:)

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#669362 Oct 31, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
it is not proved ...!!! and it is a theory
It is a 'Scientific Theory', which basically means it is true up to this point in time. If it is disproven it is not a theory anymore.

1870 germ theory established by Pasteur and Koch--still valid theory.
1859 Evolution theory established by Darwin--still valid theory.
Ben Dare

Schaumburg, IL

#669363 Oct 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you got it. Every kind of "clean animal", which is later spelled out in Deuteronomy & Leviticus.
That's quite different from "all the animal species from the entire earth" as you claimed.
You really should read to comprehend BEFORE you tear it apart...
You think God made an "evil decision" by killing off all the evil people in the world?! How's that?
Your Ideals of God seems to be entirely based on the OT. Ever read or study the NT?
Jesus... OK, read it AGAIN, also mentions the unclean ones:

2 Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and one pair of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, 3 and also seven pairs of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth.

And THIS covers ALL the animals on the earth. Admit it's ridiculous.

I'm very familiar with the NT. I suffered through 8 years of this nonsense in grade school. Yes, the Old Testament is the one that mainly deals with God the Father, so it's the part one would most likely go to to read stories about him. The NT mainly deals with his kid. It's funny how Christians like to treat the OT like the red headed retarded child they hide in the attic whenever company comes over.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#669364 Oct 31, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, Hukt!
Where ya been?
Went to see Helen Waite.

All I got was this lousy handbasket.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#669365 Oct 31, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
They are known to be anonymous by Biblical scholars who actually research the gospels. As a good example see "Jesus Interrupted" and/or "Misquoting Jesus" by Bart Ehrmann M.Div,PhD, who is currently the James A. Gray Distinguished Professor of Religious Studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Also see the book "Sins of Scripture" By retired Bishop John Shelby Spong.
By not educating yourself on both sides of the question you are doing yourself a great dis-service and doing exactly what your handlers want.
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
&#8213; Plato
thanks, bud, but i receive instruction from REAL biblical scholars, not wolves and sheep's clothing.

do what ya gotta do, hommes, and so will i;)

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#669366 Oct 31, 2013
Louis Wu is a sl_t!

Captain Kirk's downright prudish by comparison.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#669367 Oct 31, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks, bud, but i receive instruction from REAL biblical scholars, not wolves and sheep's clothing.
Your 'Handlers' will be proud of you.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#669368 Oct 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about you, but I've never killed a human and I doubt that I could.
That's a start.
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
So if some Trayvon Martin started banging your head into the sidewwalk you would just lay there and take it?
Absolutely not. I'd incapacitate him and try not to kill him.

I've been in a similar situation before, nobody died.

What would you do?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#669369 Oct 31, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Went to see Helen Waite.
I'm refurbishing Nymph's Basket. Fusion drive.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#669370 Oct 31, 2013
Ben Dare wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus... OK, read it AGAIN, also mentions the unclean ones:
2 Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and one pair of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, 3 and also seven pairs of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth.
And THIS covers ALL the animals on the earth. Admit it's ridiculous.
I'm very familiar with the NT. I suffered through 8 years of this nonsense in grade school. Yes, the Old Testament is the one that mainly deals with God the Father, so it's the part one would most likely go to to read stories about him. The NT mainly deals with his kid. It's funny how Christians like to treat the OT like the red headed retarded child they hide in the attic whenever company comes over.
Which is why I don't invite company over.

So I don't have to hide in the attic...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#669371 Oct 31, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Went to see Helen Waite.
Were there flying, frozen pigs in that basket?
Ben Dare

Schaumburg, IL

#669372 Oct 31, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so concerned with those problems, and then you bewail a method nature uses to mitigate them.
You are in a race against time. Unless you wish to have your standard of living, or even life, continue, then you either come up with something really, really good, or you go the natural way to delay. Your choice.
You're speaking in generalities. The reality is, there's nothing one single person can do to rectify tens of thousands of years of problems. Not even Dave, the self professed Topix genius.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really expect me to save YOUR ass?
You are a bigger fool than I thought if:

A.) You think I would consider you capable of saving the local 711 from an ant infestation let alone capable of solving the worlds mounting problems.
B.) I would consider you capable of ever saving anyone but yourself from anything.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The world will take care of itself. It has done so for a while before your religious ideals appeared and second guesses what she wants.
Yes it will, and I don't think it's going to be pretty, at least not during the readjustment phase. And they're not MY religious ideals. They're yours. They must be because you keep defending them. Pick one side of the fence and stay there. You claim to be a Deist, but talk mostly like a Theist.0
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to remind you that you are product of this planet, not the other way around.
Thank you very much for that slice of insight Captain Obvious.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Readjust your thinking is my suggestion.
To what? Worshipping a creator? If there is a cognizant creator I doubt he gives a flying fk who or what I worship. Creators of Universes don't have petty human traits. Man created God in his own image.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#669373 Oct 31, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
Louis Wu is a sl_t!
Captain Kirk's downright prudish by comparison.
Louis Wu and Beowulf Schaffer both.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#669374 Oct 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Were there flying, frozen pigs in that basket?
No.

Just some rednecks... and maybe a hick or two.

Alamosa, CO

#669375 Oct 31, 2013
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-24806...

Cool.

Technology and scouts.

Way to go.

Watch police departments along the route demand his GPS recordings.

How come I don't see things like this in American papers? It's always the Brits that come up with these neat stories.
Ben Dare

Schaumburg, IL

#669376 Oct 31, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I was quite aware of what you did. Check your ISP location.
The joke is on you. A pratfall.
Dammit, you are simply a dim bulb Dave. Yes, I know my ISP location shows, that's part of the joke. Your dimness lies in your taking "I voted 4 times" literally. You know, it wouldn't be so bad if you weren't blowing your own horn constantly about your superior intelligence. Now scamper around some more and pretend you "got" it and the jokes really on me. It's funny to watch a pompous, puffy old fool dance.

Alamosa, CO

#669377 Oct 31, 2013
Ben Dare wrote:
<quoted text>
You're speaking in generalities. The reality is, there's nothing one single person can do to rectify tens of thousands of years of problems. Not even Dave, the self professed Topix genius.
<quoted text>
You are a bigger fool than I thought if:
A.) You think I would consider you capable of saving the local 711 from an ant infestation let alone capable of solving the worlds mounting problems.
B.) I would consider you capable of ever saving anyone but yourself from anything.
<quoted text>
Yes it will, and I don't think it's going to be pretty, at least not during the readjustment phase. And they're not MY religious ideals. They're yours. They must be because you keep defending them. Pick one side of the fence and stay there. You claim to be a Deist, but talk mostly like a Theist.0
<quoted text>
Thank you very much for that slice of insight Captain Obvious.
<quoted text>
To what? Worshipping a creator? If there is a cognizant creator I doubt he gives a flying fk who or what I worship. Creators of Universes don't have petty human traits. Man created God in his own image.
You're melting.

Watch the carpet.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#669378 Oct 31, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Its an odd religion that would have the god of that religion make the bible so hard to understand that you would need biblical scholars to help interpret it...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#669379 Oct 31, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Just some rednecks... and maybe a hick or two.
What the hell are you doing with a basket with hicks n rednecks in it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 45 min Just Think 673,288
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Highrolla90 445,812
News Judge allows Oregon resident to be genderless 5 hr discocrisco 1
News The First Market Test In The Trump Presidency? 5 hr discocrisco 1
News Twentynine Palms - DesertVictorville man suspec... 5 hr discocrisco 1
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 7 hr lightbeamrider 4,051
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr bad bob 184,622
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 hr COOTERDOG 104,720
More from around the web