
200,000 years can be proven by circumstantial evidence.
1,00000 years no proof at all.
6,000 years absolutely no proof.
So how old do you think the humans race is?
I dunno. Somewhere between 6,000-1,000,000 years old.

(That's a scientific-like guess)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#669214 Oct 31, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Again, should I add a disclaimer that it could be wrong? It is what we know based on the current information, and there is only a tiny chance we are wrong. When I say I "know" adam and eve didn't exist, I am basing my opinion on evidence from *several* different scientific fields, and you are basing yours on an ancient book of fairy tales and a delusional episode you had a while back.
Ah. More of what you "know".

Thanks.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#669215 Oct 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

I find it odd that a person could hate the 'figment of some ancient charlatan's imagination'.
Ben Dare wrote:
Why do you find that odd? Don't you hate it when someone lies? Do you hate the lie? Same thing.
Het man, you're the one that hates the 'nonexistent'....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Michael 568,485
Is colin powell a traitor??? (Oct '08) 12 min Tell it like it is 538
Scientific proof for God's existence 15 min eyeful 624
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 33 min trifecta1 607,256
Where do you get your news? Todd Charske (Jan '09) 47 min Todd Charske 9
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rick in Kansas 267,560
The movements of O.J. Simpson on the night of J... 1 hr Senecus 10
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 13 hr Ntakudyaunya 12
More from around the web