Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#669561 Nov 1, 2013
Clark Griswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa, are you suggesting that there are actually contradictions in the bible?
There aren't any. Rev Anal is the king of cherry-picking and quote mining.

Stick around and you'll see that.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#669562 Nov 1, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you refuse to do what Jesus commands of you? Do you think your blatant refusal helps convince normal people to abandon their reason and become a pew warmer?
thanks for your concern, but Jesus and i are as tight as tight can be!

now - what about YOU and how are YOU doing with them commandments?!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#669563 Nov 1, 2013
DAVE: I went through all three and into someplace else. Why I have emphasized how what you think now evaporates very quickly when you do die.

ALAN: You do not know what happens when someone dies. And even if the knowledge of that were in your possession you do not know how to act on it to change anything.
It is like being in a car that has driven over the cliff and you know you are going to die and all you can do is sit there and wait for the car to hit the rocks below.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#669564 Nov 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ok. I didn't call your belief in god loopy (though it is strange), I called your belief that satan is secretly influencing topix posters loopy. Because it is.
There ya go, timn. That's YOUR belief.

Physician, heal thyself.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#669565 Nov 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm quite aware god doesn't let children starve. But if he existed, it would be a necessary condition of his existence that everything that happens is his will.
When you turn on your TV set your will trumps the comfort zone of all the components involved. It is that final product you are concerned with.

You are just a bigger collection of components than in that TV set. You even stress and damage those in manifesting your will.

But they all have a purpose.

Do you listen to their whining?

The universe and all of existence is larger than you.

Location hidden

#669566 Nov 1, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
But if you really, really believe, god is magically there!
You really don't see how it works, do you?
If RR really believed he would have magical powers, according to the Bible, the fact that he does not have magical powers is proof the Bible is false.

In 508 Answers to Bible Questions (p. 120-121) M.R. DeHaan addresses the problems created by Mark 16:15-18, which alleges believers can take up serpents, drink any deadly thing, and cure the sick by laying on of hands.

"This, of course, is a rather difficult passage, but I believe that when we learn to rightly divide the Word of truth, we should have no difficulty at all. I believe that verses 15 and 16 are a general commission which the Lord Jesus Christ gave unto us for this entire dispensation (or era). However, verses 17 and 18, which have to do with the signs of the apostleship, were for a particular period only.... After the canon of Scripture was completed and all the books of the New Testament had been written, God expects us to believe His promises rather than to look for signs and miracles, so we believe that today signs and miracles as recorded in the 16th chapter of Mark are past...."

DeHaan claims the believer's ability to pick up serpents and drink any deadly thing pertained to the period of the apostles only, although there is nothing to justify this assumption. Where is the evidence? He says "we believe," but there is no scriptual support for his belief. Where does the Bible say that the powers granted in Mark 16:16-18 applied only to people at that time? DeHaan proceeds with, "Whenever it pleases the Lord to perform these miracles or to give these gifts, He is still able to do so (Ibid. p.121)." We aren't discussing the Lord's ability to take up serpents and drink poison; we are discussing the ability of believers to do so, and the difficulty of finding someone who has been given these gifts.

DeHaan then states, "I do not believe that we ought to tempt God by taking up rattlesnakes or by drinking poison just in order to test the word of God. That is presumption; and is tempting the Almighty and God cannot be tempted....nothing pleases Him more than when His children are willing to trust His word and His promise without any other evidence whatsoever (Ibid. p. 121)." How is one tempting God by merely asking believers to drink any deadly thing? Is the Bible so sacrosanct as to be above testing? That's hard to believe, since the Book, itself, says, "Prove all things (1 Thess. 5:21)" and proof is all that was sought.

DeHaan concludes, "If Mark 16:15-18 is all for us, then it must always succeed, and such is not the case, as you will soon find out, if you drink poison and handle snakes (Ibid. 121-22)." The promise fails not because Mark is speaking only to those in the apostolic age, but because the verse is simply false.

Link to website intentionally removed just to annoy RR.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#669567 Nov 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What hypothetical starving child are you talking about?
How do you know he has "praised god" his whole life? How did he praise god? What did he do? Did he just sit around and pray or did he actually praise god?
People die everyday for many, many different reasons. Why would God protect just starving kids? Why not the accident victim or the drive-by shooting victim or the lung cancer victim?
Because He knows our physical existence is only the beginning.
Stop being angry at God.
You're such a tool. It's unbelievable that you can write off the unimaginable suffering that humans endure as "all part of the plan." Are you denying that there are totally pious people who praise god with all their heart who die anyway?

Alamosa, CO

#669568 Nov 1, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
DAVE: I went through all three and into someplace else. Why I have emphasized how what you think now evaporates very quickly when you do die.
ALAN: You do not know what happens when someone dies. And even if the knowledge of that were in your possession you do not know how to act on it to change anything.
It is like being in a car that has driven over the cliff and you know you are going to die and all you can do is sit there and wait for the car to hit the rocks below.
Well, Alan, I had a dump truck and bulldozer convince me I died. I checked out after I discovered I was no longer in that body hanging off the seat belts. Quite the surprise. It had a tremendous affect on my thinking.

What is your experience in such things?

Location hidden

#669569 Nov 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote: "I expect more subtle ones to effect changes. Discrete signals to trigger actions, not brute force to destroy. Finesse. Leverage. A discrete signal can activate the process to rearrange everything here on the physical and mental levels."

And the discrete signal is what? And what are these "levels" you speak of, how is the physical different from the mental and are there other "levels". And how did you learn of them and did you verify the truth of the information you were given? Or did you just dream up this all by yourself?

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#669570 Nov 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
For a perfect insulator it sure carries a lot of energy in it. All of the energy of the universe, in fact.
You couldn't see the stars if it didn't, sweetie. Or feel the heat of the sun.
You have a point but try measuring the resistance of a vacuum

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#669571 Nov 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya go, timn. That's YOUR belief.
Physician, heal thyself.
Ok? I have a belief that thinking demons control our minds is a little crazy.

Nuts, I know.

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#669572 Nov 1, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"you have great faith in my messengers, my daughter!" - satan the lying loser-dork
??? you ignorance is pleasing to your soul

They are facts you don’t want to discus facts then fine.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#669573 Nov 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You're such a tool. It's unbelievable that you can write off the unimaginable suffering that humans endure as "all part of the plan." Are you denying that there are totally pious people who praise god with all their heart who die anyway?
Why would I deny that? We all physically die someday. To deny that is ignorant.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#669574 Nov 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You're such a tool. It's unbelievable that you can write off the unimaginable suffering that humans endure as "all part of the plan." Are you denying that there are totally pious people who praise god with all their heart who die anyway?
Oh, btw. Humans create their own suffering.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#669575 Nov 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ok? I have a belief that thinking demons control our minds is a little crazy.
Nuts, I know.
Another belief.

Not one I share.

Satan or demons cannot control our minds.

Location hidden

#669576 Nov 1, 2013
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello stranger, I was starting to worry about you.:)
Doesn't that make you all warm and fuzzy on the inside?
The fact that somebody on the other side of the globe is thinking about you.
Don't you just love how far technology has come ?
Too bad humanity has not come as far as technology has. Technology seems to be a distraction away from the curiosity we are born with about what we are, why we exist and what if any thing we should be doing.

The Universe is doing something and people would rather watch a movie than participate in what the Universe is doing.

I was in Punchbowl, NSW for the last week which is why I have not participated in the petty bickering in here much. As California gets ready to enter winter, "down under" is enjoying the start of spring and it is wonderful.

We stopped off in Hawaii for a couple of days before returning home. Any day now we'll have frost and will have to cover all the citrus and avocado trees. Lots of work, but a labor of love.

New South Wales
Not a bad place to visit, but you wouldn't want to stay there too long. Watch out for storms, and don't get hit by huge hailstones.
200ml: A Seven, a Glass, or a Beer. They might have a whinge at you for ordering a Beer though.
285ml: A Middie. Weakling New South Welsh bastards!
425ml: A Schooner. See above.
570ml: A Pint

We did make a quick hop, skip, and a jump to:

Northern Territory
It may even get hotter here than in WA, so beer is a neccessity. This is the red(neck) centre, and has the highest beer consumption per head.'Nuff said.
200ml: A Seven, or a Seven Ounce. In honour of Imperial Measurements.
285ml: A Pot, a Beer, or a Handle.
425ml: A Schooner.

You didn't know I was learning to speak Australian did you.

Location hidden

#669577 Nov 1, 2013
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
"God" doesn't let children starve, we let children starve.
We can do something about it, so why don't we put our energy towards it ?
It's called taking ownership.
The Christian Bible teaches that after we accept Jesus we can ask for and receive anything we want. How many children are begging Jesus to cure their disease and give them a decent meal before bedtime?

Jesus loves all the little children in the world, can you imagine if he hated them?

“A witty saying proves nothing”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#669578 Nov 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There aren't any. Rev Anal is the king of cherry-picking and quote mining.
Stick around and you'll see that.
Riv, there are so many holes in that book I often throw a few pages on my ham sandwich whenever I run out of Swiss Cheese.

Alamosa, CO

#669579 Nov 1, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a point but try measuring the resistance of a vacuum
You can't electrically. Has to do with what I was describing earlier about how it works and turning into light absent a direct link via electron valences.

The resistance is expressed in the speed of light, which in essence is the inertia of space. The volume created by the charge has to push space out of the way, but the real limiter of speed is the time for that space to collapse behind it. Space is a vacuum insofar as matter goes, but that area behind a moving portion of it is REAL vacuum. Superdrag.

Matter and things such as light are wrapped up motion of space. Move those packets and you have to move space. And again, not only do you have those motions of the packets, but this is the real biggie, you have the pumping and gating of the space within your atomic structures caused by its internal motion. An electron moving is a hammer, that quivering space is a radio broadcast.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#669580 Nov 1, 2013
Clark Griswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Riv, there are so many holes in that book I often throw a few pages on my ham sandwich whenever I run out of Swiss Cheese.
Uh-huh

Name one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 10 min Nohweh 71,856
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 50 min Doctor REALITY 134
"O.J. hit me while he (BLEEPED!) me! 57 min Doctor REALITY 10
Rodney King beating and the WTC Jumpers 1 hr Doctor REALITY 11
OKC Thunder startin to LOSE THEIR COOL 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,837
My mom is getting married again 1 hr Doctor REALITY 4
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Rosesz 699,470
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 11 hr Big Al 447,425